Whittier parents at St. Bruno Catholic School upset after not being told principal had a stalker

Nov 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Whittier Daily News

Ronald S. Martinez was arrested and convicted of stalking Catherine Carvalho, the principal at St.

Comments
181 - 200 of 817 Comments Last updated Apr 8, 2013
John Concern

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

The info that is being shared in this forum is info that obtained by having your ears eyes and heart open. It's observing a principal that is chasing to cover her mispresantations and misjugdements. It seems you and the principal are from the same cloth (literally). You both seem to be in misleading your students, parents, and staff. Why don't we know what the tuition will be next year. Most of all catholic schools have their fees posted for next year. We do not. This is what most of us call not being truthful with your school. Please ms principal do not make excuses come out like a true leader and commit to our tuition as you commit to security force. Stand up like Jesus did and not fear
Truth or dare

Midway City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

John Concern wrote:
The info that is being shared in this forum is info that obtained by having your ears eyes and heart open. It's observing a principal that is chasing to cover her mispresantations and misjugdements. It seems you and the principal are from the same cloth (literally). You both seem to be in misleading your students, parents, and staff. Why don't we know what the tuition will be next year. Most of all catholic schools have their fees posted for next year. We do not. This is what most of us call not being truthful with your school. Please ms principal do not make excuses come out like a true leader and commit to our tuition as you commit to security force. Stand up like Jesus did and not fear
You just can't make up your mind can you? First it was about safety then it wasn't. Then is was about lies then it wasn't. Now it's about tuition? Wow you just lost all credability on this forum that is if you ever had any to begin with John/Jane
Truth or dare

Midway City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

BTW John/Jane. Tuition is how teachers get paid. I guess your concern over tuition / what teachers get paid means you no longer care about them and its all about you. Like I said this is purely personal for you. Game over!
Past student

South Gate, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

It seems to me that both sides of the argument have valid points yet they both have reacted poorly. The principal should have disclosed the information about her stalker to the teachers and parents of the school at the beginning of the year so that parents had adequate time to pull their kids out however the parents aren't blameless. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and remind themselves that there are over 30 staff members at the school other than the principal. Some of whom I've known since I was in kindergarten. Surely they have some responsibilities with keeping kids safe and don't expect the principal to micro manage each classroom. As for the retired cop, that is Barbara Scallon. She was a sergeant at LAPD for over 20 years protecting and serving us. She has full pension and is still very well respected amongst the community. And she has not downgraded to bodyguard. She actually is doing her best to keep kids safe by advising the school on safety measures they can implement. You parents need to wake up and realistically look around you. Being rowdy and unruly will not get you results but only distract your kids from their education. You can't preach about reform when you are unwilling to change in the slightest yourself. Also if you can't park on the street by the school then I guess you'll just have to use the big parking lot. And while I agree that big sis is a little sinister and creepy she has a point. Alot of what was posted on this site is slander and for those of you old people who don't know a thing about computers let me break it down for you. Each computer has its own, unique IP address that can be tracked from any police station. That means each and every one of your posts leaves cyber footprints that any one sophisticated enough can track right to that desktop in your living room. And also veiled intimidation will not persuade anyone to change big sis. It actually probably makes them angrier and more stubborn. What we all need to do is to come together at this crucial point and find some common ground. This isn't only a school but a parish and a community. We need to do what's best for the kids and compromise. Out aside our differences and work to make things better. Things only get better a step at a time. It won't happen over night.
John Concern

Huntington Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Truth or dare wrote:
BTW John/Jane. Tuition is how teachers get paid. I guess your concern over tuition / what teachers get paid means you no longer care about them and its all about you. Like I said this is purely personal for you. Game over!
This is not a game. This is about a principals misrepresentations and lack of leadership. Tuition is legitimate concern for everyone Teachers pay is between them and the archdiocese. Stay on topic. Poor leadership.
Truth seeker

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Past student wrote:
It seems to me that both sides of the argument have valid points yet they both have reacted poorly. The principal should have disclosed the information about her stalker to the teachers and parents of the school at the beginning of the year so that parents had adequate time to pull their kids out however the parents aren't blameless. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and remind themselves that there are over 30 staff members at the school other than the principal. Some of whom I've known since I was in kindergarten. Surely they have some responsibilities with keeping kids safe and don't expect the principal to micro manage each classroom. As for the retired cop, that is Barbara Scallon. She was a sergeant at LAPD for over 20 years protecting and serving us. She has full pension and is still very well respected amongst the community. And she has not downgraded to bodyguard. She actually is doing her best to keep kids safe by advising the school on safety measures they can implement. You parents need to wake up and realistically look around you. Being rowdy and unruly will not get you results but only distract your kids from their education. You can't preach about reform when you are unwilling to change . min the slightest yourself. Also if you can't park on the street by the school then I guess you'll just have to use the big parking lot. And while I agree that big sis is a little sinister and creepy she has a point. Alot of what was posted on this site is slander and for those of you old people who don't know a thing about computers let me break it down for you. Each computer has its own, unique IP address that can be tracked from any police station. That means each and every one of your posts leaves cyber footprints that any one sophisticated enough can track right to that desktop in your living room. And also veiled intimidation will not persuade anyone to change big sis. It actually probably makes them angrier and more stubborn. What we all need to do is to come together at this crucial point and find some common ground. This isn't only a school but a parish and a community. We need to do what's best for the kids and compromise. Out aside our differences and work to make things better. Things only get better a step at a time. It won't happen over night.
While it is nice to see a child defending a parent , let's be honest...out of control with power is just out of control. Whether it is the principal, vice principal, bodyguard, or music teacher drunk with power, the use of intimidation tactics is just wrong.. I see you used them yourself with your reference to cyber footprints. This is an open forum where concerned parents have the right to post their feelings, opinions and concerns. That is not slander but expressing a point of view. So stop trying to prevent the truth about the terrible conditions at S Bruno from being addresses by your "facts." And tell your mother, Barb, that what goes around comes around.
Handpicked 1

Charleston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

John Concern wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not a game. This is about a principals misrepresentations and lack of leadership. Tuition is legitimate concern for everyone Teachers pay is between them and the archdiocese. Stay on topic. Poor leadership.
Mr. Concern,
For your information, the teachers are not paid by the Archdiocese, but directly by the school/parish.
Truth or dare

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Attention John /Jane concern: you have expressed significant concern for the teachers and staff. Are you willing to pay higher tuition so they can receive much needed raises or is that where you draw the line on your concern for them? You brought up the tuition issue so per your own words " stay on topic"
John Concern

Paramount, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

I'm not concerned about a teachers pay or high the tuition will be i just want to know what tuition will be it the teacher responsibility to obtain their salaries concern is to know what the tuition will be. I'm concerned about the school staying within their budget. A transparent and responsible principal should have her budget in play and disclose her tuition. She should not wait until the last minute to share the new tuition amount as she delayed in sharing with the school that she changed the graduation date She changed the date and waited eight weeks to share that valuable info Once again a self centered fraud.
Truth or dare

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

John Concern wrote:
I'm not concerned about a teachers pay or high the tuition will be i just want to know what tuition will be it the teacher responsibility to obtain their salaries concern is to know what the tuition will be. I'm concerned about the school staying within their budget. A transparent and responsible principal should have her budget in play and disclose her tuition. She should not wait until the last minute to share the new tuition amount as she delayed in sharing with the school that she changed the graduation date She changed the date and waited eight weeks to share that valuable info Once again a self centered fraud.
Teachers and staff. You heard it yourselves. This small band of people looking to oust your principal doesn't care about you, even though they originally claimed to. Guess you now know the true nature of their intentions and who your friends really are. Truth or dare over and out.
JENNIFER

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Truth seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
While it is nice to see a child defending a parent , let's be honest...out of control with power is just out of control. Whether it is the principal, vice principal, bodyguard, or music teacher drunk with power, the use of intimidation tactics is just wrong.. I see you used them yourself with your reference to cyber footprints. This is an open forum where concerned parents have the right to post their feelings, opinions and concerns. That is not slander but expressing a point of view. So stop trying to prevent the truth about the terrible conditions at S Bruno from being addresses by your "facts." And tell your mother, Barb, that what goes around comes around.
GARBAGE! I will not dignify the opinions posted in this blog by replying to them but I will address the threatening comment made to my niece. If you have any decency left in your heart, you will leave the children out of this madness. You have crossed the line when you include them when "expressing a point of view." Absolutely disgusting!
City employee

Tracy, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

JENNIFER wrote:
<quoted text>
GARBAGE! The personal attacks posted in this blog are horrendous! Please respect my mother's right to defend her daughter. Isn't that what you claim to be doing by trying to get rid of the principal? Why then would you attack another parent doing the same thing? My mother is a wonderful person and an exemplary parent. Your comments are hurtful and unnecessary. I am honored to be her daughter!
it's not a personal attack. It's fact and public record
KarmaIsaBitch

Orange, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Hugo wrote:
well...it has begun. Families are being kicked out as of today. This is truly a sad day for our school, parish, and our community. I can not believe that it has come to this. And in the end our children loose because adults can not compromise, and work out differences.
Anyone who finds the expulsion of these families as a victory, you really need to rethink your view. Again...I have never seen such a one sided solution to a set of problems. It is safe to say that St. Bruno's will never be the same. I can not remember when families were kicked out of a school for disagreements on policy and procedures.
I guess diplomacy was never an option. I sincerely hope the families that are kicked out find peace and happiness in their new environment.
You don't make the rules, the school does. If you don't like them, get out. It's an overpriced education anyway.
Past student

Pico Rivera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Truth seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay first of all I'm not a child. I'm an adult so I would appreciate if you don't talk down to me as if I'm a moron. Show some manners. Second of all I am not Barbara scallions daughter. It's ignorant people like you who make feuds between people due to their own wrong assumptions and condescending attitude. All I was saying that threatening remarks like "what goes around comes around" are not needed if, like you allege, this is just an open forum site where parents discuss their opinions. But it crosses the line into defamation when someday says a veteran cop had a shady retirement because they are spreading that as a true fact. And if you felt intimidated by me telling you about cyber footprints then invest in some thicker skin. It clearly was not meant to be intimidatio since that would clearly mark me as a bigot and an idiot since in the same post I denounce it. Oh and not everyone is trying to "cover up the truth" or whatever dramatic phrase it is you think I'm doing. Last time I checked I wasn't slandering people or concealing anything.
Katharine Conforti

Pico Rivera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

City employee wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to tell these parents about being a role model? well sweetie.... Lets find some of your sons victims and see if they agree. It's all public record the crimes he committed. How is he doing anyways? I hope he's getting the rehabilitation he needs. Hope the neighborhood is doing better without him around. Take care and god bless. I pray everything works out.
How dare you, you condescending piece of garbage. First of all my uncle Gary is in jail for a VICTIMLESS crime you moron. Second how dare you blame my grandmother for the actions of her son. That's literally like saying all he rapes and murders are actually each criminals parents fault. Literally you have just proved yourself to be a complete and utter dumbass. My grandmother provided a great life for my mom, my aunt and my uncle. It was his decision to get involved with what he got involved with. And again they were victimless crimes you piece of shit. The neighborhood is doing just fine since he was never went around mugging people. your a self satisfied coward who can't put your name on the post because you know everyone will think your a stupid bitch for saying such cruel things to a greater woman than you will ever be. And if your going to say evil things to somebody don't be so lame as to feign compassion and interest in his rehabilitation. And then you have the nerve to say you'll pray for him? Ha! Keep your bullshit prayers. We all know you don't ever pray for anything unless it suits you. Your that kind of asshole who pretends to be so high and mighty when your worse than everyone else because truly are a bad person. At least my uncle was open about his badness. You keep it in only to unleash it in the mot cowardly way possible: an anonymous Internet post. So get your free shots in now on this forum you piece of shit. Because in real life you would have your fat mouth shut because you don't have the balls to come out and say what you had to say to my family in real life You a pathetic waste of space. Get at me.
Katharine Conforti

Pico Rivera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

City employee wrote:
<quoted text> it's not a personal attack. It's fact and public record
She's talking about how you said to tell my aunt what goes around comes around at the end of your condescending remark. Funny thing is that wasn't even my cousin you fool. But the fact that you attempted to pass a message to my aunt through her is kinda cute. It reveals how little courage you have to tell her yourself and that you use kids to get your point across you underhanded lowlife.
City employee

Tracy, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/news/ci_1607...

Really? Victimless ? Lets ask the employees if they felt like victims. You must be a bully too. I'll pray for you. My god be with you and your family.
Enough

Pico Rivera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

City employee wrote:
http://www.whittierdailynews.c om/news/ci_16074716
Really? Victimless ? Lets ask the employees if they felt like victims. You must be a bully too. I'll pray for you. My god be with you and your family.
This has got to stop!! All of the posting are hurtful, vindictive and are doing more harm to the school and parish then good. This has gone on too long. I pray that we all come to our senses and stop this.
First Hand Knowledge

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Connie Simons wrote:
I beleive this teacher is/was trying to get back at the school for being asked to leave her employment.
Care about the children I feel she does not ! she cares about creating trouble and to me this does not refect actions of a christian person.
shame shame on you....
I know for a fact that all the teachers at the school truly care for their students. This teacher was just doing what she thought was right. If it wasn't for her the parents probably would have never known about this man. The parents have a right to know.
Really

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

First Hand Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I know for a fact that all the teachers at the school truly care for their students. This teacher was just doing what she thought was right. If it wasn't for her the parents probably would have never known about this man. The parents have a right to know.
Do the parents also have the right to act his abhorrently? If the answer is yes then it only follows that the school administration has a right to remove them if necessary to insure the smooth operation of the school. Anything else would be illogical to believe. I feel sorry for the children of the parents who chose to act in such a manner that this became necessary but the parents brought this on themselves. I hope their children forgive them for what they alone have caused as a consequence of their behavior

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Brea News Video

•••
Brea Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Brea Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••