Hornets lose again.
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

“Go get educated”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#1 Sep 1, 2012
Thanks to Phil Willard, the once proud Chillicothe Hornet football tradition is now a thing of the past. After last nights 26-6 drubbing by Kirksville, the once mighty Hornets are now 0-2 to start a season for the first time since 1984.

Losing, sloppy play, and players running around seemingly oblivious to where they are supposed to be on the football field is fast becoming a new tradition at CHS. The offensive line play is absolutely atrocious. These guys act as if they don't even know if they are supposed to be run blocking or pass blocking. It's not their fault. It's just a matter of poor coaching. We have ZERO defense. Good grief, Donald Simkins at 63 years old could penetrate our defensive line and run for a touchdown. Again, poor coaching.

Mr. Willard has only gotten first place in the MEC one time since becoming head coach in 1998. One time in 14 years. That's just not good enough for Chillicothe Hornet football. In addition, things just aren't getting any better. Sixth place a couple of years ago, 5th place last year, and now Willard has managed to assemble possibly the worst team in the history of Chillicothe Hornets football.

Either Mr. Willard has lost the attention of his players or he is just too darn stupid to make the necessary changes needed to play winning high school football. Either way, he needs to go. We need to get David Fairchild in here so we can start winning again.

FIRE WILLARD NOW!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mayor McCheese

Leavenworth, KS

#2 Sep 1, 2012
Or, maybe our kids are just not athletic. Bob Fairchild, hell Vince Lombardi couldn't make these kids into a decent football team. Doesn't make them bad kids, just makes them a bad football team.
Kids have to WANT to be football players, not just go out for a sport because their daddy wants to relive his glory days through his kid.

and why in the hell would Dave Fairchild leave the great program he's built up at Hamilton to coach here. Yet another dipstick comment from good ole B & E Boob.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3 Sep 1, 2012
I agree Bob. This once proud and feared football program has become everyone's Homecoming. I have heard and read that the kids just don't care but I believe that is BS. Year after year of losing seasons has to be blamed on bad coaching.

Phil was a great player at CHS but that doesn't make him a good coach. He may be to nice to be a good coach. Fairchild instilled a certain amount of fear and respect in his players and the proof is in the pudding.

There are some of you that don't like the Fairchilds but they are winners. Bob and his son Dave have won many state championships. Rich Fairchild( RIP) even won a few state championships in basketball at CHS. Folks, winning is in their blood.

Dave Fairchild would be a great coach at Chillicothe but I fear it's to late. Dave his in his late 50's and is very happy at Hamilton. I think he has lost one game in the last 4 years.

Coach Phil needs to fix the problem or go.It's time to restore a winning tradition back at CHS.

Traylor
#4 Sep 1, 2012
I agree its time to Fire Willard Now! Draft a petition and submit it to the schoolboard at this time!
guilty bystander

United States

#5 Sep 1, 2012
Firing a coach isnt going to suddenly going to make your offensive or defensive line suddenly 30-40 lbs larger per man. It isn't going to suddenly give you 4-5 more kids that can run 4.4, 4.5, 4.6 40s. It isn't suddenly going to give you a 6'5" athletic qb that can run the ball and pass the ball. It won't give you a fullback that can break 5 tackles on the way to a score. I'm sorry to say but you can only coach players up do much. At some point there has to be talent on the field. You can hide a few weak spots but not when they are everywhere. Have you actually seen the size of these kids? You have to have some talent at your skill positions and you must at least have the ability to hold a block for a couple of seconds to run the ball. The coach doesn't take the snaps. And no I'm not a player or a friend of any of the coaches or anything like that. Also I'm not saying a new coach is a bad idea. It could be good to get some new blood in here. What I am saying is don't be disappointed if it doesn't change things.

Btw in 2008 the hornets went 13-1 and were in opinion the best 3a team in the state that year that just simply had a bad day and some bad calls go against them that day. Had they won state that year would anyone care about what the team performed like for the next 10 years?
Big Mo
#6 Sep 1, 2012
What we need is a couple of players that are absolutely nuts on the football field and build around them!:)
Person

Liberty, MO

#7 Sep 1, 2012
Like I said if they win 3 games it will be a miracle this year. We have no size what so ever, no naturally big kids (Bland, Marriott, Smith) or weight room size. These kids don't want to get in the weight room and work on getting stronger. Give me 5 offensive lineman who are 220-250 and strong over a sloppy fat 315 kid. Problem is we don't have that except for the Whiteside boy. Phil's style of football does not fit the personell that he has on the field. With the speed of our skill players and Clampitt's are we need to be throwing the ball 25-35 times a game. Anyone remember the Cameron team of 2006? They weren't a whole lot bigger than our boys, but they ran an offense that worked for the boys they had. Until Willard goes and we get new blood in here. We will suck, the 3 running back T formation running it up the gut is a thing of the past. The spread offense is where it's at. Look at Mizzou you can still run the ball out of the spread. And before someone says Hamilton still runs it up the gut. Yes they do, but they have bigger kids than us. Plus they are playing in a smaller division, where normally the size is not there.
interesting

Chillicothe, MO

#8 Sep 1, 2012
Willard is the head coach, but the problems go far beyond him. Kids need to learn the basics early on.
Players have a lack of basic football knowledge and and that begins at the early grades. By the time Willard gets them, they should know how to block and tackle. If they don't have that ability by then, there's no hope. Youth and middle school coaches need to do a better job with the basics.

And finding a way to prevent having half the team injured by the end of week two would help.

I don't think a petition would get the school board to fire him. He has ten times the supporters as he does non-supporters.
Big Mo
#9 Sep 1, 2012
Person wrote:
Like I said if they win 3 games it will be a miracle this year. We have no size what so ever, no naturally big kids (Bland, Marriott, Smith) or weight room size. These kids don't want to get in the weight room and work on getting stronger. Give me 5 offensive lineman who are 220-250 and strong over a sloppy fat 315 kid. Problem is we don't have that except for the Whiteside boy. Phil's style of football does not fit the personell that he has on the field. With the speed of our skill players and Clampitt's are we need to be throwing the ball 25-35 times a game. Anyone remember the Cameron team of 2006? They weren't a whole lot bigger than our boys, but they ran an offense that worked for the boys they had. Until Willard goes and we get new blood in here. We will suck, the 3 running back T formation running it up the gut is a thing of the past. The spread offense is where it's at. Look at Mizzou you can still run the ball out of the spread. And before someone says Hamilton still runs it up the gut. Yes they do, but they have bigger kids than us. Plus they are playing in a smaller division, where normally the size is not there.
Student body left, student body right, it has become rather predictable. Today's Hornets have very little sting left in them and a change in coaching philosophy is whats required here! No offense Mr. Willard!
guilty bystander

United States

#10 Sep 1, 2012
Person wrote:
I agree knowing this is what we have they need to go to a shotgun no huddle spread type offense. They have some speed on the outside to catch and run.

Since: Nov 09

Excelsior Springs, MO

#11 Sep 1, 2012
Its too bad that with the new stadium, we didn't get some new, better players.

“Go get educated”

Location hidden

#12 Sep 1, 2012
Mayor McCheese wrote:
Or, maybe our kids are just not athletic. Bob Fairchild, hell Vince Lombardi couldn't make these kids into a decent football team. Doesn't make them bad kids, just makes them a bad football team.
Kids have to WANT to be football players, not just go out for a sport because their daddy wants to relive his glory days through his kid.
and why in the hell would Dave Fairchild leave the great program he's built up at Hamilton to coach here. Yet another dipstick comment from good ole B & E Boob.
Mayor McCheese wrote: Kids have to WANT to be football players, not just go out for a sport because their daddy wants to relive his glory days through his kid.

B&E: I'm sorry your daddy made you play football.

Mayor McCheese wrote: Or, maybe our kids are just not athletic.

B&E: Chillicothe just keeps getting larger, but its athletes just keep getting less talented. Lol! Does that make sense, you cheeseburger eating peasant?

Mayor McCheese wrote: and why in the hell would Dave Fairchild leave the great program he's built up at Hamilton to coach here.

B&E: Good point, why would anyone want to leave world-renowned football mecca Hamilton MO for a larger school with better pay. Lol! Are you retarded? Dave would take the head-coaching job at CHS in a heartbeat.

Mr. McCheese, please give my regards to your co-workers on the trash truck.
Mayor McCheese

Leavenworth, KS

#14 Sep 1, 2012
BandE Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Mayor McCheese wrote: Kids have to WANT to be football players, not just go out for a sport because their daddy wants to relive his glory days through his kid.
Mayor McCheese wrote: Or, maybe our kids are just not athletic.
B&E: Chillicothe just keeps getting larger, but its athletes just keep getting less talented. Lol! Does that make sense, you cheeseburger eating peasant?
Mayor McCheese wrote: and why in the hell would Dave Fairchild leave the great program he's built up at Hamilton to coach here.
B&E: Good point, why would anyone want to leave world-renowned football mecca Hamilton MO for a larger school with better pay. Lol! Are you retarded? Dave would take the head-coaching job at CHS in a heartbeat.
Mr. McCheese, please give my regards to your co-workers on the trash truck.
I do enjoy providing entertainment, so I'll continue to play along, boob.

McCheese: I'm sorry you're not sure who is your real your daddy.

McCheese: Boobie, could you please prove Chillicothe is getting larger? and what does the size of the town have to do with kids being good athletes? Example: St Joseph Central. That's a big town, and a big school, and they've sucked for years.

McCheese: Sure, just about everyone would leave a program that won back to back state titles and had a good play off run in the last three years. Then again, with the job a bottom feeder such as yourself has, just about anything probably looks better

B&E: Dave would take the head-coaching job at CHS in a heartbeat.
McCheese: Well surprise Boobie. I asked him this very question over the summer. He just laughed and said he likes it where he is.

So, go ahead and take another swing on the bottle, boobie. I'll look forward to another one of your half-hearted attempts at this nonsense. Really, "fire willard now!" that's the best you can come up with? you've lost your touch old friend.

:) and have a nice weekend!

“Go get educated”

Location hidden

#15 Sep 1, 2012
Mayor McCheese wrote:
<quoted text>
I do enjoy providing entertainment, so I'll continue to play along, boob.
McCheese: I'm sorry you're not sure who is your real your daddy.
McCheese: Boobie, could you please prove Chillicothe is getting larger? and what does the size of the town have to do with kids being good athletes? Example: St Joseph Central. That's a big town, and a big school, and they've sucked for years.
McCheese: Sure, just about everyone would leave a program that won back to back state titles and had a good play off run in the last three years. Then again, with the job a bottom feeder such as yourself has, just about anything probably looks better
B&E: Dave would take the head-coaching job at CHS in a heartbeat.
McCheese: Well surprise Boobie. I asked him this very question over the summer. He just laughed and said he likes it where he is.
So, go ahead and take another swing on the bottle, boobie. I'll look forward to another one of your half-hearted attempts at this nonsense. Really, "fire willard now!" that's the best you can come up with? you've lost your touch old friend.
:) and have a nice weekend!
McCheese wrote: I'm sorry you're not sure who is your real your daddy.

B&E: Sure I do. He's the guy that was always doing your mom. How you been doing, BRO?

McCheese wrote: could you please prove Chillicothe is getting larger? and what does the size of the town have to do with kids being good athletes? Example: St Joseph Central. That's a big town, and a big school, and they've sucked for years.

Yeah, Chillicothe has the same population as it did in 72. You really are a silly peasant. St. Joseph has four schools and Chillicothe has one. Lets see, if St Joseph would take the best players on each of their four teams and form one football team.....

McCheese wrote: I asked him this very question over the summer. He just laughed and said he likes it where he is.

B&E: The head coach at Brookfield MO would tell you the same thing, but he might consider the head coaching job at Alabama.

McCheese wrote: I'll look forward to another one of your half-hearted attempts at this nonsense. Really, "fire willard now!" that's the best you can come up with? you've lost your touch old friend.

B&E: FIRE WILLARD NOW! Glad to see you're back on Topix, NQS.

:)
Tough One

Chillicothe, MO

#16 Sep 2, 2012
These kids just don't get it. They've been patted on the back & babied so many times they are weak. Kids don't understand hard work. Kids, parents & even the community members have it easy, point your fingers at everyone else. It's the coaches fault. NOT the case. It's time for everyone to assume some responsibility and stop telling your kid they are #1. Stop telling them it's ok to lose. Start making them work hard. Why is it all these other schools seem to get it. Folks our kids are weak & LAZY. To play sports is hard work. It's not"Y" ball where we are all winners. Toughen up! These kids are lazy & don't work out to get their bodies ready to compete. We are soft. Obviously not working! Parents stop bitching because your kid doesn't get equal playing time. Stop making excuses for them. Teach them to work hard & have some self pride. Coaches can't make your kids a super star when the parents are as big of cry babies as the kids. Parents it starts with YOU! I'm a parent & I'm NOT going to raise wimps. The world is a tough place. It's not fair but it's the way it is. Prepare them!!
Person

Liberty, MO

#17 Sep 3, 2012
Tough One wrote:
These kids just don't get it. They've been patted on the back & babied so many times they are weak. Kids don't understand hard work. Kids, parents & even the community members have it easy, point your fingers at everyone else. It's the coaches fault. NOT the case. It's time for everyone to assume some responsibility and stop telling your kid they are #1. Stop telling them it's ok to lose. Start making them work hard. Why is it all these other schools seem to get it. Folks our kids are weak & LAZY. To play sports is hard work. It's not"Y" ball where we are all winners. Toughen up! These kids are lazy & don't work out to get their bodies ready to compete. We are soft. Obviously not working! Parents stop bitching because your kid doesn't get equal playing time. Stop making excuses for them. Teach them to work hard & have some self pride. Coaches can't make your kids a super star when the parents are as big of cry babies as the kids. Parents it starts with YOU! I'm a parent & I'm NOT going to raise wimps. The world is a tough place. It's not fair but it's the way it is. Prepare them!!
I agree 100% with this. I don't have any children yet. But there are way to many out there who just want to coddle their children and tell them it's alright. Telling these children if it gets to tough, you just quit. We have a pussified society right now, but it seems worse here than other places.

I will agree if you have a winning football program, that will do as much as anything for helping get kids motivated. But the kids in middle school and high school don't remember the 80's and early 90's. All these kids honestly remember is mediocre football in chillicothe.

However we added a 7th grade football program, and this will help. Our kids were a year behind in learning football skills compared to other schools.

But it all goes back to the kids not wanting to put the effort in. Not wanting to get in that weight room and put in good hard work. Getting your body in shape in the offseason will help prevent 1/2 our kids being hurt. But Willard has got to be committed to the weight room too. He can't be having starters who only lifted 12-14 times this summer, in the starting lineup. When there are kids who were there everyday.

WILLARD ITS EITHER TIME TO SHIT...OR GET OFF THE POT!!

Since: Sep 11

Chillicothe, MO

#18 Sep 3, 2012
I say we keep trying. Find our weaknesses and work on them.
Old Hornet

Chillicothe, MO

#19 Sep 3, 2012
I agree but just because a kid lifts doesn't mean they can play football. A friend of my sons was a good size kid & lifted regularly, but he just couldn't get the plays. They have to have something upstairs to make it all come together. Work ethic!!! It's just like with bball. Kids don't pick up a ball until the season starts & expect to be the next Micheal Jordan. Our athletes need to train year around. I can think of about 20 boys & girls @CHS that would actually work to get better. The rest just want to show up & show off.
played for bob fairchild

Chillicothe, MO

#20 Sep 7, 2012
Was at Casey's today and heard that Phil has the boys ready to knock off the Spoofhounds.

Personally, if Chilli doesn't play well tonight(stay within 20) WILLARD SHOULD BE FIRED!

If the game doesn't get cancelled tonight, we will be 0-3.

We need to have a town meeting and find us someone that can teach football, like the coach I had.

Since: Nov 09

Excelsior Springs, MO

#21 Sep 7, 2012
played for bob fairchild wrote:
We need to have a town meeting and find us someone that can teach football, like the coach I had.
Do you really think that a football game is important enough to have a town meeting about? Really?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Breckenridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grand River Health Care (Jan '17) 20 min Marie John 3
PowerUp! 46 min Marie John 2
News Former police chief sentenced (Oct '06) Apr 19 Anonymous 29
After 18 years, here is the Mormon update on Ch... Apr 13 Jeff Foli 3
Pictures of Ludlow, mo in early 1950 to 1960 Apr 13 Mittens2 1
Ben Findlay Sprouse Apr 13 Mittens2 1
Jennifer Ann Graves (Jun '12) Apr 13 Johnn 11

Breckenridge Jobs

Personal Finance

Breckenridge Mortgages