Louisiana May Ban Cockfighting

Louisiana May Ban Cockfighting

There are 78 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 9, 2007, titled Louisiana May Ban Cockfighting. In it, Newsday reports that:

Spectators shake their fists, scream out wagers and cheer on their roosters, the air swirling with cigarette smoke and chicken feathers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Get a life, loosers”

Since: Jul 07

In Your Back Yard

#66 Jul 24, 2007
Shane from Louisiana wrote:
Cock fighting is family fun. The only reason the state wants to make it illegal is because they don't make money off of the event. It seems to me like all the liberals get to tell everyone else what to do. Long live Cockfight till death do us part!
I think we need to get some liberals in the pit and see if they have the same heart as the COCKS.

“Get a life, loosers”

In Your Back Yard

#67 Jul 24, 2007
Nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite the state mascot! You are such an ignorant inbred. If cockfighting is good family fun, then that explains the demise of your state.
By the way, I"m not a liberal. I'm just a person who doesn't enjoy torturing animals.
Good deal, YOU ignorant inbred! Go beat your wife and kids, and kick the dog while your at it! Then screw the maid and BUTTler!

“Get a life, loosers”

In Your Back Yard

#68 Jul 24, 2007
Farfel wrote:
A little too much inbreeding in Louisiana.
Check Your family tree! IT DON'T FORK!!!!

“Get a life, loosers”

In Your Back Yard

#70 Jul 24, 2007
Connor wrote:
Actually, there's a lot of inbreeding in LA... you'd be more successful at getting one of them to count to five than to give up cockfighting.
There is no inbreeding is TX, the Mexicans are taking over.

“Get a life, loosers”

In Your Back Yard

#71 Jul 24, 2007
Festering Boil wrote:
Louisiana is really the armpit of this nation and this story helps prove it. Damn inbred hicks.
I can give you a TIME and PLACE of a fight if you want to see one?
Felix

Lafayette, LA

#73 Jul 28, 2007
Festering Boil wrote:
Louisiana is really the armpit of this nation and this story helps prove it. Damn inbred hicks.
I now have to rephrase one of my last comments. What separates a Coon A** from A** holes like yourself & the Mexican?? The Sabine River !! Inbreeding may be better than breeding more likes you....and there ain’t many hicks in La......& the armpit is better than a AS* Hole :]
Felix

Lafayette, LA

#74 Jul 28, 2007
highball wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we need to get some liberals in the pit and see if they have the same heart as the COCKS.
Another case of minorities trying to running the world.
Felix

Lafayette, LA

#75 Jul 28, 2007
Festering Boil wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a problem with reading comprehension? Why would I want to see a fight when I am against it?
Go home to your wife/sister and get you some book learnin'.
wife/sister/& your mother. That make his sister your mother & your aunt & that make him your father & your uncle. Me red tat in a bok bout Tx his story.. LOL
Pure Bred

United States

#76 Jul 29, 2007
Festering Boil wrote:
I am from Louisiana.You want to talk about inbreeding.
I was having sex with my sister,she told me i do it just like dad does.I told her i know. Mom told me the same thing.
Felix

Lafayette, LA

#77 Jul 29, 2007
Felix wrote:
<quoted text>
I now have to rephrase one of my last comments. What separates a Coon A** from A** holes like yourself & the Mexican?? The Sabine River !! Inbreeding may be better than breeding more likes you....and there ain’t many hicks in La......& the armpit is better than a AS* Hole :]
Many many years ago when I was twenty-three,
I got married to a widow who was pretty as could be.

This widow had a daughter who had hair of red.
My father fell in love with her, and soon the two were wed.

This made my dad my son-in-law and changed my very life.
My daughter was my mother, for she was my father's wife.

To complicate the matters worse, although it brought me joy,
I soon became the father of a bouncing baby boy.

My little baby then became a brother-in-law to Dad.
And so became my uncle, though it made me very sad.

For if he was my uncle, then that also made him brother
To the widow's grown-up daughter who, of course, was my step-mother.

Father's wife then had a son, who kept them on the run.
And he became my grandson, for he was my daughter's son.

My wife is now my mother's mom and it surely makes me blue.
Because, although she is my wife, she is my grandma too.

If my wife is my grandmother, then I am her grandchild.
And every time I think of it, It simply drives me wild.

For now I have become the strangest case you ever saw.
As the husband of my grandmother, I am my own grandpa!
william kennedy

United States

#78 Aug 13, 2007
this to manny from bronx, ny it seems u must a problem,if anybody ass backwards it's you cowards from new york, guys(grown ass men) walking around wearing pink and s**t. and besides isn't the state that involves cockfighting, but since you wanna talk about i'll show you ass backward.
william kennedy

United States

#80 Aug 13, 2007
whats your e-mail address highball you r beautiful.
PatrickB

Lafayette, LA

#82 Oct 22, 2009
Gran wrote:
<quoted text>If he find out who you really are, you will have to pay him back how many roosters you killed times the many years you have revealed this. He will have the last laugh, everything is possible with God and vengenance belong to him.
Your God is a vengeful one? Good thing I am a Christian then, as I wouldn't want to worship that deity.
PatrickB

Lafayette, LA

#83 Oct 22, 2009
magnolia wrote:
I am completly appaled by the thought that others take this issue to the extent it has been taken. According to the enviornmental impacts and instincts of the "Gamecock" it is instinctvely embedded in them to fight, no one teaches a game bird to fight they do so on there own. These "birds" are taken better care of then you and I, the caretakers bathe, feed, give them medication, excersise them, built special cages so they don't get eaten by other animals and the list goes on and on. People don't realize that this "sport" builds families and structural foundations for these families it teaches them responsibility, loyalty, trust and builds character and strength. I firmly believe with all the REAL problems in the world today like the war in "Iraq" for example we as a country should be more concentrated in such things that can truly effect our lives and our country instead of such high concentration on something as petty as "Cockfights" Let the people be, let the tradition live on, let the Cajuns in Louisiana continue practicing this staple in there culture. The world has so many more serious issures to worry about, if you spend your time and even waste your breath in opposition of this subject you are sincerely petty, narrowminded and sadly enough even pathetic. If you want to build such a high level of concentration on a subject then go and consume your life with things that are worth fighting for. Because frankly "Gamecocks" can fight on there own.
Magnolia...FINALLY, we've found someone whose family tree is represented 3rd from the left on the evolutionary chart.
PatrickB

Lafayette, LA

#84 Oct 22, 2009
magnolia wrote:
Its rather discusting that people enjoy "slaughtering" tradition. Read about the history of gamecocks and how it has been around for centuries, or the fact that it is part of cajun culture....
Boy, Magnolia, just a few short cuts/pastes and you can defend SLAVERY again! Woo hoo!
Frik'n redneck.
PatrickB

Lafayette, LA

#85 Oct 22, 2009
magnolia wrote:
I don't care if people are taking me seriously or not, as long as I know my opinion is out there I know I put my part in to save this tradition.
(even though I know people take me seriously the ones that share the same common bond, you will not discourage me).
And another thing don't try to switch the situation here about "slavery" thats not even what were speaking about, were speaking about "cockfighting" and how dare you tell me that bc there was slaves centuries ago I would think that was ok, that was cruel and unbearable. Don't compare a chicken to human treatment.
It's a perfectly LEGITIMATE comparison when you think like a troglodyte regarding both. As for people who share a common bond, there are those who think taking human life is fine...and they are all in prison sharing a bond and remaining undiscouraged. You can't defend such barbarism by attaching it as 'culturalism'. that doesn't wash. And you, being so distant from Cajuns, and me being right here, well, I'll presume the fact I know no one participating in the 'culture' you claim exists here means you speak from a position of incompetence on the matter. End of discussion with you, troll.
PatrickB

Lafayette, LA

#86 Oct 22, 2009
Felix wrote:
<quoted text>
wife/sister/& your mother. That make his sister your mother & your aunt & that make him your father & your uncle. Me red tat in a bok bout Tx his story.. LOL
Felix, I'm glad you and highball can stay on point.
chris paul jr

Arnaudville, LA

#87 Oct 22, 2009
Bring it back

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Breaux Bridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I have a girlfriend but I think I'm gay? please... (Jun '13) Fri Zerb 33
Officer Craig David Thu No name 11
Little big cup burglary Jun 23 Peewee 2
Mike Perry Jun 22 Concerned 1
Crystal Grebinger (Aug '13) Jun 20 Hush 62
Coy Tatum small pee pee Jun 14 Future teacher 1
Transgender dating scene in Lafayette? (Mar '12) Jun 14 Coy Tatum 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Breaux Bridge Mortgages