Breck tweaks laws to make way for mar...

Breck tweaks laws to make way for marijuana decriminalization

There are 1 comment on the The Summit County Journal story from Nov 30, 2009, titled Breck tweaks laws to make way for marijuana decriminalization. In it, The Summit County Journal reports that:

A new set of marijuana laws is nearing approval in Breckenridge, where possession of the drug and paraphernalia by people over 21 is to be decriminalized Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Summit County Journal.

benjamin

New Bloomfield, PA

#1 Dec 1, 2009
This is great news. I'm sure that the town of Breckenridge will be as safe as ever. People always try to claim that the USE of marijuana causes crime and that is ridiculous. I hope everyone there realizes how lucky they are to have a local government ready and willing to listen to it's citizen, I hope it continues on a national level.

Only problem I have with decriminalization is that the supply is still left in the black market. That is not the towns problem, but it is a problem, the product still has to come from illegal sources. We as a nation need to fix this with legalization.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Breckenridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Place to change out of ski clothes? (Jan '16) Jan '16 Alison 1
Tall/Taul family from the McQuady area (May '15) May '15 Farris 1
Cheap summer lodging in Breckridge? (Feb '15) May '15 Jim Delong 2
News UFOs sighted over Colorado mountains: Formation... (Oct '14) Jan '15 mossy seaman 6
Laptop Theft (Dec '13) Dec '13 Lynne 1
Pain pills (Dec '13) Dec '13 Rvca 1
Summit County community meetings 1/30/2014 (Dec '13) Dec '13 DebbieWard 1

Breckenridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Breckenridge Mortgages