Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
176,821 - 176,840 of 200,611 Comments Last updated 39 min ago
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#203996 Jul 20, 2013
Carl wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean his jizz floats in your stomach, along with the loads of six other guys, Frank.
Get it right for once, fruit-pie.
Keep trying, little Pertwee, keep trying. you might squeeze out a funny post, soon...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#203997 Jul 20, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect. It is not a real-time chat room. The posts do not "post" immediately. It is a message board.
It's whatever we want it to be.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#203998 Jul 20, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Until your IP address gets banned.
That won't stop me. I am eternal. I am unstoppable.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#203999 Jul 20, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it that thing you have sex with?
That's a rude thing to say about:
1) Your wife.
2) Your daughter.
3) Your mother.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#204000 Jul 20, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL and what ever made you think it was yours POS? Playing 'tag team' with the fellow bigots? You might just as well have been 'toe tappin' princess.
Hey, why are you calling me a Pillar Of Salt?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#204002 Jul 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! His post was deleted. Oh the outrage! Whaa.
Mods must have screwed up. Sh!t happens.
Maybe the Mod Squad has been infiltrated by subversives...
There's hope for America yet....
:-D
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#204005 Jul 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe a rogue undercover fundie!
:O
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#204006 Jul 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you imagine the outrage if the rainbow club's posts started getting deleted?
I'd be loving the comments, then...
I wonder, who'd be the most outspoken and vocal?

Long Beach, CA

#204007 Jul 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but that's YOUR truth, and like ss marriage, it's an oxymoron.
LOL
You are just a moron. That's the truth. LOL

Long Beach, CA

#204008 Jul 20, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
That won't stop me. I am eternal. I am unstoppable.
No, you are not.

Long Beach, CA

#204009 Jul 20, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a rude thing to say about:
1) Your wife.
2) Your daughter.
3) Your mother.
You are rude.
PeckerCops

Monrovia, CA

#204011 Jul 20, 2013
It's not to bad but just read this instead.

http://www.infowars.com/florida-nurse-terrori...

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#204014 Jul 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
See my previous post.
Why? Will it magically become real the second time around?
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your relationship is not marriage.
You're right, my relationship is not marriage. Nor is anyone else's. It's my marriage that is a marriage. Not a damned thing you can do to alter that. The state's recognition and the federal government's recognition supersedes your childish desires.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the truth.
No dear, that's your fantasy.

Smile.

Location hidden

#204015 Jul 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people don't need to be told murder is wrong.
Normal people no, but fundamentalists seem to need their bible to tell them it's wrong. They are whacky that way.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Love and truth are married. They will never divorce.
LOL!! Congratulations. You've joined Brian_G on the pedestal of idiocy. You are now tied to be the Village Idiot.

Location hidden

#204016 Jul 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Real love and real truth go hand in hand. They are always united. You keep trying to claim love by denying the truth. You end up with neither.
Reality does not belong to you. It is not yours to create. It simply is.
You confuse your changing ignorance with reality changing.
The reality is, the sky is different because of different conditions. The reality is, you like males because you are homosexual.
A person's knowledge, honesty and wisdom determine how accurately they perceive truth and reality.
The reality of the sky didn't change when you went to Arizona, your understanding did.
You demand that the reality of marriage change. I simply point out that a SCOTUS ruling didn't grow a vagina on one gay partner, nor did it make them capable of mutual procreation, nor did it equate them to the diverse union of genders.
You react to my stating those things, when it is reality that you should be angry at. It is reality rejecting your demands.
It's time for you to take your meds.

Location hidden

#204017 Jul 20, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
How hysterical...
So, if I "angrily debate you" because I don't believe what I'm saying, then you must not believe what you say because you angrily debate me.
See how stupid that sounds?
Bottom line, your truth is not universal to everyone. My truth is not universal to everyone either.
Either you get it or you don't.
She doesn't. She never will. She's a moron.
Jaws

Monrovia, CA

#204019 Jul 20, 2013
I just saw a whale swim by?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#204020 Jul 21, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the point that we've all been trying to make, lo these many years, is that your truth--which is marriage can only occur between opposite-gender couples--is not our truth.
See, no one from this side of the fence has ever suggested that straight people shouldn't be allowed to marry. Well, I guess some have suggested that the government should get out of determining who may and may not marry. But no one is arguing against your right to marry the woman that you choose.
That's your truth--to marry the woman you choose... You get to make that decision based on whatever attracts you to her--be it brains, boobs, butt, or a combination. You get to determine if you want to marry for love or to start a family.
You get to choose who you marry and why you want to marry.
We, to date, do not have that option. We're getting there. And with the SCOTUS decision, we've taken an enormous step in that direction.
But this argument all along has been about allowing the LGBT community to have the right to determine who they wish to legally marry. This is our truth. This is our reality.
We don't impede yours. You should step out of our way. And by "you" I don't mean you, specifically. I mean the "universal you". We don't really care about your opinion of us. We continue our journey with or without you.
Here is the truth and reality;

1. It is not "we've all" against me.

2. This particular discussion has not been specifically about marriage. It has been about 'is truth absolute'. You shifted because you were getting your ass kicked again. In fact, it only exposed that you are willing to deny reality and truth in the vain attempt to equate ss couples with marriage. You shown this over and over.

3. I simply point out, that for equal marriage rights, you have to qualify as an equal relationship. Ss couples don't equate from the basic essence of marriage, through all the core key elements.

4. Those facts are not "my truth" or even my opinion. Those facts are simple reality. It is why you violate your 'your truth' premise to argue with me.

5. As to progress, convincing others to join your denial will not budge reality one iota. It only sets up a bigger fall for idiots.

It will be like the people who listened to Obama's BS and now are facing the embarrassing pain of that foolishness.

Excuse me, NSA just knocked on my door.

Snicker.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#204021 Jul 21, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing your opinion, once again.
Duly noted and dismissed, once again.
Troll on, GDK.
Not dismissed, it can't be.

You simply (in every sense of the word) denied reality.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#204022 Jul 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the truth and reality;
1. It is not "we've all" against me.
2. This particular discussion has not been specifically about marriage. It has been about 'is truth absolute'. You shifted because you were getting your ass kicked again. In fact, it only exposed that you are willing to deny reality and truth in the vain attempt to equate ss couples with marriage. You shown this over and over.
3. I simply point out, that for equal marriage rights, you have to qualify as an equal relationship. Ss couples don't equate from the basic essence of marriage, through all the core key elements.
4. Those facts are not "my truth" or even my opinion. Those facts are simple reality. It is why you violate your 'your truth' premise to argue with me.
5. As to progress, convincing others to join your denial will not budge reality one iota. It only sets up a bigger fall for idiots.
It will be like the people who listened to Obama's BS and now are facing the embarrassing pain of that foolishness.
Excuse me, NSA just knocked on my door.
Snicker.
1.) No idea what you're talking about... Was "we've" meant to be "we're"?

2.) Over the years of my conversations with you, I have never felt like I'm getting my ass kicked. You flatter yourself to believe this to be the case.

3.) Core key elements of marriage... Two people love one another to an extent that they wish to join their lives together in holy and/or legal marriage. You think these people must be opposite gender. I believe that they can be opposite or same-gender.
The reality is that in over 16 countries around the globe and 13 states in the US, my notion about who can enter into marriage is correct and yours is incorrect.

4.) Since marriage is a manmade construct, there are no absolute truths. Go back to your article and read it. The authors were not describing marriage; they were describing how sexual mates are selected between heterosexual couples.
People have been pairing up for eons prior to widespread legal marriage.

5.) Your last comment seems to indicate a level of anger. And since you have already determined that anyone who argues angrily is an indication that they do not believe what they are saying, can I assume that you do not believe what you are saying?
I don't think you believe what you're saying.
Go answer your door.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brentwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 33 min plastic bins 5,018
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 35 min punch tips 7,935
~:Any Word:~ (Sep '13) 1 hr Roxie Darling 256
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr BizzyBee 15,967
Special message (Aug '13) 3 hr nathan from festival 296
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 4 hr -Lily- 3,912
Stole Car 18 hr g 13
•••

Brentwood News Video

•••
•••

Brentwood Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••