Two property owners protest La Mirada plans for Valley View und...

There are 6 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Nov 2, 2009, titled Two property owners protest La Mirada plans for Valley View und.... In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

Plans to acquire key property for a new Valley View Avenue underpass at the BNSF Railroad are being challenged by two property owners who say the project could cripple their businesses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

Dont Be Stupid

La Mirada, CA

#1 Nov 2, 2009
Ed Roski has an empty building because the market is down and commercial real estate is a drag on the market. He is just trying to get some cash from the city by inventing a reason he cannot rent that property.

When the tables were turned, and he was in line to pay mitigation for his pie in the sky stadium project, Roski got the legislature to pass a special law just for him in a vain attempt to stop lawsuits from nearby property owners. I wonder if he paid off the legislature, or they just passed the law because he is short, and they like short people there in Sacramento?
Blue Balls

Inglewood, CA

#2 Nov 3, 2009
OH No!! IS this the SAME Ed Roski from the stadium?

Indeed the tables are turned, this Gazillionaire is complaining about chump change compared to his billion dollar stadium project.
Interesting, that there is no mention of this Roski being the stadium Roski. Not everyone reads the news or even is good remembering names, but considering how many articles have been written about Majestic/Roski, there should have been at least a mentioning of this fact.
Also interesting, how will he tackle this considering there is federal bucks involved in this project.
ShamWow

Long Beach, CA

#3 Nov 3, 2009
Don't Be Stupid!
Roski takes on Buffet

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Nov 3, 2009
Now that Warren Buffet owns BNSF, Roski should ask Buffet for sharing the cost of creating easement on his property in La Mirada.
Maybe Buffet will also put in some money for Roski to realize the construction of NFL stadium in Omaha, Nebraska instead of city of industry.
Shovel Slackers

United States

#5 Nov 3, 2009
I work off Gannet street just pass stage road. Thrity months of traffic on a two way road on Valleyview is going to get me fired. Wait a phucking minute, it only take 24 months to build a NFL stadium ! This must be one complicated underpass or ignorant engineers. Slackers suck.And the owner of one of the properties is not Ed Roski its Mark Roski. Eds my hero over the hill in Industry !
Mario Morales

La Puente, CA

#6 Apr 7, 2013
Quiet down, town rabble. You're disturbing my mother and me from getting it on. Yeah, that's right. We're going to squirt out a mini mom/me to help enforce codes. Then when she's older I'm going to boof her and have more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen Experiences Tingling Sensation 13 min CMS Dhykemeup 3
Water or not? 4 hr Clinton Harris 1
Latinos in California lag a far behinda in coll... 11 hr Natasha 1
Memorial planned for televangelist Rev. Robert ... 13 hr Arvellas Deep Hole 3
Pastor Robert 'the Godfather' Schuller Charged 14 hr Left Clefty 3
Pope Accidentally Gouges Out Child's Eye 15 hr VJw 2
Cathy Torrez murder in 1994 (Jul '07) 19 hr Placentia Resident 19
More from around the web

Brea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE