Davis

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

No reason to be skeptical for my team. The intent is to be competitive play better teams and see/find weaknesses. Don't expect to win but need to be competitive to grow. We did have a little success in spring cup beating the spring cup champs in our flight and making it thru the first round of yes Gov bracket state cup no disillusions here. Not going to play against the blues or so cal, these are just stepping stones for the fall season nothing more. These tournaments are just a higher cost'ed scrimmage game with a prize, teams can borrow as many players as they want so there really isn't any true telling of those teams ability's in the fall.
Davis

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

CSL brackets are up and the Gu10 teams made Silver, great job team
rangers

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

How is it that Rangers BU10 Red placed 6th of 8 in Fall 2012(Bronze Central). Winning only 2 and losing 8, yet have been promoted to Silver for Fall 2013?(And yes they did equally poorly in League Cup). Please explain.
SoCalSoccer

Van Nuys, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

rangers wrote:
How is it that Rangers BU10 Red placed 6th of 8 in Fall 2012(Bronze Central). Winning only 2 and losing 8, yet have been promoted to Silver for Fall 2013?(And yes they did equally poorly in League Cup). Please explain.
Simple, CSL has lost so many good clubs to SCDSL, especially the strong OC clubs that there are many openings in the Silver and higher divisions. CSL has to fill them up with someone.

So any team that petitions and has a halfway decent story got the upgrade.

Its alright, the cream will still rise in all the divisions eventually.

Good luck everyone.
SoCalSoccer

Van Nuys, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

So the HS LMSA GU19 team was put into the Silver Elite bracket.
Good for them, great competition.

And LMSA has more club teams than Juventus or Pumas of La Habra. Wow, this is moving faster than I thought it would. Go LMSA

GIRLS UNDER 19: Silver Elite West

UPDATED ON JUNE 24, 2013

EL SEGUNDO GUNNERS G95RED
FC DEPORTIVO NORWALK
EL SEGUNDO GUNNERS GU19
BALDWIN PARK UNITED GU19
SOUTHWESTERN YSC
BALDWIN PARK NECAXA
WCS ACADEMY MAMBAS
LA MIRADA SOCCER G94
Boys Coach

Van Nuys, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

The CSL BU13 Bronze Central should be fun with:
AC Brea
La Mirada Soccer
Juventus FC (La Habra)
Xpolsion SC
All in the same group.
at least travel for them will be short.
Champion

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

SoCalSoccer wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple, CSL has lost so many good clubs to SCDSL, especially the strong OC clubs that there are many openings in the Silver and higher divisions. CSL has to fill them up with someone.
Good luck everyone.
Only the last of your misinformed makes sense. I get this blog is like your news paper alot of fluff,little substance. Try that their is an old very old team formation rule... Thats the answer. Your Welcome...
Richard Cebeza

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Sorry no such rule, your welcome
there not their
This is an Lmsa blog go away
Champion wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the last of your misinformed makes sense. I get this blog is like your news paper alot of fluff,little substance. Try that their is an old very old team formation rule... Thats the answer. Your Welcome...
SoCalSoccer

Van Nuys, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Champion wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly little man, I was talking about teams that had to petition to move up, not teams that did it by their performance in the regular season. In CSL teams that finished in the top 2 positions move up a level, bottom 2 move down automatically. 3rd place teams had to petition.

Even teams that just go 2 and out in League Cup doesn't hurt automatic regulation.

For everyone else they must petition and show a body of work that justifies upward regulation. But the spots available were so few that not many teams had successful petitions. But for the last few seasons the standards have been lowered to fill spots due to loss of high level clubs.

That would be obvious to anyone who doesn't have a personal stake in it all.

Don't get your chonies in a bunch the world does not revolve around you.
Beleiver

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Boys Coach wrote:
AC Brea
La Mirada Soccer
Juventus FC (La Habra)
Xpolsion SC
All in the same group.
I dont know about this bracket looks weak. Or the U13 looks strong. A few new teams like ours. True test will be when they play their first class one tourny in a few weaks.
other

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

SoCalSoccer wrote:
<quoted text>
Class III (3) tourneys are NOT for Bronze teams but many weaker Bronze teams petition to play down and are granted permission.
Sad team officials for doing that in my opinion.
With a full CSL Fall regular season and League Cup under the LMSA club teams belt they should get into Class 1 & 2 tourneys in the lower brackets and do ok.
Assuming the coaches learned something during the season.
Any Bronze team can play a Level III tournament. Does not matter if they are weaker or stronger. But if the tournament is a two level tournament sometimes the stronger bronze teams get moved up in Brackets. A class I tournament is all open to teams from all levels and expect to play teams from good bronze to maybe gold teams. It depends on what tournament it is. Be prepared to have the score run up on you its big leagues now.
SoCalSoccer

Van Nuys, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

other wrote:
<quoted text>
Any Bronze team can play a Level III tournament. Does not matter if they are weaker or stronger. But if the tournament is a two level tournament sometimes the stronger bronze teams get moved up in Brackets. A class I tournament is all open to teams from all levels and expect to play teams from good bronze to maybe gold teams. It depends on what tournament it is. Be prepared to have the score run up on you its big leagues now.
If tournament committees followed the Cal South Guidelines it wouldn't happen.
But tournaments are in it for the money. So guidelines can be ignored obviously.
Too bad its not fair to Sig and All-Star Cal South teams that want to play in a tournament with like teams.

Its sad to think a Bronze team would want to play Sig and Rec All-Star teams and then say they are Champions after winning that type of tournament.
SoCalSoccer

Van Nuys, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Beleiver wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont know about this bracket looks weak. Or the U13 looks strong. A few new teams like ours. True test will be when they play their first class one tourny in a few weaks.
All Bronze teams are weak when you realize it is Club ball.
The cream will rise.
The weak ones will stay Bronze a few more years then disband by U16.

That's how Bronze is suppose to work.

But these matches should be intense as it's neighborhood bragging rights.
Davis

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

No they can't - it isn't bronze it either competitive or recreation class I and II is comp and class III is rec some tournament move rec teams into class 1 like us last year BUT YOU CANT PLAY DOWN Cal south has to approve and sanction tournaments and if a tournament allowed a comp team to play down then the tournament would be in violation of cal south rules and they wouldn't have the insurance. Now if it's an AYSO tournament they have their own rules see below from cal south web site nothing mentioned about level of play I.E. bronze silver

Tournament Classifications

Class I: open to affiliated competitive teams from US Youth Soccer State Associations, Cal South and foreign countries
[**In Class I tournaments, "U9" signifies play for U8 teams. If a tournament is both Class I & Class III, a U8 division is noted as "U8/U9B"]
Class II: open to affiliated competitive teams from Cal South only.
Class III: open to affiliated recreation teams from US Youth Soccer State Associations, Cal South and foreign countries
Class IV: open to affiliated recreational teams from Cal South only.
Class V: open to affiliated teams within the host league's Cal South district only.
other wrote:
<quoted text>
Davis

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

FYI there are only a very few class III tournament to begin with. Like the Jusa friedship and they dont allow club teams to play there. Thats just about the only class III tournament I know of, what are the other ONLY class III tournaments?
Beleiver

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

most tournaments that have been level three are 90. percent club team Bronze anyways. So somthing isnt correct. you might get one maybe two sign. or ayso program teams. When you sign up for atourny they place you were they think you should be and who you should be with. So it isnt my call what we ask for. they check your background aswell. hopefully. if you close level three down for Bronze....most teams wouldnt go to tournaments. all that money for weak teams in level lll to be ridiculed by a gold teamplaying level l now.
cal south knows this. Or they wouldnt have had a governors bracket comprised of bronze teams. its money and equal level teams....
Beleiver

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Jusa tourny is the only one that prohibits any club team other then that sign up as a bronze team for a level three tourny and you will be with other bronze or tier lll teams from scdsl.
Davis

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

What other only class III only tornaments are there?

They may say that they have class III to get rec teams, like sig or Ayso to play but they play in class I brackets, you don't get to pick what level to play, ever done a tourny app?

Class I teams can't play class III tourneys, but class III can play class I

Really this is just a waste of time YOU CAN'T PLAY DOWN
golmsaclub

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Boys Coach wrote:
AC Brea
La Mirada Soccer
Juventus FC (La Habra)
Xpolsion SC
All in the same group.
we shouldn't have a problem against Xplosion. I hear this is their newly formed B team, many WAYS All Stars. The other Xplosion BU13 is Silver Elite.
rangers

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

SoCalSoccer wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck everyone.
I get it. So when clubs update their websites and post their many accomplishments including all of the Silver, Silver Elite, Gold, Premier teams they have,we can't assume that placement in those brackets was actually earned...that those teams were promoted due to their records... Who knows how many of those teams were actually promoted due to petitions, hahaha....Nice!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Brea News Video

•••
•••

Brea Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Brea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE