Whittier High grad shot to death

Whittier High grad shot to death

There are 60 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Oct 14, 2010, titled Whittier High grad shot to death. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

Latasia "Tasia" Yvonne Soto, 21, was shot and killed Friday morning, according to her uncle, Brian Quintana.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

classy

Covina, CA

#22 Oct 15, 2010
didn't know her but may she have eternal peace !!
RAISED IN PICO

Whittier, CA

#23 Oct 15, 2010
Our deepest condolences to the family and friends. May God hold you all in His Hands and help you through this. God Bless Her and All Of You.
tell the truth

United States

#24 Oct 15, 2010
In the past I have been to her TGIF the food was good. I have a new respect for TGIF for stepting up to the plate to help the family of their employee. i think everone should support TGIF and eat their as away to show support. I take my hat off and support TGIF.
curious hor-hay

North Hollywood, CA

#25 Oct 16, 2010
damn haven't been to tgif in a minute...what's good there now? i always would get the hot wings, and once i had a ribeye steak that was the bizness, but what else do you guys recommend?
right now

AOL

#26 Oct 16, 2010
The real deal wrote:
<quoted text>Geeesh! You sound like a total hater. You have some real issues. Your post must also pertain to your significant other.
From the way I read it, the comment wasn't meant to be disrespectful to this young lady. It seemed to be meant to show disdain for the type of person she had for a boyfriend. It's all too often that we're reading that wonderful, beautiful young women are having their lives cut short by boyfriends. Way too often this is happening. To me it seemed like this person was just showing and feeling the frustration and anger of reading but one more time that someones life was cut short way before her time by someone who didn't deserve her.
The real deal

Sunland, CA

#27 Oct 17, 2010
right now wrote:
<quoted text>
From the way I read it, the comment wasn't meant to be disrespectful to this young lady. It seemed to be meant to show disdain for the type of person she had for a boyfriend. It's all too often that we're reading that wonderful, beautiful young women are having their lives cut short by boyfriends. Way too often this is happening. To me it seemed like this person was just showing and feeling the frustration and anger of reading but one more time that someones life was cut short way before her time by someone who didn't deserve her.
First of all nobody knows what really happened. It could have been a boyfriend or a stranger or maybe she did it to herself. None of us know. Secondly if you read the other post this person wrote you would understand the craziness of this person. He posted that I was born to be a victim. This person has a warped way of thinking. What I got and others got is that he is blaming Tasia for choosing a loser.
This is life and reality. How many times do we hear, " He/she was a good person and I never would have imagined they would do something like that."
None the less, there is a family who is grieving the loss of this young beautiful girl.
We should all show some humanity and compassion for her loved ones.
Matt

La Habra, CA

#28 Oct 17, 2010
Thursday October 21st The TGI Fridays in Long Beach will also be holding a benefit night in honor of Tasia. This particular Friday's is where her mom is the General Manager. Please come down and show support for her mom. 20% of all food sales will be donated to the family. you can contact the Long Beach location for more details as well as reservations and directions
so very sad

Whittier, CA

#29 Oct 17, 2010
Wow..so much said.. a parent should never outlive their child..Tasia was a blessing to many, her contagious smile will live on with all of us that loved and knew her. Her passing was an unfortunate and unnecessary occurrence, regardless of how it occurred, and "who did it", the fact is she is no longer with us and will be forever missed. We knew her very well and loved her so much. God knows why he does what he does whether we understand it or not.. Haters, non haters stop for a moment and silently say a prayer for Tasia's family and friends in this great time of pain and loss. Because knowing her she would not want us to be sad, she would want us to remember her and smile.
JUSTICE

Long Beach, CA

#30 Oct 17, 2010
ALL I WANT IS JUSTICE 4 TASIA IN THIS WHOLE TRAGIC SITUATION. FOR THOSE OF U WHO REALLY KNOW TASIA KNOW SHE WOULD NOT TAKE HER OWN LIFE. I HOPE THE POLICE & INVESTIGATORS DO THEIR JOBS RIGHT 4 ONCE & FIGURE OUT WHAT REALLY HAPPENED.TOO MANY STORIES R OUT THERE & KEEP SPREADING. ALL I GOTTA SAY IS IF U KNOW SOMETHING SAY IT, DON'T BE SCARED/INTIMIDATED DO WHATS RIGHT. PUT URSELF IN HER LOVED ONES SHOES.... I KNOW TASIA IS NO LONGER W/US BUT AS 4 HER FAMILY & FRIENDS THEY NEED CLOSURE.....this is still so unreal :( she will truly be missed we love you tasia!!!
cindy

United States

#31 Oct 17, 2010
She is now in heaven with god
SFS Resident

Los Angeles, CA

#32 Oct 17, 2010
SFS does not like reporting about or giving any kind of info about assaults, gang activity/shootings, or anything negative. We do not live in a perfect city but this lack of info only shows how stupid and gullible the city administration thinks we all are! If this new guy Dino continues with the same policy then we must look for someone who can be honest. City council, we're looking at you!
lol wrote:
the worst WDN story ever
Anon

Whittier, CA

#33 Oct 17, 2010
maedma wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a lowlife piece of **** who need serious help. Tasia was a coworker of mine and also a friend. Come down to brea and say that to all her friends and family, and you'll see who the real loser is...that is if you made it out of there.
Tonight T.G.I. Friday's in Brea where Tasia worked was able to raise Well over 5,000.00 in honor of Tasia. The company as a whole across the nation will be taking a 4 day pull of donations to donate to her family.
Anon you need help.
Generally birds of a feather flock together. If her friends are the sort of people who would resort to violence, she must've been trash, too. That's too bad.
Matt

La Habra, CA

#34 Oct 17, 2010
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Generally birds of a feather flock together. If her friends are the sort of people who would resort to violence, she must've been trash, too. That's too bad.
you know what come say that one to me, and I'll show you some violence. Don't ever call my friend trash!
52 IN SFS

United States

#35 Oct 18, 2010
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Generally birds of a feather flock together. If her friends are the sort of people who would resort to violence, she must've been trash, too. That's too bad.
Wow! What a horrible remark to make. You have no idea what happened nor do I! But to say this about a young 21 year old is a disgrace. Her family diserves sympathy from fellow man!!! Where is the compassion! MY DEEPEST CONDOLESCES TO HER FAMILY! I have a 24 year old daughter and if I were to receive such horrible news I would just die myself! Please excuse these ignorant, low life and ill mannered people! Some people were brought up not loved and look for people they can share there hatred with! GOD BE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!
Observer

Downey, CA

#36 Oct 18, 2010
Matt wrote:
<quoted text>
you know what come say that one to me, and I'll show you some violence. Don't ever call my friend trash!
You should learn to read. Anon wrote that if those are the sort of people she hung out with, then...

You're proving Anon's point, because it would appear you are also a low life.
Observer

Downey, CA

#37 Oct 18, 2010
52 IN SFS wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! What a horrible remark to make. You have no idea what happened nor do I! But to say this about a young 21 year old is a disgrace. Her family diserves sympathy from fellow man!!! Where is the compassion! MY DEEPEST CONDOLESCES TO HER FAMILY! I have a 24 year old daughter and if I were to receive such horrible news I would just die myself! Please excuse these ignorant, low life and ill mannered people! Some people were brought up not loved and look for people they can share there hatred with! GOD BE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!
When people who claim to be her friends are making threats, that doesn't make her or her family look good. It makes them look like lowlifes.
The real deal

Long Beach, CA

#38 Oct 18, 2010
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Generally birds of a feather flock together. If her friends are the sort of people who would resort to violence, she must've been trash, too. That's too bad.
Okay Anon. You have rusled a few feathers and got some attention. Although I know gratification will only last a minute. You really need the attention from your mommy and daddy. Im sorry they never hugged you or payed any attention to you.
Im not angry at you for the rude insensitive words you post, I actually pity you.
You want to talk about being a victim? Look in the mirror, like I said im sorry you were hurt as a child.
I know it irks you that so many people loved Tasia. People like her are worthy of being loved and admired. It's not her fault you are a victim and a bitter person.
Yes it's unfortunate that a mentally unstable hateful person has taken her life, There is allot of evil in this world. That is evidenced by yourself.
Don't cast stones at anyone because all those mean words obviously reflect on you.
The real deal

Long Beach, CA

#39 Oct 18, 2010
I would like to make a suggestion to everyone on here. Whenever you read a post from some sorry person who seeks attention by posting rude personal jabs at people, do not respond to them.
You are just feeding there attention seeking behavior.
Lo G

Honolulu, HI

#40 Oct 18, 2010
It is extremely disrespectful and inconsiderate to post anything that may be even slightly controversial about someone who has passed away while we are still grieving. I'm not to sure why someone would comment on a post about someone they didn't know, but if anything please have some decency and repect. This was someones child, someones friend, someones sister. Please, if you don't know this young lady and the entire situation, don't go out of your way to comment...especially in a negative light. Thank you.
Brutally Honest

Yorba Linda, CA

#41 Oct 18, 2010
The real deal wrote:
<quoted text>Okay Anon. You have rusled a few feathers and got some attention. Although I know gratification will only last a minute. You really need the attention from your mommy and daddy. Im sorry they never hugged you or payed any attention to you.
Im not angry at you for the rude insensitive words you post, I actually pity you.
You want to talk about being a victim? Look in the mirror, like I said im sorry you were hurt as a child.
I know it irks you that so many people loved Tasia. People like her are worthy of being loved and admired. It's not her fault you are a victim and a bitter person.
Yes it's unfortunate that a mentally unstable hateful person has taken her life, There is allot of evil in this world. That is evidenced by yourself.
Don't cast stones at anyone because all those mean words obviously reflect on you.
Learn how to write at a 3rd grade level before you try to play doctor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 1 hr Davis 9,098
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) 3 hr Lil Lechugita 4,549
News Whistle-blower lawsuit seeks return of $500,000... 15 hr The More You Know 5
News Pedestrian hit by car in Pacific Beach (Dec '12) 15 hr Iceham 2
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 22 hr Told Pharts 33,405
News An Azusa neighborhood has become a common groun... (Aug '09) Thu Ace kings 216
News Honk: Are those 'Children at Play' signs legal? (Feb '11) Jul 5 Tolerant human 120

Brea Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brea Mortgages