Old Town Bar and Grill building's lon...

Old Town Bar and Grill building's long and varied life

There are 33 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Jan 12, 2010, titled Old Town Bar and Grill building's long and varied life. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

Although the 1908 Old Town Bar and Grill building has stood vacant for several years, its prior life reflects the many facets of Eureka life in the last century.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 09

Portland Oregon

#24 Jan 13, 2010
One of the things I remember about the OTBG was the lasting friendship that was formed when I Met Bishop Mayfield there
NO-SO-OLD HIPPIE

AOL

#25 Jan 13, 2010
Rambo E wrote:
One of the things I remember about the OTBG was the lasting friendship that was formed when I Met Bishop Mayfield there
I remember Bishop doing a Gap Band song on that stage....tim stratten was probably playing keyboards...
Was There 2

Santa Rosa, CA

#26 Jan 13, 2010
a Great Read /reminiscing here, and thanks Danny for bringing it all to light.

Now,
WHAT can be done?
Here's to OTB&G may she live on in our memories if nowhere else.
landOlakes

Ridgefield, WA

#27 Jan 14, 2010
Did that turn into Six Rivers at some point? OTB&G was before my time, I'm not sure what building that was. Tim Stratten jams on keys! I had the pleasure of seeing him and Ruby Diaz [email protected] Fox. Sorry to hear the end of an era has arrived.
landOlakes

Ridgefield, WA

#28 Jan 14, 2010
Apparently its all up to the current owners, The Arkley's / Security Ntl.-to decide the fate of this Old Town landmark.
Good Times

United States

#29 Jan 15, 2010
I remember all those shows. What was great about the place is you didn't have to be 21 to see life changing music. OTB&G helped to shape my appreciation and love of music. Dave was great, my all time fav. but no one has mentioned Jerry Joesph and Little Women. They KILLED IT! Thanks for the memories.
Gregory Franklyn

Portland, OR

#30 Jan 15, 2010
I can't tell you how disappointed I am to hear that the Old Town Bar and Grill building will be demolished. When the Lazios opened it as a night club I was there and for so many years after, and so many GREAT performers who have graced that stage, it was nearly my second home. I'm so glad I got to be there during it's most recent heyday and I will miss it terribly. If anyone is willing to take a few photographs before it is torn down, I would love to have them. you can send them to me at [email protected]

“I'm aged like a fine wine.”

Since: Sep 09

Eureka, Calf.

#31 Jan 16, 2010
In case anyone is interested, I found this listing in my copy of Eureka, an Architectural View, compiled by the Eureka Heritage Soc., c. 1987:

327 Second St.; local interest; ca. 1908; three-story brick modified Classical Revival; alterations (meaning loss of defining characteristics or details of the appearance or addtions); original owners at the time of construction, P. and J. Healy.(pg 133, inventory).
Ruthie

Livermore, CA

#32 Sep 18, 2010
KFMI - I used to work there! Sold radio ads - then partied at the OTB&G at night!!
Rambo E wrote:
One business that was not mention was at one time there was a FM radio station on the 2nd story. Can not remember the call sign of it though. Too many years away from home I guess. Either that or I am just old and forgetful.
Koalabear2525

Santa Clara, CA

#33 Sep 18, 2010
yes I remember the Vance hotel . and the Lazio fish market . when I was young in the late 50s used to see the fishing boats come in and the Lazio used to have a fish truck come out in the Henderson center area to sell fish and the fresh catch of the day like the ice cream trucks do today .
David S

Arvada, CO

#34 Nov 15, 2010
Wow.... just cruzin around wondering what happened to the Vance Log Cabin and OTBG. Never expected this much action. I used to work the door with Cecil and Mark when Chris Smith and Deborah were running the place - that place used to crackle. Sonia Miller waited tables, Rory was helping out, I remember the parties upstairs in the office after closing .... wow... can't believe I reading that the building is coming down.
tomtom

Arcata, CA

#35 Nov 15, 2010
David S wrote:
Wow.... just cruzin around wondering what happened to the Vance Log Cabin and OTBG. Never expected this much action. I used to work the door with Cecil and Mark when Chris Smith and Deborah were running the place - that place used to crackle. Sonia Miller waited tables, Rory was helping out, I remember the parties upstairs in the office after closing .... wow... can't believe I reading that the building is coming down.
It's not coming down unless a earthquake hits before Kurt Kramer gets it reinforced. The engineering is done and reconstruction is under way and it will live again under new management...
Victoria Faust

Escondido, CA

#36 May 27, 2013
Rambo E wrote:
One business that was not mention was at one time there was a FM radio station on the 2nd story. Can not remember the call sign of it though. Too many years away from home I guess. Either that or I am just old and forgetful.
kfmi I was a dj back then

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 3 hr Bobs Friend 8,553
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 hr The pharts 33,111
News 18 La Puente gang members arrested (Jan '08) 13 hr TSM 1,821
Review: Anaheim Ducks Sat ANAHEIM DUCKS 1
Helping the homeless people at La Palma Park (Sep '12) Sat LOL 176
News Heroin Highway - Map of heroin traffic in Santa... (May '10) May 26 incompetence 49
28 year sentence handed down in 1992 La Mirada ... May 26 Gardenhillbilly 2

Brea Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brea Mortgages