Woman Killed In Wrong-Way Crash - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News...

Police said Pamela Watson was killed Wednesday morning in a crash after she was driving the wrong way down Myatt Drive and slammed head-on into a pick-up truck. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nameless

Nashville, TN

#1 Jun 30, 2010
Demon possessed.
hillbillyred

Crossville, TN

#2 Jun 30, 2010
Maybe she was just so depressed she couldn't figure out anything else to do. But I wonder why she wanted to hurt some one else or maybe she just wasn't thinking straight. Whatever, it is pitiful that this happened. I feel sorry for the ones she has left behind.
Buzz Killington

United States

#3 Jun 30, 2010
bummer
Robert

Goodlettsville, TN

#4 Jun 30, 2010
I believe suicide is painful to family members, but it should always be an option, a legal option. Maybe other people wouldn't be harmed if she could have just gotten an overdose prescription.
That being said, I know that some cases of suicide are irrational and done in a drunken or drug induced state (I lost a friend in 2006, he was high and killed himself) OR, a bi-polar episode. Fact is, if someone want's to die. NOTHING will stop them. Loving someone will not convince them that they're better off alive. It's the same classic codependency seen in families of addicts. You think they don't love you or their children, and if they did in fact love you enough they would stop their behavior. It doesn't work that way. Love has NOTHING to do with addiction.
This woman was no less of a human being for this.
I'm hoping that it was't a suicide.
I wish for peace, love, light and understanding for her family, friends and loved ones.

Just know that while your loved one is being talked about as a criminal. She was loved.
And for the family of the man involved may you find peace and understanding in this and not lash out in anger.
I wish for a fast full recovery, may peace, love, light and understanding be with you, too.
Anonymous

Gallatin, TN

#5 Jun 30, 2010
Unfortunately, when people are severely depressed, they don't think straight. I know from experience, that when you are considering suicide, you will try anything that might work. You are not in the frame of mind to consider that you may hurt someone else. The only thing going through your head at the time is how you will get the deed done. I have tried to commit suicide before, but never in a car. She must have felt there was no other way to do it. I feel bad for the people she left behind and the man she injured doing her deed. However I also sympathize with the woman. And I understand what she must have been feeling to commit suicide in that manner.
Nan

Crossville, TN

#6 Jun 30, 2010
I feel strongly for the woman, her family and the gentleman who was unfortunate enough to be the one in her path. I know how she felt. When you're depressed the emotional pain is worse than any physical pain. All logic, all thought of anything but erasing the pain is absent. You have tunnel vision, and nothing else matters at that point.
I pray the Lord will hold her family, and her victim's family in his loving hands.
nameless

Nashville, TN

#7 Jun 30, 2010
Only an evil spirit would intentionally drive a car into the path of another oncoming vehicle with the intent of killing oneself and others. THAT my friends is a demon - any way you look at it. You can judge the post "nuts, clueless, or disagree", but it is what it is.
dontworryboutit

United States

#8 Jul 1, 2010
She was not a demon or demon possessed I swear people are so quick to judge when they don't know...u should think about her family before you speak that was my mother
Old Hickory

Hermitage, TN

#9 Jul 1, 2010
I know the boy that was injured in this accident. He is a nice guy who was on his way home to watch a movie with some friends. I understand that people are worried about the woman's family and the state of mind she was in when she decided to intentionally drive on the wrong side of the road, but the real concern here is for the guy who she hit and his family. It is never ok for someone to be involved in something this tragic, when the person who caused the harm was only thinking about themself. Please pray for Travis and his family and hope for a quick recovery (although this will be a very long process due to the extent of damage to his legs). I am a mother and I know what his mother is feeling right now..and seeing her son hooked up to a ventilator is never ok!!

Since: Jun 10

Hermitage, TN

#10 Jul 1, 2010
Thank God that no one else was killed in this tragedy. It is always a pity when someone takes their own life especially for those left behind but in this instance it is especially troubling because there are victims involved from the woman's selfish act. There are ways to kill youself that do not involve others.

I pray a speedy recovery to those injured and solace to the families involved. Time and God heals all wounds.
loving mom

Portland, TN

#11 Jul 3, 2010
Praying for Travis And Teresa and the whole family. Get well soon!!
Mamma Jamma

Manchester, TN

#12 Jul 3, 2010
Old Hickory wrote:
I know the boy that was injured in this accident. He is a nice guy who was on his way home to watch a movie with some friends. I understand that people are worried about the woman's family and the state of mind she was in when she decided to intentionally drive on the wrong side of the road, but the real concern here is for the guy who she hit and his family. It is never ok for someone to be involved in something this tragic, when the person who caused the harm was only thinking about themself. Please pray for Travis and his family and hope for a quick recovery (although this will be a very long process due to the extent of damage to his legs). I am a mother and I know what his mother is feeling right now..and seeing her son hooked up to a ventilator is never ok!!
If you're a mother then you should damn well know how it feels to be Pam's mother and the hell she must be going through right now knowing her child may have deliberately killed herself and tried to take other innocent drivers with her. I feel worse for her than I do for Travis's mother who still has her son. The last I heard he was doing okay and his injuries were not life threatening. Nothing was ever said about him being hooked up to a ventilator.
Teresa DeMarcus mother

Madison, TN

#13 Jul 5, 2010
Mamma Jamma wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're a mother then you should damn well know how it feels to be Pam's mother and the hell she must be going through right now knowing her child may have deliberately killed herself and tried to take other innocent drivers with her. I feel worse for her than I do for Travis's mother who still has her son. The last I heard he was doing okay and his injuries were not life threatening. Nothing was ever said about him being hooked up to a ventilator.
You haven't heard anything about Travis other than he had non life threatening injuries. Thank God for that! Yes he was hooked up to a ventilator for 3 days. If you are a mother how would you feel looking at your son in the Trauma Unit of Vanderbilt Hospital for 3 days, hooked up to a ventilator, not being able to talk to you, not being able to open his eyes and tell you it's going to be ok? How would you feel if the doctors told you they aren't sure if they will be able to save his foot? How would you feel if all this is the fault of a troubled person that made some bad choices?
I have prayed for Pamela and her family since this accident. But how dare you trivialize that which you know nothing about!
My son is a God loving caring individual that has undergone two surgeries already, with another one scheduled July 14th. He has been in extreme pain since this accident. He has no health insurance since he had been laid off work. Because of no insurance they sent him home without going to a rehab facility. Travis is 6'3" and 170 pounds. It takes four of his friends to move him from a bed to the wheelchair or to a portable toilet chair. Again because of no insurance they sent him home without a wheelchair. My family and friends are the only thing holding us together right now.
Yes, I brought my son home. I brought home a broken young man that now has nightmares and whose life has been changed forever.
I still pray for Pamela's family as I have lost loved ones as well.
Travis still needs prayer as he has a long recovery ahead of him.
Teresa F. DeMarcus
Get over it

Madison, TN

#14 Jul 6, 2010
You crazy person he was hooked up on a ventilator for short while. And I do feel sorry for Pam's mother but she had a suicidial daughter. The victims mother had a son who was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. In my opinion we feel sorry for the family members of the people who actual cherish life
Mamma Jamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Kat

Spring Lake, MI

#15 Jul 6, 2010
Teresa, my dear friend, as always praying for the DeMarcus family.

I am also wishing people would think before they comment on something they know little or nothing about. There was enough pain created by that accident -- poisonous words are not just unneccesary they are damaging. This is not an "us" against "them" situation. It is a complete tragedy all around that was senseless and will effect both families forever.

Keep the poison to yourself and let these people heal.
Suzie W

Madison, TN

#16 Jul 6, 2010
You know, I'm wondering why she didn't go for a telephone pole instead of another driver that hadn't done a thing to hurt her. I know depression makes people do crazy things, but come on. Travis will wonder 'why?' for the rest of his life. I really feel for this woman's family and children. There are two families who are victims here. You idiots that spew crap here don't even know these people. Get well soon, Travis!
HotJazzFan

Madrid, Spain

#17 Jul 6, 2010
Suzie W wrote:
You know, I'm wondering why she didn't go for a telephone pole instead of another driver that hadn't done a thing to hurt her. I know depression makes people do crazy things, but come on. Travis will wonder 'why?' for the rest of his life. I really feel for this woman's family and children. There are two families who are victims here. You idiots that spew crap here don't even know these people. Get well soon, Travis!
I'm wondering why she didn't take a bottle of pain-killers into a hotel room.

If one wants to die, that's the way to go. Not much of a mess, and the cost of cleaning falls onto the business.

That she wanted to harm others suggest she was not only suicidal but full of anger.
nameless

United States

#18 Jul 6, 2010
If this woman would have hit and killed or injured a child I think I think the tone would be different. I can't imagine what this single mother could be going thru knowing her son was hit for no other reason than being at the wrong time at the wrong place. Just because hes 23 doesn't mean a mother is bewildered. The woman who did this her family knows her condition and shouldn't so shocked as the other family.
SORRY

Nashville, TN

#19 Jul 20, 2010
I have to say that I am sorry for both families & will be praying for them both for sure, BUT, I knew this girl & her family & they all are sick, as we all are. This family has the same addictions as their fathers, grandfathers, cousins, sisters, brothers, nieces, nephews, sisters, mothers aunts & uncles. The only difference is that (we) try to find a way to resolve the problems/addictions instead of amplifying the matter & dragging more innocent people into this & making the situation even worse.
There was help available-BUT the whole damn family just keeps on being the enablers & this whole family never learns anything from situations like this to the simple things in life & the occurences just keep on happening. If you know anything about the WATSON family or if you have never knew or ever get to know them, your only savinbg yourself a lot of chaos & drama. This WHOLE family needs prayer & I'll be one of the few that will pray for them even though I know they are all so hard headed & don't have a clue what consequences are from the crazy decisions they make daily. By denying their faults & addictions has kept them with a criminal history. And this started back years ago & it is being passed down from generation to generation & it so sad that someone hasn't caught on & stopped the pattern that just continually just keeps playing like a record. Just pray for the both of the families & most off all pray that one of your family members won't be the next victim. SORRY!
Not Judging

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#20 Jul 20, 2010
This situation I'm sure is difficult for so many and especially the survivors. Did she have children? If so, someone needs to get them in counseling to help them cope with losing a family member. After reading these post my heart goes out to all that have been affected. I will pray for DeMarcus family and hope for a speedy recovery for him and I will pray for the Watson family. Everyone needs prayers and less judging.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brentwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 32 min WTSenior 149,721
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 1 hr cpeter1313 28
threesomes? 5 hr Slappy White 4
Hottest local news anchor.... (Feb '11) 5 hr Jimmy Jambone 1,550
Best Pizza? 6 hr Possum 2
best country song 6 hr Possum 1
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) Wed ucanthandletruth 9,444
•••
•••
•••

Brentwood Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Brentwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Brentwood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brentwood