Troy Dayak's West Coast Soccer Club reaches elite status

Full story: Contra Costa Times

Troy Dayak, former professional soccer player with the San Jose Earthquakes, runs a drill with the U15 West Coast Wicked players that he coaches at Christensen Park in Livermore, Calif., on Thursday, Sept.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

I thought we'd run him out of Livermore.
get over it

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Life is way to precious and oh too short to be a hater. Be glad these players are thriving. Because at the end of the day it's about the kids.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Pullease! Wonder how much it's costing these kids to "thrive"....don't be fooled.
get over it

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Not as much as fusion pays to not thrive.
osls mama

Dublin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Livermore soccer whether fusion or west coast gets no respect from outside clubs and there's a reason for it. Drama drama drama. Same sh** different day.
2 sides

Antioch, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Well we have been involved with both. WC has by far less drama then Fusion. And our kids get so much respect now and other clubs coaches coming to talk to them about how good the kids play and what good sportsmanship our club shows. You can't buy that. Good luck to all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

2 sides wrote:
Well we have been involved with both. WC has by far less drama then Fusion. And our kids get so much respect now and other clubs coaches coming to talk to them about how good the kids play and what good sportsmanship our club shows. You can't buy that. Good luck to all.
"you can't buy that".....but alas, you are.
Sad

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

The people that took over LYSL and changed it to Fusion, against the wishes and wills of others, wantwed to run this "non profit" club as a for profit business. They got their way and it is now nearly bankrupt. Guess they should stick to their other endeavours as youth sports is not their forte.
I don't realy care about Troy one way or the other, but he was screwed and left with no option but to open his own club, so West Coast was birthed as a bastard club by those Fusion idiots so you reap what you sow!
knowit

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Sad wrote:
The people that took over LYSL and changed it to Fusion, against the wishes and wills of others, wantwed to run this "non profit" club as a for profit business. They got their way and it is now nearly bankrupt. Guess they should stick to their other endeavours as youth sports is not their forte.
I don't realy care about Troy one way or the other, but he was screwed and left with no option but to open his own club, so West Coast was birthed as a bastard club by those Fusion idiots so you reap what you sow!
You sound like a disgruntled ex board member with an agenda? How much do you really know? Why not go into why Troy was let go? Maybe all those business trips he was always on promoting himself and his education (to give him that resume that he brags about on his website) at the cost of Fusion members, not to mention the time he DIDN'T spend doing his DOC job for Fusion. He had to go, his ego and mentality was all about what was good for Troy and not the players. So, back to the facts of Fusion? Why are they down on funds? Oh yes, maybe that huge invenstment into those beautiful new Robertson turf fields we have to play on? What did WC contribute to this? ZERO, but you bet he will try to take the glory for them getting done as we all know this is Troy's thing to do. Brag, take credit where it's not due, brag some more, post some article about himself and his all star, professional player info that is so overrated, and yeah, and then brag some more. If you dont like Fusion, then feel free to go to Troy's world where the club is a for profit venture-for Troy's personal profit! Good luck to you!
High Pitch Eric

San Ramon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

sad there are ready is a West Coast Soccer Club,
http://businessprofiles.com/details/west-coas...

So the for-profit club from Tracy is really just West Coast Soccer. Whoever would have thought they would not have copied from someone else.
Sad

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Again, not a Troy supporter, but go back ask is the club better now 2 years later without Troy, or worse. It is a resounding "WORSE". Could it and should it have been better without Troy? Absolutely! but, it is not, so again, those that took over did NOT make it a better club. They forced the creation of West Coast and I will not have my children play soccer in this town for either club.
High Pitch Eric

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Dear SAD,
Fusion is better off now and will be even stronger next year.

As far as "nearly bankrupt", just got an e-mail that Fusion hired addtional staff (Technical Dir, and Office Manager), they just spent hundred of thousands of dollars on Robertson Park. If that is your definition of "bankrupt", you need a new dictionary.

Where ever you are now, please stay there. Fusion want people that will contribute and make it better, not complainers and whiners that quit if things dont go their way.
fan

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Sad wrote:
Again, not a Troy supporter, but go back ask is the club better now 2 years later without Troy, or worse. It is a resounding "WORSE". Could it and should it have been better without Troy? Absolutely! but, it is not, so again, those that took over did NOT make it a better club. They forced the creation of West Coast and I will not have my children play soccer in this town for either club.
No, you got this wrong, TROY forced the creation of Westcoast from his ego. It won't last like everything Troy does. He's a has been.
fan

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

2 sides wrote:
Their teams don't really play all that great. The older teams do have talent, but when those are gone the league is doomed. My daughers U9 team killed their U9 team and I heard they have their only boys team playing in a rec plus division. Troy has them play in all these low level tournaments that they can win. This isn't quality-it's sadly a big waste of the parents money! Everyone will start to see the light soon. Troy is and has always been full of hot air and himself!
you make me smile.

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

fan wrote:
<quoted text>Their teams don't really play all that great. The older teams do have talent, but when those are gone the league is doomed. My daughers U9 team killed their U9 team and I heard they have their only boys team playing in a rec plus division. Troy has them play in all these low level tournaments that they can win. This isn't quality-it's sadly a big waste of the parents money! Everyone will start to see the light soon. Troy is and has always been full of hot air and himself!
Too bad you have all the facts wrong. They play in high tourneys look it up its online. All his teams are thriving and kids are so much happier then whit Fusion and they are actually proud of their club on their on. No parents telling them to say "I love fusion" Fusion will fall apart long before west coast. But keep on dreaming.
High Pitch Eric

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

[QUOTE who="you make me smile. "]<quoted text>
Too bad you have all the facts wrong. They play in high tourneys look it up its online. All his teams are thriving and kids are so much happier then whit Fusion and they are actually proud of their club on their on. No parents telling them to say "I love fusion" Fusion will fall apart long before west coast. But keep on dreaming.[/QUOTE]

Took your advice and looked up the following standings in Norcal Premier. These are just the facts, you can make your own conclusions.

2012 Fall Season
U9 G – Livermore Fusion SC 03G Maroon – Gold West (5th place)
U9 G – West Coast Soccer Wild Katz 04 – Silver West (2nd place)
Advantage Livermore Fusion SC (WCS playing at a lower level)

U10 G – Livermore Fusion SC 02G Maroon – Gold (1st place)
U10 G – West Coast SC Girls 02 - 03 – Gold (2nd place)
Advantage Livermore Fusion SC (Better finish)

U11 G – Livermore Fusion SC 01 G Maroon – Gold Region 2-3-4 (1st place)
U11 G – West Coast Soccer Wave – Silver 2 Region 2-3 (1st place)

U11 G – Livermore Fusion SC 01G Green – Copper East (1st place)
U11 G – Livermore Fusion SC 01G White – Copper East (3rd place)
U11 G – West Coast SC Kaos – Copper East (6th place)

U11 B – Livermore Fusion SC 01B Maroon – Silver 1 Region 3-4 (1st place)
U11 B – West Coast SC Wolves – Silver 2 Region 3-4 (3rd place)

U12 G – Livermore Fusion SC 00G Maroon – Premier Region 2-3-4 (7th place)
U12 G – West Coast SC Wrath 00/01 – Silver 1 Region 3-4 (tied for 4th place)
U12 G – Livermore Fusion SC 00G Gold – Silver 1 Region 3-4 (tied for 4th place)
Advantage Livermore Fusion SC (WCS playing at a lower level and Fusion 2nd team same finish as WCS 1st team)

U13 G – Livermore Fusion SC 99G Maroon – Gold 2 Region 2-3-4 (4th place)
U13 G – West Coast SC Wildfire – Gold 1 Region 2-3-4 (1st place)
Probably Advantage to West Soccer but not by much

U14 G + West Coast Soccer have girls from Livermore, Tracy, Mountain House, Modesto, Stockton, on these teams, so these teams are really regional or district teams; not Livermore teams. Also West Coast brings younger players up to fill out teams; ie they need the money.
you make me smile.

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

High Pitch Eric wrote:
[QUOTE who="you make me smile. "]<quoted text>
Too bad you have all the facts wrong. They play in high tourneys look it up its online. All his teams are thriving and kids are so much happier then whit Fusion and they are actually proud of their club on their on. No parents telling them to say "I love fusion" Fusion will fall apart long before west coast. But keep on dreaming. "

Took your advice and looked up the following standings in Norcal Premier. These are just the facts, you can make your own conclusions.

2012 Fall Season
U9 G Β– Livermore Fusion SC 03G Maroon Β– Gold West (5th place)
U9 G Β– West Coast Soccer Wild Katz 04 Β– Silver West (2nd place)

U10 G Β– Livermore Fusion SC 02G Maroon Β– Gold (1st place)
U10 G Β– West Coast SC Girls 02 - 03 Β– Gold (2nd place)

U11 G Β– Livermore Fusion SC 01 G Maroon Β– Gold Region 2-3-4 (1st place)
U11 G Β– West Coast Soccer Wave Β– Silver 2 Region 2-3 (1st place)

U11 G Β– Livermore Fusion SC 01G Green Β– Copper East (1st place)
U11 G Β– Livermore Fusion SC 01G White Β– Copper East (3rd place)
U11 G Β– West Coast SC Kaos Β– Copper East (6th place)

U11 B Β– Livermore Fusion SC 01B Maroon Β– Silver 1 Region 3-4 (1st place)
U11 B Β– West Coast SC Wolves Β– Silver 2 Region 3-4 (3rd place)

U12 G Β– Livermore Fusion SC 00G Maroon Β– Premier Region 2-3-4 (7th place)
U12 G Β– West Coast SC Wrath 00/01 Β– Silver 1 Region 3-4 (tied for 4th place)
U12 G Β– Livermore Fusion SC 00G Gold Β– Silver 1 Region 3-4 (tied for 4th place)
Advantage Livermore Fusion SC (WCS playing at a lower level and Fusion 2nd team same finish as WCS 1st team)

U13 G Β– Livermore Fusion SC 99G Maroon Β– Gold 2 Region 2-3-4 (4th place)
U13 G Β– West Coast SC Wildfire Β– Gold 1 Region 2-3-4 (1st place)
Probably Advantage to West Soccer but not by much

U14 G + West Coast Soccer have girls from Livermore, Tracy, Mountain House, Modesto, Stockton, on these teams, so these teams are really regional or district teams; not Livermore teams. Also West Coast brings younger players up to fill out teams; ie they need the money.
Not true there are u15 u16 teams are are Livermore girl pure.
High Pitch Eric

San Ramon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Ooops…Sorry to bring the facts back into this dialog.(Just as pointed out in my previous post about the Norcal standings and how well Fusion does against WCS).

The following link, from Tracy Press, reports players from Tracy and Mountain House at U10, U14, U16 :-)
http://www.tracypress.com/view/full_story/203...

Looks pretty clear that WCS is trying to build regional teams and starting out at the U10 level.
Tiny

Hayward, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Does anyone know if Fusion has any girls teams over U14?
Soccer Mom

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

The negativity of a majority of these posts is very disheartening. I have two children, one plays for Fusion and one for WCS. We had to make a choice and decide which club was a better fit for my family and for each child. Neither program is perfect, there are things each could improve on and there are things they both do extremely well. That being said if everyone just remembers that the bottom line is this should be all about the kids would there be a reason we can respectively co-exist? All this bashing of each other just makes Livermore soccer look bad, lets support these kids from both clubs that go out and work hard every time they hit the field.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brentwood Discussions

Search the Brentwood Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr as I was saying 200,244
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 13 hr PMS will get yeah 7,821
~:Any Word:~ (Sep '13) 16 hr In-Like-Flynn 235
gay topix (Jun '13) 17 hr MurdoAnderson 17
Special message (Aug '13) 17 hr nathan sturley 251
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 18 hr all doned in 4,864
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sat The right is wrong 2,225
•••
•••

Brentwood News Video

•••
•••

Brentwood Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Brentwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE