Lawmakers Consider Raising National D...

Lawmakers Consider Raising National Driving Age - NewsChannel5.com ...

There are 2 comments on the NewsChannel5.com Nashville story from Jun 14, 2010, titled Lawmakers Consider Raising National Driving Age - NewsChannel5.com .... In it, NewsChannel5.com Nashville reports that:

NASHVILLE, Tenn.- As the debate over raising the national driving age to 16 is ongoing in Washington, local teens and parents weighed in on the idea.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsChannel5.com Nashville.

Signs

Mount Juliet, TN

#1 Jun 14, 2010
I started driving with an adult at the age of 14 with a learners permit. I was able to drive by myself at age 16. I think the older you are the better off you are at being smarter. with all the tech boom and texting I think we need to bring the age up to 21 just like drinking.
hillbillyred

Crossville, TN

#2 Jun 14, 2010
I agree with you, Signs. My grandson is 17 and he has had several wrecks already. Of course it is never his fault. But we adults know better. At least at 21, they would be more mature than at 16. Well, maybe 18 would be more realistic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brentwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tennessee First State to Trade Confederate Stat... 4 hr THE ORANGE ONE 1
Keep a Word Drop a Word (Mar '15) 5 hr Alyssa76 208
TDOT on a fg role again 8 hr Government Cheese 2
Rudy Kalis forced out at channel 4 9 hr True 6
Kutos- Grandmother Reports Grandson 10 hr Mom 3
How long till nobody can afford rent 10 hr Mom 72
Dodge City 11 hr Mom 14

Brentwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance