Newly Elected Sheriff
Man Breckenridge

Arlington, TX

#64 Nov 28, 2012
I agree that Wade should never get into the position of Sheriff, drinking and carring a service revolver does not go together and neither does a high temper.
I hope this is investigated to the end and leave Dan Young in as Sheriff. If it is pushed under the rug, all our county commissioners should be replaced as well as our new district attorney. The Breckenridge PD has had a bad reputation since the shooting that resulted in the death of a young man on North Court Street several years ago. This makes it even worse.
little old lady

Abilene, TX

#66 Nov 28, 2012
am i correct ,that the county attorney in breck.was a big support of wade? also moorehart.
a big party at moorehart;s funeral home was going on while the election resuals were being posted.they said the wade signs were many at these two places. also heared some of youngs signs were
riped up and throw in the trash. sounds like they were scared. i think if the voters of stephens co. would start a pettion,with a bunch of registered voters signing it might keep wade out. call for a new election.something needs to be done.the people will have to do there part, if they want to get to the bottem of this.either that are you'll will be stuck with wade!!!!!!
little old lady

Abilene, TX

#67 Nov 29, 2012
katab gave more on the news last. the co.attorney
name,is in the story.why did he give advice?TO THE deputy.
Hate that town

Palmer, TX

#68 Nov 29, 2012
The news quoted CA Trammel as saying he didn't know Wade that well? Trammel has known Wade for many years and was one of his biggest campaign supporters! Trammels office looked like Billy Wade for Sheriff headquarters! Trammel telling the responding deputy to keep his dead down and stay quiet, that stinks of cover uup if you ask me!
Concerned

United States

#69 Nov 29, 2012
If there was any question as to whether Gary Trammel was elbow deep in a cover up to save his man's job as sheriff I think we officially have an answer to it!! This whole thing stinks to high heaven!! If Mr Trammel will lie about even knowing Billy what else has he been lying about? He just lost any credibility he had in this county. Hope he enjoys being run over by the Billy Wade Karma Train!
Who's next?
Hate that town

Palmer, TX

#70 Nov 29, 2012
Ed Russell is the only smart one, doing everything he can to stay out of the way. Coming forward and agreeing to be interviewed on camera puts him in a positive light. There are still some questions I would like to hear him respond to but in time I am sure he will answer them all honestly. If everyone is honest during the Rangers investigation I would dare to guess that formal charges will ultimately be filed against Wade. Stay tuned.
KarmaCalling

United States

#71 Nov 29, 2012
Well, as of yesterday, Ms Peavy our new DA still has not contacted the Texas Rangers bc she feels theres no criminal case! SERIOUSLY MS PEAVY! Cmon Stephens co people..get on her butt..
KarmaCalling

United States

#72 Nov 29, 2012
Oh and Gary saying he didnt really know WaDe..HAH! total b.s. He had 14 signs posted at his office supporting Billy..He got him into the Lions Club and sponsered him for the Elks Lodge..But Gary will have more pressing issues coming up real soon..yall wait and see..Gary is so in on this cover up..its very obvious. If Jennifer Adams and Bruce Hays are covering up this incident (which ive heard they have) they dont need to be peace officers either!
Hate that town

Palmer, TX

#73 Nov 29, 2012
DA Peavy "feels" there is no criminal case? How about assigning the TX Ranger for that area, Shane Morrow, to do his job and ask all of the necessary questions to all of the key players involved. Then he can report back to DA Peavy and a proper determination then can be made wether or not a crime has been commited. IMO if Adams felt the need to deploy her tazer then something illegal had transpired between her and Wade. DA Peavy needs to do the right thing and appoint the Ranger. If not she is setting herself up to be grouped in with the rest of the "cover up".
little old lady

Abilene, TX

#74 Nov 29, 2012
some one needs to call the attorany gen. office in austin.there maybe a way to keep wade out of office. a pettion might work. has to have a bunch of stpehens co.voters sign
KarmaCalling

United States

#75 Nov 29, 2012
In most criminal cases there has to be a victim to press charges..if she has chosen to cover up what really happened and doesn't want to press charges, then you have no crime. Of course most of us know differently but I'm guessing thats how Peavy sees it. I whole heartedly agree that a Ranger investigate but if she does not forward it, then this is where it stops. Unless that petition is filed. I'm certain Wade will be sworn in because Peavy is dragging butt and an investigation vould take awhile..so be prepared for the crappiest run Sheriffs Office in Stephens Co history if this fool takes over..and he's bringing his coverup buddy Hays with him.
Mana

Abilene, TX

#76 Nov 29, 2012
Whoever judged my comments as being clueless...you are the one that is clueless...Mr Billy Wade cannot manage his personal life much less be Sheriff. Cursing and being agitiated in public on or off duty is not a cime but it certainally is unbecoming conduct for a elected official.....being drunk in public and driving while under the influence will get people a go directly to jail card unless they get preferential treatment from a good ole buddy that happens to be a policeman or some other position such as DA !! if Mr wade allows his diabetes to be untreated and he becomes agitiated and curses how can he carry out his duties of office as Sheriff...will he curse out John Q Public, will he get into a physical confrontation what, if his judgement is impaired and John Q Public is not guilty of any wrongdoing but Mr. Wade cannot differientiate wrong from right because his blood sugar levels are inappropriate.
Hate that town

United States

#77 Nov 29, 2012
The State of Texas can always pick up charges against an offender in lieu of an actual victim/complainant. If the Ranger investigation determines that Wade commited a crime and Adams doesn't want to have charges filed, then the State should pick up the charges and proceed with a Grand Jury presentation seeking indictment.
Ol Grumpy

United States

#78 Nov 29, 2012
A Ranger is on the case.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#79 Nov 29, 2012
Mana wrote:
Whoever judged my comments as being clueless...you are the one that is clueless...Mr Billy Wade cannot manage his personal life much less be Sheriff. Cursing and being agitiated in public on or off duty is not a cime but it certainally is unbecoming conduct for a elected official.....being drunk in public and driving while under the influence will get people a go directly to jail card unless they get preferential treatment from a good ole buddy that happens to be a policeman or some other position such as DA !! if Mr wade allows his diabetes to be untreated and he becomes agitiated and curses how can he carry out his duties of office as Sheriff...will he curse out John Q Public, will he get into a physical confrontation what, if his judgement is impaired and John Q Public is not guilty of any wrongdoing but Mr. Wade cannot differientiate wrong from right because his blood sugar levels are inappropriate.
Don't worry about the Wade supporters...they stink for 1000s of miles away...right "stinky"?... If you are outraged that the DA or Rangers aren't doing what you KNOW needs to be done, have you given them YOUR first hand knowledge. If there is going to be a petition hiding behind made up names isn't going to work either. The majority of this town voted for Dee Peavy...she cannot prosecute something NO ONE is willing to come out of hiding to help. Adams n Wade ARE NOT the only two that can make this go forward. Flournoy's affadavit confirms THREE calls coming in between midnight and 12:30...the DISPATCHER spoke with RUSSELL twice before Adams distress call. There are numerous angles a DA can prosecute this issue from Abuse of Office, Official Misconduct, Interference with an investigation, Failure to investigate, destruction of evidence...IF the DA n Rangers don't push forward it is because RESPECTABLE people are afraid of people not agreeing with them. Just like someone calling Mana "clueless"...These bullies trying to keep this SECRET are losers...ONCE PEOPLE COME FORWARD WITH REAL INFORMATION PEAVY N THE RANGERS CAN DO THEIR JOB. Otherwise, those who don't come forward have no one to blame but their RESPECTABLE SELVES...CRIME like this can only grow in the dark...so shine your light and get this cloud over Breckenridge lifted. Take some pride in yourself and this town. Turn the tables and TURN ON THE FLOOD LIGHTS. Get off this site...meet with people you trust and go in pairs or groups to Peavy. I'm through with the hiding...Let's GO.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#80 Nov 29, 2012
Hate that town wrote:
Ed Russell is the only smart one, doing everything he can to stay out of the way. Coming forward and agreeing to be interviewed on camera puts him in a positive light. There are still some questions I would like to hear him respond to but in time I am sure he will answer them all honestly. If everyone is honest during the Rangers investigation I would dare to guess that formal charges will ultimately be filed against Wade. Stay tuned.
Ed Russell knew better than to remove Wade from the crime scene and dump him at home. Ed Russell should be prosecuted too. Russell's ploy to appear cooperative doesn't make him any less of a conspirator. All these crooked officials are about to go down, the first one to come forward with all the information may only have to serve a few years. There isn't a prison for corrupt cops n elected officials, they go to the same place all the other criminals go. The dispatcher and anyone else on duty that heard all that was going on and knows who tampered with the call logs are not going to quietly go to jail for the good ol' boys. The sky is about to fall...we will see who gets the ruby slippers then.
KarmaCalling

United States

#81 Nov 29, 2012
What the State "should " do and what "happens " is two different things..Billy is not fit for office and I'm doing all i can to make sure he doesn't get there or doesn't stay long there...There are many questions still left unanswered that the citizens of Stephens Co have a right to know! Keep that pressure on Chief Larry Mahan, DA Peavy, Co and city commissioners, and news media..That way something gets done and the "Good ole boy system" doesn't win again..
Hate that town

United States

#82 Nov 29, 2012
Ol Grumpy wrote:
A Ranger is on the case.
If that is the case then I can at least trust an outside law enforcement entity, especially one with the reputation as do the Rangers, to come in and conduct a thourough, complete, indepth, investigation that will provide all of the answers to all of the questions. Then it needs to be presented to a Grand Jury who will have the ultimate say as to what, if anything, criminally should take place against Wade. Even if nothing is done against him criminally he should not be able to take office. The office of Sheriff would require him to sign numerous legal documents where upon he swears to its truthfulness and validity based upon his own credibility. HE HAS NO MORE CREDIBILITY!!!
KarmaCalling

United States

#84 Nov 30, 2012
The DA has Not gotten a Texas Ranger involved yet!
Concerned

United States

#85 Nov 30, 2012
Even if the DA doesn't do her job the citizens of Breckenridge can do theirs!! File a petition with the district court that this man is not fit to be sheriff! The clock is ticking folks! If someone doesn't stand up and do something this man is going to be running our sheriff's office! Do you really want your safety in his hands?
Whether or not there is sufficient evidence to prove that Billy commited a crime that night against Ms Adams does not preclude the fact that it has been reported by multiple sources that he was INTOXICATED!!! Not only was he intoxicated in public, but he got beind the wheel of a vehicle that night as well! That should be automatic grounds for removal from the office of sheriff on its own.
Ktab reported that the taser darts have been recovered from the scene. Have those been turned in as evidence to the proper authority?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Breckenridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
High School and Junior High principals (Mar '15) Dec 8 Born here 3
Baker (Mar '17) Nov 22 Resident 5
druggies Nov '17 breckenridge resi... 1
Football Coach (Sep '09) Nov '17 breckenridge resi... 114
want to cause problems ,,,,,,, I got you Nov '17 green 1
Gossip (Jun '14) Oct '17 Intheloop 4
What’s the scoop? Oct '17 Crypticmood 1

Breckenridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance