Owner Fires Shots, Scares Off Burglar...

Owner Fires Shots, Scares Off Burglar | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

There are 78 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Jul 17, 2011, titled Owner Fires Shots, Scares Off Burglar | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

A man is accused of trying to steal from a Fairfield County business, but escaped with nothing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Leroy Says

Lucasville, OH

#1 Jul 17, 2011
And remember, when you are being attacked, robbed, or threatened by an unwelcome intruder and SECONDS count, the p o l i c e are only MINUTES away...... another fine reason for CCW...of course, in your own home, you don't need a license to carry a gun...

“Time traveler”

Since: Apr 10

At large

#3 Jul 17, 2011
If the time comes that a firearm is necessary then it should be used for what it is, otherwise the bad guy could take it away from you and use it on you.
trh

Naperville, IL

#4 Jul 17, 2011
I agree Leroy, defend then call. Shoot a few in each neighborhood and word will get around. We need to keep an eye on each other and go out to meet our neighbors. I have found that alone will keep the teens out of trouble. I know the parents and we talk.
Captain

Springfield, OH

#5 Jul 17, 2011
If you would take the time for a littl target preactice you wouldn't miss. If you hit him then it's finders keepers and you can plant him in the back yard like a stray cat. If it's a thief then I think you need to leave thier head above ground and lower the mower blade - but your county might be different
USA

Conway, SC

#6 Jul 17, 2011
Now thats how you getter done. If every american would do that there would be no more criminals.
Vox Populi

Canal Winchester, OH

#8 Jul 17, 2011
Leroy Says wrote:
And remember, when you are being attacked, robbed, or threatened by an unwelcome intruder and SECONDS count, the p o l i c e are only MINUTES away...... another fine reason for CCW...of course, in your own home, you don't need a license to carry a gun...
Actually you don't need a license to carry a gun at all as long as it it not concealed.
don

Portsmouth, OH

#9 Jul 17, 2011
Was the robber white or black? Is this question too offensive for some of the news readers for me to ask?
Vox Populi

Canal Winchester, OH

#10 Jul 17, 2011
don wrote:
Was the robber white or black? Is this question too offensive for some of the news readers for me to ask?
They showed his picture on the newscast last night. He was white, if that helps you.
45 cal

Columbus, OH

#11 Jul 17, 2011
Leroy Says wrote:

( i had a family member charged with ccw in his own home, he was sitting in a chair and the weapon was under the cusion he was sitting on.)
45 cal

Columbus, OH

#12 Jul 17, 2011
a thief is a thief , no matter wat his skin color,so yea that was a pretty dumb question.
jeff

Columbus, OH

#13 Jul 17, 2011
Vox Populi wrote:
<quoted text>
They showed his picture on the newscast last night. He was white, if that helps you.
Well they still work on that fear idea. Now they don't tell you if they are white or black... This lets your fear run wild with you.... same effect. Unless?? Now that you know what they do! When you read the next few stories... You will see what I'm talking about....
jeff

Columbus, OH

#14 Jul 17, 2011
45 cal wrote:
<quoted text>
( i had a family member charged with ccw in his own home, he was sitting in a chair and the weapon was under the cusion he was sitting on.)
HE said CARRY a gun in the house... NOT HIDE A GUN. That's what a CCW permit is. The licence lets you HIDE the GUN. Or it needs to be in PLAIN SITE!! That's why you don't need a CCW permit to OPEN CARRY your gun all up and down your street!! Walk where ever you want! No Government buildings!! If you carry your gun in a cowboy holster style or what they call it today as a (tactical leg holster).. Or a shoulder holster... It just can not be covered with a coat!! You don't need a CCW permit. You need the CCW permit to drive with it on your leg/shoulder loaded... when you drive your car!!!
jeff

Columbus, OH

#15 Jul 17, 2011
I got my CCW permit.... You better get yours...
don

Portsmouth, OH

#16 Jul 17, 2011
Vox Populi wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You
jack frost

Thornville, OH

#17 Jul 17, 2011
He should of just put a bullet in him. he would not of been able to run off then. I say protect yourself and your property. forget the robber
K Stemen

Columbus, OH

#18 Jul 17, 2011
In Fairfield county where these two incidents happened, there have been severel home invasions and numerous robbery and beatings. Times have changed Mr. Phalen... We are constantly hearing about the Sheriff's dept. being stretched and over burdened and understaffed. It's a sad,sad situation when the criminal has so many more rights than the innocent homeowner. This peticular suspect has a felony conviction with prison time under his belt already. According to court records, he recieved early release from prison. Now Mr Phalen... Is this the fault of the public or of the county and justice system. It seems you had your chance the first time you had him, Now dont fault the public for picking up the ball that you and your fellow justice warriors dropped. I have known the bremen buiseness owner my entire life. He is one of the finest christian residents that fairfield county has. When the public is faced with the fear of the dangers that is growing everyday in this world, You cant fault the residents for not taking much comfort in Fairfield County's "hit and miss" justice and law enforcement. Keep up the good work homeowners!!
HYPERGFORCE

Columbus, OH

#19 Jul 17, 2011
Nothing is ever going to change this one basic Fact.You have the right as a american to protect yourself and your property.Thugs,punks and scum will do what you let them do.Its time to stand up and fight for what you have worked so hard for to own for you and your family.
Unrepentant Cynic

Defiance, OH

#20 Jul 17, 2011
The sheriff says, "Get a license number." And I say, "What good will that do?"
The sheriff and every other cop in the country will tell you this:
Just because you have a license plate does not prove the person driving the car was the person who owns the car, and therefore we cannot accuse the owner of being the perpetrator.

Just shoot the thief. Then call 911.
You don't need a permit to exercise your right to self-defense, your right to life or your right to your private property. A thief is violating your rights and so is the government when it tells you a right can only be exercised with their permission. If you need a permit, it cannot be a right; it is being transformed and converted from a right into a privilege. Don't buy it.

It's always better to be tried and judged by 12 of your peers than it is to be carried by 6 of your friends and family.
rowdy1

Washington Court House, OH

#21 Jul 17, 2011
45 cal wrote:
<quoted text>
Then he must have been under weapons disability for "whatever" reason. You can hide a gun in your underwear and it's not the cops' business unless you have committed a crime.
Col Hannibal Smith

Columbus, OH

#22 Jul 17, 2011
AAAhhhhahahahaha.How great is that? Stealing wheels off of a dodge.Dodge is nothing but junk.What's worse is when a person throws good money away to buy junk like dodge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bremen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Max and Erma's-Downtown Read More 4 min They cannot kill ... 6
Hillary's speech.. 18 min Free Pizza 4 U 95
News Columbus man pleads guilty to trespassing and a... 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 8
British vote to leave EU - Stock Markets rocked 2 hr Duke for Mayor 16
News How 'Smart City' Columbus plans to tackle inequ... 2 hr They cannot kill ... 3
News Former Dispatch publisher John F. Wolfe dies at 72 3 hr Contrarian 3
Jacqueline Remington (Jun '13) Jun '13 p545hdu 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bremen Mortgages