Probation officer suspended for shoot...

Probation officer suspended for shooting at fleeing car | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 48 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Mar 14, 2011, titled Probation officer suspended for shooting at fleeing car | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A Fairfield County Municipal Court probation officer has been suspended with payfrom his $45,344-a-year job, accused of firing his court-issued hand gun at a car that hit a utility pole Friday night and left the scene.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
HAHA

Columbus, OH

#1 Mar 14, 2011
He now has a history of mental illness....diagnosis...great big ego..thinking he's above the law.
Chains

Philo, OH

#2 Mar 14, 2011
Hey, you moron... What would've happened if that bullet would have ricocheted and hit somebody??? Just you're typical LEO (PIG) from Lancaster! They all think they're 10 feet tall and bulletproof...
Rogio

Marysville, OH

#3 Mar 14, 2011
Dumba s s!
republicrat

Columbus, OH

#4 Mar 14, 2011
reminds me of this time i was a police officer, i was chasing this guy finally he ran outta gas, when i asked him why he ran he said a few years ago his wife ran off with a police officer and he thought i was bringing her back.
Approach Control

Chillicothe, OH

#5 Mar 14, 2011
Stick that guy in prison just like they would your son if he discharged a gun at a person in the same situation. But, he'll go free because he's a law enforcement connected person.
republicrat

Columbus, OH

#6 Mar 14, 2011
Chains wrote:
Hey, you moron... What would've happened if that bullet would have ricocheted and hit somebody??? Just you're typical LEO (PIG) from Lancaster! They all think they're 10 feet tall and bulletproof...
we all know who wrote you a ticket.
John Blutarsky

Columbus, OH

#7 Mar 14, 2011
Only fired 1 round? Was that all he was allowed to carry in his pocket for emergencies?
I Know

Columbus, OH

#8 Mar 14, 2011
Suspended "With Pay". In the private sector, we call that "vacation". If he did something wrong enough to get suspended, why is he still getting paid?
Its About Time

United States

#9 Mar 14, 2011
I Know wrote:
Suspended "With Pay". In the private sector, we call that "vacation". If he did something wrong enough to get suspended, why is he still getting paid?
5 letter word, starts with "u" and ends with "n".
lucy

Chicago, IL

#10 Mar 14, 2011
Approach Control wrote:
Stick that guy in prison just like they would your son if he discharged a gun at a person in the same situation. But, he'll go free because he's a law enforcement connected person.
If you check lancaster's municipal court website any one who gets in trouble they be ordered to pay a fine and then jail time then the Stupid ass judge suspends the sentences so basically get arrested then you get off scotch free!!!!!!
Westerville43081

Sterling Heights, MI

#11 Mar 14, 2011
I would like to know what kind of training this individual has, and what type of training is required for him to carry a gun. Maybe someone could shed some light on the situation. Meanwhile, stay away from PO's with guns.
Fred

Columbus, OH

#12 Mar 14, 2011
I was just shootin' my gun to make like a loud bang so its mights scare him....honest Andy.

And this guy is responsible to look after criminals. Kinda like the hen watching the chicken coop or something like that.
barney fife

Columbus, OH

#13 Mar 14, 2011
gimme another bullet, andy!
naptys

Sardinia, OH

#14 Mar 14, 2011
Well now he can go to florida for spring break with the state tropper that just got suspended with pay.Why are all police and court officials get suspended with pay.And the gov. thinks teachers make to much this guy makes more for sitting on hia ass all day.Isnt this the same county that just had a judge retire at 121,00 a year for life with 100% medical.

Since: Mar 09

Columbus, OH

#15 Mar 14, 2011
If he is a probation officer in the mental-health court, shouldn't he be carrying coloring books instead of a gun?
bunk

United States

#16 Mar 14, 2011
Approach Control wrote:
You are right, he will get off , b.c he is an employee of the courts. he sure as hell isnt a COP like he thinks he is , I didnt know running into a telephone pole constitutes being shot at, but I guess it does in Hickcaster. your comment is right on target
Topper

Columbus, OH

#17 Mar 14, 2011
He had no police training???...Not even Ohio CCW training???.....
They think he's qualified to carry a gun because he's a probation officer???
Well' after all, he IS a licensed social worker
Crack Head

Marion, OH

#18 Mar 14, 2011
Hey everybody, calm down and smoke some crack.
Its About Time

United States

#19 Mar 14, 2011
lucy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you check lancaster's municipal court website any one who gets in trouble they be ordered to pay a fine and then jail time then the Stupid **** judge suspends the sentences so basically get arrested then you get off scotch free!!!!!!
They "be getting" tequila instead of "scotch" too? lol
The Truth

Columbus, OH

#20 Mar 14, 2011
Police fire shots at fleeing none felony vehicles more often then we the public realize. If someone is struck, they claim they feared for their lives... How can you be harmed by a fleeing car???
Then they'll run out in front off a vehicle thats attempting to flee so that they can say with honesty their life was in danger.
We must abide by our laws to keep our communities safe. But on the other hand Fleeing should not constitute a death sentence.
Officers hold the power of instant death on their utility belt... They're suppose to be more responsible then the criminals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bremen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alt Right Fight Club 🤔 6 min BIzzyBee 1
Democracy is stronger than Bannon thought... ... 7 min Batch 37 Pain Is ... 19
America Held Hostage Day 96 10 min Unimpressed Thus Far 37
News Clerk shoots back 3 hr Waikiki Vermin 3
Art imitates the Columbus Topix forum 4 hr Nigel Harrumph 2
Poll Do you support Affirmative Action? (Oct '12) 5 hr Oliver Canterberr... 148
An ORKIN Ad Dressed Up As News 5 hr Oliver Canterberr... 2

Bremen Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance