Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,152)

Showing posts 163,021 - 163,040 of199,071
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Lucy, go wait in the truck
Hi loonny bird, go wait under the truck...lol

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a bill to rename SFO Harvey Milk International. I don't mind but I like Emperor Norton International better.
If they rename it Harvey Milk, I would have to endure my crude New York relatives "Flying" out to visit me. "We'll be FLYING into Harvey Milk around COCKTAIL hour..."
If they rename it to Milk, they should have a special pedophile wing.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>If they rename it to Milk, they should have a special pedophile wing.
Yeah. And there's that.
Overages

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Jose Angel Marquez, 29 of West Covina, California was arrested for marijuana cultivation and sales of marijuana.

Marquez later posted a bond on $100,000 bail. He is due to appear for arraignment at Citrus Court in West Covina, California on May 17, 2013.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Hi loonny bird, go wait under the truck...lol
YUK!YUK!YUK!

Jizzybird58 is such a silly jackass.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Awww no reach around?
Nope, no contact at all with you creep!
MessNotWithMe

Northridge, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

"Fisting" and "rimming" are filthy practices not equivalent to heterosexual marriage in any way. The CDC fact sheet for Sept. 2011 states men who have sex with men are 44 times more likely than other men to contract HIV. And, the children are NOT all right, since studies by the Witherspoon Institute show children raised by homosexuals fare worse socially, psychologically and physically than people raised in other family arrangements. The children of parents who at some point had a same-sex partner were more likely to be on welfare, have a history of depression, have less education and reported 3 times as often as children of intact biological families that they were forced to have sex, the study found.
Here is what an honest gay activist found: "To be fully formed, children need to be free to generously receive from and express affection to parents of both genders. Genderless marriages deny this fullness.
There are perhaps a hundred different things, small and large, that are negotiated between parents and kids every week. Moms and dads interact differently with their children. To give kids two moms or two dads is to withhold from them someone whom they desperately need and deserve in order to be whole and happy. It is to permanently etch “deprivation” on their hearts."

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there closet case. You still in denial?
Denial of what? That I support gay rights but not the trophy.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I have the same right that you demand? To deny rights to folks I dont like? I have a list
Sigh.....still pontificating.....how do u fit it all in? From dispensing advise from on high to fighting for truth, justice, and the American way dressed up in your Super Big D outfit......does it look anything like the outfit Super Grover wears? How do u do it?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh.....still pontificating.....how do u fit it all in? From dispensing advise from on high to fighting for truth, justice, and the American way dressed up in your Super Big D outfit......does it look anything like the outfit Super Grover wears? How do u do it?
He posts like some spun out post monkey all day, all the while directing his staff from conference rooms in his multinational corporation (in Modesto!) And talking to kids in school about astronomy and don't forget balloon piloting.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
If?
You are completely incorrigible.
Too funny!

P.S. Thought you were "done with me". Couldn't resist?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why you will note that in the opening line of my comment I specifically said, "Every single solitary straight..."
The point of my comment is that when a straight person comes out strongly against same-sex marriage, they tend to (at the same time) condemn homosexuality.
It's through their condemnation of homosexuality that they explicitly announce their own orientation and its superiority.
My post was in response to someone who claimed that homosexual people do not need to "come out of the closet". This person also insinuated that straight people do not come out of the closet--do not announce their orientation. And I don't agree...
VV

After reading that, I went back and forth in my mind...yes and no. Personally my view on homosexuality, it is what it is. That doesn't mean marriage has to be legally redefined to address it, when other options are available.

I still don't quite get the media circus that accompanies the "I'm gay" pronouncement from some celebrity or athlete. There are times when, after hearing the latest "coming out" on the boob tube, I think "enough already....so you're no going to slap a rainbow sticker on your car....we get it".

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He posts like some spun out post monkey all day, all the while directing his staff from conference rooms in his multinational corporation (in Modesto!) And talking to kids in school about astronomy and don't forget balloon piloting.
I wonder if he patrols the city in his hot air balloon.....which I'm sure he inflates it himself....or does he have some sort of BigDmobile....maybe even a conversion van......do ya think Commissioner Gordon summons him by shining a big "D" in the sky?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuals are no more barron that heterosexual couples that resort to artificial insemination, surrogates, etc.
As long as both couples are of the opposite sex.....

Since: Apr 13

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
VV
After reading that, I went back and forth in my mind...yes and no. Personally my view on homosexuality, it is what it is. That doesn't mean marriage has to be legally redefined to address it, when other options are available.
I still don't quite get the media circus that accompanies the "I'm gay" pronouncement from some celebrity or athlete. There are times when, after hearing the latest "coming out" on the boob tube, I think "enough already....so you're no going to slap a rainbow sticker on your car....we get it".
Why do you fight gay rights... why not just accept that others are different from you and move on with your life... I mean really doesn't that make the most sense

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if he patrols the city in his hot air balloon.....which I'm sure he inflates it himself....or does he have some sort of BigDmobile....maybe even a conversion van......do ya think Commissioner Gordon summons him by shining a big "D" in the sky?
Look i'm a hetero female with a transsexual child and in no way does gay rights impact my life as a hetero female and its just ludicrously silly when people make the claim that marriage will be harmed

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I had no idea
Is that any different than republicans homosexual wet dream of coming into Reagan?
And you go into schools? You should be reported in Modesto for writing sick stuff here. You should not be allowed to be around little boys anymore.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

poledancer45 wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you fight gay rights... why not just accept that others are different from you and move on with your life... I mean really doesn't that make the most sense
Fighting gay rights or gay marriage?

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is actually strenghtened by gay marriage

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
True, it's creepy how he keeps writing about talking to little boys all the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 163,021 - 163,040 of199,071
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Brea News Video

•••
•••

Brea Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Brea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••