Newly Elected Sheriff

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#41 Nov 27, 2012
Justme wrote:
Mr. Wade did have his loaded gun on him. If you have a concealed handgun licenses and have your gun on you and drunk, you will loose the right to carry a gun.I also heard that Mr Wade and Adams were living together, if this is true then the least that should come out of this is a domestic violence charge therefore he would loose his peace officer license.
EVEN IF they were living together...he attacked an on duty officer...he was DRUNK, beligerant, combative AND armed...he should loose his carry permit, and peaceofficer license. thank GOD hays is gone...only a dozen more felons on the payroll to get rid of.
little old lady

Abilene, TX

#42 Nov 27, 2012
hope ktab keeps this story alive. stephens co.ppeople need to call anyone outsde of the dept.that can do something. attorney gen.office in
austin.
Hate that town

La Vernia, TX

#44 Nov 27, 2012
We are not gossip mongers nor witch hunters! What we are are seekers of justice and all that is right! We can not sit back and allow for this type of behavior in our elected officials to be tolerated! This community has enough of a bad reputation as it is and to allow Wade to take office would only make it worse, if that is even possible. No one said that "everyone" in Breckenridge is bad, it is those people, the good ones, who need to ensure that the right thing is done in this instance. Enough is enough people!
Curious

Jacksboro, TX

#45 Nov 27, 2012
Is Billy Wade married??
Hate that town

La Vernia, TX

#46 Nov 27, 2012
Yes and so is the female officer.
little old lady

Abilene, TX

#47 Nov 27, 2012
Hate that town wrote:
Yes and so is the female officer.

are you sure the female is married?havn;t heard
that before.
Concerned

Lockhart, TX

#48 Nov 27, 2012
olstinkypuss wrote:
Wow! You people are gossip mongers and witch hunters. How sad that you live and thrive to judge and criticize everyone else. If you weren't there, you do not know what actually happened, but can and do speculate and spread rumors. Even Ktab can't get names right. Not everyone in Breckenridge is worthless nor is all that work in the city or courthouse corrupt. No one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes -- some just won't admit it.
Riiiight. Because I'm sure that Wade would be placed on administrative leave and the case handed over to the Texas Rangers based purely on speculation and rumors. Gosh, I didn't know that the DA and Texas Rangers were also the rumor patrol! Silly me!
You're right about one thing: no one really knows what happened between Billy Wade and Jennifer Adams that night other than Billy Wade and Jennifer Adams. But anyone who has listened to that call for help made over the radio can draw a reasonable conclusion that Ms Adams wasn't calling a fellow officer to the golf course so he could have tea and crumpets with her and Billy. She was panicked and scared in that radio transmission. SOMETHING happened to cause her to call a county commissioner in the middle of the night to come to her aid. SOMETHING happened to cause her to radio for help, potentially outing whatever activity they had met at the golf course to hide. And SOMETHING happened that caused her to possibly use force against Mr Wade.
Let me join you in lala land for a minute.
Even if there was no altercation between the two, as you seem to be so sure of. Suppose I even buy the load of lies that is the "Billy was off of his insulin" excuse. There are still questions of Mr Wade's conduct that remain. Why would he, not only an elected official but also an experienced peace officer, get behind the wheel of a vehicle that night? Surely Mr Wade has pulled enough bodies out of mangled vehicles to know very well the dangers of driving impaired, insulin or no insulin.
How can we expect a man who can't even take care of himself to run an entire department? If this guy can't even be bothered to take a medication he knows he needs on a regular basis how in the world is he going to head the Sheriff's Office?
And last but not least... Pray tell WHY is a supposedly happily married man meeting a female who he's been rumored to be having an affair with in a secluded area in the middle of the night? Don't try to tell me they were just "talking". You can talk in the Walmart parking lot.
There are WAY too many questions on the part of Mr Wade's conduct, ethics and morals to just chalk this whole incident up to rumors and be done with it.
And yes, I'm aware nobody is perfect. I never claimed to be. I, however, am not in or running for public office. When Billy made the decision to run for Sheriff he willingly put his personal life and conduct under a huge spotlight. He deserves every bit of scrutiny he's getting right now.
I would also question how someone could call themselves a good person and continue to publicly support a man who conducts himself in this manner. If I had supported Billy Wade in the past you can bet that I'd be putting as much distance as I could between myself and that sinking ship after this incident came to light. What's that saying about lying with dogs?...
Curious

Jacksboro, TX

#49 Nov 27, 2012
What a mess. What kind of a role model is Billy Wade? An unmedicated, drunk diabetic. Cheating on his wife and engaging in domestic disputes with his girlfriend in a public place. I'm sorry but that's just GROSS. I thought getting out the last crooked sheriff was a good thing for Breckenridge. Now I am thinking this is no improvement.
Hate that town

La Vernia, TX

#50 Nov 27, 2012
If adams isn't married I believe she is living with a man and I know in a relationship with him. Well spoken "Concerned"! I couldn't agree with you more!

Location hidden

#51 Nov 27, 2012
Good to find this link. Anyone with first hand knowledge of this scuffle between Adams n Wade need to give the info to [email protected] Unless the DA can get enuf evidence to build a case this whole mes wil stay under the rug. Mahan's report is vague about an 'altercation' at the golfcourse. Nothing about the fact of an on duty female officer and a drunk off duty detective who was whisked away by a newly elected commissioner. Mahan also does not mention the use of mace and a tazer by Adams. Adams is not married and has an apartment which she lives in alone. I spoke with her neighbors. All peavy has are irrate calls about the "incident". No one is giving real info. Come on...all names and info will not be disclosed until a full investigation is completed. IF peavy gets enuf info all evidence including names and interviews will become part of the trial. OR if a case is not made to prosecute any of these bozos the closed case files will become public record and open to anyone who requests to see what peavy found. The TxAG, FBI, Rangers can only come in at the request of peavy. Peavy is investigating this to the best of her ability but unless we step up to the plate we are dead in the water. This investigation can go on for 3 years before the statute of limitations kicks in. In the meanwhile, peavy needs enough info to keep Wade from taking office and your name will be confidential until the end of the investigation which will likely take a year or better. I have given my statement. Fear is the greatest partner for injustice and corruption. When people stop hiding and confront the wrong doers - the scum will crawl bk under their rocks. This is a great forum for discussion but you have to contact DA Peavy with all you know.

Location hidden

#52 Nov 27, 2012
olstinkypuss wrote:
Wow! You people are gossip mongers and witch hunters. How sad that you live and thrive to judge and criticize everyone else. If you weren't there, you do not know what actually happened, but can and do speculate and spread rumors. Even Ktab can't get names right. Not everyone in Breckenridge is worthless nor is all that work in the city or courthouse corrupt. No one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes -- some just won't admit it.
if u dont hv anything to add to the conversation butt out..you seem to be doing a pretty good job of judng urslf stinkypuss. your name says it all.
little old lady

Abilene, TX

#53 Nov 27, 2012
olstinkypuss wrote:
ed russell was called for a reason.he knows what happened.this is not the first time wade put his hands on this officer.not all in breck.are corrupt only some. wade can't make mistakes,like you
said no one is perfect, but a policeman can't make dumb mistakes
like that one, if he ends up killing someone,will that just be a mistake too.i have lived a long time and have seen things you young have not.
little old lady

Abilene, TX

#54 Nov 28, 2012
read the abliene paper on line this a m.the paper findley has a report about the breck. mess. not to detailed. ed russell is holding out,he knows more.
Man Breckenridge

Arlington, TX

#55 Nov 28, 2012
Over the past several years our local Police Department has had a bad name and within the Department numerous law officers have bad reputations. I think some of our citizens have just about decided after this last incident that maybe our law inforcement needs to be run by one department and that ONE Department would be by Sheriff Dan Young. I now him and I trust him. Let most of the Police Department go and take the remaining good officers and combined them with the Sherriff Department and let that department take care of the town of Breckenridge and all of Stephens County. I hope the rangers do a VERY good investigation and charges are filed.
little old lady

Abilene, TX

#56 Nov 28, 2012
Man Breckenridge wrote:
Over the past several years our local Police Department has had a bad name and within the Department numerous law officers have bad reputations. I think some of our citizens have just about decided after this last incident that maybe our law inforcement needs to be run by one department and that ONE Department would be by Sheriff Dan Young. I now him and I trust him. Let most of the Police Department go and take the remaining good officers and combined them with the Sherriff Department and let that department take care of the town of Breckenridge and all of Stephens County. I hope the rangers do a VERY good investigation and charges are filed.
that sounds like a good plan!!!!
Mana

Abilene, TX

#58 Nov 28, 2012
I would be concerned for Billy Wade to be the Sheriff he clearly cannot manage his life very well, all incidents reported by newspaper in Breckenridge, KTAB and statements by people that live in Breckenridge it's clear a married man Billy Wade and a coworker were having an affair and whatever disagreement transpired at the Country Club in the middle of the night....the fact remains Billy Wade has been described by responding officer as appearing to be intoxicated in public, he drove himself there (DUI) but good buddy Russell drove him away I guess to help cover up the incident that was not logged by responding officer Hays as ever happening.A diabectic without insulin for ten days give me a break...where was the medical help he would have needed? I hope the Texas Rangers do investigate and have the guts to do something about this. If nothing is done all the employee's in the sheriffs office better jump ship before Billy Wade ruins thier careers!!!!!!
No name

Breckenridge, TX

#59 Nov 28, 2012
I am new here in town, do you think that Wade will still be allowed to take the Sheriffs position?
KarmaCalling

United States

#61 Nov 28, 2012
He will unless Texas Rangers get involved.If they do not do anything, Wade will be sworn in. A petition for removal from office can be filed by any citizen who has lived in Stephens Co for the last 6 months. You must go to District Clerks office to do this. I'll say it again ya'll, if nothing gets done, then this is the person you will have to deal with for FOUR YEARS! He didn't even make it to the swearing in ceremony before screwing up..Imagine him trying to run an office and jail? There's only so many times Ed Russel and Gary Trammel can try and save him...But no worries..Gary Trammels next in line..just wait and see.:)
NoOpinion JustTheFacts

Weatherford, TX

#62 Nov 28, 2012
Look for yourself www.klxkradio.com
KarmaCalling

United States

#63 Nov 28, 2012
And i certainly agree that Sheriff Young should take over the PD and be run as one department..many communities are doing this now. .He has run the Sheriffs office very well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Breckenridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Re~Elect Sheriff Billy Wade Jun 17 Corina 33
Caleb Hodges Jun 15 Ron 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun 13 robert 994
Run off Election May '16 Jesse 2
What is wrong with our law enforcement? (Nov '08) May '16 Chris 7,753
Former school teacher arrested May '16 Kat 1
Breckenridge PD (Dec '08) May '16 Jack The Ripper 183
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Breckenridge Mortgages