Va. cancels Tenn. company's I-81 main...

Va. cancels Tenn. company's I-81 maintenance contracts, says requir...

There are 3 comments on the WTVR story from Jun 15, 2010, titled Va. cancels Tenn. company's I-81 maintenance contracts, says requir.... In it, WTVR reports that:

The Virginia Department of Transportation has terminated two Interstate 81 maintenance contracts worth $56 million, saying the contractor didn't meet its requirements.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

#1 Jun 15, 2010
Good. Now do the same with the Northrup Gruman VITA contract.

That contract has cost the Commonwealth millions. N/G has failed to deliver and "the contractor didn't meet its requirements."

What is the question and who has been bought off?
Real Change

Clarksville, TN

#2 Jun 16, 2010
I sat on I81 for 5 hours in that snow storm looking for vdot. It is good to know that it wasn't their shortcoming. It was crazy out there. I was thankful to have a diesel truck and keep the truck running and warm. Diesel engines burn very little fuel when idling. Therefore, I was warm but other people had to cut their cars off to conserve fuel. It was a disaster. Very few snow removal trucks were on 81 and tractor trailers and cars were stranded everywhere. Kudos to vdot for stepping up to the plate on this one. I usually criticize vdot- but this was a great decision. Thanks
i worked there

United States

#3 Jun 19, 2010
you arnt able to clear snow when every one stopes in the road vdot never showed up till late the next morning and what about them they did worse then ica it was a bad winter vdot does a louzy job thats why they have to contract the prodject out that way they have someone to put the blame on

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brentwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
date rape drug 2 hr Coy 6
What is the most shocking..... 6 hr Dr Pill 55
News Church of God of Prophecy rethinks position aga... (Aug '06) 9 hr Educated Calvinist 830
Will U.S.A. go to war 9 hr Dan Rather 27
How Far Would You Go In Supporting Trump? 9 hr Dan Rather 14
Online dating 13 hr Sweet guy 2
8-Year-Old Found Hanging From Tree (May '09) Wed Bissell 116

Brentwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brentwood Mortgages