Nashville Auto Diesel College

Posted in the Brentwood Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Concerned Parent

Creole, LA

#1 Oct 10, 2008
I would appreciate HONEST opinions from ones that are familiar with this college. My son is interested in attending here but from what I have read in feedback, this may not be such a good idea. If someone in law enforcement would comment, I would most certainly appreciate it. I know there are going to be different opinions and I also appreciate this as well. I just want honest opinions of people that KNOW...... not something that they heard. What is the neighborhood like? The dorms? Living conditions? Is there security? Is it reliable? I am just trying to make sure that the 30,000$+ that we spend is going to be worth it...... Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Not Sure

Murfreesboro, TN

#3 Oct 11, 2008
I to am thinking of attending but have doubts.I have toured the school and it is definitely in a rough neighborhood.And it does look old and security would be and is a major concern for me.I have no connection to the school other than wanting to attend but am also concerned about job placement and the cost of tuition(I am middle aged with a family wanting to change careers)Will it be worthwhile(Don't Know)but the dorms look definetly rough.I would be very Hesitant on sending my child from out of state.
Concerned parent

Creole, LA

#4 Oct 14, 2008
C'mon. Somebody has got to know SOMETHING about this place.
Concerned parent

Creole, LA

#5 Oct 14, 2008
Thanks Not Sure. I am planning on going for a tour myself over the Christmas holidays. I think we may use off campus housing. I'm "Not sure" either

Since: May 08

Chapmansboro, TN

#6 Oct 15, 2008
Concerned parent wrote:
I had a friend attend NADC back in 2000. I don't know a whole lot about the school itself, but the area isn't the greatest. He lived in the same apartment complex as I did, which was about 5 miles from the campus.(near Old Hickory Blvd in Madison) There was a lot of crime and break ins. I had my vehicle broken into several times and then completely stolen and never recovered. I also worked as a leasing agent in the complex I lived in. There were armed robberies, auto theft, auto break ins.

I am so glad to have moved from the area. I would not recommend it to anyone. If your son does decide to go to NADC, I would recommend living in Hendersonville. It would only be about a 10-15 minute drive via interstate to get to the campus. Cost of living is a bit higher, but well worth it.

**and if I can get ahold of my friend who attended NADC, I will see what he thought about the school and if he would recommend it.

Chapmansboro, TN

#7 Oct 15, 2008
Just heard back from my friend who attended. He highly recommends the school itself.
Concerned parent wrote:
Concerned parent

Creole, LA

#8 Oct 17, 2008
eyezrblu wrote:
Just heard back from my friend who attended. He highly recommends the school itself.
<quoted text>
THANK YOU so very much eyezrblu! We live in Louisiana and I am trying oh so unsuccessfully to get some help with this. I do appreciate your help more than you will ever know. Do you live in Nashville still? And the area that you recommended, do you know about how much a 2 bedroom apartment would cost there? He says he is going and he is leaving in June. His mind is made up so all I can do is support him in his decision and pray.

Chapmansboro, TN

#9 Oct 17, 2008
Concerned parent wrote:
<quoted text>
THANK YOU so very much eyezrblu! We live in Louisiana and I am trying oh so unsuccessfully to get some help with this. I do appreciate your help more than you will ever know. Do you live in Nashville still? And the area that you recommended, do you know about how much a 2 bedroom apartment would cost there? He says he is going and he is leaving in June. His mind is made up so all I can do is support him in his decision and pray.
Go to apartmentguide.com or apartmentfinder.com and that should help you find something descent. I'd say in the $700 to $800 range per month for a nice 2 bedroom.

Hendersonville zip is 37075
There are a few in Goodlettsville (37072) that are descent from what I remember.
Picadilly, Preston Run, Lenoxgate (which has a security gated entrance)
I just would not recommend anything in Madison.
Hope this helps and good luck.

Chapmansboro, TN

#10 Oct 17, 2008
Concerned parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you live in Nashville still?
...and no, I do not live in Nashville any longer. I moved to a small town about 20 miles outside of Nashville.
Elfs_friend

Creole, LA

#11 Oct 17, 2008
eyezrblu wrote:
<quoted text>
...and no, I do not live in Nashville any longer. I moved to a small town about 20 miles outside of Nashville.
THANK YOU! YOUR HELP IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!
THE NEWS

Pocahontas, AR

#12 Oct 23, 2008
I have attended this college in 02 it is not in a good neighborhood its monst definitly not worth the money. if i was to do it over again i would go to a different college like this, i cant remember what the other one is called but dont waste ur time with this one i know they got different owners but it just wouldnt be for me again. The instructors are great though they do know there stuff but just bad location. now don get me wrong i had a great time there, met alot of friends and i still keep in touch with them one is from Jennings, LA. I have went back to the college in 07 it still is the same way but i know i am speaking from my own opinion and just from expeirence its not worth the $$$$$$$$
lois

United States

#13 Oct 28, 2008
Concerned parent wrote:
i know some teachers there granted its not in the best of places but as far as a school for auto its the best lots of friends have went there and u cann't lose they make good money u'll have a great learning experance there go for it
Dan

Nashville, TN

#14 Oct 29, 2008
eyezrblu wrote:
<quoted text>
Ashland city is ALOT BETTER than Nastyville.
Dan

Nashville, TN

#15 Oct 29, 2008
I'm moving from here very soon.
GailDeVille

Portland, TN

#16 Oct 29, 2008
I grew up in the area of NADC, that part of Nashville is very very high crime, don't let your son live anywhere near the campus or on it. The subway sandwich shop across the street has been robbed countless times, and drug dealers hang out at the car wash. Scary area, I don't even drive down Gallatin Road anymore. Damn shame.
just asking

Beattyville, KY

#17 Oct 4, 2009
Has anything changed on the living conditions here?
Drew

Edmonton, KY

#18 Dec 10, 2009
I graduated NADC in 2008 and I lived on campus the entire time. Not once did I witness or be a victim of any crime. They were remodeling all the dorms when I left along with all the class rooms. Yes, the area may be a little rougher than the rest of the metro area, but its still not bad. For the most part, the teachers know they're stuff. They have been in the field for MANY years and can teach you A LOT of things if you just listen and pay attention. Some classes are more book work than hands on, and some are the other way around. But if you have the initiative, you can learn way more than you think. The job placement is good as well as long as you keep your grades up. I graduated and they got me a job back home at the local Cadillac dealer and I was making $25/hour starting out. By the time I left, I was making a little over $30/hour and now I have my own repair shop. If you dont want to live on campus, they do give options for living off campus and the best ones I've seen are the apartments in Hendersonville just past vietnam veterans blvd on gallatin rd. Overall, yes its worth the money, but just like ANY OTHER SCHOOL, it does have some flaws, but like I said, honestly what school doesnt? Its well worth the money. Career dept has companies come in all the time to talk to students and let them fill out applications if they want. They got me a job also while I was in school. I highly recommend NADC. You'll be in and out in NO TIME and have the education to get your career going in the right direction!
Janet

Nicholasville, KY

#19 Mar 20, 2010
I didn't see this and started a new forum about the place. Sorry! Just wondering if it's on the up and up or a rip off.
mike

Florissant, MO

#20 Aug 22, 2010
run, dont go to this school, if you want a job as a mechanic get a job in a shop, you will learn more and have hands on experiance, this college is a scam, I saw this first hand, the entrance exam is a joke but I gave the place a 4 week chance and cut my losses, then received a call from a collection agency that said I owed 10,000 dollars, I asked why , since the corse only cost 25000, I was told if you drop out the college charges what they want, dont go, they rush you through so fast you cant learn, before each test they give you the questions and answers and make sure you remember the answers not learn, the positive post are most likely from nadc staff
joe the mechanic

United States

#21 Nov 2, 2010
Wow. It sounds dangerous. Glad to know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brentwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kelly G 7 min CHARLIE'S ANGEL 441
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 1 hr bigfan 2,334
What happened 5 hr josh 2
Bad Attitude 10 hr CHARLIE'S ANGEL 130
jon hensly 11 hr travis 2
Any females want to hook up nsa 13 hr Growup 4
lasik eye surgery, not a cure-all 13 hr ment 17
More from around the web

Brentwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE