Troy Dayak's West Coast Soccer Club reaches elite status

Full story: Contra Costa Times

Troy Dayak, former professional soccer player with the San Jose Earthquakes, runs a drill with the U15 West Coast Wicked players that he coaches at Christensen Park in Livermore, Calif., on Thursday, Sept.
Comments
21 - 38 of 38 Comments Last updated Sep 16, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
you make me smile.

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

High Pitch Eric wrote:
OoopsÂ…Sorry to bring the facts back into this dialog.(Just as pointed out in my previous post about the Norcal standings and how well Fusion does against WCS).

The following link, from Tracy Press, reports players from Tracy and Mountain House at U10, U14, U16 :-)
http://www.tracypress.com/view/full_story/203...

Looks pretty clear that WCS is trying to build regional teams and starting out at the U10 level.
Yes it is true these players live out if the area BUT they all played for LYSL then Fusion then WCS. They were not pulled from the outer city's for WCS. I know everyone of these girls. They are fantastic on and off the field and they play where they will get the best opportunity to go as far as they can with soccer. Yes, let remember it is about the kids and getting out of the house and doing something healthy. Instead of looking at other clubs and pointing fingers (even if wrong ) lets look to our club of choice and make it strong and respectful places for any of our kids to play for. Every time a Fusion parent gets on here and starts something negative it just makes the club look bad. Be proud of your choice. Respect others choices and most of all be kind to all players if they wear fusion, WC, Mustang, Rage. TVSC, Dublin. Azuri or any other colors. It's kids. Remember that please. & thank you.
soccermom

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

after 2 weeks of tryouts, at both Fusion and WC, the decision to go with Fusion was easy. great coaches, awesome training/game facilities, great organization, and no hard sales pitch.
my kids can't wait for spring training/games to start.
Imaginehowgood

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

I wonder how many of the West Coast families that reside in Livermore knew about the impending Mountain House merger before tryouts and commitment? Tracy and/or Mountain House for practice anyone? A Livermore/Mountain House club based in Tracy…awesome. I’ll give Dayak this much…he’s a great salesman!
Ex WSC

San Ramon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Imaginehowgood wrote:
I wonder how many of the West Coast families that reside in Livermore knew about the impending Mountain House merger before tryouts and commitment? Tracy and/or Mountain House for practice anyone? A Livermore/Mountain House club based in Tracy…awesome. I’ll give Dayak this much…he’s a great salesman!
You forgot two little words before salesman...used car
SicOfTroy

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

How surprising that there is a Dayak/WCS blog going. Hadn't seen this yet but after reading the posts they are very accurate about the Troy that I knew from LYSL when my kids played. He brags his team made it into Surf cup. Didn't hear any bragging about their success? Can't say much about a team that loses every game in Surf except they are not at that "premier' level he brags they are! Yes, go back and play the Tracy Bowl and take 1st place and put a picture in the paper bragging that WSC got another title! At a silver or broze tournament? Make it LOOK like they are that good. Bottom line is that they are not all that good. But those parents will figure it out after they see that they are supporting Troy thru paying his own business for their uniforms and all that WSC gear he promotes them to buy. Every time you see one of those WCS sweatshirts, know that Troy is grinning from making even more money from his "league" by ripping them off.
no surprise

Berkeley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

SicOfTroy wrote:
How surprising that there is a Dayak/WCS blog going. Hadn't seen this yet but after reading the posts they are very accurate about the Troy that I knew from LYSL when my kids played. He brags his team made it into Surf cup. Didn't hear any bragging about their success? Can't say much about a team that loses every game in Surf except they are not at that "premier' level he brags they are! Yes, go back and play the Tracy Bowl and take 1st place and put a picture in the paper bragging that WSC got another title! At a silver or broze tournament? Make it LOOK like they are that good. Bottom line is that they are not all that good. But those parents will figure it out after they see that they are supporting Troy thru paying his own business for their uniforms and all that WSC gear he promotes them to buy. Every time you see one of those WCS sweatshirts, know that Troy is grinning from making even more money from his "league" by ripping them off.
Well since Fusion copied WC and has the same sweatshirts are you saying we those kids are being ripped off too? Hmmmm
Fact is both clubs have fantastic teams that are thriving and both clubs have teams to fill a slot and pay money that are not playing to ability and are not being appreciated. Everyone needs to stop pointing fingers and wasting time talking crud about clubs you know little about. You don't have to like Troy but you should respect what he has done. He has had big success in the last 2 years and his club will be even bigger this year. Fusion burned A LOT of players who tried out for West Coast. They treated kids and families badly who chose to try WC. Many families were due refunds and the fact is if you left for WC you did not get your money. If you left for any other club you did get your money. I have seen the rejection of refund emails and I have seen the checks for the others. At the end of the day. Be there for your kids, lets the anger go and have fun. You only sound bitter pointing out WC issues and not owning fusion issues. Good luck to all clubs and all players.
Youvegottobekidd ing

Tracy, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

2 sides wrote:
Well we have been involved with both. WC has by far less drama then Fusion. And our kids get so much respect now and other clubs coaches coming to talk to them about how good the kids play and what good sportsmanship our club shows. You can't buy that. Good luck to all.
Wow that's a different experience than what we've had at either club. I'd say Fusion is not even in the same class as WTS (white trash soccer) that's what we call it now, after my son was called the f word for wearing his Fusion gear, he's 7... I think WC might as well practice at the landfill because that's all they are to me.
2 sides

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Youvegottobekidding wrote:
<quoted text>Wow that's a different experience than what we've had at either club. I'd say Fusion is not even in the same class as WTS (white trash soccer) that's what we call it now, after my son was called the f word for wearing his Fusion gear, he's 7... I think WC might as well practice at the landfill because that's all they are to me.
Funny advance a year and leaving both clubs is the best thing our kid could have ever done. After this past 2nd year with WCS several families have made the choice to leave. The club started off great but has not kept up that same momentum. Sad it really could have been huge.
No Chance

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

@2 sides This is the part I struggle with...What made you/anyone think that Troy would be successful with his new club (long term)? He's basically never lasted more than two/three years ANYWHERE (player/coach/DOC)!!!! Look it up. The only "sad" portion of this story is the damage his vindictive behavior caused by dividing the Livermore soccer talent pool.

He had had every opportunity to succeed with LYSL/Fusion and just couldn't make it happen. Amazes me that he managed to convince a few people to leave a "dysfunctional" club that he was directing to go to his new "perfect" club?

He's very fortunate to have a few great parents keeping that club alive (he's definitely not capable). Guessing it won't be long before the Dayak Circus leaves town for greener pastures (Mtn. House/Tracy). He's already started paving his exit route to Mountain House.
Tony

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

The anecdotal hilarity on this post never ends. Awesome!
sunny

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

I agree that this is only hurting the kids by the fallout of everyone fighting, however, lets not forget this was done on purpose by Troy who could not just be let go from his job and go out and find another club to work for. He had to create his own league as his ego is too big to take this like a real man. The part that kills me is how he uses the media to make his club seem like they are so much better than they really are. His girls team went to Surf last year and got killed as they were not at that playing level. But when they enter a broze or silver tournament and win he shouts out about his Elite or premier team winning. As posted before, fusion is for the most part at a higher playing level. You just dont see them having to have the "in your face" mentality about it.
Youvegottobekidd ing

Tracy, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

No Chance wrote:
@2 sides This is the part I struggle with...What made you/anyone think that Troy would be successful with his new club (long term)? He's basically never lasted more than two/three years ANYWHERE (player/coach/DOC)!!!! Look it up. The only "sad" portion of this story is the damage his vindictive behavior caused by dividing the Livermore soccer talent pool.
He had had every opportunity to succeed with LYSL/Fusion and just couldn't make it happen. Amazes me that he managed to convince a few people to leave a "dysfunctional" club that he was directing to go to his new "perfect" club?
He's very fortunate to have a few great parents keeping that club alive (he's definitely not capable). Guessing it won't be long before the Dayak Circus leaves town for greener pastures (Mtn. House/Tracy). He's already started paving his exit route to Mountain House.
Lets just say not a lot of people are real thrilled in Mtn House... They are combining ages 10-14 and making it co-Ed for that age. Liability anyone?

We went to Fusion. Best decision we ever made. Matt and Ben have really taken an EPL training route with these kid and I personally believe the club is on the perfect road to success.
Youvegottobekidd ing

Tracy, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

sunny wrote:
I agree that this is only hurting the kids by the fallout of everyone fighting, however, lets not forget this was done on purpose by Troy who could not just be let go from his job and go out and find another club to work for. He had to create his own league as his ego is too big to take this like a real man. The part that kills me is how he uses the media to make his club seem like they are so much better than they really are. His girls team went to Surf last year and got killed as they were not at that playing level. But when they enter a broze or silver tournament and win he shouts out about his Elite or premier team winning. As posted before, fusion is for the most part at a higher playing level. You just dont see them having to have the "in your face" mentality about it.
Could not have said it better! WC tells their players they are playing at a Gold level, then when you look it up they are silver or bronze, and still losing. They have maybe 2 good teams, the rest of it is just awful. And don't get me started in the "professional coaches"
Tony

San Leandro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Oh please?? Please start in on the coaches too. This is so much fun to read!!!
sunny

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Their good team is gone. BTW that was the good team that trainer Jaime created back here in Fusion that Troy stole when he got fired. Troy's daughter was on the team (and NO she was not the star player by any means) so Troy wined and dined the some of the parents with his kiss ass mentality and got them to move with him. Well, not everyone. My daughter went to Rage with almost 1/2 of the team and has done great without all the drama or stress. I just think it' sad becuase Troy was being selfish and not thinking of any of the players when he did this. I hate to see him say for the love of the game or it's all about the kids when we clearly lived thru his meltdown and it had nothing to do with either. It's all about Troy's ego!
No Chance

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

This clown is awesome. Just say they came in 2nd Troy and stop the misleading nonsense.

http://westcoastsoccerclub.com/uncategorized/...
Amused

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

So many parents screwing things up for the kids. So sad.
Who is High Pitch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Soccer Mom has it right, just focus on bringing the best soccer program to the kids and everything will fall into place. The more attention one club gives another you take away from the kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brentwood Discussions

Search the Brentwood Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Pittsburg gives go-ahead to downtown park project 38 min mamma223 1
gangs in livermore (Nov '08) 2 hr Ssophiiee 66
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr Mis kites 15,915
Reviving Stivers Academy? (May '11) 3 hr Ullstrom Family 34
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr lackers 200,328
Complaints about Livermore PD... (May '12) Wed Nick 71
Antioch: 23-year-old man shot on street Wed Phil Theehor 10
•••
•••

Brentwood News Video

•••
•••

Brentwood Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••