graffiti in whittier and unincorporat...

graffiti in whittier and unincorporated whittier...

Posted in the Brea Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
SICK OF ALL THE GRAFFIT

Van Nuys, CA

#1 Apr 26, 2007
Ok, I hope it isn't just me, but I am really upset about all this graffiti in our city. It seems as though the graffiti has more than tripled within the last few years. I can recall when I had a visitor from another town a few years back comment on how clean and beautiful Whittier was. But alas, that is the truth no more.
Even when I call the graffiti removal hotline, it takes them 3-4 days to respond, and paint everything that God awful beige color. Shouldn't they paint the metal poles gray, or at least something closer to the color scheme that it originally was?
Maybe we need city workers just patrolling, and extinguishing graffiti. Maybe they should be assigned 1/2-mile radius each, and are responsible for cleaning up their area. I am just frustrated. Any suggestions on how we can make our city beautiful once again? Maybe we all need to contact our elected officials regarding graffiti.
Let's put these blog sites to good use, and come up with an amazing solution.
PERSON

United States

#2 Apr 26, 2007
Well,

we could start with addressing the initial problem, which is gang activity. They are retarded to think they can claim turf when it is clearly public property. Perhaps they should tag up their own home instead of the poles and walls.

Video surveillance in high gang areas, stricter consequences for graffiti, and the citizens standing up strong against it. I think most people are afraid to even report the incident while its happening with fear of getting involved. How about more patrol officers, having traffic officers who drive around harassing good people for minor offenses should be focusing on the young kids driving around speeding, excessive lane changing and driving in two way left hand turn lanes to break ahead of traffic is dangerous.(Sorry off topic) The patrol officers should worrying about stuff like this and gang activity.
hate taggers

Pico Rivera, CA

#3 Apr 26, 2007
I don't agree that all the "tagging" is due to gang activity. Don't get me wring, of course some of it is, but i think most of it is just dumb kids thinking it's cool to scrible on walls.

The whole patrolling or having a person assigned to cleaning up a certain area sounds like a good idea. Does anyone know just how large Whittier and Unincorporated are? aRE THEY BOTH HANDLED BY THE wHITTIER pd OR (oops, cap lock) is unincorporated Whittier Sherriffs territory?

great topic, let's keep this baby going! Maybe we can come up with some solutions
PERSON

United States

#4 Apr 27, 2007
Good point, it is important to distinguish between taggers and gangs.
your all gay

Pico Rivera, CA

#5 Apr 29, 2007
Your all dumb you guys just dont know anything
pro whittier

Pico Rivera, CA

#6 Apr 29, 2007
why would you say we're dumb? Oh, I see, you must be one of these idiotic taggers that think they own the entire city. If you want to tag up stuff, tag your house, or your car, or yourself!

you can't really think the city looks better with all that crap written all over it. You must not only be stupid, but blind if you do.

“Bow Chika Wow Wow!”

Since: Feb 07

So Cal, O.C.

#7 Apr 30, 2007
hate taggers wrote:
I don't agree that all the "tagging" is due to gang activity. Don't get me wring, of course some of it is, but i think most of it is just dumb kids thinking it's cool to scrible on walls.
The whole patrolling or having a person assigned to cleaning up a certain area sounds like a good idea. Does anyone know just how large Whittier and Unincorporated are? aRE THEY BOTH HANDLED BY THE wHITTIER pd OR (oops, cap lock) is unincorporated Whittier Sherriffs territory?
great topic, let's keep this baby going! Maybe we can come up with some solutions
Unincorporated is the Whittier Sherriffs territory, and it seems their focus is on other things since the tagging is pretty ugly in these parts.
westwood

Toronto, Canada

#8 May 1, 2007
whittier is GETTO and full of trash thats why it has tagger and little gansters !
westwood

Toronto, Canada

#9 May 1, 2007
I feel for all of you whittier residents! What the hell is there to do in whittier anyways??????????

“Bow Chika Wow Wow!”

Since: Feb 07

So Cal, O.C.

#10 May 2, 2007
westwood wrote:
I feel for all of you whittier residents! What the hell is there to do in whittier anyways??????????
You have friends and family, you go shopping and sit down to eat and talk. It's a community. I didn't grow up here but I'm here now because my fiancee and daughter are here, so are his parents and sisters. In other words: If you're not a resident here then don't bother posting.
Scott

United States

#11 May 2, 2007
your all gay wrote:
Your all dumb you guys just dont know anything
It's "you're," smart guy.
PERSON

United States

#12 May 2, 2007
Calibeachbum wrote:
<quoted text>
You have friends and family, you go shopping and sit down to eat and talk. It's a community. I didn't grow up here but I'm here now because my fiancee and daughter are here, so are his parents and sisters. In other words: If you're not a resident here then don't bother posting.
Where about in whittier, CALIBEACHBUM?
Unincorporated Resident

Van Nuys, CA

#13 May 2, 2007
I do believe that the graffiti in our area has reached an all time high. Unincorporated Whittier wasn't as dirty as it is now.

There has to be womething done to improve the reaction time to the graffiti.

“Bow Chika Wow Wow!”

Since: Feb 07

So Cal, O.C.

#14 May 2, 2007
PERSON wrote:
<quoted text>
Where about in whittier, CALIBEACHBUM?
I'm off of Mulberry drive which I believe is Uncorporated Whittier, yes the tagging is ugly here.
But I pass Whittier Blvd and I can see apartments and buildings that have painted over the tagging there.

Since: Mar 07

Granada Hills, CA

#15 May 4, 2007
My suggestion to everyone is to frequently report every graffiti you see, old and new. It takes only 30 seconds; just call and tell them the address. The frequent calls will annoy the heck out of the authorities and make them get out of that lazy couch. It's a wake up call, telling them it's really a problem out there!

You have to understand what goes on in the tagger's mind (both dumb kids and gang members)...

When taggers see a graffiti, they will most likely "reply" by tagging on it to "reclaim territory" of that wall. And this goes back and forth, while 3rd party taggers jump into the tagging charade.

When the graffiti is all cleaned up, someone will tag it again, and start the charade again. But you should continue to report the graffiti promptly and frequently.

The taggers will eventually realize that there is no point to tag the same wall anymore when the graffiti gets erased shortly after.

The point here is to NEVER QUIT the fight against taggers. Keep on reporting without hesitation and without quitting, they will succumb.
Taggers are fools

Van Nuys, CA

#16 May 4, 2007
Geetarman wrote:
My suggestion to everyone is to frequently report every graffiti you see, old and new. It takes only 30 seconds; just call and tell them the address. The frequent calls will annoy the heck out of the authorities and make them get out of that lazy couch. It's a wake up call, telling them it's really a problem out there!
You have to understand what goes on in the tagger's mind (both dumb kids and gang members)...
When taggers see a graffiti, they will most likely "reply" by tagging on it to "reclaim territory" of that wall. And this goes back and forth, while 3rd party taggers jump into the tagging charade.
When the graffiti is all cleaned up, someone will tag it again, and start the charade again. But you should continue to report the graffiti promptly and frequently.
The taggers will eventually realize that there is no point to tag the same wall anymore when the graffiti gets erased shortly after.

The point here is to NEVER QUIT the fight against taggers. Keep on reporting without hesitation and without quitting, they will succumb.
I couldn't agree with you more.
I have the Graffiti Hotline stored on my cell phone, and I call them anytime I see graffiti.

The need to spell the numbers in order for them to post:

City of Whittier
same area code as Whittier
four, six, four, three, five, six, zero
Unincorporated Whittier
same area code as Whittier
nine, four, six, six, four, six, eight

It takes just a couple of minutes. No one will ever know you were the one who called, so no need to be scared of retaliation.

If everyone called, they would have no choice but to have the appropriate amount of workers cleaning up the tagging.

Great blog!!!
Resident

Redondo Beach, CA

#17 May 4, 2007
When you call in to this number, is it an answering machine that picks up? Just curious, but I will call.
Taggers are fools wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't agree with you more.
I have the Graffiti Hotline stored on my cell phone, and I call them anytime I see graffiti.
The need to spell the numbers in order for them to post:
City of Whittier
same area code as Whittier
four, six, four, three, five, six, zero
Unincorporated Whittier
same area code as Whittier
nine, four, six, six, four, six, eight
It takes just a couple of minutes. No one will ever know you were the one who called, so no need to be scared of retaliation.
If everyone called, they would have no choice but to have the appropriate amount of workers cleaning up the tagging.
Great blog!!!
Upset

Pomona, CA

#19 Jun 12, 2007
There is not enough info. I live in the unicporporated city of Whittier and have been searching for the patroling officer and still haven't found one. I woke up this morning and every wall was covered. I just want to help, get some information out there and restart the watch program. I don't want to see crap on the walls anymore. Now I see two "Gangs" fighting- FMK and DE.

“Bow Chika Wow Wow!”

Since: Feb 07

So Cal, O.C.

#20 Jun 12, 2007
Upset wrote:
There is not enough info. I live in the unicporporated city of Whittier and have been searching for the patroling officer and still haven't found one. I woke up this morning and every wall was covered. I just want to help, get some information out there and restart the watch program. I don't want to see crap on the walls anymore. Now I see two "Gangs" fighting- FMK and DE.
I know it's gross. I moved into this community a little over a year ago and it's nasty. Why the city tolerates it is beyond me. I did notice that the City has a Graffiti Removal department as one of the workers was removing graffiti from light poles along Whittier Blvd.
Upset

Pomona, CA

#21 Jun 12, 2007
Calibeachbum wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it's gross. I moved into this community a little over a year ago and it's nasty. Why the city tolerates it is beyond me. I did notice that the City has a Graffiti Removal department as one of the workers was removing graffiti from light poles along Whittier Blvd.
Whittier Blvd is the city of whiiter but the Graffitti by Sorensens Park is the LA Sherriffs. So I am looking for the LASD person I can cordinate with to get things going.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pomona approves ordinance to deal with loud, un... (Nov '09) 5 hr WordUp 32
News Club hopping: The Crazy Horse (Jul '08) 5 hr wtf 147
wmx3 5 hr Yea right 1
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr tom wingo 29,926
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 20 hr Xxplosion 5,718
Roger Ebert Loses Boxing Match, Jaw, Show, Life 22 hr Gene Sissie 1
Shctamy (Jan '15) Sun Night In 28
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brea Mortgages