'Hummer Mom' Sex Offender Arrested on...

'Hummer Mom' Sex Offender Arrested on Parole Violation

There are 63 comments on the Patch.com story from Feb 18, 2013, titled 'Hummer Mom' Sex Offender Arrested on Parole Violation. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Christine Hubbs, a Livermore woman who attracted national media attention after she gave a TV interview about her affair with a teen boy, is back behind bars.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

tmisanidiot

Hollywood, FL

#24 Feb 24, 2013
Teenmom, your post and ip address have been forward to detective Steve Goard, Livermore PD for violating so many victim's rights to confidentiality. Enjoy your visit from Livermore PD.

Since: Mar 11

Livermore 94551

#26 Feb 24, 2013
tmisanidiot wrote:
Teenmom, your post and ip address have been forward to detective Steve Goard, Livermore PD for violating so many victim's rights to confidentiality. Enjoy your visit from Livermore PD.
Yeah, I thought naming one of the boys was a bit out of line. I didn't know either of the names until then. Not that I would be able to track him down by just the name "Austin", but still very wrong to do that on a very public forum.

Since: Sep 12

United States

#27 Feb 24, 2013
While I see your points I dont think that she put his name in to be malicious. Perhaps she was not aware of the laws. Either way it was a foolish and illegal move.
stupid

Livermore, CA

#28 Feb 24, 2013
MourningWood wrote:
While I see your points I dont think that she put his name in to be malicious. Perhaps she was not aware of the laws. Either way it was a foolish and illegal move.
Maybe she should have thought before posting. Seems like common sense. Wonder how she'd feel if this were a family member.

United States

#29 Feb 24, 2013
Trust me I get where you're coming from and I agree. I would just hate to see someone get in legal trouble by a mind fart.

United States

#30 Feb 24, 2013
And I'm not going to lie, I did get nosey and try to locate "boyfriend #1" not to harrass or redicule him, simply to see if I could. And it's scary how fast you can find someone online.
hello

Livermore, CA

#31 Feb 24, 2013
MourningWood wrote:
And I'm not going to lie, I did get nosey and try to locate "boyfriend #1" not to harrass or redicule him, simply to see if I could. And it's scary how fast you can find someone online.
And that's exactly why someone needs to talk to this person who called a victim by name. I'm sure your not the only nosey person out there. Why should the victim have to ensure any more bs than what he's had too? Do you know there are 2 victims but seems people want to only focus on victim #1

Livermore, CA

#32 Feb 24, 2013
hello wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's exactly why someone needs to talk to this person who called a victim by name. I'm sure your not the only nosey person out there. Why should the victim have to ensure any more bs than what he's had too? Do you know there are 2 victims but seems people want to only focus on victim #1
I'm well aware of the public details, the reason the "boyfriend #1" is being discussed is because of the cyber bullying that he has received from other members of this case. It is unfortunate that a forum member published his name, and it was a hasty move.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#33 Feb 24, 2013
MourningWood wrote:
Trust me I get where you're coming from and I agree. I would just hate to see someone get in legal trouble by a mind fart.
No disrespect intended to anyone that has a different opinion but posting the name of a MINOR involved in a crime, is not only disrespectful but illegal, even if it's a "mind fart." What about the violation to his privacy when people can easily search by his first name online, see his picture perhaps approach him in person (not you of course but there
are demented people out there). I find it interesting that no one seems to have a slip up to mention both of the Hubbs daughters names. The oldest led the pack by making criminal allegations and giving the victim's full name on Twitter and the younger one jumped right on it along with many of their equally ignorant friends to attack victim #1. It's not my intention to bash these girls but people (that seem to be very interested) need to understand how things really happened. They raised accusations via social media only hours after their mother was arrested on a parole violation. The victims AND daughters are getting dragged through the mud as a result of one person and one person only and that's Christine Hubbs.

Livermore, CA

#35 Feb 24, 2013
MOTY wrote:
<quoted text>
No disrespect intended to anyone that has a different opinion but posting the name of a MINOR involved in a crime, is not only disrespectful but illegal, even if it's a "mind fart." What about the violation to his privacy when people can easily search by his first name online, see his picture perhaps approach him in person (not you of course but there
are demented people out there). I find it interesting that no one seems to have a slip up to mention both of the Hubbs daughters names. The oldest led the pack by making criminal allegations and giving the victim's full name on Twitter and the younger one jumped right on it along with many of their equally ignorant friends to attack victim #1. It's not my intention to bash these girls but people (that seem to be very interested) need to understand how things really happened. They raised accusations via social media only hours after their mother was arrested on a parole violation. The victims AND daughters are getting dragged through the mud as a result of one person and one person only and that's Christine Hubbs.
Thank you for clearing that up for me. To respond with an earlier post of mine... "While I see your points I don't think that she put his name in to be malicious. Perhaps she was not aware of the laws. Either way it was a foolish and illegal move." Take care MOTY.
tmisanidiot

Hollywood, FL

#36 Feb 25, 2013
I would encourage anyone who observes a public slander any victim in this case forward any website and user(they can get the home IP Address very easy)
to contact Steve Goard via his work email address [email protected] in this case.
According to the livermore patch website, at least 4 students were arrested the day after they posted similar items on the Internet.
Natalee

San Jose, CA

#38 Feb 26, 2013
Ssophiiee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I thought naming one of the boys was a bit out of line. I didn't know either of the names until then. Not that I would be able to track him down by just the name "Austin", but still very wrong to do that on a very public forum.

Livermore, CA

#39 Feb 26, 2013
Natalee wrote:
<quoted text>

Livermore, CA

#40 Feb 26, 2013
Sorry Let me retract my previous post. While she did mention the first name of the victim it was only after it had been brought to light.

Livermore, CA

#41 Feb 26, 2013
Then again MOTY I cannot understand the statement that the DAUGHTERS are being DRAGGED through the mud. Seeing as how they were the ringleaders in the cyber bullying case. I think they are being dragged through justice. Furthermore, they decided to take their fight online, where anyone and everyone is the judge, it's their own fault that they are the victims of ridicule.

I understand that this is a situation where teens are too stupid to understand that what they say, online or not, has an affect on everyone around them, but they won't be seeing any of my sympathy. My sympathy for the daughters lies only in what their mother did to them.

Livermore, CA

#42 Feb 26, 2013
MourningWood wrote:
<quoted text> Take the time to read through the forums before you make a judgement call. Sssophieee never mentioned the person's name.
sometimes I would kill for a delete option.
Lisa

Livermore, CA

#43 Feb 26, 2013
Ssophiiee wrote:
<quoted text>
Discretion is a good thing. But honestly, if you live in Livermore and have a kid in high school or a child that graduated within the past 3 years, you already know the victims names. It's not a secret because the boys spent a lot of time bragging about their conquest. Hummer mom getting arrested just confirmed their bragging to their friends.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#44 Feb 26, 2013
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>Discretion is a good thing. But honestly, if you live in Livermore and have a kid in high school or a child that graduated within the past 3 years, you already know the victims names. It's not a secret because the boys spent a lot of time bragging about their conquest. Hummer mom getting arrested just confirmed their bragging to their friends.
Whether they "bragged" or not is irrelevant. They were victimized by a 40 year old woman who, at this point, has confirmed her sickness, lack of moral compass, and inability to raise her own children right. People need to understand that just because a teenage boy can physically participate in sexual acts with an adult, does not make it right. It's illegal and immoral. And lastly, if it were YOUR child, you wouldn't want anyone repeating their name, or judging them. Maybe it's time for all of us to teach our young people a lesson in compassion and humanity.
Morning Wood

Pittsburg, CA

#45 Feb 26, 2013
I would like to invite all minors at the high school in question to come to my home for an afternoon blow fest!

Since: Mar 11

Livermore 94551

#46 Feb 26, 2013
Natalee wrote:
<quoted text>__________
Yet, you posted his name...?
Did you take the time to read a few posts back? Anyone who has been on this thread, or has taken the time to read it, already knew his name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brentwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roadshow: Parking in front of a neighbor's hous... (Aug '09) 17 hr Arie Bond 348
donations for victims of the big fires 17 hr julie 2
News Police calls: robberies, thefts and more in Eas... Oct 17 fearless in Antioch 2
Low-frequency rumbling or humming sound day and... (Mar '11) Oct 17 dee 220
Is Antioch Ghetto hell yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... (Jun '06) Oct 13 Ex antiochites 1,145
Gang Bangers in front of Carl's Jr. on LoneTree... (Aug '14) Oct 11 Anonymous 3
News Livermore family the subject of Marlee Matlin r... (Apr '10) Oct 7 Elijah Firl 3

Brentwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brentwood Mortgages