Whittier parents at St. Bruno Catholic School upset after not being told principal had a stalker

Nov 27, 2012 Full story: Whittier Daily News 817

Ronald S. Martinez was arrested and convicted of stalking Catherine Carvalho, the principal at St.

Full Story
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#42 Jan 28, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo Michael! You speak from experience and truly understand the insanity that plagues St. Bruno school because of Catherine. Only thing is you forgot to capitalize the word Manipulative to emphasize how welll she employs this tactic! Her current staff would also be thrilled to see her go!
Be very, very careful...you are speaking out of the wrong hole..
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#43 Jan 28, 2013
Parent too wrote:
So I guess to some it is best to wait for a stalker to do violence before families are notified.
Yeah he was caught, but the next crazy might not be.
All have a right to know that there might be a danger at the school.
Especially one that can be identified and isolated.
After the fact helps no victims
As the judge said....he is not a threat. But I can see by your posts that you are a threat. Be very careful.
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#44 Jan 28, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo Michael! You speak from experience and truly understand the insanity that plagues St. Bruno school because of Catherine. Only thing is you forgot to capitalize the word Manipulative to emphasize how welll she employs this tactic! Her current staff would also be thrilled to see her go!
You don't know the truth, so it might be best if you watch your words.
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#45 Jan 28, 2013
Past St Bruno Parent wrote:
This is a shit show of epic proportions! The parents of St Bruno's need to continue this battle with the archdiocese and DON'T BACK DOWN. This principal came with baggage from her past school, where those parents were never informed of this stalking issue, she left in the middle of her school year there, after installing all new security systems, in light tragic events in Connecticut, there can be never enough security. We have a KNOWN THREAT here, and preserving her job is an issue here from all these non St. Bruno people, more than likely her friends. I would defend any of my friends as needed - within reason, but how do you reason with these facts.
The only threat is the parents, like yourself, who are too stupid to critical think about their actions. Be careful!
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#46 Jan 28, 2013
St Bruno Parent wrote:
Dear Disgusted with liars. If you were truly concerned with your child's safety you would have removed them from the school at the first sign of trouble. The fact that you have not and choose only to complain is proof of that fact. You are putting your children second to your first priority of trying to run this school. News flash. Parents don't run the school. If you don't like the principal take your child and leave. No one wants to listen to your complaining anymore. You same parents have run off 4 principals in 9 years. Enough is enough. Time for a few bad parents to go not the principal. The school will be better for it
Love this logical thinker....leave...your a threat to St. Bruno. We don't want you and you have noooooo say in what happens, so get over yourself and move on.
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#47 Jan 28, 2013
for the kids wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is there have been 6 principals over the last 15 years. Maybe you should start thinking of the kids and realize how difficult it is to move a child in the middle of the year. Although, parents have left the school because of this situation. I think it's sad that St. Bruno's has lost families and I hope decisions are made that can help keep the community together so more kids do not have to be victims of this unfortunate situation. Just imagine how different this would have turned out if the truth was disclosed to the families. I hope to God that there are no other issues being hidden by the administration that could affect the children.
You must know that you are out of your mind. If families want to leave because they are leaving in a state of fear. Please do. St. Bruno will be better off without you. Truth is; you are not a Christian with empathy. Get a life and stop your negative interactions in the world; especially at St. Bruno. Bye!
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#48 Jan 28, 2013
PARENT PRO SAINT BRUNO wrote:
This school is out of control !!!! It's Amazing how one person can single-handedly bring our school down ! It's absolutely tragic !!! Even all you Pro Principal people have to admit our school is a MESS!! People are at each others throats . Our poor kids and teachers are so distracted . Worried about lock down drills , and unreasonable dismissal policies . Ridicules colored badges that really who can keep track ? By the way Virtus Trained means what ? You went to a class and saw a movie about molestation ? You could be a child predator and have a Virtus certificate . We have an ex police office in charge of security who has all kinds of rumors floating around about her .I'm sure the school hasn't checked into these rumors . Administration has no right to force their parenting skills on us. We have a right to raise our children the way we see fit . I understand that in school our children need to obey the rules set out for them , but after school is my business . Also Father is being prideful and I frankly find it insulting that emails are being sent out supposedly from him when we all know he didn't write it. Honestly it's all smoke and mirrors , trying to make us forget that the bottom line is Ms. C lied and continues to lie straight to our faces . She tries to sugar coat everything . I don't care how many meetings you have that's not going to change anything in fact I feel they make everything worse. She has brought nothing but problems to our school. We should be more concerned about our children's education then worrying about cameras , buzzers and gates. If your stalker is just a " Nuisance " then why even have a restraining order ? I don't want ANY family to leave . I hope that we all survive this. My family has been attending St. Bruno since 1980 and this is THE WORST it has ever been . They are even telling us that we can't park on the street after school ?The administration is trying to Micro Manage us. The Principal has even gone as far as telling teachers and staff that they aren't allowed to socialize with any parents even if their kids go to the school they aren't allowed to have kids over their house in their cars or even go to any birthday parties . Some of these teachers/ staff have been at St.Bruno for years and are friends with many families outside of school. If I was looking for a school now I would NOT consider St . Bruno !!! If you are rating this school with a 5 star you aren't fooling anyone. None of us are Happy :(
If you are not happy....please seek help...and another school.
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#49 Jan 28, 2013
St Bruno Parent wrote:
Dear Disgusted with liars. If you were truly concerned with your child's safety you would have removed them from the school at the first sign of trouble. The fact that you have not and choose only to complain is proof of that fact. You are putting your children second to your first priority of trying to run this school. News flash. Parents don't run the school. If you don't like the principal take your child and leave. No one wants to listen to your complaining anymore. You same parents have run off 4 principals in 9 years. Enough is enough. Time for a few bad parents to go not the principal. The school will be better for it
Please "bad parents" leave. There is another school somewhere that you can bad mouth. Leave...... leave....leave. With blessings.
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#50 Jan 28, 2013
John Concern wrote:
I agree. Carvahlo left her previous school in the middle if the school year. I am sure that was good for her students to have their leader leave.(Sarcasm). She left because she doesn't care about anyone's children But her own interest, which is fine but don't lie and tell people you care about the children. Why are the children at Bruno special vs the children she left at her previous school?( more sarcasm). Carvahlo is a self centered manipulator. She must go for the well being of the children of Bruno
You have noooo idea what you are talking about. Be very careful about slander or are you tooo stupid to understand that what you write can be held against you.
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#51 Jan 28, 2013
more secrets wrote:
a family member of mine works at the school and i hear new details daily. there is so much hidden from parents that it verges on insane. carvalho needs to leave the school before she fills it with all her secret keeping cronies.
keep your voices heard until she leaves. the children cannot thrive in a school run by a narcissist, where staff are tired, stressed and spread too thin.
Your "family member" is not very smart. Be very careful who you talk about and spread lies about. Slander, especially as a Christian, is terrible. Be very, very careful fool.
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#52 Jan 28, 2013
for the kids wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is there have been 6 principals over the last 15 years. Maybe you should start thinking of the kids and realize how difficult it is to move a child in the middle of the year. Although, parents have left the school because of this situation. I think it's sad that St. Bruno's has lost families and I hope decisions are made that can help keep the community together so more kids do not have to be victims of this unfortunate situation. Just imagine how different this would have turned out if the truth was disclosed to the families. I hope to God that there are no other issues being hidden by the administration that could affect the children.
The truth is: it's non of your business. Look at victim law. Your stepping in an area where you are better off shutting your mouth. Wouldn't want to be you!
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#53 Jan 28, 2013
Hugo wrote:
<quoted text>
If this post has any truth to it....this is truly concerning. I would truly hate to discover that there is more to the emotional roller coaster.. The only portion of this post which gives it any sort of credibility is the statement of having a family member who works at the school and has a inside line of information.
For the love of sanity and doing the right thing...If there is more to this story and we as parents are being kept in the dark "again"... the involved persons should do the ethical thing and remove themselves...trust has been broken..but if there is more deception...I assure you..the trust will be shattered..
The sad part is,even if they remove themselves... the damage has been done. The healing process after this will be difficult...but not impossible. We were a community before all this drama broke out..and we will be a community after the dusts settles. People in leadership positions need to allow us to do so(move on/heal)...do some internal soul searching and do what is best for the hundreds of lives they are affecting.... even if it means moving on to another chapter in their lives, and start over in another environment.
What's concerning is that anyone would believe this bs. The healing happens when parents focus on being better parents instead of "bad parents." Grow up! The drama is created by parents, only. Get over yourselves. This is hilarious.
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#54 Jan 28, 2013
<quoted text>
The last two two Principals left because they moved out of state. The one before that is at St Marrianne and the one before that works for the City of Whittier and left to care for her elderly mother, and before that is a Principal at La Mirada High School. They simply moved on.
You are truly uninformed. "Moved on" means so many things when you are profession..You don't know the truth. Be careful.
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#55 Jan 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Thank you , from your mouth to God's ears!!!
Yes! Remember you have to answer to God for your bullying and bad behavior. You should be ashamed.
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#56 Jan 28, 2013
more secrets wrote:
a family member of mine works at the school and i hear new details daily. there is so much hidden from parents that it verges on insane. carvalho needs to leave the school before she fills it with all her secret keeping cronies.
keep your voices heard until she leaves. the children cannot thrive in a school run by a narcissist, where staff are tired, stressed and spread too thin.
Sounds like your getting some bs sent your way. Catherine is at St. Bruno to stay. Cronies....big word for an idiot.
Hidden details....daily....wow! Sounds like your family member needs a new job.
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#57 Jan 28, 2013
Disgusted with liars wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting how a judge who labeled Martinez dangerous on Tuesday did a complete flip flop on Thursday. Could Catherine's private conversation with the judge before the proceedings began have anything to do with this change? Hmmmmmm. Perhaps this topic is best discussed with the judicial ethics committee. Gee this all goes back to that great Manipulative power Catherine has and a judge who is easily swayed. More lies to add to the already high pile both Father and Catherine have created.
Interesting how you are actually saying a judge is the criminal! Are you out of your mind? I'm going to make sure the judge sees this post. Keep up your bad behavior....see where that gets you! There are consequences for stupid, so wise up.
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#58 Jan 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Well put !!! I'm not going down without a fight!!! Our school is a "HOT MESS " Thank you to those past parents who are rooting for us! I too wrote on Great schools what a crock that all the comments where deleted.
If it is not truthful...it's deleted. Soooo, you lies are gone. Booo hooo....that didn't work. Now what are you going to do???? Catherine is here to stay. Get over it or get out.
Diana

Los Angeles, CA

#59 Jan 28, 2013
I'm the mother of the police officer who is being slandered. My daughter was a police officer for 23 years the last 7 as a Sergant. She retired as a Sergant with full pension. It surprised me that people who claim to be Christians and are sending the child to a catholic school to learn Christians values can be so hate
ful and and vindictive. If you are so fearful for your child's safety and have NO respect for Fr. Readon maybe you should find another parish and school to send your child too, or do you just like causing so much drama. I'll sure I'll get hateful comment but don't worry I'll just consider the source.
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#60 Jan 28, 2013
SBS Alum - Former Parent wrote:
In a school with young children, transparency is a MUST. This has been handled with an appalling lack of honesty and information. If there is NO problem - welcome the questions and concerns. If there is no danger, lay all the info out for all to see. It's been my experience, that where there is deception, there is a NEED to hide things. I have a long history with this school and church, and have been told that there is so much more info being hidden, all of which, makes it abundantly clear, that this stalker is not "harmless". So sad that this school and parish has come to such a dark place. So sad, that despite a policy of secrecy that led to untold child molestations - that the Church has not learned it's lesson. The children entrusted to you matter MORE than your agenda, or maintaining your authority.
Please look up "victim rights" and know that there is nothing hidden. Please read what the judge says about this stalker and the response of these unethical parents. So sad that parents think they can treat administration in this way: Disrespectful and out of control.
big sister

Los Angeles, CA

#61 Jan 28, 2013
This school is out of control !!!! It's Amazing how one person can single-handedly bring our school down ! It's absolutely tragic !!! Even all you Pro Principal people have to admit our school is a MESS!! People are at each others throats . Our poor kids and teachers are so distracted . Worried about lock down drills , and unreasonable dismissal policies . Ridicules colored badges that really who can keep track ? By the way Virtus Trained means what ? You went to a class and saw a movie about molestation ? You could be a child predator and have a Virtus certificate . We have an ex police office in charge of security who has all kinds of rumors floating around about her .I'm sure the school hasn't checked into these rumors . Administration has no right to force their parenting skills on us. We have a right to raise our children the way we see fit . I understand that in school our children need to obey the rules set out for them , but after school is my business . Also Father is being prideful and I frankly find it insulting that emails are being sent out supposedly from him when we all know he didn't write it. Honestly it's all smoke and mirrors , trying to make us forget that the bottom line is Ms. C lied and continues to lie straight to our faces . She tries to sugar coat everything . I don't care how many meetings you have that's not going to change anything in fact I feel they make everything worse. She has brought nothing but problems to our school. We should be more concerned about our children's education then worrying about cameras , buzzers and gates. If your stalker is just a " Nuisance " then why even have a restraining order ? I don't want ANY family to leave . I hope that we all survive this. My family has been attending St. Bruno since 1980 and this is THE WORST it has ever been . They are even telling us that we can't park on the street after school ?The administration is trying to Micro Manage us. The Principal has even gone as far as telling teachers and staff that they aren't allowed to socialize with any parents even if their kids go to the school they aren't allowed to have kids over their house in their cars or even go to any birthday parties . Some of these teachers/ staff have been at St.Bruno for years and are friends with many families outside of school. If I was looking for a school now I would NOT consider St . Bruno !!! If you are rating this school with a 5 star you aren't fooling anyone. None of us are Happy :(
Sounds like you need some therapy.....you don't know the truth so be very careful about slanderous words and actions. You might have to answer to that someday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 29 min Bruin For Life 27,924
LMP gang celebrates 31 years (Jun '08) 11 hr La Mirada 1,747
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 14 hr Honestly 5,094
Lawsuits allege OneWest bank can profit from fo... (Feb '10) 19 hr hubertfields00 16
SF gay pride event celebrates 40th anniversary (Jun '10) 20 hr DrRuth 113
Marine jailed in Mexico on weapons charges awai... Tue nifongnation 2
Imperial/Telegraph car wash sold. McDonald's mo... (Sep '13) Tue gul 19

Brea News Video

Brea Dating
Find my Match

Brea Jobs

Brea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Brea News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Brea

Personal Finance