Stimulus funds keep Tenn. construction jobs afloat

Sep 16, 2009 Full story: The Knoxville News Sentinel 15

David Halbert rolls out a traffic control barrel on State Route 66 on Aug. 11 in Sevierville.

Read more
dragonyear

New Market, TN

#1 Sep 16, 2009
hwy 66 our stimulas dollars at work, illegals are the ones working, not americans. Blalock hires illegals, they are a disgrace
Justin w

Nashville, TN

#2 Sep 17, 2009
That is all youo see, besides Blalock TDOT has quite a few working for them

“Obamunism - Political Failure”

Since: Feb 08

Out here in the country

#3 Sep 17, 2009
I get tired of people posting that some company or organization (that they probably have some grudge against) hires "illegals". If that's the case, what have you done to report them. What documentation do you have to prove this? I am absolutely against undocumented foreign nationals being in this country and taking jobs that could be filled by American citizens. On the other hand, people do not help fight this by posting on Topix. Have you written your elected officials? Have you complained to local law enforcement? Have you reported to the FBI / Homeland Security / ICE? If not your posts are hurting the cause of fighting illegal immigration because it appears we are a "fringe" group.
60 Gunner

United States

#4 Sep 17, 2009
I.C.E ph#866-347-2423.Program it in your cell phone and be ready!They keep telling me that they are most focused on Morristown at the moment but they keep records on all reports.So they say!
War on the middle class

United States

#5 Sep 17, 2009
Meanwhile, obama cancels F-22 production that will lose 2,000 high paying American jobs.
obama now cancels missile defense system that will eliminate thousands more American jobs.

Out here in the country

#6 Sep 17, 2009
War on the middle class wrote:
Meanwhile, obama cancels F-22 production that will lose 2,000 high paying American jobs.
obama now cancels missile defense system that will eliminate thousands more American jobs.
O ne
B lack
A $$-hole
M utilating
A merica

Out here in the country

#7 Sep 17, 2009
60 Gunner wrote:
I.C.E ph#866-347-2423.Program it in your cell phone and be ready!They keep telling me that they are most focused on Morristown at the moment but they keep records on all reports.So they say!
Absolutely, brother! If we don't then nothing gets better. If nothing else, they'll get tired of us calling!
60 Gunner

United States

#8 Sep 17, 2009
Minuteman wrote:
<quoted text>
O ne
B lack
A $$-hole
M utilating
A merica
I LIKE it!!!!I think that they recognize my voice when i call i.c.e.Dam just b#tchin about it .CALL Folks!Have a good one Minuteman!GUNNER!

“global warming is a hoax”

Since: Apr 08

knoxville

#9 Sep 17, 2009
War on the middle class wrote:
can you phuquin' believe that now we have the russians and china dictating our defense policies ???

not to mention that he's setting up to have the government be the sole entity in charge of student loans !!!
just another in a long list of government take overs.

you just can't make this stuff up as fast as he actually come up with it for real.

he's also watching with glee as we're all distracted by the racism charges that are floating about everywhere.

and how about that worthless p.o.s. jimmy carter ???
and what's even worse is that his words are in lock step with words of osama bin laden.

knoxville

#10 Sep 17, 2009
damn, how i wish that some of you people who used to be all over this forum during the campaign, and actually voted for him, would now come back here and explain just what in the HELL you were thinking !!

Out here in the country

#12 Sep 17, 2009
Earl Keese wrote:
<quoted text>
can you phuquin' believe that now we have the russians and china dictating our defense policies ???
not to mention that he's setting up to have the government be the sole entity in charge of student loans !!!
just another in a long list of government take overs.
you just can't make this stuff up as fast as he actually come up with it for real.
he's also watching with glee as we're all distracted by the racism charges that are floating about everywhere.
and how about that worthless p.o.s. jimmy carter ???
and what's even worse is that his words are in lock step with words of osama bin laden.
I wish I could say when this all got so screwed up. Maybe I'm a little too skeptical, but I have NEVER believed a politician at campaign time, including Republicans. One of the best lines in "Hunt for Red October" was when the VP said,"son I'm a politician, so when I'm not kissin' babies, I'm tryin' to steal their lollipops". That kind of sums it up for me. A HUGE number of people who voted for Oblunder actually believed the crap he was laying out. No matter how unrealistic it sounded, it was still widely accepted.

knoxville

#13 Sep 17, 2009
when you look at where the poorest people in this nation are located.(inner cities)
areas where liberal politicians have ruled forever.

and then you ask, what has the democratic party ever actually done for it's followers other than create virtual slavery for them, via the hand out system that they purport in order to con voters into electing them.

and when you look at the root cause of our economic mess......
and the failed policies that they tout as solutions.......

and what about those highway signs that advertise stimulus $$$'s at work.
$20 million they spent on those !!!

shovel ready jobs !!
what a crock !!
how in the HELL are those supposed to create long term economic growth and steady income for out of work skilled labor ???

"no comprende"

Out here in the country

#14 Sep 17, 2009
Earl Keese wrote:
when you look at where the poorest people in this nation are located.(inner cities)
areas where liberal politicians have ruled forever.
and then you ask, what has the democratic party ever actually done for it's followers other than create virtual slavery for them, via the hand out system that they purport in order to con voters into electing them.
and when you look at the root cause of our economic mess......
and the failed policies that they tout as solutions.......
and what about those highway signs that advertise stimulus $$$'s at work.
$20 million they spent on those !!!
shovel ready jobs !!
what a crock !!
how in the HELL are those supposed to create long term economic growth and steady income for out of work skilled labor ???
"no comprende"
That's right and not only that, many jobs require a union worker or the company doesn't get the funds. Payback for getting elected. He couldn't have won unless the unions endorsed him.

knoxville

#15 Sep 17, 2009
i heard a question/statement on the radio that asked,"why is he continually going to all of these union meetings lately ??"

the insinuation is that, he's in trouble !!!

“Goddess on the Loose.”

Since: Mar 08

Morristown

#16 Sep 17, 2009
Earl Keese wrote:
i heard a question/statement on the radio that asked,"why is he continually going to all of these union meetings lately ??"
the insinuation is that, he's in trouble !!!
He just can't get anything done without the unions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brentwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Recommendation Needed for Roofing Company 12 min Facts Jack 9
Justice for Misty Ambrose (Apr '13) 1 hr Damon Hazell 10
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 8 hr Rudy 2,180
Missy Houston Mon just saying 1
Data recovery Mac and iPhone. Help pls!!!!!! (Sep '13) Mon Janet Lans 16
Loden Vision Center Sun testing 8
Penn Station Restaurant Sun Teacher 09 1
Brentwood Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web