Children's tutor > math, english, rea...

Children's tutor > math, english, reading, private Rancho Cucamonga

There are 14 comments on the cahoota.com story from May 7, 2008, titled Children's tutor > math, english, reading, private Rancho Cucamonga. In it, cahoota.com reports that:

Rancho Cucamonga math, English, private, reading on-line tutors

Join the discussion below, or Read more at cahoota.com.

“One is what one does”

Since: Jun 08

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#1 Jun 3, 2008
I have a tutoring center here in Rancho Cucamonga. We offer both paid and unpaid tutoring (depending on the individual's needs and financial situation.)

Our paid tutoring consists of one-to-one, uninterrupted teaching. Our volunteer tutoring is done on an as-available basis, but we never turn anyone away. Usually, Fridays is best for volunteer work as it is the slowest work day.

Learning is essential. Each person's future depends on what they know and how they use it.

I consider myself very fortunate to be able to help people for a living.
My tutoring center is called: Accent on Basic Skills.

All ages are welcome and all subjects from ABCs to calculus are covered.

We also have a computer lab that is connected to the Internet (and always monitored by staff) that is free for public use.

If you want to contact me, just send me an e-mail via this forum.
-Marcus Solomon

“One is what one does”

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#2 Jun 5, 2008
bumpin'
tammie conto

Santa Ana, CA

#3 Sep 30, 2008
Learning Center wrote:
bumpin'
math

“One is what one does”

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#4 Oct 1, 2008
tammie conto wrote:
<quoted text>
math
Math? That's it? Just math? Okay. I do that all day long...never thought that would happen.

I used to be very reluctant to do math and it took many years to conquer my personal "math-phobia."

In fourth grade, I had a teacher that was an anti-semite, and she mistakenly thought I was Jewish. Consequently, rather than build me up (as any teacher should), she took every opportunity to humiliate me. I was alread a voracious reader, so she could not stifle any academic skill that had to do with reading...but math was another story.

Math requires a lot of pencil-pushing. I had a broken arm and that particular "teacher" gave me timed math tests. I could not write too well with my left hand, so she would put a big, red "F" at the top, tape it to the chalkboard, and would have me stand next to it while she told the other kids how stupid I was. She also made me stand in the middle of the playground at recess and do math while the other children played all around me.

It took many years, but once I realized what the source of the problem was negative classical conditioning (the pairing of math with embarassment) I made it a point to overcome the damage done to my psyche.

That long-ago experience helps me remember today to be very careful about how I talk to students that are struggling with any subject. Self-consciousness can slow down learning quite a bit. It is important to be supportive and motivational while also being informatinal and firm.

That teacher really did teach me something. She taught me how NOW to treat someone who is trying to learn.

Marcus Solomon
Accent on Basic Skills Tutoring
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Megan McElroy

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#6 Feb 17, 2009
I was wondering if you have work available. I am an eighth grade teacher and I teach science and algebra. I would love to tutor algebra in particular, but can be of help with all subjects. Please let me know if there are jobs available.
You can email me at [email protected]

Thank you,
Megan
Megan McElroy

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#7 Feb 17, 2009
I was wondering if you have work available. I am an eighth grade teacher and I teach science and algebra. I would love to tutor algebra in particular, but can be of help with all subjects. Please let me know if there are jobs available.

Thank you,
Megan

“One is what one does”

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#8 Feb 19, 2009
Megan McElroy wrote:
Thank you,
Megan
Megan,
I am not supposed to put phone numbers here on this message board, but you can easily find me by doing a quick Google search. I do not have any hours for you now, but I can point you in the right direction.

Call me:
Marcus Solomon
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
cookie

Redondo Beach, CA

#9 Apr 14, 2009
Hi. My child needs help in math and reading comprehension. I can pay but I'm financially challenged. A single mom, but wants to do it all for my child. How do I get in touch? Thanks.

“One is what one does”

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#10 Apr 18, 2009
cookie wrote:
Hi. My child needs help in math and reading comprehension. I can pay but I'm financially challenged. A single mom, but wants to do it all for my child. How do I get in touch? Thanks.
I never turn anyone away for a lack of funds. Whenever a student of any age needs help, I find a way to make it happen. I can also provide you with a lot of free, online learning resources available on the Internet.I cannot advertise via the Topix bulletin board, but I am easy to find via the Google search engine. Hope we can help.

Marcus Solomon
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
anne

United States

#11 Apr 29, 2009
How about French tutoring for a child? This would be paid. Thanks!
HeyJude

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#12 Aug 12, 2009
Mr. Solomon,

I see no activity on your thread since April, does this mean you are no longer offering any services and forgot to update us? Or are you now so busy you havent bumped in a while?

Please, let us know.

“One is what one does”

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#13 Aug 16, 2009
I had not seen any repiies to my messages until today. I am sorry, we do not have a French tutor, but I know I can find one if you are still interested.
Call my office: I am easy to find via google search. I cannot post my number here. Thank you.
Helen

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#14 Oct 21, 2009
Do you have tutoring available for a child with adhd?
marshal

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#15 Apr 29, 2010
hi..
i have bachlor degree in mechanical engineering from india.i can teach maths and computers to any one.can i work as volunteer?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 24 min LeavesPharts 33,407
News Sweep targets local gang (Nov '08) 7 hr secret Asian man 125
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 7 hr Huh 9,100
La Mirada Music Thread (Oct '15) 13 hr Musikologist 4
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Fri False Flag Follies 4,550
News Honk: Are those 'Children at Play' signs legal? (Feb '11) Jul 5 Tolerant human 120
News 'Cars 3': 17 Things to Know about Lightning McQ... Jun 24 Pure Love 3

Brea Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brea Mortgages