Davis

Whittier, CA

#4972 Aug 20, 2014
Obama Care wrote:
Bob your girls are of the highschool age any reason why we cant practice or play on the golden field there? It seems so many of the surrounding cities allow their city programs access to all sports programs on highschool fields. Instead they have their Soccer program train at Behrringer during fall?
either the school district or the athletic council won't allow it

but don't worry after the school bond passes and we/ LM tax payers build 2 new -as stated- football fields in Norwalk maybe we can then
BOD Historian

Brea, CA

#4973 Aug 21, 2014
Davis wrote:
<quoted text>
either the school district or the athletic council won't allow it
Or maybe it is because the BOD fired the Girls Varsity coach from his job as LMSA's U19 Club team after only 1 season.
Burning bridges
grass is greener

Covina, CA

#4974 Aug 21, 2014
don't look now, but there is another local option for those who can't get their club fix here in LM -
AC Brea. their BU14 premier team is enjoying a successful run. won the West Coast Futbol Classic for their fourth straight tourney win. several other age groups within the club also on the upswing.
just sayin'.
Davis

Whittier, CA

#4975 Aug 21, 2014
BOD Historian wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe it is because the BOD fired the Girls Varsity coach from his job as LMSA's U19 Club team after only 1 season.
Burning bridges
OR MAYBE NOT historian keep guessing about stuff maybe some day you'll get something right
LM Dad

Los Angeles, CA

#4976 Aug 21, 2014
BOD Historian wrote:
<quoted text>
Burning bridges
While pocketing some cash he wasnt something that merited my hard earned money.The team had below average season.Team had problems playing a tactical game. Girls this age its now more on what a coach can develope tactically not back to teaching basic skills so if he has the talent and cant win while collecting vrs Bylaws ?
Bye Bye......
Are you kidding me

Marina Del Rey, CA

#4977 Aug 21, 2014
grass is greener wrote:
don't look now, but there is another local option for those who can't get their club fix here in LM -
AC Brea. their BU14 premier team is enjoying a successful run. won the West Coast Futbol Classic for their fourth straight tourney win. several other age groups within the club also on the upswing.
just sayin'.
You select the one team to brag about. Truth is, only one Premier & one Gold team out of 27 teams in the club. 16 Bronze teams (almost 2/3 of the teams). I thing LMSA has a better percentage than that, lol. Just sayin'
LMSA future

Los Angeles, CA

#4978 Aug 21, 2014
grass is greener wrote:
just sayin'.
Greener grass comes with a price tag!
2000 dollars maybe, no disrespect for the u14 team but thats about the best team there aswell in the area. You can keep looking over your shoulder were not to far behind. Did our Bronze team play them to a 1 to 1 Draw.
just sayin.....dont forget the penalty LMSA kicked OB on purpose.
No disrepect to Coach Marius he developes kids but we have our own who seems to be doing just fine. Easily Bobs team would be a solid Silver Elite team now but i believe he has always said the season the team doesn't ascend a bracket hes out.
NicsDad

Rosemead, CA

#4979 Aug 22, 2014
LMSA future wrote:
<quoted text>
Greener grass comes with a price tag!
2000 dollars maybe, no disrespect for the u14 team but thats about the best team there aswell in the area. You can keep looking over your shoulder were not to far behind. Did our Bronze team play them to a 1 to 1 Draw.
just sayin.....dont forget the penalty LMSA kicked OB on purpose.
No disrepect to Coach Marius he developes kids but we have our own who seems to be doing just fine. Easily Bobs team would be a solid Silver Elite team now but i believe he has always said the season the team doesn't ascend a bracket hes out.
fees are considerably less than $2K, making it a great alternative to Rangers.
this team is very good. I give Bobby a lot of credit for developing his team. my son played for him at signature level. while my son would have preferred to play as a midfielder, Bobby held his ground and played him at center defense. he knew what he was doing, as my son is thriving at that position with brea! LM will likely do very well, and I wish them luck. I hope we get a rematch.
BOD too

Brea, CA

#4980 Aug 22, 2014
LM Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
While pocketing some cash he wasnt something that merited my hard earned money.The team had below average season.Team had problems playing a tactical game. Girls this age its now more on what a coach can develope tactically not back to teaching basic skills so if he has the talent and cant win while collecting vrs Bylaws ?
Bye Bye......

You should be ashamed of yourself Bob, for saying such things.
Coach C is miles ahead of you in areas where it realty counts. He was not even suppose to be the coach but a know it all parent backed out.

And we all know that you only agreed to kick him out because he would have taken the LMHS girls from your team. Because as the LMHS Varsity coach they all would have seen his coaching/team as an opportunity to learn the LMHS system and display their ability prior to the official start of HS soccer practice
Only a fool couldn't have seen those benefits
Davis

Whittier, CA

#4981 Aug 22, 2014
BOD too wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be ashamed of yourself Bob, for saying such things.
Coach C is miles ahead of you in areas where it realty counts. He was not even suppose to be the coach but a know it all parent backed out.
And we all know that you only agreed to kick him out because he would have taken the LMHS girls from your team. Because as the LMHS Varsity coach they all would have seen his coaching/team as an opportunity to learn the LMHS system and display their ability prior to the official start of HS soccer practice
Only a fool couldn't have seen those benefits
Just so that were clear when I post it's Davis I do not hide behind a name
so saying that you are wrong and aren't in the know of what happened
with what you are saying the priemier girls would go play for him
none of the 3 teams train or play the same system so there isnt any benifit for them to play for him, i did have one of my girls tell me that they liked to freshman coach over the jv coach

we aren't for the high school program as they arent here for us
you dont know the facts if my team were to lose the few girls that go to lmhs then the team wouldn't be able to survive, so saying what you are saying a few is better then the whole
LMSA info

Los Angeles, CA

#4982 Aug 22, 2014
Yeah i dont think a paid coach for LMSA had been approved so im sure he knew that by recieving money it would be against the LMSA rules Bylaws.

Anyone know where our teams will be playing this weekend?

Big Dawg are you really putting the ponytail up for the first team to go undefeated this Fall?
Mr Peabody

Whittier, CA

#4983 Aug 22, 2014
NicsDad wrote:
<quoted text>
fees are considerably less than $2K, making it a great alternative to Rangers.
this team is very good. I give Bobby a lot of credit for developing his team. my son played for him at signature level. while my son would have preferred to play as a midfielder, Bobby held his ground and played him at center defense. he knew what he was doing, as my son is thriving at that position with brea! LM will likely do very well, and I wish them luck. I hope we get a rematch.
That U14 Team is by far the greatest team in the are. To the likes of teams many will not play them because they stand to be embarrased. There have been a few from that team leave pre LMSA Club days that are now playing high level soccer. We dont know where this team will top out at, but it seems they keep winning at the lower level. For a city run program with a volunteer coach I think a Silver Elite team wasnt expected.
Maybe a good Silver Championship win could jump them to gold.
This Weekend

Whittier, CA

#4984 Aug 22, 2014
LMSA info wrote:
Yeah i dont think a paid coach for LMSA had been approved so im sure he knew that by recieving money it would be against the LMSA rules Bylaws.
Anyone know where our teams will be playing this weekend?
Big Dawg are you really putting the ponytail up for the first team to go undefeated this Fall?
GU11, GU13, GU14, BU9, BU13,BU15 - same tournaments as last weekend
Davis

Whittier, CA

#4985 Aug 23, 2014
NO
Somehow the GU19 issue was/is my fault not sure how but I'm sure it was.
After thinking about it for some time I have changed my stance on the 2 teams issue, why not? I also don't think that having a "B" team is right, lets just the let the coaches recruit players that fit their system and go play club, why make a kid/parent play for someone that maybe they don't like when someone else tells them that they will be the main forward and score lots of goals. also if having more younger's makes for a better team why limit it
As far as voting No for me I'm not going to run next year because I couldn't stand the humiliation of losing, we need new blood not some old wasted up ridged rules abiding individual that thinks he knows everything, how is that helping the program grow ??
The voting/ballot process has been changed and when the bylaws get posted we will know what they are.
Jack Daniels

Los Angeles, CA

#4986 Aug 24, 2014
I guess we missed your T time, Johnnie Walker, Jim Beam and myself....lol
Mixed feeling about Bob stepping down. any names with intent to run for that position? how about Jose Cuervo?
hes been a great friend to me.....
Reality is Bobwas a big part of bringing club to LMSA .
lmsa Coaching

La Mirada, CA

#4987 Aug 24, 2014
What is being done to better the teams that will struggle going Club or Signature?

Is it coaching?

Player talent?

Player pool?

Residency Rule?

Minimum Play Time Rule?

Skills nights are great for improvement but the level of rec kids along with age differences might be and should be factored in. A goalie coach has always been important for a growth of the competitive side. Why should quality Goal Keepers come to LMSA if we cant provide quality training for them. All Major clubs have this over us.
Mr Peabody

Whittier, CA

#4988 Aug 24, 2014
Ask yourself is it about the chance to play competitive soccer and participate or winnning and bringing Titles?
To win you need three of the five.
CSL Promotion Bias

La Mirada, CA

#4989 Aug 25, 2014
Mr Peabody wrote:
Ask yourself is it about the chance to play competitive soccer and participate or winnning and bringing Titles?
To win you need three of the five.
My nephew has played for FRangers B02 Blue sinxe 2012. At U10 they place d 3rd yet were promoted to Silver.(Didnt do well in league cup or State Cup either). Last year, 2013, again they placed 3rd in U11Silver, yet they will once again be promoted to U12 Silver Elite.( and again, no great snowing in tournaments or league cup. So im thinking, regardless of this years outcome, they should be promted to
Gold next year. Gotta love the Ayala Brothers!!!! Smooth Operators. So glad my kid is with Brea, where we teach our players that promotions are earned.
LMSA future

Pico Rivera, CA

#4990 Aug 26, 2014
Davis wrote:
NO
Somehow the GU19 issue was/is my fault not sure how but I'm sure it was.
After thinking about it for some time I have changed my stance on the 2 teams issue, why not? I also don't think that having a "B" team is right, lets just the let the coaches recruit players that fit their system and go play club, why make a kid/parent play for someone that maybe they don't like when someone else tells them that they will be the main forward and score lots of goals. also if having more younger's makes for a better team why limit it
As far as voting No for me I'm not going to run next year because I couldn't stand the humiliation of losing, we need new blood not some old wasted up ridged rules abiding individual that thinks he knows everything, how is that helping the program grow ??
The voting/ballot process has been changed and when the bylaws get posted we will know what they are.
New Fresh blood is always welcome, leadership at a director level must always be by someone that has more friends then enemies. A peoples person that can bring the program together with an open mind and not a cut dry shut down. Of which I think has been a negative for him. Its a position that needs someone who has knowledge and a soccer background that can make the competetive side bloom. Bob might have some great ideas for his GU16 team and for the Competitive side but when u have so many working against you things dont get done. But we are all grateful of his contribution to bring us club.
LMSA info

Los Angeles, CA

#4991 Aug 29, 2014
Brackets are out for Coast.
Xplosion " State Cup Champs" in with B2000 great match up. Silver Bracket teams have some good competitive matches to play. If Daddy coaching will be an issue we will see it at this level. LMSA has a few teams that can make a run out of Bronze in the younger level. The older teams time is running out. But with a good record in Silver a two level jump can happen.
LMSA JUST MIGHT HAVE A GOLD TEAM NEXT FALL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Running Out of Steamers: After Sale, Fullerton ... 3 hr dianA 1
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr tom wingo 29,850
News Santa Ana jury convicts two men of gang-related... (Jul '07) 6 hr vic 1,159
News Stanton man arrested on suspicion of sexual ass... Tue suzzbuzz20 1
Corrupt, Condescending, Commie Shrew For Prez! Tue Bill 1
News Honk: Are those 'Children at Play' signs legal? (Feb '11) Jul 17 Thankful I live i... 90
News Felon Arraigned on Assault, Robbery, Attempted ... Jun 29 Larry Miller 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brea Mortgages