BBuchler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2011

Per the planner at City Hall, they are closing down the golf course from March to at least April. You won't hear this from the golf course, however, where hundreds of golfers will be displaced. Mens clubs, women's clubs, social clubs, Jr clubs, all will have to find a new home in 2011.

The rumor was they were going to keep the back 9 open, but that apparently has fallen thru, probably due to access to the back 9 being more difficult. So, now where will the golfers play?
Putt4Dough

Brea, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2011

I heard from a reliable source that the city and the owner's, the Chapman Family, were in talks last week to make a decision. As of Monday, the result of the meeting has not leaked out. The source said that there is a high probability of the course shutting down from March to November of 2011. I am sure that this has to be kept quiet until all the details are worked out (for the sake of the employees, etc).
Golfer83

Newport Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2011

There is no chance they will re-open this course. They are going to re-design a 9 hole Par 3 course in the middle of a housing development?? Now way!!! This is a big company doing what they do best, lying.

It's a shame because the big problem golf has is it doesn't have enough short courses where kids and not very good golfers can go out and play.
PSU82

Brea, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

I have seen the plans for the course and it is still 18 holes. It will be shorter in length a couple hundred yards but the same par.
I talked to the course GM and he said that it will most likely be open in late summer, early fall 2012.
Golfer83 wrote:
There is no chance they will re-open this course. They are going to re-design a 9 hole Par 3 course in the middle of a housing development?? Now way!!! This is a big company doing what they do best, lying.
It's a shame because the big problem golf has is it doesn't have enough short courses where kids and not very good golfers can go out and play.
Oldtimebreagolfe r

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

If Birch reopens, I will be surprised. I guess I'll go make a tee time at Imperial Golf Course. Oh! Wait! It's gone! There are houses on it!. So much for friendly Brea.
ggg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

There will be affordable homes built.
Joe Z

Gardena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Lived across the street from BHGC... had many a fun night on the course (:
Anonymous

Brea, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

There are signs up on Kraemer stating it is opening in late 2013, awesome, love Birch Hilss GC.
Anonymous

Mountain View, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2014

Is Bud Lindsey, from the "old" mens club at Imperial Golf Course, still there banging the cocktail waitresses? He and Tamara used to get down and dirty, or is that old fart still alive? He thought he was such a stud telling the samoan cocktail waitress how big he was.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brea Discussions

Search the Brea Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 25 min Fight On 26,727
Giant Ketchup Bottle Draws Tourists in Illinois 1 hr Spotted Girl 3
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr Fly straight 200,357
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr Fly right 4,893
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 10 hr LMSA Dad 4,819
Review: Atrium Windows (Mar '09) 14 hr Susan 177
Stalker case leads to lawsuit against St. Bruno... (Feb '13) Mon GradsDad 1,270
•••
•••

Brea News Video

•••
•••

Brea Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••