Livermore Homeless Refuge

Livermore Homeless Refuge

Posted in the Brentwood Forum

looking for volunteers

Livermore, CA

#1 Nov 10, 2012
My name is Sandra Chesterman, I am the Director of Operations for The Livermore Homeless Refuge. I am writing this post in hopes of recruiting new volunteers to help run The Livermore Homeless Refuge. We ar a non-profit, 100% volunteer based organization designed to provide a place for the homeless in Livermore to sleep on nights when the temperature drops below 40 degrees or when rain is in the forecast. I am in need of 8 volunteers per night in order for us to be able to open our doors to the homeless. We are open from 6pm until 7am the next morning and we rotate between 4 local Livermore churches. Please check out our website www.livermorehomelessrefuge.org to sign up or to contact me.
Thank you for taking the time to read my message.
Tax Payer

United States

#2 Nov 12, 2012
How bout GET THEM THE HELL OUT OF LIVERMORE!!!!
blessed4

Montara, CA

#3 Nov 12, 2012
Really if you feel the need to be negative and a homeless basher, why don't you go to the other forum. Stay off this one, where good people with kind hearts are going to be.

xxGamerxx

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#4 Nov 12, 2012
Tax Payer wrote:
How bout GET THEM THE HELL OUT OF LIVERMORE!!!!
Don't be so cruel and have a heart. You never know it could be yourself in need one day.
MikeC

Union City, CA

#5 Dec 10, 2012
Hi, My girlfriend and I have been homeless in livermore for the past year, we have had a temporary lace to stay during the storms thankfully, but will not within the next few days and will be back on the streets, I had 2 questions how can we find out when the warming shelters will be open and where at, and although I probably already know the answer, we have a little pup and I wanted to find out if there is anywhere open where the three of us can get out of the cold, we normally stay in a tent but it doesn't do much to keep out the cold, anywhere indoors would help, even a hallway near a door would be amazing, regardless we appreciate the help people like you and the church's provide it is literally life saving,
thanks
Mike
It is simple

Syracuse, NY

#6 Dec 10, 2012
What I understand is this - If you are homeless, what are you doing with a dog??? If you can't provide a home for yourself, how can you provide for a dog? No shelter will take in a dog.

Since: Mar 11

Livermore 94551

#7 Dec 10, 2012
It is simple wrote:
What I understand is this - If you are homeless, what are you doing with a dog??? If you can't provide a home for yourself, how can you provide for a dog? No shelter will take in a dog.
I've always thought the same thing. But now that I'm an adult with my own home, and recently adopted two kittens, I understand it's for companionship. My boyfriend's job requires him to work until around midnight two, sometimes more, days a week. And those two kittens really have become my best buds. It sounds like Mike has his girlfriend with him, but imagine a homeless person all alone, all the time. That dog is really the only thing they have.
Lisa

Livermore, CA

#9 Dec 11, 2012
Ssophiiee wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always thought the same thing. But now that I'm an adult with my own home, and recently adopted two kittens, I understand it's for companionship. My boyfriend's job requires him to work until around midnight two, sometimes more, days a week. And those two kittens really have become my best buds. It sounds like Mike has his girlfriend with him, but imagine a homeless person all alone, all the time. That dog is really the only thing they have.
Pets are "nice to haves" not requirements. It makes sense that one would work to take care of himself BEFORE taking on additional responsibilities i.e. children and pets who deserve stable, safe homes and steady, healthy meals.

Since: Mar 11

Livermore 94551

#10 Dec 11, 2012
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>Pets are "nice to haves" not requirements. It makes sense that one would work to take care of himself BEFORE taking on additional responsibilities i.e. children and pets who deserve stable, safe homes and steady, healthy meals.
What if they had the dog before they became homeless?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brentwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Meet Livermore Police Department's Newest Officers (Mar '16) 14 hr ThinasJ 6
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) Wed Princess Hey 4,843
News Woman Accused of ID Theft, Registering Fraudule... (May '08) Wed Shawn S 43
The Spot Bar and Grill (Aug '12) Wed texas pete 6,763
Facebook: Livermore Rants and Raves. come join (Jan '16) Jul 18 Joanne Alexander 15
Arlene Goodrich Jul 18 escrow 1
Old School Autoworks (Jan '10) Jul 17 RLCC 35

Brentwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brentwood Mortgages