Police Make Arrest In Bellevue Grow H...

Police Make Arrest In Bellevue Grow House Bust - NewsChannel 5....

There are 26 comments on the NewsChannel5.com Nashville story from Jan 29, 2010, titled Police Make Arrest In Bellevue Grow House Bust - NewsChannel 5..... In it, NewsChannel5.com Nashville reports that:

Metro police arrested 38-year-old Douglas Vinson and 32-year-old Gloria Vinson of Bellevue and charged them with felony marijuana possession, as well as gun charges.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsChannel5.com Nashville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nashville

Nashville, TN

#2 Jan 29, 2010
Legalize it, tax it, and these situations will dissapear over night just like prohabition did.
Mama Neal

Greenbrier, TN

#3 Jan 29, 2010
Nashville wrote:
Legalize it, tax it, and these situations will dissapear over night just like prohabition did.
Agreed. It will also solve lots of budget issues for every level of government with the tax revenues. Not to mention easing over crowding in the prisons that are also draining the tax payers dollar. I also think by de-criminalizing you will take a lot of the glamor away and probably lessen the appeal for those who are only drawn to the 'danger' element.
sweat tea

La Vergne, TN

#4 Jan 29, 2010
LOL Grow house? 13 plants? They had more guns than plants LOL... Boy I feel safer now that those 13 plants are off the streets. As for the guns there are law makers who own more guns than that. What a waste of money.
Nashville

Nashville, TN

#5 Jan 29, 2010
If I were to take a wild guess, I'd say that pharmaceutical companies don't know how to make money off it yet and they, not the tobacco companies, will be in charge of distribution. Hence, when the pharmaceutical find out how to package and distribute it profitable, then they will lobby the government and overnight it will be legal. Just my thoughts.
Ray

Smyrna, TN

#6 Jan 29, 2010
sweat tea wrote:
LOL Grow house? 13 plants? They had more guns than plants LOL... Boy I feel safer now that those 13 plants are off the streets. As for the guns there are law makers who own more guns than that. What a waste of money.
What a waste of police resources.. 13 plants and they act like a murder..
MadMan

San Francisco, CA

#7 Jan 29, 2010
BS! Upset My Tax Dollars are Wasted
tvabs

Mount Pleasant, TN

#8 Jan 29, 2010
Step away from the brownies and put your hands on your head!! Give me a break!!
boro776

Knoxville, TN

#9 Jan 29, 2010
they probably sent 55 police to raid that place-- what a waste of taxpayer money- the cops steal more than that- in every stop.
iseeblood5

White House, TN

#10 Jan 29, 2010
well that was stupid i bet they had helicopters and 50 police cars all over the place. they already out on bond and they probly gonna get probation or some less than 10 months to serve.
Dan

Mount Juliet, TN

#11 Jan 29, 2010
What's really sad is that the cops are so deluded they think they've actually done something good. I can see em now, high-fivin each other like they just won the superbowl. What a waste.
Nashville

Nashville, TN

#12 Jan 29, 2010
We the people allow it to happen. We can't seem to elect competent lawmakers that have enough common sense to see the facts. If you back track every drag taken off a joint, pipe, or bong, it comes from probably someone you know, who bought it from some one they know, who bought it from sleaze bag that brought it across the Mexican boarder who got it from a drug cartel. Leagalize it and you buy it from a drug store or maybe even a convenience store that bought it from a phramaceutical company that bought it from a US farmer. I guess I dead wrong or just don't know enough to even be commenting on this. Such is life.
DaleTex

San Antonio, TX

#13 Jan 29, 2010
Ever wonder how the news people get to the bust as it's happening? It's pre planned, show the public that the police are doing their job. Pile up a bunch of seizure statistics and the police qualify for a gov. grant to buy more ski masks and equipment to bust down doors with. Law enforcement lobby will work hard not to see their share of state and federal monies disappear. Decriminalize it and no one will need the guns to "protect" an illegal operation. "Grow house" my ..s. That's small potatoes stuff right there.
Nameless for no reason

Calhoun, LA

#14 Jan 29, 2010
The ONLY reason I can see that it has not been legalized yet is none of the "moral majority" want to be slapped in the face and risk losing an election for dissing the "religious" groups for making what has been demonized as a drug legitimate just like alcohol. That or nobody can agree on how to tax it. The war on drugs (only pot in this case) would be instantly over if it were legalized and taxed. I guess law enforcement can't make enough money without seizing property in a drug bust. Sad part is they can't prove all of what they sieze was purchased with funds from selling drugs but they get it any way.
Clifton

United States

#19 Feb 1, 2010
heller, my comments on this says alot commin from long dis cuz of this couple . yes it is stupid 2 have an operation like this n ther home, as well as all the damn guns . not knowin them as well as family shud . only seeing them on thanksgiving and christmas. i was sum wat suprised about the bust "sum wat" but this shud not have no comments or rude slurs bout ther parenting or child, i do know gloria and douglas r 2 great parents and would do anything for ther son.. like sum ppl on here say they are worst ppl livin around that area like listed and sum unlisted child abusers and petifiles. not tryin 2 make anything they did rite, just clearin ther names as functional parents......unlike sum.
got what they deserve

Nashville, TN

#20 Feb 1, 2010
Doug works for UPS one of the biggest drug dealers in the US. This was 6000 square foot house with geothermal solar panels to grow the pot. This was not a big bust drug wise, but the setup was a growhouse!!! Doug has a agriculture degree of some sort, so he knows hoe to grow the stuff to his and the buyers liken. No a big dealer was not taken off the street, but when he gets through squealing like a pig some big boys may fall. I doubt he will want to loose his house since he was growing and selling the pot right out of his home.
anonymous

Jackson, TN

#21 Feb 2, 2010
these people are not criminals and both are VERY well educated ...who's to say it's not for personal use...yes marijuana plants are illegal but there are definitely bigger fish to fry than marijuana used for personal consumption...also most of the guns were probably family heirlooms and not used for crime of any sort...whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty
the vigilante wrote:
how stupid can 2 morons be? i hope they get life without parole, i heard they have a kid too, how could 2 stupid morons reproduce? in the picture, the husband looks like he was hit with a wrecking ball and has no brain cells left, she looks like she stole eyes from a dead cat and had them surgically implanted yes she is still hideous
the vigilante

United States

#22 Feb 3, 2010
the romans used to say "intelligentsia in absentia" to describe what we now in modern society consider "mentally handicapped", or perhaps retarded, well, apparently, nashville is not the only location in TN with individuals suffering from temporary dememtia, early alzhiemer's, and other cerebral afflictions, proving a lack of reasoning ability, and deprived of common sense, otherwise, how could anyone rational dub two people who jeopardize their lives and family for illegal drugs? despite the natural characteristics of marijuana, that is not what is on trial, it is compliance with the law, get a clue, read a book, and stop smoking!
Jury Nullification

Devault, PA

#23 Feb 10, 2010
The majority of people commenting seem to agree that this was a non violent offense and that the Vinson's should be set free. You have the power to get these people, and anyone else accused of growing marijuana off the hook. Anytime you are ever chosen to be a juror, vote not guilty on and marijuana charges. If you can't sway the rest of the jury to vote your way, just be a stall wort and hang the jury with your one "not guilty" vote.
give me a break

Tucson, AZ

#24 Feb 16, 2010
Gloria Vinson wrote:
I belive that Gloria Vinson works or worked for GTECH Corporation. GTECH Corporation provides the on-line data communication and terminals for the Tennessee Education Lottery. Shows you what kind of people are running the lottery.:-)
Have a nice day
Although I have no love loss for GTECH for my own reasons, you can't not "blame" them for the actions of their employee, for what they are doing with their "free time". Get real. Tell me nothing that you've ever done would reflect poorly on the company you work for? Every driven after drinking when you shouldn't have? Ever made an off color comment about something? The diffence is most likely they got caught and you didn't.
give me a break

Tucson, AZ

#25 Feb 16, 2010
Clifton wrote:
heller, my comments on this says alot commin from long dis cuz of this couple . yes it is stupid 2 have an operation like this n ther home, as well as all the damn guns . not knowin them as well as family shud . only seeing them on thanksgiving and christmas. i was sum wat suprised about the bust "sum wat" but this shud not have no comments or rude slurs bout ther parenting or child, i do know gloria and douglas r 2 great parents and would do anything for ther son.. like sum ppl on here say they are worst ppl livin around that area like listed and sum unlisted child abusers and petifiles. not tryin 2 make
anything they did rite, just clearin ther names as functional parents......unlike sum.
Great parents? I do not understand this... boy, standards of being of great parents sure as He*& shouldn't mean growing pot and having multiple firearms in your house with a 4 year old. Good gracious. What are you saying they were growing pot for their son's benefit?? I agree this isn't as bad as some other criminal activities.. but would you allow your children at their house if you knew this was going on? I should hope not.Functional or no, they put their child at risk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brentwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nancy vancamp 2 hr doreen sucks 15
Yes I did it baby G 9 hr No choice 1
What has happen to Nancy Van Camp? 10 hr Simon 170
Denis Ferrier fired? 12 hr Getoverit 15
Remnant Fellowship is a cult!! (Sep '11) 12 hr Docmatters 50
The real story Sat Carolyn Carter 5
Traffic Jam Sam Sat Rappin Deshawnqua... 91

Brentwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance