Official's stand on Arizona law ripped

There are 20 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from May 26, 2010, titled Official's stand on Arizona law ripped. In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

Rep. Gary Miller is among 26 members of Congress who have signed a letter taking issue with a top federal official who said Immigration and Customs Enforcement might not process illegal immigrants picked up in Arizona.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
r miller

AOL

#1 May 26, 2010
if the low life whale s--- eating napolitano .Whether Secretary Morton agrees with the actions taken in Arizona is irrelevant, he has a solemn obligation to enforce the rule of law," says the letter to Napolitano. "We are writing to express our outrage and request that you publicly condemn these comments as quickly as possible."

Four other Southern California members of Congress - Reps. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Huntington Beach; Brian Bilbray, R-Solano Beach; Duncan Hunter, R-El Cajon; and Ed Royce, R-Orange - also signed the letter to Napolitano.
finealy somepeople with balls
mikehighway

Phelan, CA

#2 May 26, 2010
What the hell is wrong with us? WE are Americans here, our fathers and brothers and sisters
have given there life's for us. We just can't argue about it ,it's the law of our land and any one
who isn't one of us has nothing to say. But the worst thing is the richest man in the world is a MEXICAN and his fellow citizens are dirt poor. Know go home and change your own land.
BIG ROCKHARD

Compton, CA

#3 May 27, 2010
ILLEGAL MEANS ILLEGAL ,SO TAKE IT HOW YOU WANT ,,,,,,,,, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT ,, THEN BACK TO MEXICO YOU GO
Mysty

Rialto, CA

#4 May 27, 2010
Get him out, now. When EMPLOYEES OF THE PEOPLE, WAKE UP AND FEEL THEY OWN THE WORLD, AND ACT OUT ON IT, IT'S TIME FOR THEM TO HIT THE BREAD LINE!! There is a REASON we have laws, and they are to FOLLOW THEM PERIOD. If they don't like it, put in your notice and get the hell out. I don't CARE how John Morton ( or any employee of the people) feels about the law, he either upholds it, or he can move to Mexico and embrace THAT country's laws. Which by the way, are NOT in his favor. It is NOT part of his JOB to decide what laws HE is going to uphold. Get rid of him. Before any laws are changed, this better be put to vote BY THE AMERICAN PEOPLE and the votes checked for legality. See you all the polls, I see new faces in congress already. Stand stong like our forefathers folks. WE ARE THE PEOPLE. Come on Californians, let's get the gang out of congress. I'm sick of this to.
AO Teacher

Alhambra, CA

#5 May 27, 2010
Wow, reason finally strikes back. The pro-illegal immigration gang is trying hard to paint enforcing the law of the land as racist. It is about time that elected officials challenge that illogical assertion. If any person within the government picks and chooses which laws to enforce, it is time for them to find other employment.
DPP

Cathedral City, CA

#6 May 27, 2010
I.C.E prioritizes the worst criminals. Intolerant and thoughtless bozos assume the system can readily accommodate twelve million people, including innocent children of course.

The federal government has a duty to perform. Arizona law interferes with the federal mandate. That's not intelligent or allowable.
dlorahdebarge

United States

#7 May 27, 2010
I think California officials need to focus on California...

Since: Jan 10

Covina, CA

#8 May 27, 2010
more of the stinking same.
TEA

United States

#9 May 27, 2010
Wouldn't that make ICE an Accessory after the fact?

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/718/usc_sec...

Accessory after the fact

Whoever, knowing that an offense against the United States has been committed, receives, relieves, comforts or assists the offender in order to hinder or prevent his apprehension, trial or punishment, is an accessory after the fact.
Except as otherwise expressly provided by any Act of Congress, an accessory after the fact shall be imprisoned not more than one-half the maximum term of imprisonment or (notwithstanding section 3571) fined not more than one-half the maximum fine prescribed for the punishment of the principal, or both; or if the principal is punishable by life imprisonment or death, the accessory shall be imprisoned not more than 15 years.
Rialto homeowner

New York, NY

#10 May 27, 2010
They need these people here so they can get them to vote for them and keep these scum bags in office. I have an illegal living right down the street form me. He was arrested for drugs and put in prison. When he was released they deported him but guess what 2 years later and he is not back with his family here. This is how it goes. His sister has two anchor babies and is on welfare. They are even paying for her to go to a trade school. I mean we are paying. These politicans are voted in buy the people to do what we want and need them to do but once in office they do what they want to do and think nothing of the ones who put them there. And Baca going along with the national guard to secure our borders is crap. Obama is olny doing this to say I am tring to get immagration in control. We need to also secure within our state. I say send them packing and get these free loaders off the free money wagon. I know of at least 4 people that work were I work that are using somebody elses SS number. This just goes to show nobody checks they come in through temp companies. I am sick and tired of how these people get it better then us law abidding tax paying citizen. Send them all home.
Rialto homeowner

New York, NY

#11 May 27, 2010
I did a typo. I meant to say he is NOW back with his family. Not that he is not back.
I was in a hurry.
Common Cents

Orlando, FL

#12 May 27, 2010
AO Teacher wrote:
Wow, reason finally strikes back. The pro-illegal immigration gang is trying hard to paint enforcing the law of the land as racist. It is about time that elected officials challenge that illogical assertion. If any person within the government picks and chooses which laws to enforce, it is time for them to find other employment.
You are absolutely right. The "Immigrant Rights" groups are trying to change the image of the Illegals even as they trying to make applying the U.S. Immigration Laws to their favored members appear "racist":
http://www.tcunation.com/profiles/blogs/chang...
harley dog

United States

#13 May 27, 2010
dlorahdebarge wrote:
I think California officials need to focus on California...
it is happining in and to california look around it's getting out there! lost my job 7 months ago and did qualify for unemployment because i was self employed witch means I AM ONE OF THE PEOPLE WHO PAID INTO UNEMPLOYMENT EMPLOYEES DON'T. i was ran out of business by ywo companys in paramount (hell) that hired illegals to work under the table and undercut everyone in the industry (machining) now i have 30 years experiance at 45 years old and can't find a job. when i leave a interview witch are rare i see and hear spanish speakers not americans. First i was turned down by california to get any help (20 years of saving going down the drain) second i.m getting crapped on by illegals and those who were birthed by illegals. YOU KEEP YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND I SAY IT'S TIME TO FIGHT THE INVASION THAT IS GETTING BIGGER EACH DAY THE BORDER STAYS OPEN.
harley dog

United States

#14 May 27, 2010
Rialto homeowner wrote:
They need these people here so they can get them to vote for them and keep these scum bags in office. I have an illegal living right down the street form me. He was arrested for drugs and put in prison. When he was released they deported him but guess what 2 years later and he is not back with his family here. This is how it goes. His sister has two anchor babies and is on welfare. They are even paying for her to go to a trade school. I mean we are paying. These politicans are voted in buy the people to do what we want and need them to do but once in office they do what they want to do and think nothing of the ones who put them there. And Baca going along with the national guard to secure our borders is crap. Obama is olny doing this to say I am tring to get immagration in control. We need to also secure within our state. I say send them packing and get these free loaders off the free money wagon. I know of at least 4 people that work were I work that are using somebody elses SS number. This just goes to show nobody checks they come in through temp companies. I am sick and tired of how these people get it better then us law abidding tax paying citizen. Send them all home.
WELL SAID mr/mrs homeowner that pays your property taxes for the illegals to go to school and get these programs and freeload off our country with free medical care free wic free car insurance to me it is all stolen by the invaders WELL SAID
samson

AOL

#15 May 27, 2010
HARLEY DOG; HOW COULD YOU HAVE THIRTY YEARS IF YOU ARE ONLY 45, DIDyou not finish highschool.may be the problem
dlorahdebarge

United States

#16 May 27, 2010
harley dog wrote:
<quoted text>it is happining in and to california look around it's getting out there! lost my job 7 months ago and did qualify for unemployment because i was self employed witch means I AM ONE OF THE PEOPLE WHO PAID INTO UNEMPLOYMENT EMPLOYEES DON'T. i was ran out of business by ywo companys in paramount (hell) that hired illegals to work under the table and undercut everyone in the industry (machining) now i have 30 years experiance at 45 years old and can't find a job. when i leave a interview witch are rare i see and hear spanish speakers not americans. First i was turned down by california to get any help (20 years of saving going down the drain) second i.m getting crapped on by illegals and those who were birthed by illegals. YOU KEEP YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND I SAY IT'S TIME TO FIGHT THE INVASION THAT IS GETTING BIGGER EACH DAY THE BORDER STAYS OPEN.
My point entirely...California needs to make changes not just offer lip service to "appear" as if those in power care. Miller needs to put his money (or Burum's and Cabrera's grant money) where his mouth is...why do you suppose they keep building low income apartments with undocumented labor...to house the very people they want votes from. Republicans cry to end welfare then they feed off the trough of alms for the poor...you know the Red Cross model of giving 90% for us and 10% for the needy...smoke and mirrors.

Since: May 10

San Bernardino, CA

#17 May 27, 2010
Does John Morton work for La Raza or something? This has gotten ridiculous. There is absolutely no legitimate excuse for pouring more resources into Iraq and Afganistan than into protecting our borders from invasion by foreign nationals, some of who are terrorists. Mr. Morton's position means he is no longer fulfilling his responsibilities to uphold the laws he is charged to enforce. This is grounds for termination. Why aren't we calling up all National Guard troops throughout the nation to ferret out the illegals for deportation, and placing a substantial number of troops on the borders to lock them down tight? We have the ability to stop this invasion. Why isn't the President and Congress siding with American interests on this?
harley dog

United States

#18 May 27, 2010
Remember back in the day when you could walk up behind a bunch of illegals and scream here come immagration and they would scatter like roaches, now they would just laugh because they know no one is going to do anything. mexico is invading and it might be the best WAR TAKEOVER plan ever just queitly go in and infiltrate and take over and get into power using there own giverment against them, if they won't stop us we will take it from them. BOYCOTT MEXICO and all mexican stores quit buying ice cream from those stupid push carts no more mexico vacations shut down the border stop the flow and change the anchor baby making constitution. STAND UP AND FIGHT REMOVE ALL ILLEGAL SUPPORTING POLITICANS LIKE JOSE BACA!
S B NATIVE BY BIRTH

Los Angeles, CA

#19 May 27, 2010
Who is John Morton?Did we ,U.S. CITIZENS ELECT HIM TO REPRESENT U.S.. If not then he has no buisness mandating U. S. policy. Yes he has the right to free speech but don't do it when being interviewed as Assistant Homeland Security Secretary. He should be FIRED(or better yet TERMINATED).I am going to call my Congressman and complain about the inept people they have working for the U.S. CITIZENS. Even though I don't think it will do any good as my Congressman Joe Bacca is (WORKING) for the ILLEGALS and not the UNITED STATES CITIZENS WHO PAY HIM, remember the TAX DOLLARS that YOU and I PAY but ILLEGAL ALIENS (NOT IMMIGRANTS) who don't havea S.S. CARD therefore wont pay taxes.
harley dog

United States

#20 May 27, 2010
samson wrote:
HARLEY DOG; HOW COULD YOU HAVE THIRTY YEARS IF YOU ARE ONLY 45, DIDyou not finish highschool.may be the problem
yes i finished 3.2 gpa worked 8 hour night shifts after school and 12 hour days every summer i worked harder and better than most. No i was'nt and am not the smartest person around but i worked harder than anyone that i ever worked with and when i started my own machine shop in 94 i worked 12 to 16 hour days six days a week to make it go and made it without stealing or hiring illegals when i closed in nov 09 my 12 employees got unemployment and i did not. i will admit i never worked all that smart but i worked harder than every employee i ever had (first to get there last to leave every day). i understand your question and mean no disrespect in my answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gang member gets 40 to life for shooting father... (Apr '10) 55 min GGVEWRX3 152
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 55 min tom wingo 29,716
LMP gang celebrates 31 years (Jun '08) 1 hr DL Cholito 1,785
dearodadbleedmybrakestreefrog666 2 hr dustbowl 2
Anyone hear a loud explosion in West LM at 6:45... (Feb '12) 2 hr snoopy dawg 30
Teen Experiences Tingling Sensation 16 hr Spack 1
News Why the Getty is giving Cal State Long Beach's ... Apr 5 Spanky 4
More from around the web

Brea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]