One dead in Highway 4 Bypass crash in...

One dead in Highway 4 Bypass crash in Antioch

There are 14 comments on the Ledger Dispatch story from Jun 15, 2010, titled One dead in Highway 4 Bypass crash in Antioch. In it, Ledger Dispatch reports that:

One person died and two others were seriously injured this afternoon in a collision between a motorcycle and a car on the Highway 4 Bypass Road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ledger Dispatch.

garbage guru

“Can't stand liberals!”

Since: Mar 10

Hell, wanna join me?

#1 Jun 15, 2010
now that someone finally died,(rest in peace) maybe they will actually fix the thing?
K-Ma

Pittsburg, CA

#2 Jun 15, 2010
Tough chance I bet. People have been dieing on that road before today, I doubt it changes anything. Take the levie road from Disco Bay to Stockton for instance, it's a death trap. Many people, almost including myself, have lost their lives on that road and nothing has been done... and while I'm at it, they did make improvements on the winding backroad of deer valley goin from Antioch to Brentwood but everyone insists on taking that bend going at least 55 and every rainy day at least one of them ends up in the ditch. almost never fails. I guess the moral of this story is they aren't worried about us, we have to worry about us so please keep your eyes on the road and don't drive like a dick.. even if you're late you sure as hell aint gonna get where you're going if you're dead. hope you all drive safe and have a good day
sgf

Long Beach, CA

#3 Jun 15, 2010
Did you read the article? There will be an expansion to the road, the accident was caused by a boat tower (there's a big flag) AND, it was unfortunately 2 people, two very innocent people at the moment, that became victims of another's driving (towing) ignorance and a young driver without sufficient experience to realize you pull to the right, not the left. Tragic and sad. We need to petition for signs during summer months that remind people to be cautious on their way to the water. Prayers to all and their families, this was a chain event that could have been avoided. Who do you know with a boat and a black Ford 150 or 250?
daily trekker

Brentwood, CA

#4 Jun 15, 2010
I drive Hwy 4 bypass nearly everyday, it isn't any more dangerous than any other road - the problem is the drivers.
Yes, the lanes should have all been built initially, to avoid all of the merging and there should be an west bound exit towards the Antioch bridge.
If everyone would merge and exit carefully, the flow would be so much smoother. Those exiting who come to a crawl and stay half way into the lane, create big problems.
It is a tragedy when anyone dies in an auto accident, anywhere.
My prayers go out to everyone involved.
oh no u idnt even idnt

Oakley, CA

#5 Jun 16, 2010
I don't know who owns this truck but I would be checking paint shops right about now or stores that sell auto paint to anyone driving up in a black F model.

garbage guru

“Can't stand liberals!”

Since: Mar 10

Hell, wanna join me?

#6 Jun 16, 2010
both people on the bike dies now, need to charge truck owner with murder!
blade

United States

#7 Jun 16, 2010
I was on my way home from work and drove through that accident literally right after it happened. My first thought was that "someone is dead here". One thing that sticks out in my memory is the young girl in the silver car. As most were attending to the motorcycle victims, there was a Police Officer holding this poor girl in his arms through the passanger side window of her car (apparently her legs were pinned). She was not moving. Hats off to that Officer who obviously stayed with her and comforted her. It is not the road...it is the DRIVERS!
Jack Shite

Brisbane, CA

#9 Jun 16, 2010
Reckless driving (what else is new?) appears to be the cause of the accident. The Highway Patrol says this is the first accident since this section of the highway opened several years ago. As long as goddamn fools think they have the right to anarchy on the highway and drive like maniacs this sort of thing is going to continue to happen! It doesn't help that the CHP is generally nowhere to be seen nowadays except when accidents happen. Not their fault, they just are spread too thin...budget cuts, helping local police departments, protecting against terrorism, etc. It scares me every time I go out on ANY road...their is an epidemic of reckless driving which seems to be getting worse day for day!

The dirty little reckless driving coward who caused this accident and fled the scene needs to be brought to justice. Hopefully somebody will "rear end" him in jail if you know what I mean! What a worthless sack of shit (which seems to be the case with so many of those F150 drivers!)!!!
kibble and bits HATE CLUB

Isleton, CA

#10 Jun 16, 2010
kibble and bits your the reason i hate balke people like your slef you cold hearted biotch you should have been on that motercycle if your the one that has the guts to say somthing like that i hope you get ur turn!!
Stevie

San Francisco, CA

#11 Jun 16, 2010
If your neighbor has a black F150 and a boat or even seen a something like that drivin around make the call to PD.
blondie

Antioch, CA

#12 Jun 16, 2010
It is sad two people gone and the families in pain people driveing need to watch for bikes and people on bikes need to know cars trucks will run them over and off the road looking for names hope they are not someone I know have loss to many freinds and family.
kevin

Fairfield, CA

#14 Jun 16, 2010
The driver of the 2005 civic is alive and stable minor injurys

“ur silence screams your truth ”

Since: Oct 09

Oakley

#15 Jun 16, 2010
blade wrote:
I was on my way home from work and drove through that accident literally right after it happened. My first thought was that "someone is dead here". One thing that sticks out in my memory is the young girl in the silver car. As most were attending to the motorcycle victims, there was a Police Officer holding this poor girl in his arms through the passanger side window of her car (apparently her legs were pinned). She was not moving. Hats off to that Officer who obviously stayed with her and comforted her. It is not the road...it is the DRIVERS!
Your post mad me cry :(
Im sorry for the familys that lost thier loved ones and my heart goes out to that poor girl in the civic .. I really hope they find the guy or girl in the ford
oh no u idnt even idnt

Oakley, CA

#16 Jun 16, 2010
kevin wrote:
The driver of the 2005 civic is alive and stable minor injurys
Minor? Shattered legs is not minor. Poor kid

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brentwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DUI checkpoint in Suisun City nets 29 arrests 9 hr Birds Landing Bob 1
News How Many People Receive Food Stamps In Danville... (Aug '13) Aug 20 ok. 13
Blacks are racists against whites in Antioch Aug 20 ANAG 6
How to Report Section 8 Fraud (Mar '11) Aug 19 Lala 114
News Ogorchock announces campaign for Mayor of Antioch Aug 18 Antioch sense 64 1
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) Aug 17 Princess Hey 4,625
Old School Autoworks (Jan '10) Aug 17 69 camaro 27

Brentwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brentwood Mortgages