Man Found Shot Dead in Antioch Early ...

Man Found Shot Dead in Antioch Early Saturday Morning

There are 41 comments on the The Antioch Herald story from Jun 30, 2012, titled Man Found Shot Dead in Antioch Early Saturday Morning. In it, The Antioch Herald reports that:

On Saturday morning, June 30, 2012 at 4:18 a.m. Antioch police responded to the report of a gunshot victim lying in the street in the 800 block of L Street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Antioch Herald.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Antioch resident

South San Francisco, CA

#1 Jun 30, 2012
3rd this month. If the Antioch Police provided any type of patrol in this area it would be a little safer. I must say i live directly in the area where this happened and I never see the police unless someone is dead or they are called. I have kids and it would feel safer if they were seen more on patrols and not just when called. It would seem that if this many people are killed in one area this would set up a flag and someone at the Antioch police would say " Hay I think we need to increase patrols in this area its getting bad ".
MarshCreek

Antioch, CA

#2 Jun 30, 2012
I heard those gunshots this morning at 4:20 a.m.And I live off of W.Tregallas Road. It's getting to be a war zone around here.
CrazzY Papi

Brentwood, CA

#3 Jul 1, 2012
I lived on w . Tregallas a yr ago and left that area cause I hade 4 kids and we all saw someone shot 4 houses down .. I personally think it's teenagers in the area with now remorse for human life , unless it's one of there own .. They are want to be gangs in Antioch and this is there way of proving themselves on the streets , I believe now with the police having there character assanated & losing there jobs , every time they pull a weapon.. that they are now afraid to get mixed up with gun fire .. I know I my self will always protect my family and IDGAF what age 15 or not if u have a gun and are threatening my life ! I like most parents would die for mine
NO TAX

Brentwood, CA

#4 Jul 1, 2012
You don't give a crap about the victims and you act like the poor-poor police. They are the ones gutting the city. The problem is not more cops. Your pathetic ramble gets old. You keep saying you are going to leave Antioch, SO DO IT!!!
Everyone meet say the same thing THE ANTIOCH POLICE ARE WORTHLESS. They have no feeling for the town or the victims and if they show up it's a cameo appearance. They never do anything. So now the city wants more money for the police. THEY ALWAYS CLAIM THAT IT'S FOR POLICE OR THE CHILDREN. Then they stuff it in their black hole called the general fund. What are they doing with the massive amount we pay already? The police are just used as a front to raise the taxes so they can rip us off even more. We have crooks in the wire. We pay almost three quarters of the budget toward police if MONEY could prompt better police work it would have done so long ago. If they were going to hire police they could have already.
Whats with this "Antioch police calls" poo-poo. That isn't anything solved crimes. Most times they don't even show up. That's just dispatch records.
The victims still dumb enough to think the police are going to do anything. THEY DON'T!!!! This city is crooked and or the cops useless, does it really matter which?
They don't investigate, they don't do anything but tell you to make a citizens arrest yourself and even then they aren't ever going to show up.
Stop sticking out a hand for the fat police budget. We have 120 sworn police doing next to nothing.
You can't fire them and to hire more just means the same old M.O.
We need new blood in this city. We need to fire the rotten police we have and get ones that work. THESE DON'T CARE. It starts with getting rid of this lame city council. We deserve better crooks in office than them. You can throw all the money you want at it, it's just one more thief at the door.
Citizen against Ignorance

Antioch, CA

#6 Jul 1, 2012
Where does this article say anything about Section 8? I believe Jesus was a poor "low income" person. People like Mr Guru are the reason our area is riddled with violence....hateful ignorance has many different faces ..Prayers to the family who lost a loved one.
jamie k

Antioch, CA

#7 Jul 1, 2012
This has nothing to do with section 8 or low income families.....its about the way ppl are raising their children, with no respect. Kids now days think they should get respect with out earning it. Its a punky generation raising more punks. Im white and low income but i raise my girls to respect any adult weather it be an elderly person or someone workin the drive thru....and to use common courtesy. Ive lived in antioch my entire life and i dont want to continue to raise my kids here anymore....
Packing

Brentwood, CA

#8 Jul 1, 2012
All gun owners need to have a gun safe , the low life's doing the killings are getting the guns that are stolen from home burgurlies. I'm a gun owner who locks mine up because I have grand kids and to keep thieves from having any access. I have a safe that unlocks pretty fricken fast with the weapon ready to fire. I do not feel sorry for any low life that wants to take something from someone or willing to kill for it. Most gun owners are going to the shot gun , guarantee to hit the burglar when they enter your house. Be sure for a head shot , saves tax payers money. Also a guarantee of a close casket for his family members! Also German sheppards or Rottweilers are great to have as well . Protect what's yours respect your neighbors and get to know them and look out for each other . Let's take back what was once and can be again the town of Antioch .
jamie k

Antioch, CA

#11 Jul 1, 2012
Mr Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
-
that area, between 7th and 9th and i to k is where the "low income" housing complex is, anytime there is a shooting, stabbing, assault, robbery, what-not, it is 99% stemming from some low life azzhole that lives in those said apartments. Therefore "low income/section 8"!
-
God Damn, what is so f--king hard to understand about that!?!?!?!?!
understand????? That area is not section 8 its low income projects....if you have section 8 u cant live there its a whole nother program...u should realy know what your talkin about before u open your mouth. Section 8 s offic is there but not the recipients...
Enilnam

Brentwood, CA

#12 Jul 1, 2012
Citizen against Ignorance wrote:
Where does this article say anything about Section 8? I believe Jesus was a poor "low income" person. People like Mr Guru are the reason our area is riddled with violence....hateful ignorance has many different faces ..Prayers to the family who lost a loved one.
How can you make your handle citizens againist ignorance when you your self are ignorant. With our a doubt you are ignorant the minute someone starts throw religion and jueses around the way you just have. It's a no brainer now you are a bottom feeding hand out reached the United States owes me a 40 acres and a mule. You my friend are the king of ingnorant people
antiochs finest

Napa, CA

#13 Jul 1, 2012
the ghetto needs to migrate in another country... and if you look at it...its all pretty much sect. 8 who do this crap because they are the ones who cant raise their children correctly. DUH.
Susan Rich

United States

#14 Jul 1, 2012
Mr Guru wrote:
Thanks a million section 8 and "low income" families, you have brightened our area and warmed our hearts with your presence. words cannot begin to express the appreciation we have for you "diversifying" our community and blessing us with your wonderful style of "participation"!
oh my god i love this post! Good one!
Amanda

Brentwood, CA

#15 Jul 2, 2012
Mr Guru wrote:
Thanks a million section 8 and "low income" families, you have brightened our area and warmed our hearts with your presence. words cannot begin to express the appreciation we have for you "diversifying" our community and blessing us with your wonderful style of "participation"!
Really? Now THAT'S getting old. It isn't section 8 or low income that's killing people. I'm not low income nor am I on section 8, however I know better than to think it could never happen to me. People are always quick to judge. A rich, full of themselves person (such as you) could just as easily kill a person or be killed. You don't know the circumstances of what happened here. Maybe he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Perhaps he has a family member who is involved in illegal activity and was killed in retalliation. Maybe HE had a damn good job making damn good money. Who are you to say? It's bigots like you that make the world a f&*$ked up place to live. I do hope that you never find yourself needing financial help, help with food or housing. And if you do, I pray no one judges you as you do others.
Amanda

Brentwood, CA

#16 Jul 2, 2012
jamie k wrote:
<quoted text> understand????? That area is not section 8 its low income projects....if you have section 8 u cant live there its a whole nother program...u should realy know what your talkin about before u open your mouth. Section 8 s offic is there but not the recipients...
It's hard to understand because people like "Mr. Guru" put their two cents in without fully knowing what they are speaking on. The "low income" housing complex is actually between 4th and J. The houses on 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th are single family homes. No PROJECTS. My mother, who is a 70 year old retired white woman lives on West 9th street. Her home is very nice, her yard is beautiful and her neighbors are great, she has lived in the same house for 35 years. Sure, there are some homes on her street that don't look so nice. And so e on the surrounding streets as well. But I can guarantee there are homes on EVERYONE'S street that aren't making it to the cover of Better Homes and Gardens. I live in the new subdivision in Discovery Bay and guess what? My neighbor two houses down rents and he's on Section 8. Go figure. Pull your head out. Seriously.
Amanda

Brentwood, CA

#18 Jul 2, 2012
Mr Guru wrote:
your an idiot amanda and you should do the world a favor and drown yourself in the bay!
Very mature of you. Why is that? Because I said something you didn't like? Hurt your feelers maybe? Well, I could give two s%*ts and a f*%k about how you feel or what you think of me. My life will still be as wonderful tomorrow as it was today and chances are, you'll still be bitter. Your ignorance shows through here and I refuse to stoop to your level. I said what I needed to say. Right, wrong or indifferent. Your words are worthless and full of hate. Perhaps you should try working on the real problem, people like you. That's exactly why kids are killing each other. They are raised by ignorant, hypocritical bastards like yourself. Have a great night. And continue to flex those keyboard muscles my friend, I've got better things to do. Try to show some compassion and keep in mind the real issue here....a young boy, not much younger than I am, is dead. He was someone's child, grandchild, nephew, and friend. Regardless of his social status or tax bracket, someone loved him. And it could have just as easily been someone YOU loved. Oh wait, you're probably not capable of loving anyone. Oh well. Take care.
Amanda

Brentwood, CA

#19 Jul 2, 2012
Mr Guru wrote:
your an idiot amanda and you should do the world a favor and drown yourself in the bay!
And I ALMOST forgot....when calling someone an idiot, PLEASE try and use proper grammar and/or spelling. This is something we learned in 2nd grade. The difference between your and you're. In this particular case, you should have used "you're" meaning, you are.

Seems kind of silly to call someone an idiot when you can't write a sentence properly.*shrug*

So Mr. Guru....you are NOT smarter than a 5th grader. Or even the average bear it appears.

Maybe spend more time at the library or in a 2nd grade classroom than you do constantly talking about section 8, welfare and low income families. You seem a little obsessed with it. Creepy.
carmen g

Hayward, CA

#20 Jul 3, 2012
You cant blame low income people for the problems you can blame ignorant people like yourself. Your here complaining about the crime and yet your just as bad. People need to teach their kids to respect everyone equal , the value of life and Not to judge people. With attitudes like yours no wonder people are killing eachother left and right. Nobody has the right to judge or look down on anyone til youve been in their shoes. I'm white, i have a job and I live on 9th st. Not everyone in this area is low income and those who are never caused me any problems here. And for your information he didnt even get shot near the low income homes. You need to look in the mirror before you judge other people cuz I would rather be around low income people then a disrespectful ignorant person like you. A family is mourning the loss of their 20 year old son have some respect. I hope one day you have to struggle and become "low income" so then maybe you wont judge people so quickly. My prayers go out to the family of this man. I'm also gonna pray for you too mr guru because I feel sorry for you and I'm disgusted by the amount of ignorance you show. I hope if you have kids they don't turn out anything like you for the sake of this community
Antioch resident

South San Francisco, CA

#22 Jul 3, 2012
I must say this posting i placed brought up so much rage. LOL. I am still concerned the young African american males who I see all day long getting drunk talking mess saying ill bust my gun ****,I actually overheard talking they said he was shot over $8.00. and the shooter was not even from this hood. now $8.00 is not a lot of money and it may just be talk i heard but that is what minimum wage now an hours work . Obviously this shooting was drug related. so many drug deals go down in plain sight in the street and I'll say it again if the police just decided to do patrols more in the area it would deter shootings because if the police are present they are not pulling out any firearm they may wait till they are gone or at least cause them to think twice before pulling it out. and all the crime in this are is do to Oakland residents moving from Oakland when the housing market was up and they all moved to Antioch to cheaper homes and money in their pockets. the young grew up displaying the same disrespect their older siblings presented living it the crime ridden hood of Oakland. thus bring the low income homes of Antioch into a poop hole. so i do want so show my respect to the family and the pain they are in. BUT this young man could have gone a different direction. and the shooting happened just outside the low income homes two blocks over. but all the young kids are hanging in this area with guns I even see them greet each other with a playful gunshot at each other like its a game they have no gun its a gesture with their hand this goes to show how they think its a game . so to Antioch goodbye to the nice town I once knew.
family

United States

#23 Jul 3, 2012
This young man was a good man he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He didn't even live out there. Just because some ignorant person decides to pull out a gun my friend lost his life. Justice will be served. He will always be missed. Still can't believe he's gone.
Nazween

Antioch, CA

#24 Jul 4, 2012
Mr Guru wrote:
<quoted text>
-
that area, between 7th and 9th and i to k is where the "low income" housing complex is, anytime there is a shooting, stabbing, assault, robbery, what-not, it is 99% stemming from some low life azzhole that lives in those said apartments. Therefore "low income/section 8"!
-
God Damn, what is so f--king hard to understand about that!?!?!?!?!
Actually no. It's all over coco county. Look it up on some house hunting web sites
Antioch resident

Antioch, CA

#25 Jul 4, 2012
I just heard he was a known thief steeling things from all kinds of people and he messed with the wrong kid in the hood. like I said he could have taken a different path in life

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brentwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) Thu Princess Hey 4,732
Pioneer Antoich Norteno Rapper Dies (Mar '07) Dec 1 LICKS5DUB 1,598
Drop a Word ~ Add a Word (Nov '11) Dec 1 Princess Hey 4,980
How to Report Section 8 Fraud (Mar '11) Nov 29 Jame 118
The Spot Bar and Grill (Aug '12) Nov 28 Spotted Girl 6,756
is pittsburg ghetto? (Aug '07) Nov 28 Hey 234
Livermore Music Thread (May '13) Nov 25 Musikologist 56

Brentwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance