Antioch neighborhood galvanizes against increased burglaries

There are 20 comments on the Jan 11, 2013, Contra Costa Times story titled Antioch neighborhood galvanizes against increased burglaries. In it, Contra Costa Times reports that:

Having her home burglarized twice in a month hasn't made Chris Coles-Morales fearful of her neighborhood; it's made her angry enough to fight back.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Contra Costa Times.

Brentwood now

Brentwood, CA

#1 Jan 11, 2013
I know it's getting worse for Antioch,my parents just move to Brentwood a week ago leaving their Antioch home after forty-years,getting ready to sell their house.I was eight years old when we move there now I am forty-eight.My older brothers move to Brentwood years ago,we all moved from Antioch it's not safe anymore.
BSer

Pittsburg, CA

#2 Jan 12, 2013
What bull puckie. The Brentwood realtors trolling this site are such liars. I have black neighbors who watch my house in Antioch when I go away and no one dares to touch a anything.
"Everyone's moving to Brentwood."
That's only a hop away and it you think the bad guys don't know what where it is check out all the low income housing going in.
"No burglary in Brentwood? "
What a BSer.
dickie

Oakley, CA

#4 Jan 12, 2013
The creep has already begun here in Brentwood. Luckily the homes are a little more expensive here. With section 8, the sewage always runs downhill to the lowest prices so hopefully they will mostly stay put.

I've been struggling with horrible black section eight neighbors for the last few years.

There is no pride of ownership. They throw trash down in their own front yard. Their kids run around unsupervised and create all sorts of mischief. Loud filthy rap and the N word can be heard at all times they are around (usually from the baby daddy and adult friends)... and worse of all they supplement their lazy lifestyle by selling drugs.
George

Vallejo, CA

#5 Jan 12, 2013
All have had their "VOTE".

NOW take your MEDICNE !
Brentwood now

Brentwood, CA

#6 Jan 12, 2013
First of all get your heads out of your butts,Antioch has more drugs and crime than Brentwood and Oakley combine.On West Tregallas Road crack house right below Post Office,drive by and see outside a bunch of section 8 blacks dealing drugs right on the street along with their hookers.My family lived in that town over forty-eight years,My parents didn't want too leave my brothers want them away from there it's going to get worse.
Liberty means Freedom

Tracy, CA

#7 Jan 13, 2013
Take your MEDCINE !!!!!!!
This is doesnot Mean, to start acting "CONSERVATIVE" out of convience of denyng "Liberalism" is TWISTED.
Just LOOK ! LOOK at what LIBERALISM has done to the home Movie business for founder of Husler Magazine ? Media impells it self on a vibrating shaft. That shaft is up your ainis !
LOOK ? "Liberalism" got Bill Clintons "Organ Sucked" and he CAME. Even Left a little behind.
Majority of Antioch Long term residents are nothing more then poor property owners. Living under a rule of SO many Rules, it would be impossible for anyone to know every one !
THAT is "SLAVERY"... Refined to its finest form of rule. American people have been "Boned like a Fish".
Not only are Majority of Contra Costa County Residents, "LIMP on Freedom" they are "LIBERAL".
I know my dog is "CONSERVATIVE". It always "Sniffs around" before doing it's job. All the other "Livestock" poop anywhere and everywhere. Even on the CONSTITUTION !!!!
CanadianHunter

Pittsburg, CA

#8 Jan 13, 2013
Liberty means Freedom wrote:
Take your MEDCINE !!!!!!!
This is doesnot Mean, to start acting "CONSERVATIVE" out of convience of denyng "Liberalism" is TWISTED.
Just LOOK ! LOOK at what LIBERALISM has done to the home Movie business for founder of Husler Magazine ? Media impells it self on a vibrating shaft. That shaft is up your ainis !
LOOK ? "Liberalism" got Bill Clintons "Organ Sucked" and he CAME. Even Left a little behind.
Majority of Antioch Long term residents are nothing more then poor property owners. Living under a rule of SO many Rules, it would be impossible for anyone to know every one !
THAT is "SLAVERY"... Refined to its finest form of rule. American people have been "Boned like a Fish".
Not only are Majority of Contra Costa County Residents, "LIMP on Freedom" they are "LIBERAL".
I know my dog is "CONSERVATIVE". It always "Sniffs around" before doing it's job. All the other "Livestock" poop anywhere and everywhere. Even on the CONSTITUTION !!!!
TL;DR
Liberty means Freedom

Los Altos, CA

#9 Jan 13, 2013
CanadianHunter wrote:
<quoted text>
TL;DR
I noticed a hole in your boat.
CanadianHunter

Pittsburg, CA

#10 Jan 13, 2013
Liberty means Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed a hole in your boat.
Oh shit that must mean I'm sinking!! OHH NOES! LIFE JACKET SOMEBODY!!
Liberty means Freedom

Gilroy, CA

#12 Jan 13, 2013
Once "they" (those you two old bitches think are your enemy) are TRAINED, to more efficently understand, who their enemy is.. Police in the east Bay at that time will then be patroling in armored humvee's. With a colotion of National Guard. SAY it won't be ? THEN, your hort memory can be jared once again. BY ME. "LIBERTYISFREEDOM"

There is funding from Nations around the world JUST for this Purpose. That Funding is currently comming from Tax Dollars sent out of the U.S. then it comes back. In a short time (as I have posted before) new things will be taking place. Couldbe You 3 old bitches will be moving on, Moving on with your Communists activity. Supporting Government and more rules. Have fun...
Liberty means Freedom

Gilroy, CA

#13 Jan 13, 2013
"YOUR SHORT MEMORY"
BSer

Pittsburg, CA

#14 Jan 14, 2013
My head is out of my but. I saw huge low income apartments and the truth is you in Brentwood got our cast off officials who planned the thugs moving in. There is no money in high end development. They purpose it and even build it but there is no locked in plan to keep the golf courses in Brentwood.
Follow the money: It's a no brainer. Add up what a high end strip mall brings in... How much a high end project sells for and then a low income (no income housing project) makes. Both cities are going to cash in this and already have so Brentwood (which is hardly a virgin. Look at those huge apartments they already built.
It's not a competition, it's the reality. They will force out the high end developments with crime from East Oakland and they will re-up further away from the bay. Where do you think all those Oakland refugee bay-be moms will move too when the police make war on their off spring?
Wake up and smell the coffee, it's black. Not all bad but it don't take a lot of rotten apples and Brentwood thinks they are bullet proof. Last I checked it's a stones throw away from Antioch. Antioch was plagued for years by residents coming over from Pittsburg. There's not so much as a speed bump between Antioch and Brentwood so why pretend it's problem is not yours. The realtors are selling bad futures and I saw plenty of residents raped, mugged and burgled in Brentwood too. All development is the enemy of police. They are silent about it but a big population means more crime. Development is big money and low income (section 8) is the biggest money to make out there. Well, enjoy Oakland,,, I mean the future Brentwood.
John

Birmingham, AL

#15 Jan 14, 2013
Get off your butts and do something about it!!! Call City Hall NOW!!!! Demand change. What the heck are you waiting for?
John

Birmingham, AL

#16 Jan 14, 2013
There are no thugs in my neighborhood in Antioch. The homeowners wont allow it. This should be YOUR next move. As for Brentwood and Antioch? Stop the section 8 already. If people cant afford to live here then move back to Oakland/Fairfield/Vacaville.
Liberty means Freedom

Cotati, CA

#17 Jan 14, 2013
John wrote:
There are no thugs in my neighborhood in Antioch. The homeowners wont allow it. This should be YOUR next move. As for Brentwood and Antioch? Stop the section 8 already. If people cant afford to live here then move back to Oakland/Fairfield/Vacaville.
"Like you would have a choice ?" Your statement has no validity. They may not be any investment property on your narroe street today, but THAT is not how it is in America NOW !

Either pickup a few marbles or tighten a few screws ? There is more to our Constitution then what is in your mind.
Liberty means Freedom

Cotati, CA

#18 Jan 14, 2013
Also "John". All Cot Governments are "Dictatorships". THEY operate with the 45 Goals of Communism.

@@@@@@@@@@

Are you going to need PROOF ?
Liberty means Freedom

Cotati, CA

#19 Jan 14, 2013
Correction: "CITY"
Liberty means Freedom

Richmond, CA

#21 Jan 14, 2013
"OBAMAGANDA"
Home Antioch 1972

Brentwood, CA

#22 Jan 14, 2013
No where to run people protect your homes and neighborhoods.Our neighbors have home alarms,dogs and guns,learn how too be safe with the guns take classes in defending yourselfs don't let people run you out of your homes and neighborhoods be strong don't back down.
BSer

Pittsburg, CA

#23 Jan 14, 2013
To be ferro is to be desperate and hungry. If you liken this to animals it would be boys. A coy is a domesticated wild dog. It kills for the thrill of killing.
I think it's the city and the state of affairs nationally. People don't work to pass the time they pervert every aspect of life cause they are ignorant and therefore hate school. Some lack self motivation and many have issues of self esteem they blame successful people for.
Any city is the problem if they bring in growth without addressing the need for police services...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brentwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Antioch Council to consider water rationing rul... 6 hr vigger president 1
News Antioch High finishes new $7 million football s... 6 hr vigger president 1
YES - Section 8 Neighbors Gone (Sep '12) Thu RAMMA LAMA DING DONG 19
News Family of canal drowning victim files $30 milli... Thu RAMMA LAMA DING DONG 4
News Police investigating string of Brentwood robberies Thu RAMMA LAMA DING DONG 2
what happened to antioch??? (Mar '13) Thu RAMMA LAMA DING DONG 33
How to Report Section 8 Fraud (Mar '11) Thu BrokenPhoenix 89
More from around the web

Brentwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]