Suffolk 11th District: Thomas Barraga...

Suffolk 11th District: Thomas Barraga, James Alcus

There are 393 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 9, 2009, titled Suffolk 11th District: Thomas Barraga, James Alcus. In it, Newsday reports that:

"It's heated up," said new Islip Republican chairman Frank Tantone. "Tom's been reinvigorated.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

wii

West Islip, NY

#202 May 3, 2010
for such an important post i wonder why more people dont volunteer?
Coffee Man

Brooklyn, NY

#203 May 3, 2010
wii wrote:
for such an important post i wonder why more people dont volunteer?
Because these organizations have people like Alcus, La Rosa, Bloom, Fix, etc. running them. I'd rather spend my time watching grass grow than work for those who spread weeds. They waste OUR money and then want to be complimented? No way. Bring taxes down and stop asking for ridiculous donations and little league fees and maybe we can stop having to work so many hours to just stay in the community. They are basically crooks. And now they are trying to rig the school board elections like they do with their other boards. STOP the FRAUD PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
Coffee Man

Brooklyn, NY

#204 May 3, 2010
Think We R Stupid Huh wrote:
So who is Scott Brady? From what I found out, Scott Brady is only in the WI school board election in order to keep Eliot Bloom on the board. That's right, they figure anyone who does not want Bloom on the board anymore, who are many, will vote for the other guy. But with Brady also on the ticket, he can split the votes with Glenn Sloat. Hence, Eliot Bloom stays on the board, something like 40-30-30 for Bloom. Just more sleazy scams by the Larosa/Bloom/Alcus/Gellar association.
Maybe Larosa should have been smart enough to take the Brady's off of her Facebook.
VOTE FOR GLENN SLOAT ON MAY 18th FOR WI SCHOOL BOARD AND HELP PUT AN END TO THE SCAMS.
Exactly the type of fraud you would expect from La Rosa and Bloom!
Ann T

Sag Harbor, NY

#205 May 3, 2010
Coffee Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Because these organizations have people like Alcus, La Rosa, Bloom, Fix, etc. running them. I'd rather spend my time watching grass grow than work for those who spread weeds. They waste OUR money and then want to be complimented? No way. Bring taxes down and stop asking for ridiculous donations and little league fees and maybe we can stop having to work so many hours to just stay in the community. They are basically crooks. And now they are trying to rig the school board elections like they do with their other boards. STOP the FRAUD PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
The real truth is that unless you never disagree with these "community leaders" and do everything their way, you will not be able to volunteer. Sure, maybe they will let you dig holes and plant flowers, but you will never be able to participate in decision making or be in on their closed door meetings. I don't think bloom, larosa, gellar or alcus really care if you volunteer or not, they just care if you kiss their arse.
Happy Town

Lindenhurst, NY

#206 May 4, 2010
Wow....how will we teach the children of this town to stop Cyber Bullying when here are the parents doing that exact thing!!! Stop spreading lies about the good people in this town actually out there doing good things...not hiding behind a computer talking about what they HEAR rather than what they KNOW. Get your facts straight...don't just listen to all the sour grapes in town! You talk about how it's the same people everywhere....EXACTLY!!!...the only people willing to step up! Every single club, organization, league, fundraiser, PTA meeting... it's ALWAYS the same people attending over and over again. You have a problem... get involved in your childs life and stop criticizing the people trying to make this a better town!
Seen It

Elmsford, NY

#207 May 4, 2010
Happy Town wrote:
Wow....how will we teach the children of this town to stop Cyber Bullying when here are the parents doing that exact thing!!! Stop spreading lies about the good people in this town actually out there doing good things...not hiding behind a computer talking about what they HEAR rather than what they KNOW. Get your facts straight...don't just listen to all the sour grapes in town! You talk about how it's the same people everywhere....EXACTLY!!!...the only people willing to step up! Every single club, organization, league, fundraiser, PTA meeting... it's ALWAYS the same people attending over and over again. You have a problem... get involved in your childs life and stop criticizing the people trying to make this a better town!
This is NOT cyber bullying! This is a place for people to air their views. The people being discussed here CHOSE to be in the public eye and therefore, are going to be subjected to public scrutiny. It is clear that you are not paying attention to these posts. If you were, you would know that many of us DO participate. Unfortunately, we are often shut out by the wall of secrecy that exists among a few key players (the "same people"). Many others are just so tired of the garbage, they've given up. Sad but true!
Happy Town

Lindenhurst, NY

#208 May 4, 2010
YOU are choosing to ANONYMOUSLY degrade public VOLUNTEERS....and you are not bullying???!!! Please!!! You CHOOSE to cowardly sit behind a computer and speak maliciously about people by name...but yet nobody knows who you are! YOU ARE A BULLY!!! This isn't a discussion! Don't worry I am absolutely paying attention to all the "garbage" going on... I have read the posts...wouldn't know what ANY of you have volunteered for because I don't know who you are!!!
What happened

Wingdale, NY

#210 May 4, 2010
Happy Town wrote:
YOU are choosing to ANONYMOUSLY degrade public VOLUNTEERS....and you are not bullying???!!! Please!!! You CHOOSE to cowardly sit behind a computer and speak maliciously about people by name...but yet nobody knows who you are! YOU ARE A BULLY!!! This isn't a discussion! Don't worry I am absolutely paying attention to all the "garbage" going on... I have read the posts...wouldn't know what ANY of you have volunteered for because I don't know who you are!!!
Another hypocrite!
What happened

Wingdale, NY

#209 May 4, 2010
So why don't you explain why you are on this forum then? Can you deny any of the allegations against certain individuals you seem to claim are being cyber bullied?(omg here we go with the new catch phrases from the PC police).

If a political person is caught red handed doing something unethical or shady, using practices that help themselves, like nepotism, do you think they should be given a pass?
Seen It

Elmsford, NY

#211 May 4, 2010
Happy Town wrote:
YOU are choosing to ANONYMOUSLY degrade public VOLUNTEERS....and you are not bullying???!!! Please!!! You CHOOSE to cowardly sit behind a computer and speak maliciously about people by name...but yet nobody knows who you are! YOU ARE A BULLY!!! This isn't a discussion! Don't worry I am absolutely paying attention to all the "garbage" going on... I have read the posts...wouldn't know what ANY of you have volunteered for because I don't know who you are!!!
Suddenly, you don't sound so HAPPY! It's funny because we wouldn't know what you volunteer for either, nor do we know who you are! You too are "cowardly" sitting behind your computer! I have an idea. Why don't we all reveal our identities to Happy Town so he/she can tell us whether or not we participate enough!
Seen It

Paramus, NJ

#212 May 4, 2010
Happy Town wrote:
YOU are choosing to ANONYMOUSLY degrade public VOLUNTEERS....and you are not bullying???!!! Please!!! You CHOOSE to cowardly sit behind a computer and speak maliciously about people by name...but yet nobody knows who you are! YOU ARE A BULLY!!! This isn't a discussion! Don't worry I am absolutely paying attention to all the "garbage" going on... I have read the posts...wouldn't know what ANY of you have volunteered for because I don't know who you are!!!
Typical! As long as everyone is on your side, they're right! Go against the grain and your wrong!
Cinderella Man

New York, NY

#213 May 4, 2010
Happy Town wrote:
YOU are choosing to ANONYMOUSLY degrade public VOLUNTEERS....and you are not bullying???!!! Please!!! You CHOOSE to cowardly sit behind a computer and speak maliciously about people by name...but yet nobody knows who you are! YOU ARE A BULLY!!! This isn't a discussion! Don't worry I am absolutely paying attention to all the "garbage" going on... I have read the posts...wouldn't know what ANY of you have volunteered for because I don't know who you are!!!
So who are you?

If you would rather, we can play multiple choice:

A) Katherine Fix
B) Annmarie Larosa
C) Patty Alcus
D) Jim Alcus
E) Steve Gellar
F) A moron
Cinderella Man

New York, NY

#214 May 4, 2010
What happened wrote:
So why don't you explain why you are on this forum then? Can you deny any of the allegations against certain individuals you seem to claim are being cyber bullied?(omg here we go with the new catch phrases from the PC police).
If a political person is caught red handed doing something unethical or shady, using practices that help themselves, like nepotism, do you think they should be given a pass?
Exactly, no one has proven anything on this forum as false because it is ALL TRUTH! I realize it is hard for these guilty people to understand the term "truth".
Happy Town

Lindenhurst, NY

#215 May 4, 2010
I am here because I think it is DISGUSTING that people like you cowardly speak your mind behind a computer. I did not come on here to do what you are doing... i am not spreading false information about people in my community. Can YOU PROVE any of your "so called" allegations against any of these people!!! I don't think so...because if you could you would be speaking out in public with all your wonderful facts... but you don't HAVE any.. thats why you are "CYBER BULLYING" instead.

Nobody caught doing anything wrong should get a free pass for anything.... but that's part of the problem here....you are all on a hunt based solely on false accusations. I am certainly NOT a hypocrite... just an HONEST community member!
What happened

Wingdale, NY

#216 May 4, 2010
For some of the people in question, I get it, its just about ego and status, so they blend in with the other elites who are in it for power and political climbing. I know it's a sort of incestuous bunch with the same political leanings, even when they say they are "independent" we all know it means liberal progressive psycho! All politics is local people, using branches of government even municipal as a stepping stone. I hope you understand that. When their s**t stinks here, imagine how bad it will stink when they get where they are looking to go because no one called them out on the carpet for their antics (to put it kindly)
Happy Town

Lindenhurst, NY

#217 May 4, 2010
F) A moron...continue with your name calling ...it's what you do BEST!!!
Have a wonderful day... I know I will!!!
What happened

Wingdale, NY

#218 May 4, 2010
I just would like to find out why so much nepotism is swept under the rug? No one cares when people in power act all "innocent" when for example their own spouse is given a job in the school district, or their own step daughter given the position before someone on the outside. Why board members are cousins by marriage for example? Any answers, any? just curious ??????? We'll begin there, we'll make it easy on ya.
Cinderella Man

New York, NY

#219 May 4, 2010
Happy Town wrote:
F) A moron...continue with your name calling ...it's what you do BEST!!!
Have a wonderful day... I know I will!!!
Thank you. Any answer would have been correct as they are all one in the same!
Seen It

Elmsford, NY

#221 May 4, 2010
Happy Town wrote:
I am here because I think it is DISGUSTING that people like you cowardly speak your mind behind a computer. I did not come on here to do what you are doing... i am not spreading false information about people in my community. Can YOU PROVE any of your "so called" allegations against any of these people!!! I don't think so...because if you could you would be speaking out in public with all your wonderful facts... but you don't HAVE any.. thats why you are "CYBER BULLYING" instead.
Nobody caught doing anything wrong should get a free pass for anything.... but that's part of the problem here....you are all on a hunt based solely on false accusations. I am certainly NOT a hypocrite... just an HONEST community member!
You're delusional! Must be nice in your "Happy Town". I'll have some of what she's having!!
Happy Town

Lindenhurst, NY

#222 May 4, 2010
Seen It wrote:
<quoted text>
Suddenly, you don't sound so HAPPY! It's funny because we wouldn't know what you volunteer for either, nor do we know who you are! You too are "cowardly" sitting behind your computer! I have an idea. Why don't we all reveal our identities to Happy Town so he/she can tell us whether or not we participate enough!
Did I say that I volunteered??? I am not a coward... i am not spreading malicious gossip against people, anonymously.... if I have a problem with someone... I would try to solve it...not speak badly about them here. So you said you don't participate anymore because of the "garbage"...but now you say you do...which is it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brentwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 1 hr Bruser 2,445
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Lake Grove 22 hr seemesmile 6
Martin Schulz Keep on dreaming martin Jul 2 TELAMON 1
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) Jul 2 Down South 121,920
News Smithtown parishioners planning protest of chur... (Aug '07) Jul 2 Anthony 1,814
Veronica Sarabella arrested for Purse Snatching (Jan '11) Jul 2 Sara HairyPurse 6
Debate: Drinking Age - Ronkonkoma, NY (Dec '11) Jul 1 my opinion 2
More from around the web

Brentwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Brentwood Mortgages