Think

Simi Valley, CA

#1991 Mar 5, 2013
You are a mess. You are allowed to borrow players if you are going to be short to play. Spring teams have more conflicts with other sports, school activities etc. and this is the same as in past springs playing in JUSA. It would be from other LMSA teams and is available so that everyone can play on not forfeit. Wow! some people are always trying to create problems.
Davis

Whittier, CA

#1992 Mar 5, 2013
Lmsa is not encouraging guest players to replace spring players but as it was pointed out spring is a bit dif then the fall with players. My team has 2 leaving for Dc Wednesday missing the next 3 games and another with a bad ankle, she may out for another few weeks, so I asked one of my old fall players who is taking the spring off to fill in for the next 2 wks, is that ok?
If there is a problem with your child and playing time PLEASE email and I'll look into it.

Bob
Davis

Whittier, CA

#1993 Mar 5, 2013
Lmsa does have a problem with teams hopping fences and entering the schools before 4:30 so if you want to rat someone out let me know we need to stop this now before we upset the schools and lose the fields completely. then we won't need to worry about lights. Nobody is allowed to enter the schools not even to setup before 4:30.
but Bob we see you there well before 4:30 training your kids, true but I'm special because that is the Benton school team not my Lmsa team.

doing what I can to get back on the list, when my mom found out I was dropped from the Hottie list she disowned me. no more inheritance for me
Helper

Canyon Country, CA

#1994 Mar 5, 2013
Talking about yourself ion the third person now, eh

First sign of dementia.
By the way, 1 & 1 in club. Keep up the good work.
Davis wrote:
Lmsa does have a problem with teams hopping fences and entering the schools before 4:30 so if you want to rat someone out let me know we need to stop this now before we upset the schools and lose the fields completely. then we won't need to worry about lights. Nobody is allowed to enter the schools not even to setup before 4:30.
but Bob we see you there well before 4:30 training your kids, true but I'm special because that is the Benton school team not my Lmsa team.
doing what I can to get back on the list, when my mom found out I was dropped from the Hottie list she disowned me. no more inheritance for me
Timmi J

Whittier, CA

#1995 Mar 6, 2013
come to find out wrote:
Give us a break will you,im talking about 6 year olds,U8. Are you trying to tel me its ok for guesting players at that age. My six year old cant cut it so we will take away the experience of the game from her. LMSA is getting too big for their boots if they allow that.
Ill let you know where shes playing, should be a good show
If there is a problem with play time address it to the coach and then board we will deal with it. The coach should have the first opportunity to fix the problem before his name gets blasted anonomously. Remember he is the one who volunteered to coach your child. If after you have talked to the coach then bring it to the board. That way both sides are aired outside of an anonomus form. That will allow us to interview the coach parent and other team members. It is completely and wholely unfair to disparage a program without an investigation. The singular mission for the organization is to develop these kids into better soccer players. We can not do it with out coaches. The singular thing that bothers me about your post is the anonimity of it. In my tenure as a soccer coach some have ran my name down and said incredibly mean and untrue thing about me. That being said those who chose to discuss my coaching with me I have been receptive to their suggestions and made changes. If we continually run down our coaches and anonomously talk about our coaches how much do you think they will take before they quit. We need coaches at the higher levels and how the parents and board treats them at that younger levels will determine if they coach U16 in ten years. I want you child to be playing through U19 in La Mirada. Come on mate be brave come and break bread with us so we can work it out, because it does no good throw stones. We all live in glass houses.
Timmi J

Whittier, CA

#1996 Mar 6, 2013
come to find out wrote:
What have I been doing with my time. Shame on me raising a child who needs a little work on their pasding and shooting
You can always coach and help more than just your own. You are obviouly passionate. Bring your skill to the table brother.
Helper

Canyon Country, CA

#1997 Mar 6, 2013
Love the words but the reality of a volunteers situation always sets in.
My kid had a great coach once. He had knowledge, experience, was a great communicator to the kids. Knew what it took to get to the kids and knew how and why parents put their kids in Rec soccer.

Myself and almost all the parents on our team tried to get him the following season. But found out the "BOARD" didn't give him a team because he didn't play ball with them.

Kissing up to the BOARD is more important than coaching skill in Rec sports.

That, I am sorry to say is the reality of the non-board member.
Parent

South Gate, CA

#1998 Mar 6, 2013
I feel this club thing is not a good idea because they are not going to bring in club coaches with a lot of proven experience and some success. I am not saying we need national coaches, but having parents as coaches of our club teams, come on now. I would rather have my kid play rec not pay high prices by a coach who is an impostor of a coach. None of our current LMSA coaches I believe have any high training or high licenses.

I would like to see LMSA bring someone in manage and run the club side strictly.
In the know

Canyon Country, CA

#1999 Mar 6, 2013
Having the Sig teams play club is a first step.

And it can be great if the Mom & Dad coaches allow the La Mirada SC program to grow and develop.
Getting a quality, permanent Coaching Trainer who is gonna be around for the long haul and not leave when his kid ages out should be somewhere on LMSA's short term goal list.

One thing everyone should understand, the Club teams will pay their own way. The Rec teams should not be affected.

With all the unused field space in LM game days should still be as long as usual.

Go LMSA
Timmi J

Whittier, CA

#2000 Mar 6, 2013
Helper wrote:
Love the words but the reality of a volunteers situation always sets in.
My kid had a great coach once. He had knowledge, experience, was a great communicator to the kids. Knew what it took to get to the kids and knew how and why parents put their kids in Rec soccer.
Myself and almost all the parents on our team tried to get him the following season. But found out the "BOARD" didn't give him a team because he didn't play ball with them.
Kissing up to the BOARD is more important than coaching skill in Rec sports.
That, I am sorry to say is the reality of the non-board member.
Please be specific if you are going to talk about someone innuendo is so unfrair. You know how to get ahold of anyone to have your concerns addressed.
Timmi J

Whittier, CA

#2001 Mar 6, 2013
Parent wrote:
I feel this club thing is not a good idea because they are not going to bring in club coaches with a lot of proven experience and some success. I am not saying we need national coaches, but having parents as coaches of our club teams, come on now. I would rather have my kid play rec not pay high prices by a coach who is an impostor of a coach. None of our current LMSA coaches I believe have any high training or high licenses.
I would like to see LMSA bring someone in manage and run the club side strictly.
Paying for a coach does not make it better. The skill we have on our touch lines is amazing, and you know what they want to do it for La Mirada and the kids of La Mirada. This is our city our place and our home. We don't need marketing scams or to line peoples pockets simply because they have a good sales pitch. Our sig coaches all have E License's which is the same as the majority of club coaches. Many are workgin on D Licenses and it is my goal to have 5 C level coaches in 5 years.
Soccer Fan

Santa Ana, CA

#2002 Mar 6, 2013
Timmi J wrote:
<quoted text> Paying for a coach does not make it better. The skill we have on our touch lines is amazing, and you know what they want to do it for La Mirada and the kids of La Mirada. This is our city our place and our home. We don't need marketing scams or to line peoples pockets simply because they have a good sales pitch. Our sig coaches all have E License's which is the same as the majority of club coaches. Many are workgin on D Licenses and it is my goal to have 5 C level coaches in 5 years.
Not paying for a coach makes it any better. Your points are off what the person was saying. You should bring people with experience. Saying you want 5 coaches with C's won't happen. You don't even have any coaches with D's plus there is a waiting period before you can do that. A club run by strictly moms and dads is a recipe for disaster. Get people with real experience is what they were saying, didn't say charge a lot of money but look to bring someone in who can actually do it the right way.
LM Parent

Whittier, CA

#2003 Mar 6, 2013
A C license trainer will cost you a lot of money if they are any good.
Club players will jump from clubs for better trainer or more playing time.
They don't care about playing in La Mirada. They only have a handfull of home games anyway.
You already have problems getting coaches, by what the email I got said, for teams and now you say 5 with C's. seriously!
As in the know says, having our signature teams play in csl is a good first step. Don't get ahead of yourself.
Soccer BOD

Canyon Country, CA

#2004 Mar 7, 2013
Had an interesting talk with a JUSA Ref yesterday.
The JUSA refs HATE signing up to work LMSA teams when they go to JUSA fields.
They say LMSA parents and coaches have developed a reputation of being totally out of control when the calls don't go they way they want.
It seems the LMSA people, in JUSA's opinion, have no concept of what recreation soccer is all about and that sportsmanship must always be displayed in front of the kids, regardless of what is happening on the field.

Don't know if that's true or not but did hear of several out of control LMSA coaches who got banned from going to JUSA fields in the past.
Davis

Whittier, CA

#2005 Mar 7, 2013
Soccer Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even have any coaches with D's plus there is a waiting period before you can do that. A club run by strictly moms and dads is a recipe for disaster.
No "D's" not true.
If Mia Hamm had kids and trained them would that make her a mom coach? Just a few yrs ago there was a survey done, if you will, to look at mom and dad coaches/trainers and it was found that a large majority of trainers fit that mom and dad criteria. And just because you charge money doesn't mean that you are better.
It isn't whether they have kids or not it is whether they took the time to learn how to be a coach/trainer.
IMHO just because you played doesn't make you a trainer either.
just my .02
Timmi J

Whittier, CA

#2006 Mar 7, 2013
Soccer Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not paying for a coach makes it any better. Your points are off what the person was saying. You should bring people with experience. Saying you want 5 coaches with C's won't happen. You don't even have any coaches with D's plus there is a waiting period before you can do that. A club run by strictly moms and dads is a recipe for disaster. Get people with real experience is what they were saying, didn't say charge a lot of money but look to bring someone in who can actually do it the right way.
We train our coaches who volunteer and pay for their training so that we grow our coaches into C level coaches. That is what I am talking about. And yes parents running a program in a city they pay taxes in for other kids in their city and while using the league funds to better their training so that they give back to the soccer community they are from. Yea sounds like armageddon get me a stick and a marshmellow, cause I want ring side seats for that show.
In the know

Canyon Country, CA

#2007 Mar 7, 2013
Timmi J wrote:
<quoted text>We train our coaches who volunteer and pay for their training so that we grow our coaches into C level coaches. That is what I am talking about. And yes parents running a program in a city they pay taxes in for other kids in their city and while using the league funds to better their training so that they give back to the soccer community they are from. Yea sounds like armageddon get me a stick and a marshmellow, cause I want ring side seats for that show.
So what happens when these coaches' kids age out. Any knowledge and experience is lost to the program. Or when they decide to look for a stronger club program. Same thing.
LMSA must think outside the Mom/Dad coaching box.
And by the way everyone knows LMSA reimburses coaches for any fees they might pay to take a higher level class
$club

Modesto, CA

#2008 Mar 8, 2013
In the know wrote:
<quoted text>So what happens when these coaches' kids age out. Any knowledge and experience is lost to the program. Or when they decide to look for a stronger club program. Same thing.
LMSA must think outside the Mom/Dad coaching box.
And by the way everyone knows LMSA reimburses coaches for any fees they might pay to take a higher level class
What happens is other coaches will need to step up. One sig team has 2 assistants, plus head coach. If head coach leaves then 1 of the two assistants can step in and keep things running. If a head coach does not want assistants then the new person incoming would have to find their way. If a head coach can't get anyone to volunteer their time then that's on the 15 parents that have failed to support the cause.
Sole blame does not lay on the head coach. What about the players that leave? Same thing for the coach. They come and go, just like players. Build a strong foundation on the team, starting with coaching staff, then build a team with players willing/wanting to learn, as well as dedicated PARENTS and you have a recipe for success.
If you don't know soccer, start watching it, start learning. Spend time learning it. Find a mentor, we have a lot in LMSA. Not a lot of excuses IMO.
In the know

Canyon Country, CA

#2009 Mar 8, 2013
So every age starts from scratch.
Not a good formula for long term success.

Hopefully your Mr $club are not on the BOD
Timmi J

Whittier, CA

#2010 Mar 8, 2013
In the know wrote:
So every age starts from scratch.
Not a good formula for long term success.
Hopefully your Mr $club are not on the BOD
We blew out the old soccer organization and now we have 5 years of LMSA with record attendance and added signature and did well we now have added the ability to play csl. We engaged in negotiation for permanents lights at benton and are making moves to have temporary lights. Kids soccer is not a buisness and should not be treated as such making it a pay to play. I am sure we will all implode from our lack of soccer knowledge and desperately need to pay someone to be the oracle of soccer in La Mirada. Sorry I got to go I have an appointement with the Mayans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 35 min Toppix Archive Hi... 29,629
News How an American Became an Al Qaeda Spokesman 1 hr ky man 1
News Woman in birth tourism case arrested 1 hr ky man 1
Cathy Torrez murder in 1994 (Jul '07) 5 hr WCN 15
Message For God's Elect Children The Jewish Peo... 6 hr Wild_America 11
Schuller Family Announces Founder Of Crystal Ca... 12 hr Mole Man 3
News Former Crystal Cathedral transitions to Catholi... (Sep '13) 12 hr Pastor Digby 5
More from around the web

Brea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]