Coldwater Creek link to cancer and ot...

Coldwater Creek link to cancer and other medical issues

Posted in the Breckenridge Hills Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
In Search of Answers

United States

#1 May 27, 2011
A friend of mine is trying to collect data on whether or not there is a direct link between the radioactive contamination in Coldwater Creek and cancer and other serious medical issues. I know until recently I wasn't even aware that this well-documented contamination existed. I lived there my entire life until I was 18 and had no idea. Many of us played in that creek when we were young. I was amazed but what I have learned over the past few months. I am not insinuating that there is a direct link between the two however I do feel that his efforts are worth the time.

Please help him in his data collection by joining the Facebook Group Coldwater Creek - Just the Facts Please.
In Search of Answers

United States

#2 May 27, 2011
For more info on cleanup efforts and areas affected google "FUSRAP St. Louis".
Former Florissantoninia n

Portland, OR

#3 May 27, 2011
Hopefully this will help get some answers....Hello? Media?
Vitali

Asheville, NC

#4 May 29, 2011
Cliffnotes on the issue please? Where did it originate from?
Pale Dago

Fenton, MO

#5 May 29, 2011
Fooled around with my buds in that creek back in the fifties. In my seventies now,and no sign of any afflictions to any of us,except we're all old and ugly.
Googled it

Saint Louis, MO

#6 May 29, 2011
http://survivethejivealive.blogspot.com/2010/...

Link is to an RFT article about Coldwater Creek radiation.
WASTE OF TIME

Saint Louis, MO

#7 May 29, 2011
If you have any questions ask the CDC and MO Dept of Health and Senior Services if there has been an above average of instances of cancer or other health related occurances in this area compared to other areas.
My guess is no and that you are wasting your time.
Nothing new

AOL

#8 May 30, 2011
This is a very old story. These detections have been going on for years and years. The Government is required to monitor and check and have frequently reported low and safe levels. Nothing new and nothing to worry about.
There is more natural Radon gas seeping into your basement than found in that creek.
FYI

Saint Louis, MO

#9 May 30, 2011
There is no "safe" level of radiation. The dump site continues to be well over what are considered acceptable levels of radiation. It all washes downhill into coldwater creek. Anyone who says that there is no increase in disease or cancer is not necessarily correct. To my knowledge there has never been a study done to investigate the subject.

Everyone has their opinions and this one is mine.
Marcus Welby

United States

#10 May 30, 2011
Many years ago (possibly 20) there was a study and a report in the Post-Disgrace about a disproportionate increase in cancer among children in a subdivision just west of the Innerbelt between Frost and Pershall. You might want to check the Post's archives. Like the areas immediately around the airport, these were dumping grounds for nuclear waste during WWII. Starting about 10 years ago, there has been intense contamination cleanup along McDonnell Blvd near Eva. For what it's worth, the start of Coldwater Creek is in the drainage underneath the airport.
clue

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Jun 1, 2011
I think what is in that creek, is a tanning bed that Karen Mccay threw in. The way she rambles on about how dangerous tanning beds are, and how they produce cancer. Just bring it up at the council meeting. It seems like to her nothing else is important. Let the city go to hell, but don't tan. That is her strong gestapo opinion, just ask her!!!
get a life

AOL

#13 Jun 2, 2011
The sky is falling, what shall we do?

The air we breath has contaminants, the water we drink is full of chemicals, the car you ride in is a death trap, the planes you fly in are under inspected and poorly maintained, the rain has acid, the air has smog, the food you eat has been irradiated or chemical treated, the meat you eat has growth hormones injected, the second hand smoke is lethal, the environment is dangerous for your fetus, the sounds we hear or damaging our hearing, the power lines overhead are giving off electro magnetic current, the cell phone you use is giving you brain cancer, the coffee you drink is giving you stomach cancer, the smoke you breath is giving you lung cancer, the sex you have is giving you HIV, the this and the that is going to doom you today, tomorrow or next week.

Where does it all end, and we can peacefully and happily all live forever and ever.

100 years ago we died in our 40's
50 years ago we died in our 50's
25 years ago we died in our 60's
now we are living well past 70 and 80
won't be long and we will average 90 and 100

Maybe our grandkids will be the first to live forever.

But, who is going to pay?
clue

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Jun 2, 2011
get a life wrote:
The sky is falling, what shall we do?
The air we breath has contaminants, the water we drink is full of chemicals, the car you ride in is a death trap, the planes you fly in are under inspected and poorly maintained, the rain has acid, the air has smog, the food you eat has been irradiated or chemical treated, the meat you eat has growth hormones injected, the second hand smoke is lethal, the environment is dangerous for your fetus, the sounds we hear or damaging our hearing, the power lines overhead are giving off electro magnetic current, the cell phone you use is giving you brain cancer, the coffee you drink is giving you stomach cancer, the smoke you breath is giving you lung cancer, the sex you have is giving you HIV, the this and the that is going to doom you today, tomorrow or next week.
Where does it all end, and we can peacefully and happily all live forever and ever.
100 years ago we died in our 40's
50 years ago we died in our 50's
25 years ago we died in our 60's
now we are living well past 70 and 80
won't be long and we will average 90 and 100
Maybe our grandkids will be the first to live forever.
But, who is going to pay?
Amen brother, the world is at war with one another!! Kids can't bring thier own lunch to school, chocolate milk is now bad for you, cell phones now cause cancer, and now tanning beds? Where is it all going to stop? Let's worry about the things that are important. If all this is true, then don't drive cars, they pollute, don't go out into the sun, it gives off cancerous rays, stay out of the rain, you are right it has acid in it. What is so sad these are just opinions, and people believe them. And if you think medicines are so good for you, read the side effects. Karen McKay is just opinionated like the rest. SHE doesn't like tanning beds. Is that was she basis her decsions on, just her opinion?
RECALL

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Jun 2, 2011
Put a tanning in the creeek, and he would go ape shit. She would try having the creek closed.
clue

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Jun 2, 2011
RECALL wrote:
Put a tanning in the creeek, and he would go ape shit. She would try having the creek closed.
Not only that, she would have every resident go through chemo, or go to her hair salon, which she owns, and get thier hair done. By the way do her hair products that she uses cause cancer. One must wonder.
LOL

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Jun 2, 2011
You hit that right on the nose. I would love to have one the owners of tanning salon to tell her to screw off,and it is none her business. She never says anything to a business that sells cigarettes or chew.
And I am to young to go her salon. It smells like a nursing home.
SmashDude

Florissant, MO

#19 Jun 3, 2011
Reverend Vegas wrote:
I get what you're saying and I love my petroleum burning machines as much as the next guy...but Nuclear $hit is a different animal...you don't think we should step on it and get the thing cleaned up?
It happened and it's there and only one thing can change that...REMOVE IT. Send it to the St. Charles superfund dome site at Busch Wildlife. That's where most of the WWII nuke waste is anyway.
OR...maybe we need our own dome..who would care? It's next to the airport anyway.
I did not know that the dome not far from the Busch Wildlife area had a hatch on top so we can add more.
I believe that we (USA) should do like Germany and work on closing all nuclear power plants by 2022. Those Germans may have a bad rap but as a country their people are pretty smart in some areas. I wonder if a policy like that here would force the Ameren electric type of companies to bring out their special forces to try and kill the bill. It should not be hard in the USA, just tell the targeted politician that you will help them get re-elected, and if that does not work, slip them a few bucks. The honest ones already have been weeded out at the lower levels of their careers
Marcus Welby

United States

#20 Jun 4, 2011
SmashDude wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not know that the dome not far from the Busch Wildlife area had a hatch on top so we can add more.
I believe that we (USA) should do like Germany and work on closing all nuclear power plants by 2022. Those Germans may have a bad rap but as a country their people are pretty smart in some areas. I wonder if a policy like that here would force the Ameren electric type of companies to bring out their special forces to try and kill the bill. It should not be hard in the USA, just tell the targeted politician that you will help them get re-elected, and if that does not work, slip them a few bucks. The honest ones already have been weeded out at the lower levels of their careers
I'm curious about closing all nuclear plants in 11 years and maybe someone on here give offer up some answers. The environmental lobbies have a powerful influence on our government and yet these same lobbyists (and many in our government) want to ban the use of clean coal or any petroleum. Bio-fuels are making food from corn prohibitively expensive. Solar energy is not available at night or on cloudy days. Wind energy is available only a small percentage of the time. Having said all of this, where are we supposed to get our energy?
justme

United States

#22 Jun 7, 2011
I heard bacon give you cancer, I also heard picking your nose gives you cancer. I heard eating pickles and talking on a phone gives you cancer. So it seems like people just need a reason to freak out about something that they can not figure out.
Gail

Valley Park, MO

#24 Jun 8, 2011
LOL wrote:
You hit that right on the nose. I would love to have one the owners of tanning salon to tell her to screw off,and it is none her business. She never says anything to a business that sells cigarettes or chew.
And I am to young to go her salon. It smells like a nursing home.
I know she says she used to own a tanning salon but I don't think she was ever educated on the pros and cons of tanning. Also, yes there are many chemicals in hair products used in beauty salons that are cancer related.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Breckenridge Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
negros playing their games at hallsferry and pa... 7 hr Guest 5
White people are our natural enemies. (Sep '14) 13 hr Son of Man 3,738
Found hardheads neighborhood 23 hr Owned 1
News March, civil disobedience planned next month in... Sat Nothing But The T... 17
Dellhood and Ferglock Sat tell it 38
hanging of slave doll Sat tell it 4
Dawn Sommer Fri Jeannette 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Breckenridge Hills Mortgages