Senior smokers told to quit or move o...

Senior smokers told to quit or move out of Santa Cruz complex

There are 2288 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Feb 14, 2009, titled Senior smokers told to quit or move out of Santa Cruz complex. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Residents at San Lorenzo Park Apartments have 90 days to quit smoking or face eviction, which has come as a crushing blow to the handful of seniors who picked up the habit as teenagers and can't bear the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

“Pearls before swine”

Since: Mar 08

Santa Cruz, CA.

#2549 Oct 26, 2013
PHIL WRITES: " It seems as if smoking in younger people is rising again."

BECKY: Looks like the rate of decline is continuing: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm59...

This data only goes thru 2009.
DBS

Santa Clara, CA

#2550 Oct 26, 2013
Hey BJ, did the FBI solve the Drive-by-fruiting yet?
tsk tsk Patty

Santa Cruz, CA

#2551 Oct 26, 2013
Oh Bird wrote:
<quoted text>
Grab another BEER, Shut UP, and get some INSURANCE on your death sedan.
BTW: STOP driving DUI before you KILL someone.
Kinda what you did to your mom, Pat?!
tsk tsk Patty

Santa Cruz, CA

#2552 Oct 27, 2013
Shame on you Patty for projecting onto others what You actually did. There are multitude ways of dealing with your grief and coping with your horrendous guilt. I suggest counseling. Oh, maybe trading your current "emotional support" cats (obviously NOT doing a proper job) for, I dunno, maybe goldfish?!
DBS

Santa Clara, CA

#2553 Oct 27, 2013
tsk tsk Patty wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda what you did to your mom, Pat?!
Now what's THAT about?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Phil

Winnipeg, Canada

#2554 Oct 27, 2013
Becky Johnson wrote:
PHIL WRITES: "These people need to live somewhere either in all smoking units or in places that would be built to minimize invasion of smoke from suite to suite..."
BECKY: All of this is soooo unnecessary! Virtually all new construction ARE built in a way that minimizes airflow from one unit into another.
No one really wants to smell another's cooking odors, farts, B.O., incense, or scented candles.
It is impossible to detect anything close to a dangerous level of SHS in one apartment next to another apartment. OSHA has set what the Permitted Environmental Level (PEL) of all polluting gases in the workplace. There is no problem which needs solving. There is no health hazard from 2nd hand smoke in one unit penetrating & harming anyone in another unit. There is no science whatsoever to support this as a real concern.
We DO find a strong correlation between childhood asthma & close proximity to freeways.
Not sure who "we" re: asthma comments, are. The point condensed was merely not to pretend that smoking is something that "everyone" can quit as easily as some may think. Allow those who do smoke, or those who are committed to relationships with them, to live in buildings where smoking is allowed. Just as there are buildings where no smoking is allowed.If the truth does not satisfy science ( and there are many scientists and even more studies) then you have to come from a different angle.
Personally I see many pollutants that are equal to or more dangerous for the public than second hand smoke.
tsk tsk Patty

Santa Cruz, CA

#2555 Oct 28, 2013
DBS wrote:
<quoted text>
Now what's THAT about?
Inquiring minds want to know.
Well, Patty "fell asleep" behind the wheel. Her mom was in the car.
DBS

San Francisco, CA

#2556 Oct 28, 2013
tsk tsk Patty wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Patty "fell asleep" behind the wheel. Her mom was in the car.
And lemme guess, no Insurance on her ghettocruiser of a car?
tsk tsk Patty

Santa Cruz, CA

#2557 Oct 28, 2013
DBS wrote:
<quoted text>
And lemme guess, no Insurance on her ghettocruiser of a car?
Pretty much all of what she slanders others for not having: No Insurance, Unlicensed, Unregistered, DUI...

What a useless HIPPO-critical TW*T, Phatty is.
Pud

Kingman, AZ

#2558 Oct 29, 2013
tsk tsk Patty wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much all of what she slanders others for not having: No Insurance, Unlicensed, Unregistered, DUI...
What a useless HIPPO-critical TW*T, Phatty is.
No surprise there.
Horse lover

Hayward, CA

#2559 Oct 29, 2013
tsk tsk Patty wrote:
Shame on you Patty for projecting onto others what You actually did. There are multitude ways of dealing with your grief and coping with your horrendous guilt. I suggest counseling. Oh, maybe trading your current "emotional support" cats (obviously NOT doing a proper job) for, I dunno, maybe goldfish?!
or trade for a horse?

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#2560 Oct 30, 2013
I would just like to say hello to the control freak douche bags that feel that it is necessary to point guns at everyone who doesn't live by their rules.
Jeff

Dallas, TX

#2561 Oct 31, 2013
Smokers are brain damaged and mentally ill from their tobacco addiction.

Smokers, take your complaints to the CRIMINALS who sold that addictive, defective and lethal tobacco drug to you in the FIRST PLACE!

The rest of us WILL HAVE our smoke-free air, to which we are LEGALLY ENTITLED!

BAN THE ILLEGAL TOBACCO DRUG, NOW AND PROSECUTE THE CRIMINAL TOBACCO PUSHERS, TOO!
Grace

Dallas, TX

#2562 Oct 31, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
I would just like to say hello to the control freak douche bags that feel that it is necessary to point guns at everyone who doesn't live by their rules.
And YOU are a blithering IDIOT! Stick that little lighted toxic waste dump up your behind!

Oh, wait, you can't since your HEAD is there!

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#2563 Oct 31, 2013
Grace wrote:
<quoted text>
And YOU are a blithering IDIOT! Stick that little lighted toxic waste dump up your behind!
Oh, wait, you can't since your HEAD is there!
Thank you for proving my assumption at your tendency towards violence.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#2564 Oct 31, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
I would just like to say hello to the control freak douche bags that feel that it is necessary to point guns at everyone who doesn't live by their rules.
Are you euphemistically talking about the control freak douche bags who think that because THEY are addicted to hot, toxic gasses being inhaled into their lungs, everybody else should have to suffer, too?
DBS the Irrelevant

San Jose, CA

#2566 Oct 31, 2013
DBS wrote:
<quoted text>
Now what's THAT about?
Inquiring minds want to know.
DBS is irrelevant.

He is a cowardly chicken who cyberstalks people using made up statements he pulls out his ass.

Nothing he has to say is worth anything because he won't come out from behind curtain and let people know his name while he stalks people using their names. If what he was doing wasn't illegal then we could laugh him off as the big, bad bully that he is.

Literally, DBS and all the other names he uses amount to a big pile of crap. Just like SouthPark he has the crap coming out of the wrong hole in his body.

DBS is almost worst then Buzz the Teacher who molests his students.
DBS

Sunnyvale, CA

#2567 Oct 31, 2013
DBS the Irrelevant wrote:
<quoted text>
DBS is irrelevant.
He is a cowardly chicken who cyberstalks people using made up statements he pulls out his ass.
Nothing he has to say is worth anything because he won't come out from behind curtain and let people know his name while he stalks people
But ColbyLOON claims to know about my entire family Tree!!!

But doesn't even know my name.

What a brainfried LOSER!!!

The Original Buzz

“The buck stops here!”

Since: Sep 12

Scotts Valley

#2568 Nov 1, 2013
DBS the Irrelevant wrote:
<quoted text>
DBS is irrelevant.
He is a cowardly chicken who cyberstalks people using made up statements he pulls out his ass.
Nothing he has to say is worth anything because he won't come out from behind curtain and let people know his name while he stalks people using their names. If what he was doing wasn't illegal then we could laugh him off as the big, bad bully that he is.
Literally, DBS and all the other names he uses amount to a big pile of crap. Just like SouthPark he has the crap coming out of the wrong hole in his body.
DBS is almost worst then Buzz the Teacher who molests his students.
If DBS is irrelevant why are YOU obsessed with him, John?

More cut and paste spam from John E Colby, cyberstalker and Loon who was evicted from his section 8, catcrap-stinking hovel for stalking his neighbors, peeping in their windows in the middle of the night, aggressive behaviour, making false police reports and threatening to go "postal".
John's biggest accomplishment, after a life of abject failure, was getting evicted from Mission Gardens Apartments. You have to move heaven and earth to remove a nutjob who is. receiving public assistance.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#2569 Nov 1, 2013
bud_schmones wrote:
<quoted text>Are you euphemistically talking about the control freak douche bags who think that because THEY are addicted to hot, toxic gasses being inhaled into their lungs, everybody else should have to suffer, too?
I am talking about those that think that they can force others to follow their rules by pointing guns at them. Every law is a gun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whittier Varrio Locos Gang (Jun '07) 1 hr resident 562 1,366
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Trojan 32,324
News Man wounded in Hacienda Heights shooting (Jun '12) 8 hr CRIPS RUN SGV 30
News Gang Injunction Issued In Crack Down On Anaheim... (Mar '08) 8 hr El Jiringas 508
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 11 hr Davis 6,736
News La Mirada doctor charged with sexual battery (Mar '10) 20 hr tellinitlikeitis 61
News Five Glendale police officers file suit against... (Jan '10) 23 hr Susan 535

Brea Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brea Mortgages