First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Haralson County Voter

Villa Rica, GA

#1 Oct 15, 2011
Re-Elect Eddie Mixon for sheriff. He has my vote!
Bremen Citizen

United States

#2 Oct 15, 2011
I will agree. Eddie is the best man for the job. Great guy and he will be getting my vote too.

Since: Aug 11

Atlanta, GA

#3 Oct 16, 2011
Stacy Williams has my vote
Concerned Citizen

Carrollton, GA

#4 Oct 16, 2011
an irate taxpayer wrote:
Stacy Williams has my vote
Tell me what platform he is running on. What is he going to do different from the current sheriff. The only thing I have heard is that he plans on starting a drug unit that we don't have the money for. Where is he going to get a couple hundred grand to start a new unit when Haralson County doesn't even have enough money to keep enough deputies in the communities where they should prioritize their services.

Don't give me the It will pay for itself argument. It takes capital outlay costs to start a new unit and there is no guarantee it will seize large sums of cash. Besides, if it is getting the drugs off the street and not fishing for cash, it won't pay for itself.

Iwant to know specifically what Williams is going to do to make my community safer.

“"They can't eat me!!"”

Since: Jun 11

Mayberry

#5 Oct 16, 2011
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me what platform he is running on. What is he going to do different from the current sheriff. The only thing I have heard is that he plans on starting a drug unit that we don't have the money for. Where is he going to get a couple hundred grand to start a new unit when Haralson County doesn't even have enough money to keep enough deputies in the communities where they should prioritize their services.
Don't give me the It will pay for itself argument. It takes capital outlay costs to start a new unit and there is no guarantee it will seize large sums of cash. Besides, if it is getting the drugs off the street and not fishing for cash, it won't pay for itself.
Iwant to know specifically what Williams is going to do to make my community safer.
I can tell you what he will do different. He will actually be a sheriff to his community. He will not talk and make all of these unfulfilled promises that Mixon has. Stacy Williams will shock all of you doubters when he is elected Sheriff. Stacy Williams has alot of votes.. Good Luck Mixon
Wow

Bremen, GA

#6 Oct 16, 2011
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I have asked the same question and what I was told is that he plans on running a more proactive department in that they will focus as much on preventing crime as they do responding to and solving crimes that have already occurred. I do not know how many deputies the department currently has but I don't see them too often and I have never seen one with a car pulled over.

I think Williams, if elected, should make the department more visible to the citizens. Deputies should operate in a manner that invites input from community relating to the goings on. A good relationship with the public is extremely important in that a large number of crimes are solved with the public's help.

Regarding the "drug unit", anyone who gave the argument that it will pay for itself had to be referring to the fines from traffic enforcement as the seized assets cannot be used to pay salaries. Seized drug proceeds can be used to further enforce drug laws by purchasing equipment used by police or paying for training. Starting an interdiction unit is not a horrible idea, however, I'd rather see a proactive patrol unit working the side streets within the county first before working the interstate.

As it stands now, our sheriff's office is almost invisible and I'd like to see that change. Whether Williams can or will do that remains to be seen.
Concerned Citizen

Carrollton, GA

#7 Oct 17, 2011
government56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell you what he will do different. He will actually be a sheriff to his community. He will not talk and make all of these unfulfilled promises that Mixon has. Stacy Williams will shock all of you doubters when he is elected Sheriff. Stacy Williams has alot of votes.. Good Luck Mixon
I have only been in Bremen a couple of years. so I don't know either one. What promises has the current sheriff made that he did not fulfill?

From what I read in the papers, Haralson County can barely pay it's bills. If there isn't money to cover basic services, you can't fund new programs. I don't see how Williams can change that. He can't print new money like the feds.
Concerned Citizen

Carrollton, GA

#8 Oct 17, 2011
government56 wrote:
<quoted text>
You did't answer the question. I want to hear his plans for specific changes, not vague political rhetoric. If he doesn't have specific goals and plans, he won't be any better than the current sheriff.
Haralson County Voter

Villa Rica, GA

#9 Oct 17, 2011
Williams can have 35 trucks in the parade and 200 people walking for him but that means nothing. Mixon for Sheriff. He's the best man!
My Opinion

Stockbridge, GA

#11 Oct 17, 2011
Williams wasn't a state trooper. He was a process officer who picked up suspended drivers licenses. He left that to be a capitol police officer before going to Carrollton.
Buying the boot camp and not using it is becuase of the commissioners. They rushed out and got it but they couldn't afford to pay for the renovations, so we are spending $2200 a month in tax payer money for nothing. That wasn't Mixon's decision.
I think the deputies need to stay off the interstate and patrol the county roads. If they are going to do traffic enforcement, they need to be on the back roads protecting the local folks. Then maybe they could catch some of the thugs stealing everything us decent working folks work hard to get.

“"They can't eat me!!"”

Since: Jun 11

Mayberry

#12 Oct 17, 2011
Williams will put the Deputies where they need to be. He will have a find unit sorta like carroll county that is just for DUI and drug interdiction while having the reasonable amount of deputies needed to cover the county. It will take some time but I believe Williams will get grants for programs that the county has needed for a while. Williams will be very proactive and you wont just see him when a man gets thrown into a well and the media floods the area and runs straight to mixon. Everyone has different opinions though so we will see what everyone thinks come election time

“17 time middleweight champion ”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#13 Oct 17, 2011
government56 wrote:
Williams will put the Deputies where they need to be. He will have a find unit sorta like carroll county that is just for DUI and drug interdiction while having the reasonable amount of deputies needed to cover the county. It will take some time but I believe Williams will get grants for programs that the county has needed for a while. Williams will be very proactive and you wont just see him when a man gets thrown into a well and the media floods the area and runs straight to mixon. Everyone has different opinions though so we will see what everyone thinks come election time
I wonder if he will treat outlaws the same kind way they were always treated at his dad's auto body shop? There has always been a fine collection of ne'er do wells hanging around there, which is why I never used them even if their estimate was lowest. It seems a man of the law would've had his family's business above reproach first.
My Opinion

Stockbridge, GA

#14 Oct 17, 2011
government56 wrote:
That sounds good for campaign speeches, but he cant's start any new units if the county is broke. Carroll County doesn't have grants for their HEAT unit any more because the grants are drying up. I would like to see a reasonable number of deputies covering the county. That needs to be the priority.
ItsU

Villa Rica, GA

#15 Oct 18, 2011
Keep your bubble gum! We don't want it, lol! You will not be the sheriff! I promise!
Just Me

Bremen, GA

#16 Oct 18, 2011
Haralson County Voter wrote:
Re-Elect Eddie Mixon for sheriff. He has my vote!
Regardless of who gets in office,hope they put a stop to all the drugs in Haralson County.Dang,it almost makes a Carroll County gal wanna go home!
(But She does love Haralson County!)
Miranda

United States

#17 Oct 19, 2011
Rec league baller wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if he will treat outlaws the same kind way they were always treated at his dad's auto body shop? There has always been a fine collection of ne'er do wells hanging around there, which is why I never used them even if their estimate was lowest. It seems a man of the law would've had his family's business above reproach first.
Dang rec, people gotta work, unlike you everyone doesn't get a check from the gov every month. So I guess you are saying that once they are bad they are always bad, no re-form? Rec I think you are a bad/poor judge of people. Obviously you paid a lot of attention to the people there. Did you run their names thru NCIC, did you finger print them? Did you yourself arrest them? Did you preside over their trail as a judge? Did you sentence them? Yeah, I didn't think so. Why do you (and a few others) want to drag ppl into your own little pathetic world? You do nothing but sit behind your computer and run your mouth. You say you have did this that and the other, yet there is no proof. Rec, hopefully no one will ever know who you are, because then if they do, you and your "fairy tale" life of what you have done and how thou are will come to a sudden and tragic stop. Until then though, keep on with your views, heck real people have gave their lives for your freedoms, hope you tell em thanks.

“17 time middleweight champion ”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#18 Oct 19, 2011
Miranda wrote:
<quoted text>Dang rec, people gotta work, unlike you everyone doesn't get a check from the gov every month. So I guess you are saying that once they are bad they are always bad, no re-form? Rec I think you are a bad/poor judge of people. Obviously you paid a lot of attention to the people there. Did you run their names thru NCIC, did you finger print them? Did you yourself arrest them? Did you preside over their trail as a judge? Did you sentence them? Yeah, I didn't think so. Why do you (and a few others) want to drag ppl into your own little pathetic world? You do nothing but sit behind your computer and run your mouth. You say you have did this that and the other, yet there is no proof. Rec, hopefully no one will ever know who you are, because then if they do, you and your "fairy tale" life of what you have done and how thou are will come to a sudden and tragic stop. Until then though, keep on with your views, heck real people have gave their lives for your freedoms, hope you tell em thanks.
Thanks for the lesson on morality, fairness, civics, and general governance. Yet nowhere do I see you dispute the fact that nefarious types were hanging out around there. I do believe in rehabilitation, for most crimes, but I'm also aware of the recidivism rates so despite my idealistic beliefs regarding people turning over a new leaf I generally allow my mind and common sense to overrule my bleeding heart.

Back to the fairy tale, where did those Snow White and Cinderella blow up dolls go? It amazes me how things get lost here in mom's basement, wait I mean home.
bremen resident

Stone Mountain, GA

#19 Oct 20, 2011
The drug problem has gotten horrible since Mixon took office. It's time for a change

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#20 Oct 20, 2011
Does the region have any type of support program for individuals with drug problems?
webster

United States

#21 Oct 20, 2011
Guardian 009 wrote:
Does the region have any type of support program for individuals with drug problems?
Yes, it's called jail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bremen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 hr jeb stuart 93,962
Will Eidson whining 4 hr Biggers 1
Growing up in Tallapoosa. Then and now. Share y... 4 hr Jericho Ed 9
Wannabe Dictator Trump makes his first move Sun I wobble sometimes 17
apartments i bremen that cops love to go to (May '10) Feb 18 Detective 6
bruce thomas (May '06) Feb 15 Rebel 99er 4
Ragin' Wings - EPIC FAIL !!!! Feb 11 abc 9

Bremen Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bremen Mortgages