Citizens arrest 27 day laborers at Ro...

Citizens arrest 27 day laborers at Rowland Heights-area Home Depot

There are 419 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from May 28, 2009, titled Citizens arrest 27 day laborers at Rowland Heights-area Home Depot. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

Officials from several area restaurants have made citizen's arrests on 27 day laborers at the Home Depot on Gale Avenue in Industry, authorities said Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

First Prev
of 21
Next Last
AngryWhittierRes ident

Whittier, CA

#1 May 28, 2009
The home depot on gale is probably the second worst, with the one on sunset being #1 in terms of quantity of illegals standing around.
The one in burbank, off of alameda is bad as well but the city there built them a shack to sit in and wait. I have to say, it looks a hell of a lot better. I can understand what the business owners near home depot's are saying. it's obvious that many people are intimidated and scared to patronize businesses in the area because there are people running up to them asking them for work when they arrive and when they leave.
Home Depot's have all of the building supplies to build these shacks on their property and help remove these eyesores from nieghborhoods. If law enforcement can't do anything about it, home depot should.
Ross

AOL

#2 May 28, 2009
Hey Wolack...Good idea about putting a marked off area for the illegals to be going to work,not paying taxes,free medical and of course once again "HERE ILLEGALLY"..Lets put that marked off area in that Vons shopping center right next to where you and your brother live..
LDT

Sun City, CA

#3 May 28, 2009
Along with building a shack teach the day laborers some manners ... Don't cat call women , keep all bodily fluids in an appropriate place maybe they could use Ceasar Millan " The Dog Whisperer " as a poster boy .
scatter

La Habra, CA

#4 May 28, 2009
I saw some gay people hiring some of them to walk in the protest march.
jimmy

California City, CA

#5 May 28, 2009
Sad deal , the area behind the home depot would be a good area to let the Day Labors stay .
When you go shopping there it is very not very comfortable haveing people eyeballing you and your stuff , I don't like going there to shop because of all those people there. The gates alone tell you of BEWARE .
Business owner

Mira Loma, CA

#6 May 28, 2009
This is wrong and should stop. This is what's wrong with our Country today.

Keep asking the (real) tax payers for more money State of ca. and let the rest of them do whatever they want.

Who hires these people? Who pays their workers comp and liability insurance? How about their payroll taxes???

It's the businesses that are doing things legally that pay the price in the end!!

Stop hiring these people unless you are willing to get their ID, put them on your payroll and pay what you must to do things right...

In what country can you get free medical, food, education, transportation, housing? USA!!!
xyz

San Diego, CA

#7 May 28, 2009
wow
_ABC

Los Angeles, CA

#8 May 28, 2009
You need to ask yourselves, who are the people that come and pick these guys up for work? They most likely a TAX PAYING citizen of the USA. If there was no demand there would be no "problem". I agree that they should NOT be taking a leak in public or doing cat calls to the women, but look where the problem stems from. Someone that wants "cheap" labor, that isnt willing to pay a contractor
JackSchitt

Whittier, CA

#9 May 28, 2009
It's about time people strap on their balls and take care of business-I love it!!! For the illegals that are arrested, PLEASE send them home! That's what's wrong with our country, giving free stuff to people who don't contribute to the system.
dontgetit

United States

#10 May 28, 2009
How come Lowe's doesn't have this problem? Maybe, just maybe they're paying these guys to go over to HomeDepot? Plus, how come I never see them in front of Ace hardware stores?? What part of "free country" don't you understand???
urmom

United States

#12 May 28, 2009
really, why isn't lowe having this problem?
dontgetit wrote:
How come Lowe's doesn't have this problem? Maybe, just maybe they're paying these guys to go over to HomeDepot? Plus, how come I never see them in front of Ace hardware stores?? What part of "free country" don't you understand???
JackSchitt

Whittier, CA

#13 May 28, 2009
urmom wrote:
really, why isn't lowe having this problem?
<quoted text>
I've always found Lowe's to be a nicer, friendlier, cleaner store than Home Depot. Perhaps Lowe's management doesn't allow the loitering.
POCHO

El Segundo, CA

#14 May 29, 2009
the stores owners in pico rivera should do the same thing.if shakeys pizza,in and out hamburgers,and taco bell had balls....they would this same thing.
whittier guy

AOL

#15 May 29, 2009
AngryWhittierResident wrote:
The home depot on gale is probably the second worst, with the one on sunset being #1 in terms of quantity of illegals standing around.
The one in burbank, off of alameda is bad as well but the city there built them a shack to sit in and wait. I have to say, it looks a hell of a lot better. I can understand what the business owners near home depot's are saying. it's obvious that many people are intimidated and scared to patronize businesses in the area because there are people running up to them asking them for work when they arrive and when they leave.
Home Depot's have all of the building supplies to build these shacks on their property and help remove these eyesores from nieghborhoods. If law enforcement can't do anything about it, home depot should.
how about this ........we do the right thing abd deport them ! theyre illegal !
Chupis

Glendale, CA

#16 May 29, 2009
everytime I need some landscape work done, I go straight over to that home depot. I have found those day laborers to be very polite and professional. I don't know what you people are talking about. Just make sure you don't hire any "chilangos" you want to stay away from them.
MackB

Humble, TX

#17 May 29, 2009
"With what is happening in Industry, it is important and essential that we sit down with the different parts of the community so we can come up with a way to collaborate and coexist," Alvarado said.

Members of the community do NOT need to "coexist" with the ILLEGALS!
SHOTCALLER

Stafford, VA

#18 May 29, 2009
if you dont pick up the day workers you are getting burned by the so called legal tax paying companys, the companys will charge you 8-10 for a roof job, this illegals will do it for 4000. The so called legal companys dont all pay the taxs.The legal companys will pickup the illegals to make a bigger profit.Yesterday my next door babe hired a so called white legal company to plant 6 shrubbs , the boss had blue eyes blonde hair and spoke better spanish than me, guess how many illegals they hired to plant 6 very nice shrubbs , [2 illegals] and the white guy was not doing shiitt. that whiteboy did not even provide the fellows with gloves,water or a rain poncho.I was talking to my next door babe and she told me that she did no this was going to happen to her . The company charged her 200. a shrubb ,she paid with a credit card ,she did not have the cash to pay for them, i asked the border brother how much the boss paid for the brushs they told me 50 bucks each what a rip off. my next door babe told me that next time she will pick them up herself.
Too Nice

Inglewood, CA

#19 May 29, 2009
EYESORE.....that's being nice ship these lawbreakers back home.
Chad Billingsley

Placentia, CA

#20 May 29, 2009
I'm more at odds with Asian drivers than mexicans urinating in the parking lot.I won't do business in that area simply because the people can't drive worth a crap. THEY endanger public safety!
Phil Thiejou

Placentia, CA

#21 May 29, 2009
Chupis wrote:
everytime I need some landscape work done, I go straight over to that home depot. I have found those day laborers to be very polite and professional. I don't know what you people are talking about. Just make sure you don't hire any "chilangos" you want to stay away from them.
So you should ask if they're Chilango??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Trojan 36,574
Mature Turd Interested in Young Pee 9 hr Rowland LG 3
Reptilian Master Running at Congress 12 hr Mr John Gonzalez 2
graffiti in whittier and unincorporated whittie... (Apr '07) 17 hr Fmk 280
News Ashley Campuzano selected Miss Downey for 2010 (Mar '10) Fri None 7
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) Thu Just saying 11,877
Sharkey Gary Reres Thu West coast 1

Brea Jobs

Personal Finance

Brea Mortgages