Letters to the editor: Need new theater

Letters to the editor: Need new theater

There are 5 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Feb 7, 2010, titled Letters to the editor: Need new theater. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

The other night, I just happened to be flipping the TV channels, surfing for something to watch, and I came across the leaders of Whittier having their weekly meeting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Ann

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 Feb 8, 2010
Mr Villegas I believe you were talking about the old Wardman theater. I guess it is old, as it would be older than I , but I do remember when it was beautiful.9612 Not quite as nice as the Whittier but nicer than the Roxy. Of course that was when 12 and under got in for a dime and over 12 was .25cents.
A nickel would buy enough candyto last the whole movie. That included The News Reel ,the comedy and two feature films. I miss the old time theaters and hate these new boxes with no personality.
I hope you get your theater.
Ann
E-town Kentucky
RBW

United States

#2 Feb 8, 2010
The reason whittier doesn't have a theatre except for the one uptown, is because there are too many around already. There was a theatre in Whittwood and nobody went there.
Zach

La Habra, CA

#3 Feb 8, 2010
The reason the Whittwood Theatres failed was due to the location in a failed mall. Now, the Whittwood is showing signs of life and despite it's poor layout,could plan for a future theatre to compliment the center. I expect the Whittwood to evolve and hopefully integrate the needs and opportunities of business and good shopping center design.
RBW wrote:
The reason whittier doesn't have a theatre except for the one uptown, is because there are too many around already. There was a theatre in Whittwood and nobody went there.
Swimware

Santa Ana, CA

#4 Feb 8, 2010
"Now, it is necessary for the country to impeach these justices and correct the travesty of five Catholic (mostly) white men "making" new laws for a much more diverse citizenry."

Wow. Racist much?
angelica johnson

Oakville, WA

#5 Feb 16, 2010
What in the world is Mr. Villegas talking about? The Whittier Cinemas is GREAT!!!! It's been completely redone! The movies shown are first run! It's clean and the seats are comfortable. If he's thinking of the old theater that used to be on Whittier Blvd. Mr. Villegas, that one was old, should have been preserved, but wasn't. The Uptown theater manager Darryl, is a very nice young man, who takes pride in his theater! We've been in the NW for 4 years now and wish we had a theater that showed great first run movies! Our theater, in this town, shows cornball movies for the most part, for what seems forever. It might be clean and upgraded, but we miss Whittier Cinemas!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Pee Pee Pete 32,619
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 3 hr lmsa parent 6,874
News Orange teen inspired to help by her experiences Thu Pen 3
News Manitoba Announces Fiscal Performance Advisory ... Thu Greg Selinger - L... 1
E. Randol Schoenberg Fails, Cries, Wets Thu Paul Linksantay 2
ssk gangsters (Jan '13) Dec 7 Esbp 142
Shooting on woodridge (Sep '08) Dec 7 Lmp 34

Brea Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brea Mortgages