Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201885 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Bud Longneck

Rock Island, IL

#194110 Jun 1, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree
Sup Lucy?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#194111 Jun 1, 2013
Bud Longneck wrote:
<quoted text>U Mad rite?
Wrong. It's fun! Just don't take it so seriously Jiz. Relax. Like you did instead of going to college.
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#194112 Jun 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald.
I always enjoy reading your posts. Tell your honey Arf! for me.
Frankie Rizzo.
Frankie Rizzo.

My honey said he sends his best Arf! Arfs. He said he hopes, if our Homosexual friends and the lesbians "pave the way", our canine friends will soon be able to marry the honeys of their own choosing.

Ronald
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#194113 Jun 1, 2013
"Bud Longneck" What a silly dope. Too funny!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#194114 Jun 1, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I await your "plenty of experts" with bated breath...
http://marriage-equality.blogspot.com/p/discr...
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#194115 Jun 1, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Some bigots try to justify their prejudice against consanguineous sex and marriage by being part-time eugenicists and saying that such relationships inevitably lead to “mutant” or “deformed” babies. This argument can be refuted on several fronts. 1. Some consanguineous relationships involve only people of the same gender. 2. Not all mixed-gender relationships birth biological children. 3. Most births to consanguineous parents do not produce children with significant birth defects or other genetic problems; while births to other parents do sometimes have birth defects. 4. We don’t prevent other people from marrying or deny them their reproductive rights based on increased odds of passing along a genetic problem or inherited disease. It is true that in general, children born to consanguineous parents have an increased chance of these problems than those born to nonconsanguineous parents, but the odds are still minimal. If a natural talent or gift runs in the family, the children will also be more likely to inherit and manifest that beneficial result as well. But there are increased odds of problems with births to older parents, too. There's no stigma assigned to that. These days, older women having children is actually especially celebrated, at least in the US. There is certainly no law against it.

Unless someone is willing to deny reproductive rights and medical privacy to others and force everyone to take genetic tests and bar carriers and the congenitally disabled and women over 35 from having children, then equal protection principles prevent this from being a justification to bar this freedom of association and freedom to marry.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#194116 Jun 1, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true that in general, children born to consanguineous parents have an slightly increased chance of problems than those born to nonconsanguineous parents, but the odds are still very minimal. If a natural talent or gift runs in the family, the children will also be more likely to inherit and manifest that beneficial result as well.

There are increased odds of problems with births to older parents, too. There's no stigma assigned to that. These days, older women having children is actually especially celebrated, at least in the US. There is certainly no law against it.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#194118 Jun 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Great rebuttal fruitcake.
Let's just cut through all your bullsh!t. I support marriage equality and you do not. So climb down off your high gay horse and realize there are others deserving of the same equality you are demanding.
Re-read some of your hate filled posts. What harm would a marriage of three gay men cause you? What harm would a marriage of two brothers cause you? You act disgusted. How do you feel when people act disgusted over gay marriage? You are they.
A marriage between three brothers who I don't know, would have no impact on my life.

Earlier I posted an article about two kids who were taken from their mother's custody because she was discovered, passed out with cocaine in her system and the kids were living in squalor.

Their situation didn't impact me either. But I'm not ready to drop laws against child abuse and neglect.

Keep trolling. And please get back to me when you've found "experts" who agree with incestuous marriage.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#194119 Jun 1, 2013
Bud Longneck wrote:
<quoted text>Sup Lucy?
at least i don't suck Ricky like you. But that's your choice. And really glad I don't suck living in a hole like you. Good luck, hasn't the great Obama saved you?

Elk Grove, CA

#194120 Jun 1, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
A marriage between three brothers who I don't know, would have no impact on my life.
How do you know? are you a psychic?

Elk Grove, CA

#194121 Jun 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
"Bud Longneck" What a silly dope. Too funny!
no kidding, what name is next for the dope?

Knoxville, TN

#194122 Jun 1, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know? are you a psychic?
Actually I am a bit psychic. How intuitive of you. Are you also psychic?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#194123 Jun 1, 2013
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie Rizzo.
My honey said he sends his best Arf! Arfs. He said he hopes, if our Homosexual friends and the lesbians "pave the way", our canine friends will soon be able to marry the honeys of their own choosing.
Ronald
Ronald.

I agree. Our homosexual friends are making rapid progress towards true marriage equality. Soon your struggle may be won.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#194124 Jun 1, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Earlier I posted an article about two kids who were taken from their mother's custody because she was discovered, passed out with cocaine in her system and the kids were living in squalor.
Their situation didn't impact me either. But I'm not ready to drop laws against child abuse and neglect.
Keep trolling. And please get back to me when you've found "experts" who agree with incestuous marriage.
I will find the research for you. Adverse amplification of bad genetics due to inbreeding has been recently found to be greatly exaggerated.

Also any amplification of bad genetics traits is counteracted by the same amplification for good genetic traits. For example artistic talent, intelligence and athletic body type to name just a few.

I'm sure you won't read the links I posted because you think you know everything about the genetics of incest since you're
a social "scientist". With a Masters in handing out welfare checks.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#194125 Jun 1, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that when someone wary of same sex marriage says anything about procreation they are shouted down with the "irrelevant" argument but when incest marriage is mentioned suddenly the procreation argument becomes valid and very important VV?

Does procreation matter or not? You can't have it both ways. Make up your mind then I'll post links to research on incest genetics suggesting the taboo is not justified biologically.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#194126 Jun 1, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Daphne Moon ?

<g>
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#194127 Jun 1, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Real scientists don't believe in psychics.
Stollies

San Dimas, CA

#194128 Jun 1, 2013
Trying to protect them?

Why does Glendora, California allow fly-by-night contractors to build in this city?

Only answer is "kick-backs" to city officials and elected officials.

When ever the city gets involved in a project it goes to HECK in a hand basket.

Cheap threads like the ones from Glendora city hall:

Please refrain from posting profanity or offensive material.

Be polite.

Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator.

Knoxville, TN

#194129 Jun 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that when someone wary of same sex marriage says anything about procreation they are shouted down with the "irrelevant" argument but when incest marriage is mentioned suddenly the procreation argument becomes valid and very important VV?
Does procreation matter or not? You can't have it both ways. Make up your mind then I'll post links to research on incest genetics suggesting the taboo is not justified biologically.
Cretin... Same-sex partners are not going to have a genetic offspring. Opposite-sex siblings who are having an intimate relationship are likely to have a genetic offspring.

Are you 100% sure that you weren't the result of an incestuous pairing? Is your father also your brother?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#194130 Jun 1, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Cretin... Same-sex partners are not going to have a genetic offspring. Opposite-sex siblings who are having an intimate relationship are likely to have a genetic offspring.
Are you 100% sure that you weren't the result of an incestuous pairing? Is your father also your brother?
Yes I am sure my father is not my brother. If you have an argument against marriage equality besides insults and ad hominem, get back to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 51 min inland empire trojan 34,791
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 4 hr My two cents 10,079
Street Sweeping (Apr '10) Thu UnhappyhomeownerLM 24
News Harassment Case Puts US Senate Candidate Under ... Nov 14 Red Crosse 8
News Honk: Are those 'Children at Play' signs legal? (Feb '11) Oct 18 marg 124
News After Virginia violence, far right and white na... Aug '17 Solarman 1
News 'Cars 3': 17 Things to Know about Lightning McQ... Jun '17 Pure Love 3

Brea Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Brea Mortgages