Firefighter Charged With Drunken Driv...

Firefighter Charged With Drunken Driving, Leading Trooper On Chase | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

There are 144 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Jan 26, 2011, titled Firefighter Charged With Drunken Driving, Leading Trooper On Chase | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

A Columbus firefighter was arrested this week and was charged with drunken driving and leading an Ohio State Highway Patrol trooper on a small chase.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Fifth grader

Columbus, OH

#1 Jan 26, 2011
"Investigators said that Winegardner was driving on the wrong side of the room and an attempt to pull him over was unsuccessful."

Really?
KaSICK is an Idiot

Columbus, OH

#2 Jan 26, 2011
Winegardner was driving on the wrong side of the room and an attempt to pull him over was unsuccessful.
His vehicle was eventually stopped, troopers said.

not sure how they got two vehicles in one room?
Fire Him

Denver, CO

#3 Jan 26, 2011
Fire this loser. Let's just see if the firefighters union tries to protect him.
There is no way he should be working as a fireman with 2 drunk driving events on his recort,
Isn't the fleeing police a felony?
Yep

Chillicothe, OH

#4 Jan 26, 2011
It's nice to know you both do not make mistakes. It must be a burden to be in such a self highly poised position in your lives to take the time to post such things. Well,... good for you. Good for you.

In the mean time keep an eye out for your own mistakes. Although unlikely to occur it could happen.

Yep
Linda

Jamaica, NY

#5 Jan 26, 2011
Gee, how could he be driving on the wrong side of the room when he was drunk driving? was he in his house driving drunk?
wendylynne

Columbus, OH

#6 Jan 26, 2011
how do you drive on the wrong side of a "room"??
abc

United States

#7 Jan 26, 2011
Fire Him wrote:
Fire this loser. Let's just see if the firefighters union tries to protect him.
There is no way he should be working as a fireman with 2 drunk driving events on his recort,
yea it is a felony of the 3rd and the 4th degree but since it was a firefighter he will get a lil slap on the hand ,keep his job , and even get a raise

and lmao room are you serious?

PROOFREAD
ohio

Columbus, OH

#9 Jan 26, 2011
He was playing NASCAR 2010 and speeding in the pit lane.
JAL

Columbus, OH

#10 Jan 26, 2011
Yep - so you think he mistakenly drank and then mistakenly got into his car and drove? Nope, it was not a mistake. It was two deliberate actions.
GTFO

Bowling Green, OH

#11 Jan 26, 2011
Fire Him wrote:
yes it is. it will reduced down i'm sure after he tells a sad sob story in court. he'll say he has a drinking problem and life is hard being paid to work for 24 hours(including sleeping, going to a call, several meals, exercise, video games, etc...) and then being off for 48 hours. everyone makes mistakes but two OVIs in a few years is careless. sounds like termination is in order but it won't happen.
Old timer

Lewis Center, OH

#12 Jan 26, 2011
Typo mistakes are common....Big deal,I say not! Other folks have nothing to do but pick.....their noses!

“Time traveler”

Since: Apr 10

At large

#14 Jan 26, 2011
He will be punished way more than a law enforcement officer ever would.

What he should have done is run home and not come out until after the two hour limit, like that vice cop did in Grove City a couple years ago.
rowdy1

Jackson, OH

#15 Jan 26, 2011
wendylynne wrote:
how do you drive on the wrong side of a "room"??
He's the guy who crashed into the laundromat?
The Captain

Springfield, OH

#17 Jan 26, 2011
I only hope he wasn't on the phone or texting or he might get off completely by blaming the phone company
Spelling

Columbus, OH

#18 Jan 26, 2011
You put down "driving on the wrong side of the room" ??
bill

Columbus, OH

#19 Jan 26, 2011
wrong side of the room lol Typo :0)
Theresa

United States

#20 Jan 26, 2011
Oh I feel so bad for the person who typed this article...I am an Administrative Assistant and am mortified when I don't catch a typo...lighten up people...
Shameful

Westerville, OH

#21 Jan 26, 2011
2 DUI's should be enough to take this guy off of being a firefighter.
The fleeing is the icing on the cake to get him out.
However, having a union to defend him, most likely they will support him and attempt to have him keep his job.
This is a huge problems with unions. Protectionism at all costs.
Once they start weeding out their bad apples, then the rest of us can digest union a little better.
saram

United States

#22 Jan 26, 2011
Unlike MOST of you this man will more than likely loose his job over this. And his certification of being a firefighter. Would you loose your ENTIRE career over a similar offense? Firefighters hold to a code of ethics. I'm sure his will be judged harshly beyond what anyone of you can imagine. Nevermind those years of running into fires, seeing burned & injured people, cutting bodies from cars, saving what lil a family may own. No, what he did was not right but faced with the job stress as they do..it is understandable..So ALL OF YOU without mistakes & errors in YOUR life..keep on judging others..
michael

Chicago, IL

#23 Jan 26, 2011
OMG ohhh no... someone getting arrested for being a firefighter and drinking... lets make this headline news... Jesus people get over it... you cant leave your house with out getting arrested or pulled over anywhere in the usa. All these laws. what happened to 20 years ago where u get a little slap on the wrist and maybe a night in jail... Now you do something thats "fun" and your life is ruined because of some dumb ass laws..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bremen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Columbus abortion clinic scrambling to stay open 11 min BIzzyBee 83
America Held Hostage Day 101 13 min BIzzyBee 2
Obama 18 min Just Asking 2
Should Liberas Pay For Climate Change Crapola? 23 min Otto The Orkin Man 3
America Held Hostage Day 100 48 min Pope Che Reagan C... 35
List of Trump Accomplishments for "We the People" 1 hr Reality 15
MS-13 is a Threat to America 1 hr Duke for Mayor 11

Bremen Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance