Twice-Told Tales: Members of Boilerma...

Twice-Told Tales: Members of Boilermakers Union Local 549 picket

There are 10 comments on the Contra Costa Times story from Jul 17, 2013, titled Twice-Told Tales: Members of Boilermakers Union Local 549 picket. In it, Contra Costa Times reports that:

Nunes hurls one-hitter for Byron Merchants: The Byron Merchants, with a record of 21 wins, two losses and a tie, will enter the first of three invitational tournaments next week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Contra Costa Times.

Downtown by the river

Antioch, CA

#1 Jul 17, 2013
My dad and two brothers along with my dad's brother worked there 25 years ago.My dad retired from Gaylord in 1996 lost his left arm there.No good from that mill.I heard they want to build highrise apartments there worth millions not good the land has so much junk in it.
Chinese baker

Pittsburg, CA

#2 Jul 17, 2013
Downtown by the river wrote:
My dad and two brothers along with my dad's brother worked there 25 years ago.My dad retired from Gaylord in 1996 lost his left arm there.No good from that mill.I heard they want to build highrise apartments there worth millions not good the land has so much junk in it.
I was working at GWF when they had that really bad accident. I'll never forget seeing the glow of Gaylord at night from Bluebell circle. Now the area is so damn contaminated you cant bull jack sh*t on it. There are so many monitoring wells in the area I can walk three feet and find five or so.
Bill Says

United States

#3 Jul 17, 2013
A perfect place to build Low AND Middle Income housing.

Contamination is no problem for Siino and Associates.

It is no problem for Contra Costa Count. The choke off points are in perfect spots. For citizen containment.

The only need is to move in more people. Preferable low income. An at least colored. A few more Mexicans will help. They eat most anything.

A bit of contamination, will be n problem...
Say what

Houston, TX

#4 Jul 18, 2013
Good riddance that gaylord container is gone in Antioch. That place had more safety violations than carter had pills.
George

Des Moines, IA

#5 Jul 19, 2013
Sounds like a "PATO" Pot hole.
Gay George lover

Pittsburg, CA

#6 Jul 20, 2013
George wrote:
Sounds like a "PATO" Pot hole.
My butt-hole is aching for you babe!
Someone

Pittsburg, CA

#7 Jul 20, 2013
they will build section 8 high rises so the reggin influx of antioch will be complete, for there is no /vigs in that area,,,,,for now.
G man

Perry, IA

#8 Jul 20, 2013
Gay George lover wrote:
<quoted text>
My butt-hole is aching for you babe!
In Mexico the "Receiver go to Prison". You are telling the world what You are.
Emperor Bomb

Pittsburg, CA

#9 Jul 20, 2013
G man wrote:
<quoted text>
In Mexico the "Receiver go to Prison". You are telling the world what You are.
Yes, the Russian prison documentary. Much rarer than your standard American TV fare, there's little in this world scarier than an overcrowded Russian prison. Brimming with gangs divided by weird, regional, and ethnic distinctions the rest of the world can only half-understand, Russian prisons make American penitentiaries look like Science Museum lock-ins. The documentary above, Mark of Cain by Alix Lambert, uses inmate tattoos as an entry point into the life of Russian prisoners--which basically consists of eating gruel, getting beat up, freezing, and getting inked up with your own urine. Go to the 45 minute mark for the pee part.
enlighten us Emperor Bomb

Dallas, TX

#10 Jul 20, 2013
please, more info on this russian prison!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brentwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a Word ~ Add a Word (Nov '11) Sun Princess Hey 5,012
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) Sun Princess Hey 4,878
Reviving Stivers Academy? (May '11) Sun Kristy 62
Livermore Music Thread (May '13) Sun texas pete 61
Music Thread (Oct '12) Sun texas pete 128
News Council to discuss Zephyr Grill & Bar opening a... Nov 17 Pole Climber 1
News Antioch Council unanimously approves Rocketship... Nov 17 Jamie 1

Brentwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance