Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

Used to party in LM wrote:
The only thing I remember in old La Mirada is the
night club at the La Mirada Mall. I think it was
called Jimmy's. I had a lot of fun there! In fact that was the first night club I went dancing at. LOL aahh. The good old days!
Yeah but I heard Jimmy's was a gay club.
Good ol Days

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

La Mirada was one of the best places as a kid to grow up in the 50's, 60's, and 70's.

I remember the Tasty Burger on Imperial. When Carl's had great chilli dogs and crinkle-cut fries. The mini golf was good times. Regional park used to have a great 4th of July celebration with boat races on the lake and live bands. I used to race BMX at the park. Pop Warner football when there was a red side & a blue side of the city. The original berhinger park surrounded by oil fields. Riding dirt bikes east of Beach Blvd in the hills (all houses now). Market Basket and cashing in soda bottles. The hitting the Rexal for candy with the money. Hutchinson was an elementary school and Mc Nally was the middle school. Jumping the fence at Neff High to drive the Ford trucks. Having ice cream a the Thrifty in the original LM mall.'Lizard Every Log' now a part of creek park. Originally maintained by the Boy Scouts. That place was awesome. Riding BMX and getting nuts where Stater Bros is now. That area used to be a huge gully. Fishing at Biola creek. Never caught anything but frogs and crawdads. Actually traveled inside the storm drain from biola college to Kling area.

Certainly too much to list. Basically told your parents you'd be home by dark and they knew you'd be alright.
RES---1962

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

How about Willow Creek boy that was the place to ride BMX bikes you could Realy get some air
LMHS ALUMNI

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2008

For those of you that enjoyed the food at Dos Amigos on Beach Blvd.....Rafael & Rossy Delgado (Server & Cook at Dos) bought the EL COMAL restaurant on Imperial & Valley View about 4 months ago! Had lunch there today it was really good!!!! Give it a try!
Bored in La Mirada

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2008

The same Dos Amigos food is served at Gardunos on Telegraph Rd. at Leffingwell in the 99 Cent Store / Goodwill Store strip.
Older Fella

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

I'm going to guess you're all too young to go this far back... cow tipping where the golf course is now! Gee those things would go gangbusters down hill when you'd knock 'em over just right! Milk would come spitting out and spattering all over the place. Hearing their ribs crack and pop! Those were good times.
Dial a Ride

Arcadia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Anyone remember the giant robot at regional park? I remember two girls at LMHS that climbed out the head of the robot and stood on top. They then got so scared someone had to call the fire department to get them down. A article was later written by one of the girls and appeared in the LMHS school newspaper with the title "Terror Atop the Robot". Classic stuff - early 80's.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 27 of27
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Orange County was issued at July 13 at 1:38PM PDT

•••
•••

Brea News Video

•••
•••

Brea Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••