where is the attention to the issues?

Posted in the Brentwood Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Sep 12

San Leandro, CA

#1 Feb 9, 2013
Why is this forum filled with stupid word games? Sure it's a way to kill time... but don't you have an infinite amount of webpages for that? Why is it that drop a word add a word and last post wins are always the most visited?
On that note, the people. If you dont live in Livermore... dont check this forum. All to familiar am I with Pleasanton people pooping on this forum saying how Livermore sucks or smells like piss... is that all you've got? If so please do us all a favor and never have kids.
Yes I am in a bad mood right now and it is partially due to the fact that people would rather play a game where you collect imaginary points that dont matter...ring a bell? How about we update the info about livermore vs wasting your time and my time. I come here to find out what's going on in the community that isn't in the newspapers. And please... stop it with the "I'm not racist" when your views clearly are. It just shows your ignorance.
To the people on this forum such as Anon... you have no right to call anyone else a know it all. When YOU are not being a know it all, you are being a grade A asshole. Mind you I am not innocent by any means. Although I have the common decency to save it for the truley ignorant. Also it's common knowledge that if you cannot speak on someones defense articulately, don't even try.
KitKat

Union City, CA

#2 Feb 14, 2013
Maybe some of us could start a section where we can be respectful and discuss important issues. I would like to be part of that kind of forum.

Anyone else?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#3 Feb 14, 2013
It's called livermore patch.

Pleasanton, CA

#4 Feb 15, 2013
TrueRealist wrote:
Patch is just as bad. It's a matter of people sticking to the issues at hand and not going off on a racist tangent.

Pleasanton, CA

#5 Feb 15, 2013
KitKat wrote:
Maybe some of us could start a section where we can be respectful and discuss important issues. I would like to be part of that kind of forum.
Anyone else?
I'd go to it.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#6 Feb 17, 2013
TrueRealist wrote:
It doesn't seem like The Patch has stayed informed (and continued to report) on many less mainstream stories like David Garrison, Marie Johnson, etc. These are important cases that impact our community but the "regular" media has lost interest in them. For example, Christine Hubbs was released last week and is already back in jail for a parole violation. As residents, we need to stay informed about community safety issues, not games. Just my thoughts.

Location hidden

#7 Feb 17, 2013
MOTY wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't seem like The Patch has stayed informed (and continued to report) on many less mainstream stories like David Garrison, Marie Johnson, etc. These are important cases that impact our community but the "regular" media has lost interest in them. For example, Christine Hubbs was released last week and is already back in jail for a parole violation. As residents, we need to stay informed about community safety issues, not games. Just my thoughts.
Are you really worried about Christine hubbs/Marie Johnson or are you just nosey? I'd venture a guess that 99.9% of Livermore will never be impacted by those 2 people.

Location hidden

#8 Feb 17, 2013
TrueRealist wrote:
<quoted text>Are you really worried about Christine hubbs/Marie Johnson or are you just nosey? I'd venture a guess that 99.9% of Livermore will never be impacted by those 2 people.
Yes, I'm just nosey. It surely has nothing to do with the fact that I have three children in Livermore schools who also participate in numerous activities where they can potentially be exposed to predators. If you don't understand how crimes, of this nature, or any others for that matter, impact a community, then you are more ignorant than you appear.

Location hidden

#9 Feb 17, 2013
MOTY wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I'm just nosey. It surely has nothing to do with the fact that I have three children in Livermore schools who also participate in numerous activities where they can potentially be exposed to predators. If you don't understand how crimes, of this nature, or any others for that matter, impact a community, then you are more ignorant than you appear.
There's a 0% chance that these 2 individuals ever have any interaction with you or your kids.

If you were that concerned with the community you'd be involved with the community and not just looking for gossip on the internet.

Location hidden

#10 Feb 17, 2013
TrueRealist wrote:
<quoted text>There's a 0% chance that these 2 individuals ever have any interaction with you or your kids.

If you were that concerned with the community you'd be involved with the community and not just looking for gossip on the internet.
You are wrong on both counts. The only way to keep crimes like this from happening is to keep the public aware and not try to brush crimes under the rug like you are. Then again, if the topic of child sexual abuse is not something that you find important, why don't you stick to looking for gossip on the Internet. I gather I must have hit a nerve for you since your comments have been rude without cause. Stick to golf, a sport of one seems to be much better fit for you.

Location hidden

#11 Feb 17, 2013
MOTY wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong on both counts. The only way to keep crimes like this from happening is to keep the public aware and not try to brush crimes under the rug like you are. Then again, if the topic of child sexual abuse is not something that you find important, why don't you stick to looking for gossip on the Internet. I gather I must have hit a nerve for you since your comments have been rude without cause. Stick to golf, a sport of one seems to be much better fit for you.
You think posting on the Internet will keep crimes from happening? That's laughable at best. What percentage of Livermore is on here?.0001%?

The people that are actually involved with their community and in their kids lives don't need posts from anonymous strangers to feel good about themselves. I'm sorry you're on the outside looking in.

Keep posting. 3 more posts and you'll stop a purse snatching from taking place. Haha!!

Since: Mar 11

Livermore 94551

#12 Feb 17, 2013
MOTY wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong on both counts. The only way to keep crimes like this from happening is to keep the public aware and not try to brush crimes under the rug like you are. Then again, if the topic of child sexual abuse is not something that you find important, why don't you stick to looking for gossip on the Internet. I gather I must have hit a nerve for you since your comments have been rude without cause. Stick to golf, a sport of one seems to be much better fit for you.
Truerealist has something negative to say about everything and anything.

And I agree, coming on these forums is a good way to stay informed. Most of the Patch's stories are posted on here. No one thinks posting on the Internet is going to stop a purse snatcher, but if there is a serial purse snatcher out there, I would most likely find out about it on here.

Location hidden

#13 Feb 18, 2013
Ssophiiee wrote:
<quoted text>Truerealist has something negative to say about everything and anything.

And I agree, coming on these forums is a good way to stay informed. Most of the Patch's stories are posted on here. No one thinks posting on the Internet is going to stop a purse snatcher, but if there is a serial purse snatcher out there, I would most likely find out about it on here.
MOTY said posting on the Internet will prevent crime. The simple answer is it won't. That's just common sense which apparently eludes her on this topic.

Sorry all your e-feelings got hurt because you weren't able to find the latest gossip about a non factor in our community. You should be worried about school over crowding or the fact that junction K-8 is rated a 4 out of 10 or the increased criminal element in our city. Worrying about a couple of boys who got blowjobs and gift cards should be lower on the list of priorities.

Location hidden

#14 Feb 18, 2013
TrueRealist wrote:
<quoted text>MOTY said posting on the Internet will prevent crime. The simple answer is it won't. That's just common sense which apparently eludes her on this topic.

Sorry all your e-feelings got hurt because you weren't able to find the latest gossip about a non factor in our community. You should be worried about school over crowding or the fact that junction K-8 is rated a 4 out of 10 or the increased criminal element in our city. Worrying about a couple of boys who got blowjobs and gift cards should be lower on the list of priorities.
Wrong again. I didn't say the Internet would prevent anything. I mentioned raising awareness which can take form in different ways including community involvement (your comment), discussions at home, at school, and of course the media, social media included. It's because of ignorant people like you who think that this is simply about "boys who got blow jobs" that awareness needs to be increased. Get your head out of the sand and pay attention to the fact that a high percentage of incarcerated men today, have been victims of child sexual abuse. It's a cause worth talking about and frankly, you're a perfect example. And just for the record, I am not looking for salacious details about these crimes, simply an update on the judicial process. The details should be kept private for the families that have been directly impacted by these predators. Have yourself a wonderful day; anyone that expresses as much disrespect, unnecessarily, as you do, clearly needs at least one good day every once in a while.

Location hidden

#15 Feb 18, 2013
MOTY wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again. I didn't say the Internet would prevent anything. I mentioned raising awareness which can take form in different ways including community involvement (your comment), discussions at home, at school, and of course the media, social media included. It's because of ignorant people like you who think that this is simply about "boys who got blow jobs" that awareness needs to be increased. Get your head out of the sand and pay attention to the fact that a high percentage of incarcerated men today, have been victims of child sexual abuse. It's a cause worth talking about and frankly, you're a perfect example. And just for the record, I am not looking for salacious details about these crimes, simply an update on the judicial process. The details should be kept private for the families that have been directly impacted by these predators. Have yourself a wonderful day; anyone that expresses as much disrespect, unnecessarily, as you do, clearly needs at least one good day every once in a while.
You said "the only way to keep crimes from happening to is keep them from getting swept under the rug". You wrote that. I didn't make it up. Sorry for your confusion.

Let me pose this question to you. Well 2 questions.

1. Is there a difference between a 15 yr old boy being overpowered and raped by a man and a 15 yr old boy willingly receiving oral sex from a woman?

2. Does a 17 yr old boy who receives oral sex from a 17 yr old girl fall under your theory of sexually assaulted kids?

You seem to think that you have some sort if idea on who I am, how I feel or how my life is going. The simple fact is that you don't have any clue. You ask what's happening with these people then say the details should be private. Make up your mind princess because you make less and less sense with each post. You're doing a great job of talking yourself in circles and contradicting yourself. Keep up the good work! Another crime prevented!!

Since: Mar 11

Livermore 94551

#16 Feb 18, 2013
TrueRealist wrote:
<quoted text>You said "the only way to keep crimes from happening to is keep them from getting swept under the rug". You wrote that. I didn't make it up. Sorry for your confusion.

Let me pose this question to you. Well 2 questions.

1. Is there a difference between a 15 yr old boy being overpowered and raped by a man and a 15 yr old boy willingly receiving oral sex from a woman?

2. Does a 17 yr old boy who receives oral sex from a 17 yr old girl fall under your theory of sexually assaulted kids?

You seem to think that you have some sort if idea on who I am, how I feel or how my life is going. The simple fact is that you don't have any clue. You ask what's happening with these people then say the details should be private. Make up your mind princess because you make less and less sense with each post. You're doing a great job of talking yourself in circles and contradicting yourself. Keep up the good work! Another crime prevented!!
Yeah, prevent crimes by not sweeping them under the rug. As in making the public aware through open forums. Are you the only one this isn't making sense too? It makes sense to me. Even not using Christine Hubbs blow jobs as an example, in which, if the public knew she was out parents could tell their kids and possibly prevent another victim. But say there are robberies happening near Pine Street. The public is made aware. The public can now take further precaution to protect themselves and thwart a would be robber.

No, my physical act of hitting the "post" button isn't going to stop someone from snatching a purse or robbing a house.

But if someone posts that houses or cars in my neighborhood are being broken into, I'll take extra measures. And I'm sure others who read about it will too.

Prevention takes one form in awareness. In our day and age, awareness is the Internet, social media, forums, and blogs.

Pleasanton, CA

#17 Feb 21, 2013
TrueRealist wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a 0% chance that these 2 individuals ever have any interaction with you or your kids.
where are you getting your numbers? Please state sources.

Pleasanton, CA

#18 Feb 21, 2013
True realist SEEMS to be confused. Everything you have said thus far is sketchy at best. Not to mention you are one of the problems in the above post. If you cannot add to the post or are just here to throw out fictional numbers based off of your opinion then don't bother making the keystrokes.

Pleasanton, CA

#19 Feb 21, 2013
MOTY wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. I didn't say the Internet would prevent anything. I mentioned raising awareness which can take form in different ways including community involvement (your comment), discussions at home, at school, and of course the media, social media included. It's because of ignorant people like you who think that this is simply about "boys who got blow jobs" that awareness needs to be increased. Get your head out of the sand and pay attention to the fact that a high percentage of incarcerated men today, have been victims of child sexual abuse. It's a cause worth talking about and frankly, you're a perfect example. And just for the record, I am not looking for salacious details about these crimes, simply an update on the judicial process. The details should be kept private for the families that have been directly impacted by these predators. Have yourself a wonderful day; anyone that expresses as much disrespect, unnecessarily, as you do, clearly needs at least one good day every once in a while.
well put MOTY.

Pleasanton, CA

#20 Feb 21, 2013
TrueRealist wrote:
<quoted text>
this 0% chance comment boggles my mind. Are you seriously suggesting that there is absolutely no way if MOTY's kids coming into contact with a pedophile (you brought up names but that's not the issue)? I have unkowingly shared meals, conversations, and good times with people who were arrested for rape, incest, forced oral copulation of a minor, amongst other things. I say unkowingly because it was only after I did my research that I found out that these fun loving, down to earth people are capable of unspeakable acts. And that's the scary part... you never know until it's to late. That is... unless we had a social media where we could talk about community issues.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brentwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cynthia Lea Turner March 28,1955-September 22,2016 5 hr Neighbor down the... 1
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) 8 hr Princess Hey 4,671
News Antioch Police Officers Association endorses in... Sep 25 ANAG 1
Facebook: Livermore Rants and Raves. come join (Jan '16) Sep 25 Cristina 6
News Livermore family the subject of Marlee Matlin r... (Apr '10) Sep 25 Sabrina Firl 2
News Antioch: Suspected pimp, two women, charged wit... Sep 24 ANAG 5
Is Brentwood considered part of Section 8 housi... (Aug '06) Sep 11 Trueone 109

Brentwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brentwood Mortgages