New trial begins in Jeannot case

New trial begins in Jeannot case

There are 242 comments on the Newsday.com story from Jan 24, 2006, titled New trial begins in Jeannot case. In it, Newsday.com reports that:

January 24, 2006, 9:46 PM EST Is Herve Jeannot a ruthless assassin who shot a stranger for a few thousand dollars? Or is he an innocent victim who witnessed a murder and was afraid to tell the police? These are ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.com.

a friend of Bobby

Amityville, NY

#147 Sep 8, 2006
to the truth

Both men are guilty and they are both exactly where they belong !!!!!!!!!
voice

New York, NY

#148 Nov 1, 2006
Can anyone say "LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE"?
lb resident

Highland Mills, NY

#149 Nov 2, 2006
voice wrote:
Can anyone say "LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE"?
Very happy to see justice has been served. Herve will have to wake every day knowing that his actions put him where he is.. May Bobby rest in Peace knowing that the person responsible is being punished for what he did
25 Characters or less

Rensselaer, NY

#150 Nov 2, 2006
What about the video surveillance evidence? From one of the business' close to where to shooting occurred?
These two THOUGHT they had planned the perfect crime.
25 Characters or less

Rensselaer, NY

#151 Nov 2, 2006
Condolences to the family of Bobby Calabrese. I am sorry you lost someone in this manner. The acts of these two individuals is reprehensible.
meow

Brooklyn, NY

#152 Nov 3, 2006
Fisrt, I had no idea this site was even around. I find it very interesting how this "word" battle is so indepth. Apperently, everyone has there own sides and views. Someone knew someone, someone is someones friend, girl, brother, mother, neighbor etc...What I find so interesting is that NOT A SINGLE PERSON on this entire planet was there??? And imma not just talkin bout the night of the murder but the months before hand. The friendships that were built and drama that was there BEFORE the murder. EvERYONE SEEMS TO THINK THEY KNOW, but sadly enough,(yes even you) don't know what really happened.
There are not enough words in the world that can be expressed to the victims family on the loss of a loved one. I have experienced several deaths in my family and I truly understand how painful the experience is. But to loss a loved one in such a horrible, sudden way, well I cant compare. I can only say that I am truly sorry for your loss.
For everyone else who thinks they KNOW mark or that they know Herve....u might. But you DEF. DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE MONTHS LEADING UP TO THE NIGHT OF THE MURDER.
What I can say is that I am ABSOLUTLY DISGUSTED with some of the PCS employees whom testifyed. Well acually, just MR.BOBBY and that barbie bitch look-a-like BARBARA. Funny how peoples friendships vanish when friends are in need. I believe it is them who the police should be questioning. I believe it is those bank accounts, phone records and where-abouts that should be checked!!!!
The entire situation is sometims to sad and unbearable to think about, but hopefully, one day, truth will fall apon open ears and everyone will understand
FLYGIRL

Howell, NJ

#154 Apr 8, 2007
TARRA wrote:
EVERYONE LISTEN UP... I HAVE A CONFESSION TO MAKE!!
Bet that caught ur attention, u all love confessions.
I was going to the store this morning, and on my way there, I ran a stop sign. Not only did I run the stop sign, but I wasn't wearing my seatbelt AND I was on my cellphone. I broke the law!
I AM GUILTY!!
Spend the rest of ur days talking about how guilty I am and let Herve be, he's innocent!
YOU TAKE THIS SO LIGHTLY WOW YOU REALLY MUST NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT SOMEONE BEING MURDERED IN COLD BLOOD YOU SLUT
FLYGIRL

Howell, NJ

#155 Apr 8, 2007
Herve and Mark and their defense-- So sad it is that you have convinced yourselves that they were not involved. God has seen from above what really took place and BOBBY was not a murderer like Herve and Mark. BOBBY is and always will be a good person, so you know what.................. I hope you all stop convincing yourselves that they are innocent. Unless you were there at the crime scene, or at the court every single day, seriously shut the hell up.
Hitstop

United States

#156 May 1, 2007
This is a test
no way

Corona, NY

#157 Sep 27, 2007
REGARDLESS OF WHAT HAPPENED AND WHO WAS INVOLVED AND ALL THE BULLSHITTTTT.... lets talk about the real tradgidy at hand... your all fighting, REALLY getting heated, over BULLSHIT... yeah, someone lost there life and its 100% uncondonable, but that doesn't make any one a "stupid slut" or "whore" OR WHATEVER THE HELL YOUR NAME THROWING AROUND. Ladies and gents, how old are we??? Lets use are GROWN UP VOICES and words.... WE can't make a change from where we are, we can talk and bullshit, but thats it. Im sure, whatever went on that night, THAT NON OF US WHERE THERE, was for a reason , a reason NONE OF US WILL EVER UNDERSTAND... so let it be... your not getting paid to defend, move along sister.... get over the stupid word fights (ya thats cool) and join a debate team!!! When you start reading kiddie bullshit ONLINE about a TRADGIDY... makes you think of how smart you sound to the real world... come on guys, GROW UP!!!
Maria

Stamford, CT

#158 Sep 28, 2007
THE TRUTH wrote:
Justice was done!!! Herve is away forever.....
As far as comments made by anon. After doing some research oon Mark Orlando's trial and pre-trial transcripts it clearly states on Page 711 during detective Kuhn's testimony the $17,000 the DA illedges Mark Orlando never paid to Bobby Calabrese was IN FACT locked in evidence....Quote
Q An the $17,000 is in evidence?
A Yes Sir.
Q Locked Up?
A Yes Sir.
Q Did you bring it here today?
A No sir i didn't.
Also after reviewing Herve's statment given to Detective Parte Herve confessed to killing Boobu and there was no mention of Mark Orlando paying him to do it. These are facts on the record. If you truly now that Mark is guilty after reading the actual evidence then you are not following the law.
This is not an opinion or theory as the DA suggests; these are ACTUAL FACTS in black and white for anyone to read. I know the Mark Orlando is innocent and be reversed on appeal. The DA committed BRUTIN. The DA gave out deals to get what they needed to convict mark. Oh and the 2 $5,000 bets that a Tommy Flores stated in his testimony, they were lies, the DA threw out his 2 DWI's to state that to make Mark look like he needed the money. It is also a known fact that the Calabrese's knew that Bobby was going to see Mark..
Here is a question:
If your child was just shot and killed, and you knew who he was going to meet; Wouldn't you want the police to get him immediately?
The answer is: Because they needed to come up with a theory, and it took 6 days to get to Mark...They knew where to find him at all times...Again a set up.
There are so many holes in this trial I cannot see how mark does not get his appeal the first time...
How could you say that about the parents? You think the parents needed to make up an excuse? They were in shock, just like you would be if that were your child. These two cowards took his life!! Fact is BOTH men were there when 3 bullets were pumped into Bobbies head. One man pulled Bobbies hood over his head, while the other as*hole shot him at close range 3 times!! How dare anyone here try and justify that. You don't understand why he didn't get his appeal? He helped murder someone!! Guilty by association jerk off! If that peice of shit had the money to pay the debt, then why take Bobbies life? Why not pay his debt? Stop making excuses for both men for taking a life. They both deserve to spend the rest of their lives in jail...And PS..Bobbie had alot of friends too...If your such a good friend then by now you know your "FRIENDS" are safer in jail than out here. Let one of them get out...an eye for an eye. KARMA IS A B*TCH!!!
Maria

Stamford, CT

#159 Sep 28, 2007
BABYGIRL wrote:
TO ALL THOSE WHO DOUBT....
HERVE WILL BE HOME... HE IS INNOCENT AND YALL WILL FEEL MAD STUPID WHEN YOU REALIZE THE TRUTH. SENDING AN INNOCENT PERSON TO JAIL 4 LIFE WILL NEVER BRING BACK THE DEAD. THE REAL MURDERER IS ALREADY DOING LIFE SO STOP TRYING TO MAKE THE REST OF THE INNOCENT WORLD PAY FOR YALL'S LOSS.
WAKE UP...HE IS A MURDERER. INNOCENT MEANS HE DID NO WRONG. YOUR FRIEND PULLED THIS KIDS HOOD OVER HIM AND WATCHED AS HIS FRIEND PUT 3 BULLETS INTO BOBBIES HEAD. HOW IS THAT INNOCENT. HE IS RIGHT WHERE HE BELONGS. I FEEL BAD FOR HIS FAMILY(CAUSE THEY HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE SHAME OF WHAT HE DID), BUT THAT DOESN'T JUSTIFY HIS ACTIONS. LIFE...THATS WHAT HE GOT AND THAT IS WHAT HE DESERVES.
Maria

Stamford, CT

#160 Sep 28, 2007
anon wrote:
all you calabrese family can believe what you want and so can the jeannot family.....time will tell and it will smack all of you in the face.....just wait and see all that awaits...marks family are still now but its only the beginning.....The only person i feel sorry for in this whole mess is bobby father...living everyday knowing his doings was the cause of his sons death...and everyday having to look at his children and wife in the face, now thats Guilty if you ask me....i hope marks family is well and get there son to them sooon. as for all of you FUCK YOU ALL
DON'T YOU FEEL STUPID NOW. HOW DARE YOU BLAME THE FATHER FOR THE ACTIONS OF THOSE TWO COWARDS. THE FATHER DIDN'T PULL THE TRIGGER! THE FATHER DIDN'T PULL THE HOOD OVER BOBBIES FACE! MARK AND HEARVE DID THAT. FOR YOU TO CLAIM THE FATHERS DOINGS CAUSED THIS MURDER, THEN YOU MY FRIEND NEED PROFFESIONAL HELP. YOU ARE CRUEL, AND HOPEFULLY YOU WILL NEVER HAVE YOUR CHIDLS LIFE TAKEN BY THE HANDS OF TWO THUGS!!

JUSTICE WAS SERVED!! ENJOY JAIL BOYS!! DROP THE SOAP, SO THESE TWO BITC*ES CAN RECIEVE WHAT THEY DESERVE!!!
no on in particular

New York, NY

#161 Oct 1, 2007
you guys are extremly stupid. why cant you just leave it alone and let it go. the ppl that were close to bobbie believe justice was served and the families of the two in prision feel they werent vindicated and derserve to be home. so let it be and worry about urselves and move on. stop be threatning (and eye for an eye!) and stop cursing. whats done is done and move on cuz nothing else will come of this.
Jay-Z

Yonkers, NY

#162 Oct 15, 2007
Buy my album on November 6th. Carry on.
A juror

Bronx, NY

#163 Oct 30, 2007
I was a juror in Mark Orlandos trial. We reviewed all the evidence carefully and he was very guilty. You dont want to believe someone could do that to another person for such a small amount of money. From the evidence and testimony we saw it was enough to convict him beyond a reasonable doubt.
It is what it is -

Edison, NJ

#164 Dec 8, 2007
Ya know I just stumbled on this page - I can't believe some of the things I'm reading. Couple of things here - 1. Mark was a great guy - he liked to tell stories and made more out of himself than there realy was but everyone just ripped on him for it. 2. Herve was a nice guy as well - knew him from work and he was always respectful - a good employee. 3. With all that said - Obviously there were sides to both of them that none of us knew. They were tried and convicted of murder- BOTH of them. The loss the Calabrese's suffered is unimaginable - Mark and Herve threw their lives away that night - they knew right from wrong yet they chose wrong. Now they're paying the fiddler - so to speak. I can't imagine what those two guys must be going thru - just awful i'm sure.
KMHS student

White Plains, NY

#165 Dec 30, 2007
i haven't had time to read all of the reply's prior but i just would like to say how upsetting this situation is for me. Bobby was a role model for me as a member of the wrestling team. I took a liking to him bc of his hard work, strength, and dedication to the team..

Herve was a great friend of mine; while i am of a different background we still had a strong bond.. Weightlifting, joking ard in class etc...

Years after HS i havent seen or spoken to either Bobby or Herve other than a quick run in a few years back.

As I reflect on what happened I just would like to add that its truly sad how this happened to 2 amazing men.. Bobby obvioulsy got the worst of it and I pray for him and his family; you were the man big dog...

Herve I pray for as well bc the kid i knew in HS could have never have done such an act. He obviously chose the wrong path after HS and thats truly awful.

i know i dont have the same emotions and passions involved as most of the prior people that have commented, but maybe as one of the few who knew both men, I'd just like to say it really sucks.. On one faithfully night 2 great people were taken from bestowing there great qualities onto this world..

-m
Watcher

Mahwah, NJ

#166 Mar 17, 2009
what a sick sick society that anyone can be so naive to think these sub-humans are innocent. the evidence is overwhelming not to mention signed confessions. no innocent person with half a brain would admit to murder if he did not do it.no wonder our society is so backwards.people with any type of morals not to mention a heart and soul could not possibly think these filthy animals are innocent.shame on the families.i wonder WHY they would even want to get out of jail??????????
Primo

Rensselaer, NY

#167 Aug 14, 2009

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brentwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News MTA: Woman punched at Central Islip station, fa... 22 hr Doug Gee 2
News Cuomo proposes sweeping $11.5M plan to steer LI... Jan 16 time to sell 2
New York City Correction Officers Vs. Police Of... (Sep '07) Jan 16 Lord Pfogg 121
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Jan 16 Bruser 2,827
North Babylon fire Department (Jun '06) Jan 15 Mr Plow 22
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Jan 14 Jewel_and_Kaymac k 1,520
Joseph Nicols D.D. S. *** STAY CLEAR OF HIM *** (Jul '09) Jan 13 Severe Pain 34

Brentwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brentwood Mortgages