Bob Dyer: Big Toyota dealership owner...

Bob Dyer: Big Toyota dealership owner riding around in style

There are 25 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Aug 21, 2008, titled Bob Dyer: Big Toyota dealership owner riding around in style. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

Ken Ganley bought himself a new vehicle the other day. Now, what do you suppose a guy like him would choose? Maybe a Mercedes SLK 55, the sleek roadster he sells at his booming dealership on East Market Street ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
In my opinion

United States

#1 Aug 21, 2008
Where is the picture?
what the heck

Akron, OH

#2 Aug 21, 2008
In my opinion wrote:
Where is the picture?
Who cares? This isn't even a story.
what the heck

Akron, OH

#3 Aug 21, 2008
In my opinion wrote:
Where is the picture?
I mean, who cares that a guy bought a golf cart?

“I'm as Mad as Hell...”

Since: Mar 07

Your Neighbor & Friend

#4 Aug 21, 2008
what the heck wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares? This isn't even a story.
LOL. Funny.

The real story is that Ganley has stuck with their east Akron location, in spite of the surrounding noise, squalor, and never-ending road repairs. In the meantime, the various dealerships on V. Odom are just about all heading down to Green or beyond (not that anyone could blame them).

I appreciate Ganley sticking with our side of town, and I value their service.

Your loyal customer, Ken,
HB Jr.
City Worker

Dayton, OH

#5 Aug 21, 2008
The use of golf carts on the streets of South Bass Island works very well--of course, there are very few cars on that island, also.
Appraisit

Barberton, OH

#6 Aug 21, 2008
Howard Beale Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Funny.
The real story is that Ganley has stuck with their east Akron location, in spite of the surrounding noise, squalor, and never-ending road repairs. In the meantime, the various dealerships on V. Odom are just about all heading down to Green or beyond (not that anyone could blame them).
I appreciate Ganley sticking with our side of town, and I value their service.
Your loyal customer, Ken,
HB Jr.
Here, Here...Howard...agreed with regard to staying on the East side, it's been a tough haul for many businesses in that area........have bought several cars over the years at Ganley and have always been treated fairly....but the story does seem to be a little over the top...about some rich guys customized golf cart...yea, little over the top for some average Americans !
MrX

Youngstown, OH

#7 Aug 21, 2008
he better watch the tires he might get a 'hole-in-one'
cloverfield

Brunswick, OH

#8 Aug 21, 2008
what the heck wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed...I read this story to see if there was more to it, or just a story about a guy buying a golf cart. Good for him, but I wouldn't exactly consider newsworthy...
its a slooow day

Strongsville, OH

#9 Aug 21, 2008
at dyer dog walks. Maybe ganley will give dyer a ride ..don't walk...to bow wow beach. Better use city streets and stay away from o-dot.
Tired of it

Akron, OH

#10 Aug 21, 2008
No wonder he is never #1 on Google's list.
Appraisit

Barberton, OH

#12 Aug 21, 2008
cloverfield wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed...I read this story to see if there was more to it, or just a story about a guy buying a golf cart. Good for him, but I wouldn't exactly consider newsworthy...
Me thinks Dyer got a free one year lease on a new Toyota for the free advertisement.....

“Ignorance=a curable condition.”

Since: Jan 08

United States

#13 Aug 21, 2008
what the heck wrote:
<quoted text>
The guy who drives a Porsche and writes the article must have. It still mystifies me that they pay Dyer for the drivel he writes.

“Watch out, I might be angry...”

Since: Sep 07

North Ghetto Hill

#14 Aug 21, 2008
is anyone else concerned about the picture showing the guy holding his son ON HIS LAP??? moving vehicle, child on lap, is NOT safe...i don't care if it is in his neighborhood...a car hits them that kid flies...or if he has to brake quickly....NOT SAFE....
Appraisit

Barberton, OH

#15 Aug 21, 2008
Miss Tia wrote:
is anyone else concerned about the picture showing the guy holding his son ON HIS LAP??? moving vehicle, child on lap, is NOT safe...i don't care if it is in his neighborhood...a car hits them that kid flies...or if he has to brake quickly....NOT SAFE....
One word.....BUBBLEWRAP....put the kid in it now...

Since: Mar 07

Tulsa, OK

#16 Aug 21, 2008
Attaboy Dyer, this is the sort of award winnin' traffic reportin' we all know and love.

Bob?? Did I read that one comment correctly?? Y'all drive a Porch?

Does that Porch come with two old easychairs or with jes' one couch?
MC Pee Pants

Akron, OH

#17 Aug 21, 2008
I'm glad im not paying for this pitiful article. This story stinks like gorilla barf. Hope the deal Ganley gave you was worth your credibility as a writer. Oh wait you never had any. Dumb
Try reading it slower

Richfield, OH

#18 Aug 21, 2008
cloverfield wrote:
<quoted text>
Golf cart sales are up 30 percent nationally in one year. Golf carts are legal on some city's streets, not on others. It's more than one guy and his golf cart.
OhioLovesYaBaby

Richfield, OH

#19 Aug 21, 2008
He drives a Porche Boxter. Nice car. My wife has one too.

I'll let you figure out it out.
pumkin patch gal

Avon Lake, OH

#20 Aug 21, 2008
I grew up in the country and when my daddy put me on his lap and drove me to the field on his Ford tractor the whole world smiled with me.

The same thing in our old Studebaker pickup. Throw a few bales of straw in the bed and we had a rumble seat. Now that is against the law too.

We survived quite well. I can think of no place better than on the lap of daddy or gramps. God bless them.

At least Ganely's grandkids are not being held hostage in Israel.

P.S.
I want one of those golf carts. What a joy that would be. Probably runs better than the Chevrolet Vega I bought many years ago.
Duke for Mayor

Anaheim, CA

#21 Aug 21, 2008
another fine choice of subject matter from hacksaw bob, brought to you by the folks at the secondary ivory tower because they know it is more important to keep you distracted with drivel than to have you informed about local governmental backroom deals.

woof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bremen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reynoldsburg man dies after trying to get off I... 4 min Guido Fawkes 5
What's for lunch? 4 min Guido Fawkes 1
Donald Trump Administration 7 min Guido Fawkes 732
It's vewwy, vewwy quiet here 9 min Guido Fawkes 4
Governing Is Hard: Trumpcare Edition 11 min Guido Fawkes 2
United Airlines bans yoga pants 12 min Guido Fawkes 24
Protests against police brutality in Paris France 1 hr They cannot kill ... 4

Bremen Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance