Louisiana May Ban Cockfighting

Louisiana May Ban Cockfighting

There are 78 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 9, 2007, titled Louisiana May Ban Cockfighting. In it, Newsday reports that:

Spectators shake their fists, scream out wagers and cheer on their roosters, the air swirling with cigarette smoke and chicken feathers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Chuck

Conley, GA

#1 Apr 9, 2007
It is rather disgusting that a man enjoy watching chickens slaughter each other.
Chuck

Conley, GA

#2 Apr 9, 2007
Fine people praise cockfighting.
Manny

Bronx, NY

#3 Apr 9, 2007
One of the most ass-backwards states in the entire U.S.

Since: Apr 07

Honolulu, HI

#4 Apr 10, 2007
Wow, I can't believe this isn't ALREADY illegal.

Since: Mar 07

Dandenong, Australia

#5 Apr 10, 2007
As a child there was a Chinese farmer who lived nearby who raised cocks for illegal cock fighting. He could never understand why just a few nights before the fights all his roosters would mysteriously be found dead in the chicken coop, for fourteen years he never managed to get one cock to a fight, he eventually gave up, if he is reading this IT WAS ME.
Better a quick painless death than a disgusting painful end merely to gratify the sick twisted perversions of these human creatures (you canít even call them animals, animals arenít that sick).
MrLogical

Bolton, CT

#6 Apr 10, 2007
Pessimist wrote:
As a child there was a Chinese farmer who lived nearby who raised cocks for illegal cock fighting. He could never understand why just a few nights before the fights all his roosters would mysteriously be found dead in the chicken coop, for fourteen years he never managed to get one cock to a fight, he eventually gave up, if he is reading this IT WAS ME.
Better a quick painless death than a disgusting painful end merely to gratify the sick twisted perversions of these human creatures (you canít even call them animals, animals arenít that sick).
Hopefully, someone will do the same to you some night. Here's a tip: join PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals

Dandenong, Australia

#7 Apr 11, 2007
MrLogical wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully, someone will do the same to you some night. Here's a tip: join PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
So I take it you enjoy torturing animals?

Dandenong, Australia

#8 Apr 11, 2007
MrLogical wrote:
<quoted text>
I had no idea what PETA was, so I looked it up and it sounds like a noble organisation, but I have never joined anything before and Iím not going to start now.
MrLogical

Ashford, CT

#9 Apr 11, 2007
Pessimist wrote:
<quoted text>
So I take it you enjoy torturing animals?
No, just eating them...
puddintain

Meridian, MS

#10 Apr 15, 2007
no matter what happens in washington or baton rouge,there will always be cockfights in louisiana. you might as well ban boudin.

Dandenong, Australia

#11 Apr 15, 2007
MrLogical wrote:
<quoted text>
No, just eating them...
Fair enough
Gran

United States

#12 Apr 17, 2007
Pessimist wrote:
If he find out who you really are, you will have to pay him back how many roosters you killed times the many years you have revealed this. He will have the last laugh, everything is possible with God and vengenance belong to him.
Shane from Louisiana

Lafayette, LA

#13 May 5, 2007
Cock fighting is family fun. The only reason the state wants to make it illegal is because they don't make money off of the event. It seems to me like all the liberals get to tell everyone else what to do. Long live Cockfight till death do us part!
Shane from Louisiana

Lafayette, LA

#14 May 5, 2007
...and we are not ass backwards were just not politically correct
Nunya

Wethersfield, CT

#15 May 6, 2007
Shane from Louisiana wrote:
Cock fighting is family fun. The only reason the state wants to make it illegal is because they don't make money off of the event. It seems to me like all the liberals get to tell everyone else what to do. Long live Cockfight till death do us part!
You are quite the state mascot! You are such an ignorant inbred. If cockfighting is good family fun, then that explains the demise of your state.

By the way, I"m not a liberal. I'm just a person who doesn't enjoy torturing animals.
Nunya

Wethersfield, CT

#16 May 6, 2007
Gran wrote:
<quoted text>If he find out who you really are, you will have to pay him back how many roosters you killed times the many years you have revealed this. He will have the last laugh, everything is possible with God and vengenance belong to him.
uh oh...here we go with the imaginary God threats. Are you serious with this post? If there were a GOd, do you really think he'd focus his attention on this? No, he'd probably applaud this individual for having the courage to end these animals' lives humanely.
Farfel

Winsted, CT

#17 May 6, 2007
A little too much inbreeding in Louisiana.
Nunya

Wethersfield, CT

#18 May 6, 2007
MrLogical wrote:
<quoted text>
No, just eating them...
Eating animals = Factory Farming = Torture. You idiot.
Mark

Broad Brook, CT

#19 May 6, 2007
I can recall playing as a child in a sandbox built into a corner of the hay-barn. From the hay-barn I would go through the cow-barn to the house. Built into the hay- barn too, but with doors opening into the cow-barn, was a bed for the working-man. How badly I wanted permission to sleep in that bed for a night! Permission was finally given. I had heard about ghosts and "forerunners of death." That night I heard the cows jingle their chains. I knew there were cows and that they did a lot of jingling with their chains, but after a while I was not quite certain that it was only the cows that made all the noises I heard. Wasn't there someone walking down the aisle back of the cows, and wasn't he approaching my bed? Already I had been taught to say my evening prayers. Some of the words of that prayer were to this effect: "Lord, convert me, that I may be converted." Unmindful of the paradox, I prayed that prayer that night as I had never prayed before.
tex

Killeen, TX

#20 May 6, 2007
Well sheeet! Heck...brang on the pussyfightin then!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Breaux Bridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I have a girlfriend but I think I'm gay? please... (Jun '13) Thu Ladaddyp 34
what is the best thing to add to a crawfish boil Mar 15 Anonymous 1
Family court judge Susan theall (Aug '14) Mar 15 angellerc 31
Grand Isle Police Dept is Hiring Mar 7 Molly 1
Crystal Grebinger (Aug '13) Mar 5 Lifelong 71
women with big boobs Mar 3 Tristin 2
Poll Should Judge David Blanchet be removed from court (Sep '10) Mar 2 Username 266

Breaux Bridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Breaux Bridge Mortgages