LAFC

Los Angeles, CA

#2134 Mar 30, 2013
You guys are very confident for not having any experience in the soccer world. Signature isn't even considered an achievement but you guys celebrate it as the world cup. That is the problem with your group.
Strikers FC whittier

Visalia, CA

#2135 Mar 30, 2013
Open practice for G04 u9 8/01/04-7/31/05 looking for players that want to take their game to the next level Practice Days Mon 530-645 La Habra High School below the track. Thursday 545-7 at Whittier Sports Complex. More info on website www.whittier.strikersfcclub.com
LMSA Parent

South Gate, CA

#2136 Mar 31, 2013
I have no problem with the coaches being confident in their abilities even if they are parents of the team. But I am concerned that this club is for the 5% of people in the organization and it is fueled by the egos of the new board members and the signature coaches who have won.

I would have liked to see either a public vote or a survey done before launching this, or hire someone who knows what they are doing in club soccer. Not people with no experience trying to figure it out as they go. Just my opinion I am glad this blog exists because it seems from reading previous posts that some board members listen and read our concerns. I just sometimes wish they acted on our concerns though.

Debbie P.
Timmi J

Whittier, CA

#2137 Mar 31, 2013
Debbie, we take the concerns of La Mirada and the body of our membership as a priority. Each of us put more that 40 hours of volunteer work in each month to make this program happen that come from lining field buying gear negootiing with the city. If you have a concern our meetings open our emails are posted on our website. And of course your volunteer work is always appreciated. It has been my mantra for years is that we need long term capital improvements in our city to make it better and that come from having multiple levels of play. This blog is nothing more than entertaining for the majority of us on it. Contact me and I will explain our vision our work ethic and our long terms goals.
$club

United States

#2138 Mar 31, 2013
LMSA Parent wrote:
I have no problem with the coaches being confident in their abilities even if they are parents of the team. But I am concerned that this club is for the 5% of people in the organization and it is fueled by the egos of the new board members and the signature coaches who have won.

I would have liked to see either a public vote or a survey done before launching this, or hire someone who knows what they are doing in club soccer. Not people with no experience trying to figure it out as they go. Just my opinion I am glad this blog exists because it seems from reading previous posts that some board members listen and read our concerns. I just sometimes wish they acted on our concerns though.

Debbie P.
That's what board meetings are for. If people care enough, they would go voice their opinion. Nobody EVER goes to the meetings, minus the members.

I completely disagree with its more for the coaches. Being one of those coaches, I asked my parents, many if not all said YES! Plus once a kid gets to U11-12 if they have not started "training", its pretty much a catch up game they will more than likely not catch.

That said, not all kids are meant to play club, and rec is fun for them.
interested

Downey, CA

#2139 Mar 31, 2013
We have long been told by our coach that if a club team is scouting our child then they have done their job as rec coaches. To make them ready for the next level. Now lmsa is trying to keep those players without offering more in the way of training. I think,and im sure many lmsa coaches wont agree, that a D licence is essential in retaining those players. At least someone in charge of training with upper level experience in training. How many lmsa coaches have got at least a D licence? As a parent I would feel more comfortable knowing that my child is learning from someone who had the drive and took the time to educate themselves. The man or woman with the highest licence should be put in charge not the biggest talker. Does lmsa have anyone with higher than an E licence?
Strikers FC

Visalia, CA

#2140 Mar 31, 2013
Strikers FC whittier wrote:
Open practice for G04 u9 8/01/04-7/31/05 looking for players that want to take their game to the next level Practice Days Mon 530-645 La Habra High School below the track. Thursday 545-7 at Whittier Sports Complex. More info on website www.whittier.strikersfcclub.com
. This is only regarding girls!
anonymous coach

Los Angeles, CA

#2141 Mar 31, 2013
Theres two coaches w D lic among us.
I personally do not.
But...i have close to half a century invoved in the sport. Played it ! Since the age of four. Played it in latin america under the professional teams acadamy and developmental programs.. Came to US. IN 1981 scouted to play professionaly or college soccer. Played college. I eat breath dream soccer i have six soccer channels been to three world cups spend free time at our local youth fields study the teams and their games. so when people are worried about a D lic. I question it. If you went into battle would you want someone that has fought in combat or one who read the Manuel. So please look at all the factors before judgments are made about LMSA COACHING. Im not going to glamourize my past to everyone. and boast my name here and there....we have had enough of those in the past. But as a coach i offer my knowledge to anyone in need. i think i know the game more than some Club coaches. Wouldnt you think.? I have the D manuel its nice to have. But have been to the school of hard knocks better. I have seen the work of our coaches and its fine.....dont jump ship. Dont throw us under the bus untill after fall in coast. And look at our present coast teams now. Above 500 winning %. Should be ok as a organization for a first year club.
interested

Downey, CA

#2142 Apr 1, 2013
Thank you for answering and you are right, your experience makes up for any coaching licence and the kids on your team are lucky to have a coach with such knowledge. I guess im talking about the other coaches who have little or no playing experience. What should we do with those lot.
Messi

Arcadia, CA

#2143 Apr 1, 2013
LAFC wrote:
Its funny reading the posts about Signature championships. Wow that must mean a lot. I am sorry not one of your coaches is a national coach, none of them could even pass a D class if they tried. Good luck to you guys, you will need it.
you guys, of all people, know that all the limos and fancy ez-up, banners, etc. don't make you a successful club. why crack back on LM's intitial effort at club soccer? give 'em some time.
NicsDad

Arcadia, CA

#2144 Apr 1, 2013
Open tryouts for Fall BU13 Tier 2 team. This team is legit. Practices are held on Tuesday/Thursday at Whittier Sports Complex, 6:30 - 8PM

Check us out.

http://whittier.strikersfcclub.com/index.php/...
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2145 Apr 1, 2013
Hi Debbie, Lmsa is for all the kids in La Mirada well 99% of them, we talk here about the "club" because it is new. It takes up a lot of time at our bod meetings because it is new and some many have questions. We are trying to make the right bod decision by vote, you remember when the whole program was run by one person and his/their demand was law. The "rec" side is doing great and will always be the core program, we now can offer something to 99% of the kids in LM, yes there is still the 1% that are to good to play here and those players are great and should be playing somewhere else with player there own level, maybe after a few yrs under our belt we will be able to offer something to that last 1%. There was no ego in me putting the proposal together it was done so that kids in LM can play here with their friends and class mates nothing more nothing less - IT IS FOR THE KIDS NOT MY OR ANYONE'S ELSE EGO- trust me.

Having a vote would do what, and would that vote be for selfish reasons not the development of our program and especially the benefit of the kids? BTW I ran a club program for 4 yrs on the bod for 12 yrs and coached "club" for 10 yrs so we do have someone with local exper. and others that have played at upper levels and have kids playing at those levels that will bring those exper. back to our program.

I'll listen what is your concern with having a club program?

Many of the same proponents of signature are the same as with the club program, didn't the signature program help the rec program and gave 90 + kids a chance to play as All Stars that might not have been able to before, wasn't that good for them?

Why so many concerns aren't acted on is because they themselves are selfish in nature and are just blog's about trashing someone.

THE BEST THING ABOUT YOUR BLOG IS THAT YOU HAD THE COURAGE TO SIGN IT THANK YOU
LMSA Parent wrote:
Debbie P.
LM Dad

Canyon Country, CA

#2146 Apr 1, 2013
The Brea AC Gold BU12 team is having Tryouts.

You really want to know if your son can play with the best, is the best, can be the best ?

Try out. This is one of the best teams in the area.
Moving up from Bronze as U9s to Gold as U12s.

You want to see what a Gold team plays like here is a link to their Springsoccer schedule. Go see them play. They play this Saturday at Brea Sports Complex at 1045am

http://www.schedulesetc.com/soccer/schedules....

And by the way Brea ACs DOC is Mr. Morse, the LM resident who LMSA let get away.

OPEN TRYOUTS Boys U12

Tuesdays and Thursdays
Time: 6:30pm-8:30pm
3333 E. Birch St. Brea CA 92821
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2147 Apr 1, 2013
I have to say something about the D licence. The reason that it was part of the proposal was to get coaches that want to learn and become better coaches now that we will be facing coaches that take this seriously. Does a D licence make you a great coach of course not, but you will learn something that you didn't know before, that in it's self will make you a better coach, maybe wetting the appetite and going for more. I know that from my own personal exper. that it helped me understand how to run a better practice session understand that building fundamentals takes time and is more important then winning. When I left that class I couldn't get enough, wish I would have went further a big reget. The interaction between other coachs with the same desire was priceless and being able to talk coaching with others was a lot of fun and that will help the kids.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2148 Apr 1, 2013
I'll ask how did LMSA let Matt get away?
LM Dad wrote:
The Brea AC Gold BU12 team is having Tryouts.
You really want to know if your son can play with the best, is the best, can be the best ?
Try out. This is one of the best teams in the area.
Moving up from Bronze as U9s to Gold as U12s.
You want to see what a Gold team plays like here is a link to their Springsoccer schedule. Go see them play. They play this Saturday at Brea Sports Complex at 1045am
http://www.schedulesetc.com/soccer/schedules....
And by the way Brea ACs DOC is Mr. Morse, the LM resident who LMSA let get away.
OPEN TRYOUTS Boys U12
Tuesdays and Thursdays
Time: 6:30pm-8:30pm
3333 E. Birch St. Brea CA 92821
Soccer Dad

Canyon Country, CA

#2149 Apr 1, 2013
Love LMSA's new logo.
Its on the right column of the web site.
our blogs

Whittier, CA

#2150 Apr 1, 2013
Latlely whats up with these poachers advertising their club tryouts here? the reason the league went to competetive/club soccer was to prevent the kids from leaving now....true its tier two and gold level tryouts but still its our LMSA blogs not a club tryout Bulletin Board. yeah great new Logo and direction we are headed..
Soccer has no boundaries

Whittier, CA

#2151 Apr 1, 2013
our blogs wrote:
Latlely whats up with these poachers advertising their club tryouts here? the reason the league went to competetive/club soccer was to prevent the kids from leaving now....true its tier two and gold level tryouts but still its our LMSA blogs not a club tryout Bulletin Board. yeah great new Logo and direction we are headed..
LA Galaxy are through to the CONCACAF Champions League semifinals for the first time in club history where they will take on two-time defending CCL champions Monterrey of Liga MX. The first leg of the series will take place Wednesday, April 3 at 7 p.m.
Timmi J

Whittier, CA

#2152 Apr 1, 2013
Just the smack talkers trying to poach creating their marking scam. You know how it is they denigrate our progam that serves all then they wait on the touch lines to make a profit from our hard work. Unfortunately that is how childrens sports has been evolving. We will make it better here in LMSA
Big Money

Whittier, CA

#2153 Apr 1, 2013
Those who wish to leave have every right to go. Strikers $1500+uniform, Brea the same. Remember most of those coaches teach you everything they know in a year. It then becomes about kids playing together as a group and recruiting better players. LMSA gives a choice just like Juventus and Xplosion. Affordable. Enjoy it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin Nation 27,980
Helicopters flying over home for past hour? 2 hr Wassup 2
Crystal Cathedral memorial stones to be removed (Aug '13) 21 hr confused one 3
Way of the peaceful warrior: Barios Unidos figh... (Aug '10) Wed peaceful streets 123
Agent: Ellison didn't know Vicodin was a contro... (May '10) Wed Flatulence Fred 39
LMP gang celebrates 31 years (Jun '08) Tue Lmp567 1,753
Honk: Are those 'Children at Play' signs legal? (Feb '11) Oct 27 BeKind2Others 81

Brea News Video

Brea Dating
Find my Match

Brea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Brea News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brea

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]