What is wrong with our law enforcement?
disgusted

United States

#4297 Mar 4, 2009
TxHeffa wrote:
<quoted text>I was told by a reliable source that Dan Young is sitting in for now.
I was too right after i posted my question asking who.
Thoughts

Austin, TX

#4298 Mar 4, 2009
Shai Berry wrote:
I've known Jim a long time and I have shaken his hand and hugged his neck many times. When the rumor of his resignation started floating around I called him and asked about his plans. He flat out lied to me. He flat out lied to everyone that waisted their vote on him. When someone who really wanted the job for more than just paying the light bill could have gotten those votes and already had a chance to start making a change in Stephens County, it's a shame! That is your example of money going to waist. Why run for an office you aren't 100% committed to? He agreed to a job for 4 years and we got 4 months. I am not ashamed to say how I feel about this. I understand paying the light bill, but I don't get broken promises to your community. I knew Ron W. was serious about being Sheriff. I knew we had made a mistake when I saw our youth cry about the outcome. I've never seen school children and teens so upset over a local election. It wasn't because they knew Ron's kids, it was because they knew Ron.
I feel betrayed by someone that my family has voted for and supported for years. I will say it again, it is time for a change in our law enforcement. Whether we like change or not, it is going to happen. Shouldn't we as citizens pay attention to the opportunities to voice our opinions in the changes that are inevitable?
Well Jim, best of luck to you.
Ron W. Are you ready to be Sheriff of Stephens County? Are you ready to listen to what the tax paying citizens think are the priority crimes that we want you to consider when your preforming your duties? I really don't have to ask these questions because I already know the answers. That's why I voted for him in November and that is why I will vote for him again.
As for the identity of Fedupinbreck, It really doesn't matter to me anymore, I know if Fedupinbreck/Sam is involved in the community, our paths will cross eventually. If fedupinbreck/Sam is BB/Joe that will definitely reveal itself. I am Shai Berry and I am listed. I know I believe in loving my neighbor and being kind and just to all people not just the one's I would sit with on the front pew Sunday morning acting like I knew what love was. Love is not caring what your real name is, but praying you find the peace or answers you are here looking for. Love is saying, I hate Holt's actions that brought me to my knees in sorrow, but I forgive him and know he has a hard road ahead to pay for those actions. I know love is praying that he and his family hold God's hand as He walks with us all toward the light of truth and justice.
Justice For Mike!
How do you know he lied? It could very well be that something in the last 4 months changed! I think instead of jumping to conclusions we should stand back and see what is REALLY going on. What right do any of us have to judge him? Yes, he is an elected official and the public deserves an answer and if not he is also a human like you and me and could have bigger things going on than any of us know. I am not trying to be rude nor will I argue or calls names, I just think we should not judge others, as it is not our place.
disgusted

United States

#4299 Mar 4, 2009
Thoughts wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know he lied? It could very well be that something in the last 4 months changed! I think instead of jumping to conclusions we should stand back and see what is REALLY going on. What right do any of us have to judge him? Yes, he is an elected official and the public deserves an answer and if not he is also a human like you and me and could have bigger things going on than any of us know. I am not trying to be rude nor will I argue or calls names, I just think we should not judge others, as it is not our place.
Actually, he did lie. It was all planned. I'm not bashing him either so do not take me the wrong way. He knew what his plans were before the elction. He just couldn't say anything because he would have ended up screwed if brenda wouldn't have won. He had to lie to protect himself. That is politics people. If everyone would have known what he was up to then he wouldn't had this job to fall back on if she hadn't won. But she did so now he's gone. And maybe this Young guy will do us right. I have heard nothing but good things about him.

“Justice For Mike!!!”

Since: Jan 09

Breckenridge

#4300 Mar 4, 2009
I know he lied because I talked to him and he lied to my face. I am not judging him, but he lied to my face.

breckenridge ,tx

#4301 Mar 4, 2009
Maybe Jim figured that if he did tell anyone he was stepping down..it would end up on Topix? I'm sure he has his reasons. Like disgusted said..IT'S POLITICS!!!
What The Heck

South San Francisco, CA

#4302 Mar 4, 2009
Shai Berry wrote:
I know he lied because I talked to him and he lied to my face. I am not judging him, but he lied to my face.
Shai I am not saying this in a mean tone so I hope you do not take it that way. I understand that you asked him and he told you that he was not stepping down but what explanation does he owe you? His desire to change jobs is HIS business. If he started telling people that he may be leaving or may be staying the rumor mill would run wild. I understand the elected part and all of us who voted for or against him, but people change jobs all the time whether its by choice or not. He owes nobody any explanation. Once again not in a mean tone or hurtful tone towards you.

“Justice For Mike!!!”

Breckenridge

#4303 Mar 4, 2009
Yes, it is politics. I still don't see why politicians get a free pass when it comes to lies.
Like I said, It was not right to run for sheriff if he was only waiting to see if something better comes along. I will ask Jim about it when I see him. I am not trying to make him look bad, But I expect honesty from our law enforcement when it comes to their duties to this county. I am upset that he chose to handle this in this manner. Politics or not, I have a right to be mad about someone that lied to my face straight to my face.
That doesn't make me hate him or wish him any ill will. I would feel the same about any one that lied to me.
Thoughts

Austin, TX

#4304 Mar 4, 2009
Shai Berry wrote:
Yes, it is politics. I still don't see why politicians get a free pass when it comes to lies.
Like I said, It was not right to run for sheriff if he was only waiting to see if something better comes along. I will ask Jim about it when I see him. I am not trying to make him look bad, But I expect honesty from our law enforcement when it comes to their duties to this county. I am upset that he chose to handle this in this manner. Politics or not, I have a right to be mad about someone that lied to my face straight to my face.
That doesn't make me hate him or wish him any ill will. I would feel the same about any one that lied to me.
Are you 100% sure that he lied? How do you know what has happened in his life in the past 4 months? Our lives can take a 180 in a matter of days. I think he should be given respect for servering for all the years he has. Why not give him the benefit of the doubt until you know the truth?

“Where are all the sane people?”

Since: Nov 08

Breckenridge,Texas

#4305 Mar 4, 2009
Shai Berry wrote:
I would like to know how me supporting Ron W. is unchristian? I want you to go back and find one unchristian post of mine. I know days after Mike's death, I told "rawhide" I'd like to kick his a**, but other than that...how have I been unchristian? Why are you so upset that I support Ron W. He has done nothing to me or anyone I know. I've said it before, if you know something to change my mind, say it. Until then, I have no reason to not trust him. How does any thing I have said make me a hypocrite? What is it I have said to you or any one else for you to say such things to me?
Obviously, 48% of Stephens County think the same as I do about Ron W. and that was before Jim Reeves decided to give up on this community 4 months into his current term? Are they all hypocrites too?
Bob, I meant no harm to you in my post. In fact, I see nothing about it that should have upset you. I have never claimed to be a perfect Christian, but I do love my neighbor. I do not get your hypocrite comment, care to explain your name calling?
Justice For Mike!
I do not see that you have been hipocritical in any way at all and I have been here since the beginning. I think Bob is just mad for whatever reasons he may have and wanted to make some big stupid comment before he left. I doubt however that he is gone. He will probally just come back with a different screen name still not joined to topix, just here to keep things stirred up. I think he was wrong about fedup there in Breck. realized it and now feels like a dumbass. No matter what he says, you know he will be back. People always come back they cant help it, hell iv'e told myself I was done back when rawhide was being so rude, but you just gotta come back to see what everyone has said, then you read something you strongly agree with , or that just really ticks your tocker and then there you go responding to it.
disgusted

United States

#4306 Mar 4, 2009
Thoughts wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you 100% sure that he lied? How do you know what has happened in his life in the past 4 months? Our lives can take a 180 in a matter of days. I think he should be given respect for servering for all the years he has. Why not give him the benefit of the doubt until you know the truth?
Once again he did lie, and he has known about this for a while. That is the truth. It was a strategy. No one should be upset or have any hurt feeling about it though.
And Shai..you seem really upset. Not to be mean but what did you expect? Are you two really that close? He is law inforcement but he is also a politician. That is his job and his life. He has to look out for his number 1 which is him. If he would have told you the truth then his strategy wouldn't have worked.
I know that you are honest standup woman but don't expect everyone to treat you with the same respect you have.

“Where are all the sane people?”

Since: Nov 08

Breckenridge,Texas

#4307 Mar 4, 2009
TxHeffa wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sure how long it has been since you have lived here.. I have stated my name several times. I don't know if you know any of the Wades..But I am Cheryl Wade..Tony Wade's wife. His dad is James Wade.
I remember the chick that used to work at e-z mart with the real long hair, and the fella that lived on the corner of 7th and Smith. And his asshole sons, but I dont recall one of then being named Tony. I do believe James has a brother, right? I cant believe that I cant remember his name though.It's been 7 almost 8 years now. But I still go back to see all my family. I was there just last week matter of fact.

“Justice For Mike!!!”

Breckenridge

#4308 Mar 4, 2009
OK, before the election, there were rumors of him not really wanting to be sheriff, but wanted to make sure he had another job in his pocket before he gave up that position. He denied the allegations and ran any way. By doing so, he was saying to his supporters that he was going swear to the duties of that position for the term of that position. Then, after the election rumors again about the letter of resignation that was predated swarmed the blogs and local coffee shops. I spoke with him and he said he was not resigning nor did he have any intentions of ever doing so.
Now, he is resigning and I'm getting flack over being upset about being lied to. I feel he owes the whole community an explanation for deceiving them. That is how I feel right now after hearing this news. Maybe something did come up in his life, all I know is what I am experiencing and what I know as one citizen that has grown up here with Jim Reeves as my Sheriff for many years and I guess it just really bothers me that he had several chances to explain what his intentions were. Talk about benefit of the doubt, like you said, people change jobs to better their career every day. You don't think this community would be understanding of that? After all. how many years did he serve this County? Don't you think the voters had a right to know that who they are voting for may not be who their sheriff is? He doesn't owe an explanation? Really? Not even to any of the citizens that gave their vote to him?
Like I said, I love ya Jim, but I feel betrayed that you lied to my face. I am hurt as a citizen and a friend. I'm glad my Daddy wasn't here for this, it would have shattered the image he viewed of you. I'm sorry, I don't want to be disrespectful in any way, but I've always been honest with you so why start hiding how I feel now.
Good luck with your new career. I want every one to be happy, but it seems to me, in this case, you were only thinking of you and that makes me sad.

“Justice For Mike!!!”

Breckenridge

#4309 Mar 4, 2009
Yes, I guess I am upset. More like really bothered. We have known each other a very long time, but no we didn't hang out on weekends. He has been a neighbor and just a part of every day life in Breckenridge for a long time.
I guess I just will never understand. I handle things my way and he handles things his. It doesn't stop the feeling of betrayal when someone lies for any reason.
My feelings are posted, sorry if you don't agree.
They are only my feelings. They were not meant to be disrespectful.
Thoughts

Austin, TX

#4310 Mar 4, 2009
You nailed it Shai, RUMORS.........sorry, I think you are a really great person. I just don't agree. It will be the one time we will have to agree to disagree.
disgusted

United States

#4311 Mar 4, 2009
Thoughts wrote:
You nailed it Shai, RUMORS.........sorry, I think you are a really great person. I just don't agree. It will be the one time we will have to agree to disagree.
Rumors?? Maybe your right. I was just thinking that his deputies and a couple others might know the real story. So would they just gossip about him like that? For real?

Don't take this the wrong way. I'm trying to see both sides. I'm not being a smart@##.

breckenridge ,tx

#4312 Mar 4, 2009
FED UP IN ODESSA wrote:
<quoted text> I remember the chick that used to work at e-z mart with the real long hair, and the fella that lived on the corner of 7th and Smith. And his asshole sons, but I dont recall one of then being named Tony. I do believe James has a brother, right? I cant believe that I cant remember his name though.It's been 7 almost 8 years now. But I still go back to see all my family. I was there just last week matter of fact.
That would be Johnny that has the sons..One is Billy Bob and the other is JW...They are tony's cousins. Tony Can be an ass..Like most men..LOL
Thoughts

Austin, TX

#4313 Mar 4, 2009
disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Rumors?? Maybe your right. I was just thinking that his deputies and a couple others might know the real story. So would they just gossip about him like that? For real?
Don't take this the wrong way. I'm trying to see both sides. I'm not being a smart@##.
I agree it should be seen on both side, I was saying Rumors of before he was elected. I just know from experience how fast something can happen in life that changes things in a blink of an eye. Just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt that something happened that caused this suddenly, just because I have so much respect for him and years he has served this community. I really don't think Brenda would ever go along with something like that.

breckenridge ,tx

#4314 Mar 4, 2009
Running for a public office is not cheap. IF Jim Reeves did know that he was not going to be Sherrif for long, then he needs to pay all the people that supported his campaign back! Shai, I understand that you are upset that he did not tell you about this...But you are dwelling on it way too much. People lie..Period. Friends lie to friends. Unfortunately, we just have to put our "big girl" panties on and deal with it.

“Justice For Mike!!!”

Breckenridge

#4315 Mar 4, 2009
I wasn't dwelling on it. I just kept having to explain my feelings about it over and over.
I am not a Jim Reeves basher! I just have an opinion about the way this was handled. I just thought I knew him better than that. Your right, people lie, but I can still be mad about it. Doesn't mean I won't get over it or that I dwell on it. It's over and I didn't like it. OK?
disgusted

United States

#4316 Mar 4, 2009
Thoughts wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree it should be seen on both side, I was saying Rumors of before he was elected. I just know from experience how fast something can happen in life that changes things in a blink of an eye. Just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt that something happened that caused this suddenly, just because I have so much respect for him and years he has served this community. I really don't think Brenda would ever go along with something like that.
Well I was just going by what the other deputies and people were saying today. I just figured the deputies would know the truth. They are human though so you may be right. They could just be gossiping.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Breckenridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Run off Election May 17 Jesse 2
Former school teacher arrested May 15 Kat 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 14 Jack 993
Breckenridge PD (Dec '08) May 11 Jack The Ripper 183
Run off May 11 Bill 3
Re~Elect Sheriff Billy Wade May 10 Resident 29
What do you think of Trammel? (Jan '13) May 1 A no body 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Breckenridge Mortgages